Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,652 members, 7,805,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma (21441 Views)

Bloomberg: The US Targeted His Assets. Nigeria Made Him Budget Minister / The US Targeted His Assets. Nigeria Made Him Budget Minister / Ministerial List: Buhari May Retain Udoma, Lai Mohammed, Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by Nobody: 11:36am On May 21, 2018
AnanseK:

Long delayed by same crooks who jerked up the budget by over 500 billion Naira. Obviously the padded billions are meant to go to the legislators pockets. Pockets already building with the criminal payments of 13 million Naira monthly and 200million annual bonus. You people want the country destroyed just because you hate Buhari.
Are you this dumb not to be capable of doing research on what the so called padding is meant for and not just making your own stupid conclusion...Infact in a serious democracy budgeting should be the responsibility of the legislatures with executive input and not the other way round
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by PassingShot(m): 11:38am On May 21, 2018
Esseite:

So we are now on the dates and not if it was defended or not?... pathetic
You are beyond help.
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by Osmoiyke(m): 11:40am On May 21, 2018
Buhari, pls sign this budget. I even thought that the senate would have raised the budget more than the amount they have raised it to. Is the price of crude oil not up to 80 dollar again? Since there is a good rise in the price of oil compare to the initial amount u initially budgeted, I don't see how d small N500b d senate added to the budget has become a problem for u not signing d budget..Where I would ve' been against d senate is, if they had increased the recurrent expenditure without increasing the capital expenditure.
Pls, Mr president sign the budget there is hunger in d country..
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by Realist2: 11:55am On May 21, 2018
opeyemicollins:
I do say that Nigerian law makers are the major problem that we have in this country,they delayed the budget for too long and now they hijacked it up again so that they can have their own way as well,it was during last passage of budget that will see paddle and what we are seeing now is beyond that may god save us from them...i trust PMB,with his integrity he may ask them to reduce it

Some of you have little knowledge on the economy and this your stunt "Integrity of Buhari". Now, let me educate you:
The budget benchmark for crude oil was peg at $45 per barrel, but now the current market price $71-$80 barrel, which either excess of $26-$35 go into excess crude account ( reason why excess crude account is going up everyday with out any major capital project going on), now the Senate dim it fit to include some projects and increase the budget of vital ministries like education, defence and social welfare in order to reflect on lives of common men in the streets, not to be having huge sum in excess crude account while Nigerians are become more poorer by the day.
Your " Mr integrity " is hiding so many thing; paying subsidies secretly, increased daily oil consumption from 30million to 60 million liters, running government on propaganda and releasing fictitious and bogus figures while there is nothing to show for it, pumping dollars to capital market, making corruption a systemic.etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by millomaniac: 11:56am On May 21, 2018
opeyemicollins:
I do say that Nigerian law makers are the major problem that we have in this country,they delayed the budget for too long and now they hijacked it up again so that they can have their own way as well,it was during last passage of budget that will see paddle and what we are seeing now is beyond that may god save us from them...i trust PMB,with his integrity he may ask them to reduce it

Did you say integrity? Maybe it means something else to you. Ever wondered why the Mr integrity chant suddenly abruptly stopped since he took over power? Wake up!!
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by Kaiser94(m): 11:57am On May 21, 2018
PassingShot:
[s][/s] March. Not end of last month which was April. Seek knowledge.
I like you my brother
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by SalamRushdie: 11:59am On May 21, 2018
Jatinzbusinessc:
cool

2018 budget is as good as nothing if he signs it or not, the year is already over and elections is around the corner.

Then I ask what happened to the 2017 budget? Because no body is talking about it has it been signed into law.

Exactly
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by SalamRushdie: 12:00pm On May 21, 2018
opeyemicollins:

What integrity ? Please dont spoil my day with your naive ness
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by opeyemicollins(m): 12:01pm On May 21, 2018
i think its you that been naive
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by millomaniac: 12:02pm On May 21, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
The advent of Saraki in our democratic sojourn will prove to be the most catastrophic in our history.
Saraki is Satan incarnate
Go to kwara nd see how millions of people re held in hopeless servitude under his demonic spell.

