Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure (20871 Views)

Amazing health benefits of abere seed in managing blood sugar levels. / This Drink Is For Increase Of Libido, Premature Ejaculating, Low Sperm Count / Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by laraemi(f): 6:36am On May 21, 2018
Yes very effective, i drink it without sugar

1 Like

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Notmyproblem: 6:41am On May 21, 2018
Where is the result of a randomized trial to support his claim?
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Quality20(m): 6:45am On May 21, 2018
its seems far better than those poisons called beta blockers and other organ damaging medications

1 Like

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by eyinjuege: 6:49am On May 21, 2018
Zobo is good, however if you still have that risk factor contributing to the hypertension in the first place, OYO is your case.
Better still, why not lose that weight first and foremost. Yes, regular exercise and a healthy diet with intentional weight loss can do magic. Cut down on your carbohydrate intake.
How about stop smoking? , How about reducing salt in your diet, and reducing your alcohol intake? If you can stop the alcohol, the better for you.

2 Likes

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by selfmadeboss: 6:50am On May 21, 2018
JodiEnterprises:
Consumption of `zobo’ drink is very effective in the management of hypertension due to its anti-hypertensive properties, says Dr Ochuko Erukainure, a nutritional biochemist.

Erukainure, a senior research officer with the Federal Institute of Industrial Research (FIIRO), Oshodi, Lagos State, disclosed this to newsmen in Lagos.

According to him, `zobo’ drink also known as hibiscus drink also helps in reducing cholesterol level, high blood pressure, diabetes and constipation in the human system.

He said, `Zobo’ drink contains between 15 per cent and 30 per cent organic acids such as: citric acid, maleic acid, and tartaric acid. It also contains acidic polysaccharides and flavonoid glycosides, such as cyanide and delphine.

Furthermore, he revealed that `Zobo’ drink helps to lower blood pressure.

Erukainure also said that drinking a cup of `zobo’ drink after every meal would help to reduce the absorption of dietary carbohydrates and assist in weight loss as zobo contains an enzyme inhibitor which blocks the production of amylase.
According to him, amylase is an enzyme that breaks down complex sugars and starches.

“It is rich in Vitamin `C’ and makes a wonderful herbal remedy to fight off colds and infections as well as help to retain fluid in the body system,’’ Erukainure said.

The senior researcher advised consumers not to add sugar to their `Zobo’ drink so that its natural essence could be well-preserved and not contaminated by other non-natural essences.

Erukainure , however, advised pregnant women against consuming `Zobo ‘drink saying some studies had shown that such could lead to miscarriage.
“Its safety during breast feeding is unknown and, therefore, it is best to avoid `zobo’ drink then also.’’

Erukainure said that patients diagnosed with low blood-pressure should not drink it and if they should, they should consult their doctors before doing so.

#Culled and edited from Vanguard News. Brought to you by Jodi Integrated Enterprises.
Scum don't forget to tell them that zobo is not too good for women. It alters their period

1 Like

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Pat081: 6:51am On May 21, 2018
HOLYDICK:
Every tom, dick and harry called a doctor would tell us to eat dis/dont eat that. Drink dis/dont drink dat

Wtf
lol but I always go against them
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by trapQ: 6:54am On May 21, 2018
For women it reduces oestrogen levels .
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Horus(m): 7:05am On May 21, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x41LDygQ2sM

How to prepare Zobo drink (Hibiscus tea)
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Nobody: 7:22am On May 21, 2018
my zobolicious favorite recipe:

zobo, pineapple bark, ginger infused with a little spirit like johnny walker and ice.

i prefer shaking the mixture by hand , charges you for the day.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by victoroo: 7:31am On May 21, 2018
Sir are you sure
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Nobody: 7:38am On May 21, 2018
Kelamma:
Abeg you fit go junction buy am for me? I get hypertension. tongue
.grin
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Kelamma(m): 7:56am On May 21, 2018
bettercreature:
Send the money.Name... Omosare Omogun Igi. access bank acc/0093877712
You are sending account for common zobo 50 naira? Abeg, I dey house,comman collect it. tongue
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by abescom: 7:57am On May 21, 2018
laraemi:
Yes very effective, i drink it without sugar
how do you deal with the sour taste? I am keen on trying this rather than the stupid meds they give me which has tendency of dropping my bp a level where I will start feeling sicker than when it is high.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by bettercreature(m): 7:57am On May 21, 2018
Kelamma:
You are sending account for common zobo 50 naira? Abeg, I dey house,comman collect it. tongue
You want to renew your money ritual? Issokay.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by goldcoinhub: 7:57am On May 21, 2018
I have been drinking Zobo consistently for 5 months now....It is today I realised I hav not been tensive like I used to be....Could be this the cause...Wow...am grateful
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Kelamma(m): 8:12am On May 21, 2018
bettercreature:
You want to renew your money ritual? Issokay.
Taa! I ga agbo ego ole? Na your type go give counterfeit money. tongue

