Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

After Uk Deportation... - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After Uk Deportation... (4882 Views)

Bumi Thomas, Nigerian, Faces Deportation In UK. Given 14 Days To Leave / Deport Nigerians - South African Twitter Users Call For Mass Deportation / Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Uk Deportation... by travelland(f): 10:32am On May 21, 2018
Ikebesupa:
.. Thanks Travelland. While waiting for the 10 years, are there other countries I can visit? Thanks

Try Dubai or South Africa
Re: After Uk Deportation... by travelland(f): 10:35am On May 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

They would say 10 year ban, once the ban is over. The likelyhood of them issuing a visa, I would say is 2%........

This information is false. After 10yrs, his chances are normal provided he can prove that he's a genuine traveller

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by Londonboyrep(m): 12:06pm On May 21, 2018
I'd say 10years provided you weren't deported for anything other than an immigration offence e.g. overstaying. If it was deportation as a result of a crime then forget about it. Passport stamped or not they have your fingerprints. And even if it was immigration offence then the default decision on any future visa application(even after 10years) would to refuse - it is now up to the applicant to prove that their situation has now changed for example they are now well off with a good job or business in Nigeria and no longer have a real incentive to overstay. Sorry can't advise you on other countries but I'm sure all western European countries share data and operate in pretty much the same way. Hope this helps.
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Ikebesupa(m): 12:30pm On May 21, 2018
Londonboyrep:
I'd say 10years provided you weren't deported for anything other than an immigration offence e.g. overstaying. If it was deportation as a result of a crime then forget about it. Passport stamped or not they have your fingerprints. And even if it was immigration offence then the default decision on any future visa application(even after 10years) would to refuse - it is now up to the applicant to prove that their situation has now changed for example they are now well off with a good job or business in Nigeria and no longer have a real incentive to overstay. Sorry can't advise you on other countries but I'm sure all western European countries share data and operate in pretty much the same way. Hope this helps.
.... Na wa oo,
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Ikebesupa(m): 12:31pm On May 21, 2018
Londonboyrep:
.. I thought after 10 years, the data go automatically wipe off from the system. Na so China dey do
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Londonboyrep(m): 12:53pm On May 21, 2018
Ikebesupa:
.. I thought after 10 years, the data go automatically wipe off from the system. Na so China dey do
Not correct. In the UK your data is kept forever. The reason for the 10years rule is they believe that's sufficient time for someone's circumstances to have improved. Think of it-what stops anyone from applying with a completely new ID after 10years if all their history is wiped off? Yes it goes into a dormant archive and will no longer be viewable by default but if the said applicant were to apply in future then it would present a match (even if they were to change their name the fingerprints will give them away). Just so people don't assume different identities. And so also so they can pay special attention to people that have adverse immigration history during new applications. Bottom line is for anyone who has been deported previously, the application has to be stronger for them to be successful even after the 10 years period. Its a simple case of first impressions...

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by Ikebesupa(m): 12:57pm On May 21, 2018
Londonboyrep:
Not correct. In the UK your data is kept forever. The reason for the 10years rule is they believe that's sufficient time for someone's circumstances to have improved. Think of it-what stops anyone from applying with a completely new ID after 10years if all their history is wiped off? Yes it goes into a dormant archive and will no longer be viewable by default but if the said applicant were to apply in future then it would present a match (even if they were to change their name the fingerprints will give them away). Just so people don't assume different identities. And so also so they can pay special attention to people that have adverse immigration history during new applications. Bottom line is for anyone who has been deported previously, the application has to be stronger for them to be successful even after the 10 years period. Its a simple case of first impressions...
.. OK., my circumstances has actually improved impressively, I'm just asking if I will be allowed to visit in the future if needs be
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Londonboyrep(m): 1:00pm On May 21, 2018
Ikebesupa:
.. OK., my circumstances has actually improved impressively, I'm just asking if I will be allowed to visit in the future if needs be
You should if your case doesn't land on a crazy entry officer's desk. And God forbid they refuse you would have right of appeal provided your docs are in order. 80% of appeals are successful so I'd say your chances are good.
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Lexusgs430: 3:41pm On May 21, 2018
travelland:

This information is false. After 10yrs, his chances are normal provided he can prove that he's a genuine traveller

I said 2%....... So he still got a chance, but a high possibility his new application would be rejected.....
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Lexusgs430: 3:45pm On May 21, 2018
Londonboyrep:

Travelland, do you also disagree with this position? Hence I stated, 2%.........
Re: After Uk Deportation... by travelland(f): 3:54pm On May 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Travelland, do you also disagree with this position? Hence I stated, 2%.........

