Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure (20902 Views)

Amazing health benefits of abere seed in managing blood sugar levels. / This Drink Is For Increase Of Libido, Premature Ejaculating, Low Sperm Count / Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 7:58pm On May 20, 2018
Consumption of `zobo’ drink is very effective in the management of hypertension due to its anti-hypertensive properties, says Dr Ochuko Erukainure, a nutritional biochemist.

Erukainure, a senior research officer with the Federal Institute of Industrial Research (FIIRO), Oshodi, Lagos State, disclosed this to newsmen in Lagos.

According to him, `zobo’ drink also known as hibiscus drink also helps in reducing cholesterol level, high blood pressure, diabetes and constipation in the human system.

He said, `Zobo’ drink contains between 15 per cent and 30 per cent organic acids such as: citric acid, maleic acid, and tartaric acid. It also contains acidic polysaccharides and flavonoid glycosides, such as cyanide and delphine.

Furthermore, he revealed that `Zobo’ drink helps to lower blood pressure.

Erukainure also said that drinking a cup of `zobo’ drink after every meal would help to reduce the absorption of dietary carbohydrates and assist in weight loss as zobo contains an enzyme inhibitor which blocks the production of amylase.
According to him, amylase is an enzyme that breaks down complex sugars and starches.

“It is rich in Vitamin `C’ and makes a wonderful herbal remedy to fight off colds and infections as well as help to retain fluid in the body system,’’ Erukainure said.

The senior researcher advised consumers not to add sugar to their `Zobo’ drink so that its natural essence could be well-preserved and not contaminated by other non-natural essences.

Erukainure , however, advised pregnant women against consuming `Zobo ‘drink saying some studies had shown that such could lead to miscarriage.
“Its safety during breast feeding is unknown and, therefore, it is best to avoid `zobo’ drink then also.’’

Erukainure said that patients diagnosed with low blood-pressure should not drink it and if they should, they should consult their doctors before doing so.

#Culled and edited from Vanguard News. Brought to you by Jodi Integrated Enterprises.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:58pm On May 20, 2018
Sobo.
Sobo.
Sobo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Mariangeles(f): 8:17pm On May 20, 2018
I like sweetened zobo with enough ginger

10 Likes

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by hisgrace090: 8:22pm On May 20, 2018
Natural drinks is the way today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by HOLYDICK(m): 8:54pm On May 20, 2018
Every tom, dick and harry called a doctor would tell us to eat dis/dont eat that. Drink dis/dont drink dat

Wtf

9 Likes

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 9:21pm On May 20, 2018
Mariangeles:
I like sweetened zobo with enough ginger
That is nice, some people however prefer it without sugar or less sweetened and with less ginger...different strokes. Zobo is a very healthy drink if well prepared and not mixed with too many unnatural additives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 11:00pm On May 20, 2018
hisgrace090:
Natural drinks is the way today.
Yes o! We are now more health conscious than we were a decade ago. Nature has blessed us with so much, we should start saying thank you by consuming them and promoting healthy consumption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 11:04pm On May 20, 2018
HOLYDICK:
Every tom, dick and harry called a doctor would tell us to eat dis/dont eat that. Drink dis/dont drink dat

Wtf
He is a Researcher, he has only stated what he knows. Healthy consumption is the new chill you know...you should start eating and drinking healthy☺

5 Likes

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 11:06pm On May 20, 2018
post=67729610:
Sobo.
Sobo.
Sobo.
grin
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by RichDad1(m): 6:09am On May 21, 2018
Zobo grin
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Kelamma(m): 6:10am On May 21, 2018
Really? Please where is that woman that sells zobo at my junction? Come and give me zobo to cure the hypertension that Buhari's hardships has caused.

16 Likes

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Aldebaran(m): 6:11am On May 21, 2018
Very Nutritious drnink grin

1 Like

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Nobody: 6:12am On May 21, 2018
zobo is good, but don't dare drink Hausa zobo ooo
Hausa zobo also amongst 1001 ways to die....

1 Like

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by s3tt1ngz003: 6:13am On May 21, 2018
Nigerians refuse to take advantage of this drink to make international recognition in the production of Zobo, despite all its benefits instead they killed the production thereby making it scarce in availability.

Meanwhile
fellow nairalanders
Pls I need any material regarding this topic

An examination of the effect of abandoned property on residential neighborhoods
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Pavore9: 6:13am On May 21, 2018
Love the drink.

1 Like

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by justi4jesu(f): 6:15am On May 21, 2018
I like a Chilled Zobo drink with Meat Pie grin

1 Like

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by bettercreature(m): 6:15am On May 21, 2018
Kelamma:
Really? Please where is that woman that sells zobo at my junction? Come and give me zobo to cure the hypertension that Buhari's hardships has caused.
You are a dullard! You know her shop and still asking us.

7 Likes

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by SoapQueen(f): 6:17am On May 21, 2018
Zobo, Kunu and the rest are my top picks.

1 Like

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Kelamma(m): 6:18am On May 21, 2018
bettercreature:
You are a dullard! You know her shop and still asking us.
Abeg you fit go junction buy am for me? I get hypertension. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Bari22: 6:18am On May 21, 2018
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by bettercreature(m): 6:20am On May 21, 2018
Kelamma:
Abeg you fit go junction buy am for me? I get hypertension. tongue
Send the money.Name... Omosare Omogun Igi. access bank acc/0093877712
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Nairalandmentor(m): 6:23am On May 21, 2018
Thanks OP. I have been drinking it for ages.

Get a dynamic blog design for 25k only. Comes with seo, ssl, google adsense, affiliate marketing, and social media autopost. Check my signature
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by loadedvibes: 6:28am On May 21, 2018
Those adulterated zobo drinks made from finished hibiscus.. You end up drinking coloured water and sugar as Zobo... mtcheew Nigeria we are our own enemies
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by HelenBee(f): 6:28am On May 21, 2018
s3tt1ngz003:
Nigerians refuse to take advantage of this drink to make international recognition in the production of Zobo, despite all its benefits instead they killed the production thereby making it scarce in availability.

Meanwhile
fellow nairalanders
Pls I need any material regarding this topic

An examination of the effect of abandoned property on residential neighborhoods
Are you an Estate management student?

4 Likes

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by s3tt1ngz003: 6:29am On May 21, 2018
HelenBee:
Are you an Estate management student?

Yes ooooo
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by olatade(m): 6:29am On May 21, 2018
i prefer sobo to soft drinks anytime anyday

2 Likes

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Kalapizim(m): 6:33am On May 21, 2018
Lemme go and buy zobo this morning.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by obembet(f): 6:34am On May 21, 2018
M
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Skmoda360(m): 6:36am On May 21, 2018
the one with sugar or ordinary sobo? cuz that thing called sobo can still kill person with the way em dey put sugar for inside it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BUDGET OFFICE: 14 Federal Tertiary Hospitals To Receive November Salary Late! / Photo Of The Deplorable State Of The UNIPORT Teaching Hospital / No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.