1 Like

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by wingmanII: 8:18am On May 21, 2018
Very true. Zobo or hibiscus tea is known worldwide as an antihypertensive. It also helps people with insomnia.

1 Like

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by lookingfly: 8:20am On May 21, 2018
JodiEnterprises:
Consumption of `zobo’ drink is very effective in the management of hypertension due to its anti-hypertensive properties, says Dr Ochuko Erukainure, a nutritional biochemist.

Erukainure, a senior research officer with the Federal Institute of Industrial Research (FIIRO), Oshodi, Lagos State, disclosed this to newsmen in Lagos.

According to him, `zobo’ drink also known as hibiscus drink also helps in reducing cholesterol level, high blood pressure, diabetes and constipation in the human system.

He said, `Zobo’ drink contains between 15 per cent and 30 per cent organic acids such as: citric acid, maleic acid, and tartaric acid. It also contains acidic polysaccharides and flavonoid glycosides, such as cyanide and delphine.

Erukainure also said that drinking a cup of `zobo’ drink after every meal would help to reduce the absorption of dietary carbohydrates and assist in weight loss as zobo contains an enzyme inhibitor which blocks the production of amylase.
According to him, amylase is an enzyme that breaks down complex sugars and starches.

“It is rich in Vitamin `C’ and makes a wonderful herbal remedy to fight off colds and infections as well as help to retain fluid in the body system,’’ Erukainure said.

The senior researcher advised consumers not to add sugar to their `Zobo’ drink so that its natural essence could be well-preserved and not contaminated by other non-natural essences.

Erukainure , however, advised pregnant women against consuming `Zobo ‘drink saying some studies had shown that such could lead to miscarriage.
“Its safety during breast feeding is unknown and, therefore, it is best to avoid `zobo’ drink then also.’’

Erukainure said that patients diagnosed with low blood-pressure should not drink it and if they should, they should consult their doctors before doing so.

#Culled and edited from Vanguard News. Brought to you by Jodi Integrated Enterprises.
this is how these doctors would be making noise based on superstitious believe instead of referring someone to their journal where the work has been publish. They will drumming into the ears of diabetics to eat wheat but some research have shown that the sugar content in wheat is even higher.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by slysteel: 8:31am On May 21, 2018
HOLYDICK:
Every tom, dick and harry called a doctor would tell us to eat dis/dont eat that. Drink dis/dont drink dat

Wtf
illitrate
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by slysteel: 8:32am On May 21, 2018
This is a fact,acting as an enzyme inhibitor is a well known fact.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Happychildlove(f): 8:35am On May 21, 2018
HOLYDICK:

Wtf
I tire ooo

1 Like

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Ellabae(f): 8:44am On May 21, 2018
Kelamma:
cheesy Just come nd collect chilled one from my fridge. I won't charge u to cure ur hypertension.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Ellabae(f): 8:48am On May 21, 2018
wingmanII:
Very true. Zobo or hibiscus tea is known worldwide as an antihypertensive. It also helps people with insomnia.
shocked insomnia? I will start taking it now. Thanks for the information.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by CioAngels(f): 8:52am On May 21, 2018
Can the fresh hibiscus be used?
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by HOLYDICK(m): 9:12am On May 21, 2018
slysteel:
illitrate

Thank you professor genius
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by donqx: 9:40am On May 21, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Bnladan(m): 9:49am On May 21, 2018
No be abok1 talk am oo, na 1 of dem talk am grin
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Kelamma(m): 10:12am On May 21, 2018
Ellabae:
cheesy Just come nd collect chilled one from my fridge. I won't charge u to cure ur hypertension.
Thank you very much my dear. I am coming . grin
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by octus2008(m): 10:45am On May 21, 2018
As the Ghanaians will call it Sobolo international
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 21, 2018
JodiEnterprises:

Where is the medical survey to prove this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help I want to gain some weight / Sexuality- How To Last Longer In Bed / Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.