Funny how someone can see the speck in other people eyes but can't see the forest in their own, what of your president. . . . . Laff wan kii me i swear. LMAO
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by opeyemicollins(m): 12:07pm On May 21, 2018
Educate your generator,if you have one
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by AnanseK(m): 12:10pm On May 21, 2018
transformed:
Are you this dumb not to be capable of doing research on what the so called padding is meant for and not just making your own stupid conclusion...Infact in a serious democracy budgeting should be the responsibility of the legislatures with executive input and not the other way round

Angry Igbos like you can never think straight and to them stealing is not corruption even 3 years after the departure the clueless President.
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by 4Play(m): 12:14pm On May 21, 2018
Mogidi:

Oil is now over $80 yet Buhari's padded budget says $45.

It's a good thing we are using a more conservative number.

This is what the legislators did under GEJ. If oil prices collapse again, you will start hearing: Buhari refused to save.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by millomaniac: 12:14pm On May 21, 2018
Realist2:

Some of you have little knowledge on the economy and this your stunt "Integrity of Buhari". Now, let me educate you:
The budget benchmark for crude oil was peg at $45 per barrel, but now the current market price $71-$80 barrel, which either excess of $26-$35 go into excess crude account ( reason why excess crude account is going up everyday with out any major capital project going on), now the Senate dim it fit to include some projects and increase the budget of vital ministries like education, defence and social welfare in order to reflect on lives of common men in the streets, not to be having huge sum in excess crude account while Nigerians are become more poorer by the day.
Your " Mr integrity " is hiding so many thing; paying subsidies secretly, increased daily oil consumption from 30million to 60 million liters, running government on propaganda and releasing fictitious and bogus figures while there is nothing to show for it, pumping dollars to capital market, making corruption a systemic.etc.

God Bless you. Me I don talk tire. Many people on social media are proudly ignorant.
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by bobgentle: 12:27pm On May 21, 2018
Is this really a Change govt from a Progressive Party who tagged my Administration corrupt.

I WARNED NIGERIANS I strongly believe the spell cast on them will be destroyed come 2019

Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by GEJDHERO: 1:07pm On May 21, 2018
opeyemicollins:
which Nonsense Integrity...stop deceiving ursef.
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by Odmic2839(m): 1:09pm On May 21, 2018
Jer6s:
The only "SIGN" I am interested in as regards Buhari is when he SIGNS Off being the president grin
That would be a SIGN of RELIEF! tongue
you can wait for that come 2023.
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by GEJDHERO: 1:17pm On May 21, 2018
This is very simple the executive could channel the excess money to any viable project omitted and write to the Senate about it.
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by flavunit: 1:19pm On May 21, 2018
Even if they are paid BMC or what, should they be spilling out senseless comments, I won't dare pay such rubbish as if they don't reason at all.
shekauvsbuhari:
its like u are a paid BMC internet zombie. Are U not de same person as #opeyemicollins#? BMC paid keyboard warriors I dey hail!
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by ehinja: 1:37pm On May 21, 2018
Can the Senate ever cut down initial budgeted fund? Must it always be an increase anytime they pass back the budget? When are we going to have structural debate on allocation for Education ,Health and infrastructures. We have been left behind by civilization yet cannot change our way of thinking in governance.
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 21, 2018
PassingShot:

Educate yourself and you will realize that the budget was defended.

What was not done was to allow the crooks add their cut to the budget.

2017 budget runs till May 31, 2018.

Our fiscal year is from June 1st to May 31st.