No I don't agree. In my opinion, you have an 80% chance of getting your visa after 10 yrs. As far as you can prove that you are a genuine visitor. If you are refused, you can always appeal
Re: After Uk Deportation... by travelland(f): 3:59pm On May 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I said 2%....... So he still got a chance, but a high possibility his new application would be rejected.....

2% chance is extreme. After his 10years bann, it will be lifted. 10 years is a long time in someone's life. Assuming he was 30 when he commited the crime, he will be 40+ when he applies again. A lot of things would have changed in his life and they will consider this while treating his application.
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Lexusgs430: 4:05pm On May 21, 2018
travelland:

2% chance is extreme. After his 10years bann, it will be lifted. 10 years is a long time in someone's life. Assuming he was 30 when he commited the crime, he will be 40+ when he applies again. A lot of things would have changed in his life and they will consider this while treating his application.

2% does not mean impossibility.... It simply means change of circumstances, would put his new application in the positive light.........
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Lexusgs430: 4:07pm On May 21, 2018
travelland:

No I don't agree. In my opinion, you have an 80% chance of getting your visa after 10 yrs. As far as you can prove that you are a genuine visitor. If you are refused, you can always appeal

You say 80%, I say 2%...... Let's not split hairs over the missing 0........

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by Lexusgs430: 4:11pm On May 21, 2018
travelland:

With the way they are scrutinising applications now, he got his chance and he breached the trust imposed in him earlier.......

Once he breached that trust and tried to circumvent immigrantion laws, it's a big NO NO....

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by Londonboyrep(m): 4:42pm On May 21, 2018
travelland:

Not true. This is simple common sense and its only logical. For example one of your friends was caught stealing from yours before and you decide to remain friends, every time he comes to your house going forward will you not be more careful and not leave things he can steal around? Will you treat him ,in terms of being cautious, the same way you would treat another friend who's never stole from you? In the same way in theory someone who has been deported has every right to apply after 10years the reality is that the checks will be more stringent than normal and even the slightest doubt will result in a refusal. And like someone said if documents and circumstances are in order than an appeal will be granted and will be successful. It will be harder than usual but not impossible. Don't say this person has same chances are someone who's never done anything as it simply isn't true. OP I'm not calling you a thief o just using as an example.

2 Likes

Re: After Uk Deportation... by Cyberknight: 5:31pm On May 21, 2018
travelland:

In today's current "hostile environment" towards even those who came legally such as the Windrush generation, I'd say the poster's chances of ever being given a UK tourist, fiance, spouse or even a student visa again are close to nil. Perhaps if you ever get hold of a diplomatic passport, you might get in. Otherwise, try elsewhere.
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Lexusgs430: 5:48pm On May 21, 2018
Cyberknight:

In today's current "hostile environment" towards even those who came legally such as the Windrush generation, I'd say the poster's chances of ever being given a UK tourist, fiance, spouse or even a student visa again are close to nil. Perhaps if you ever get hold of a diplomatic passport, you might get in. Otherwise, try elsewhere.

His only saving grace for now, would be the spousal visa, diplomatic visa or investor visa route.......
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Ikebesupa(m): 7:04pm On May 21, 2018
Londonboyrep:
Not true. This is simple common sense and its only logical. For example one of your friends was caught stealing from yours before and you decide to remain friends, every time he comes to your house going forward will you not be more careful and not leave things he can steal around? Will you treat him ,in terms of being cautious, the same way you would treat another friend who's never stole from you? In the same way in theory someone who has been deported has every right to apply after 10years the reality is that the checks will be more stringent than normal and even the slightest doubt will result in a refusal. And like someone said if documents and circumstances are in order than an appeal will be granted and will be successful. It will be harder than usual but not impossible. Don't say this person has same chances are someone who's never done anything as it simply isn't true. OP I'm not calling you a thief o just using as an example.
.. Hahaha, I was just coerced into it oo thinking it will be successful. I have been extending my visas before it happened. Had I known really comes at last
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Ikebesupa(m): 7:05pm On May 21, 2018
Cyberknight:

.. I really really regret going into it
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Ikebesupa(m): 7:06pm On May 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

His only saving grace for now, would be the spousal visa, diplomatic visa or investor visa route.......
.. Diplomatic visa? How can it happen
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 21, 2018
mrtomola:
That matter thick gan o. You gotta wait at least 5 years before you try any European country. I hope your Passport wasn't stamped or sezied ? If nothing like that happened then you can try any country again at anytime. Same happened to me in 2009 when I was deported from Germany. I tried to travel to England after 4 years but was denied of VISA then I was advised not to try any European country for the next 2years. Now I have been able to traveled to China and S. A.

Travel.
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Ikebesupa(m): 7:35pm On May 21, 2018
NewBea:

Travel.
.. At least he tried lool na only this error you had observed from his write up
Re: After Uk Deportation... by travelland(f): 8:03pm On May 21, 2018
Cyberknight:

OP, do not listen to this false statement
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Lexusgs430: 8:09pm On May 21, 2018
Ikebesupa:
.. Diplomatic visa? How can it happen

If you become a diplomat.......
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Ikebesupa(m): 8:44pm On May 21, 2018
@travelland

Thanks very much indeed travelland, I'm really pained it didn't work out fine for me, obviously it was a wrong thing to do but most people did that for survival. I went as a student and it wasn't easy at all with me so I had to save a lot for that so that I can be allowed to even work and put in their system while I take the little that will be left but it's really unfortunate for me. I believe I will be fine before that 10 years, I will really be doing good in all ramifications but I just wanted to find out if after that 10years whether I will be allowed to even visit friends that I had left. This thing happened 4 years ago thou

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by Lexusgs430: 8:51pm On May 21, 2018
@travelland

I don't have to introduce myself... I have also seen it happen some many times, hence my giving him the percentage, not completely ruling him out....

If he is properly packaged, he falls in the 2% margin or higher.......

OP asked for advice and that's what I am doing.... Give your advice and let OP pick from all he has read........
Re: After Uk Deportation... by corpROYAL(m): 8:59pm On May 21, 2018
Don't loose hope. Perhaps, there are other countries you can travel to base on your travel history, Panama is there, South Korea, China, Cayman island, Trinidad and Tobago, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Argentina Turkey and the host of them.
You can do well and better in those listed countries if you can find your way there. A moment you have resident permit of any of those place then, after 10years you can apply UK again and you will be given as your travel history and status has improve.

I hope this information will help and give you hope for better tomorrow. Take heart and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by Ikebesupa(m): 9:03pm On May 21, 2018
corpROYAL:
Don't loose hope. Perhaps, there are other countries you can travel to base on your travel history, Panama is there, South Korea, China, Cayman island, Trinidad and Tobago, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Argentina Turkey and the host of them.
You can do well and better in those listed countries if you can find your way there. A moment you have resident permit of any of those place then, after 10years you can apply UK again and you will be given as your travel history and status has improve.

I hope this information will help and give you hope for better tomorrow. Take heart and God bless you.
.. Thanks very much indeed,
Re: After Uk Deportation... by claremont(m): 9:29pm On May 21, 2018
travelland:

A consideration to lift a deportation order after 10 years is taken on a case by case basis. There is no rule in law that says his deportation WILL be lifted after 10 years, even the Secretary of State in charge of the Home Office doesn't know that. The OP committed an immigration crime and he was sympathetically deported for it, rather than spend time in a UK prison at the expense of UK taxpayers.

Sham marriages make it difficult for genuine applicants to bring in their spouses from overseas.

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by Ikebesupa(m): 9:39pm On May 21, 2018
claremont:

A consideration to lift a deportation order after 10 years is taken on a case by case basis. There is no rule in law that says his deportation WILL be lifted after 10 years, even the Secretary of State in charge of the Home Office doesn't know that. The OP committed an immigration crime and he was sympathetically deported for it, rather than spend time in a UK prison at the expense of UK taxpayers.

Sham marriages make it difficult for genuine applicants to bring in their spouses from overseas.
.. So what is your point now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Skydivers Jumped Out Of Plane, Formed A Floating Circle At 15,000ft(Pics) / Welcome To Russia / Nigerian Students In South Africa...How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.