Nothing was done with all our budgets since 2015
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by sabidey: 2:16pm On May 21, 2018
martineverest:
Ur mental capability is overly low .....see as u dey diagrace Ur family in public
do u kn the meaning of padded budget? is thr any connection btw budget padding and the trash u wrote?....kai
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by martineverest(m): 2:36pm On May 21, 2018
sabidey:
do u kn the meaning of padded budget? is thr any connection btw budget padding and the trash u wrote?....kai
u keep disgracing urself bro....the minister is concerned about the padded budget by senators using oil price as a means...crude oil price incrementdoesnt go to budget but excess account and reserves.but senators wants to 'chop' the money
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by Mogidi: 3:18pm On May 21, 2018
4Play:

It's a good thing we are using a more conservative number.

This is what the legislators did under GEJ. If oil prices collapse again, you will start hearing: Buhari refused to save.
Oga you have been missing for a very long time. Your analysis is always spot on. Find time to contribute more, Nigeria needs your kind.
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by Omobada(m): 4:07pm On May 21, 2018
Esseite:

Read and you just might break that yoke of zombies
Buhari gave that order end of last month, so when did they defend it?

For you to think Senate would pass budget without defending it, you have to reduce your codeine consumption
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by Reference(m): 4:22pm On May 21, 2018
PassingShot:
The burden is on the Senate to explain why the budget was jacked up and how the funding will be sourced.

I heard part of the jack up was to provide funds for subsidy the government has failed to admit but are secretly paying unbudgetted off the NNPC.
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by lookingfly: 5:03pm On May 21, 2018
Jatinzbusinessc:
cool

2018 budget is as good as nothing if he signs it or not, the year is already over and elections is around the corner.

Then I ask what happened to the 2017 budget? Because no body is talking about it has it been signed into law.
we are just finish in this country.
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by APL33: 5:03pm On May 21, 2018
Mogidi:

How long would it stay at $45? And how does reducing our oil benchmark accrue to padding?

Effective planning means accounting for all eventualities. If the oil benchmark remains at $80, we would be able to fund the budget, if not, $45 would cover.
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by buhariguy(m): 5:19pm On May 21, 2018
martineverest:
Ur mental capability is overly low .....see as u dey diagrace Ur family in public
is mogidi with his senses?

Even if the Oil price is $80, since today,
Because the last time I check, as of yesterday, it was $73.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by buhariguy(m): 5:36pm On May 21, 2018
Realist2:

and this government is behaving as if he has more money than your ineffectual buffoon era.

You can see the paradox.
Buhari is receiving half of what your ineffectual buffoon was receiving.

And with this half revenue, buhari budget is more than twice of your ineffectual buffoon budget.

And buhari has done thrice in 3yrs of what your ineffectual buffoon could not do for 6yrs.

See paradox, no jobless intellectually lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra can explain. That is what Omokri and ffk cannot explain.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by omokab: 6:11pm On May 21, 2018
Mogidi:

see how you are disgracing yourself in public. Primary na giraffing. Secondary school, you scape through by cheating. How do youwant to understand what budget is all about. You are just hearing of padded but you don't know the meaning. Shame on you!
Re: Why Buhari May Not Sign 2018 Budget – Minister, Udoma by Realist2: 8:32pm On May 21, 2018
buhariguy:
and this government is behaving as if he has more money than your ineffectual buffoon era.

You can see the paradox.
Buhari is receiving half of what your ineffectual buffoon was receiving.

And with this half revenue, buhari budget is more than twice of your ineffectual buffoon budget.

And buhari has done thrice in 3yrs of what your ineffectual buffoon could not do for 6yrs.

See paradox, no jobless intellectually lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra can explain. That is what Omokri and ffk cannot explain.

Your zombified version has no remedy, I didn't want to reply you, but I went through all posts, there's hardly no one without " Idiotic Biafra pig", then I understand your frustration and you need help. I am never from South East or Biafra, but it,s very very unfortunate that your demi senile god, who is known all the world to be certificate- less, first class in ineffective buffoonery, crass and highest level incompetence ( even appointing the dead he has once sent a condolence massage)....
I understand your plight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: We’ll Campaign Vigorously For Buhari, Sanwo-olu, Says Ambode / Atiku’s Witness Can’t Remember Date Of Presidential Election - The Punch / Kwankwaso Commissions NNPP Office In Jos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.