Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:59 PM

IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! (1151 Views)

Lagos Assembly Reacts To Proscription Of F-SARS / Shehu Sani, Reno Omokri React As F-SARS Killed Kolade Johnson / Presidency Reacts Over The Death Of Kolade Johnson Killed By F-SARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! by TheTrueSeeker: 12:17pm On May 21, 2018
The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has ordered the Rivers State Commander of Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (F-SARS), Mr. Akin Fakorede, an Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), to sue Governor Wike and the Rivers State Government for libellous publications against him.

A May 17 letter, signed by the IGP’s Principal Staff Officer (PSO), Usman Umar, authorised the commander to sue the state.

The letter, passed through the Commissioner of Police, Zaki Ahmed, reads “I refer to your letter No. CB:3960/RVS/VOL.1/3, dated May 16, 2018 with its attachment on the aforementioned subject (request for authorisation to seek legal/civil remedy against continuous publication of false, malicious and libellous publications against ACP Akin Fakorede by the Rivers State Governor, Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, and agents of the Rivers State government) and respectfully convey the approval of the IGP that you direct the officer (Fakorede) to go to court, please.”

The authorisation to sue Wike and Rivers came after IGP exonerated the commander in Rivers of allegations levelled against him.

Fakorede, a lawyer, in his request for authorisation, with reference number: CB:3960/RVS/F-SARS/VOL.2/8, addressed to IGP, passed through the commissioner and dated May 15, said he wanted permission to institute legal action, seeking an injunction against the continuous publication of the false advertisements against him.

The F-SARS said: “In the last one month, the Rivers State government has taken up paid advertisements on the front and inside pages of major national daillies in the country, alleging falsely that some staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), specifically one Mary Tunkoyo and Dr. C. Odekpe were assaulted by my person and I am presently engaging in the plotting, training, recruiting and arming of a special squad in Kaduna, Abuja and Port Harcourt, for the purpose of rigging the 2019 elections.

“These allegations are not only false, but are very malicious, more so considering the fact that the so-called INEC report has been investigated extensively by the IGP’s Special Investigation Panel and I was completely and totally exonerated from blame, as the evidence of all the parties attest to our (F-SARS operatives’) good work of protecting INEC staff under attack.

“It is my humble appeal that I be granted the authorisation of the IGP to seek an injunction against the malicious publications, which are causing irreparable damage to the image of the Nigeria Police Force, my reputation and the good name of my family.”

Wike claimed Fakorede was indicted for the 2015 elections and rerun, and allegedly colluded with the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The IGP’s December 7 letter of exoneration, signed by the Deputy Force Secretary 2, DCP M. C. Mukaddas, addressed to the then Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) Fakorede, Akingbade Victor, read: “You will recall that you were queried for act of serious misconduct, vide letter: AP: 41985/FS/FHQ/ABJ/13 of March 9, 2017. The IGP has carefully considered your representation to the query and found that you are not blameable.”

“He (IGP) has decided that you be exonerated and you are hereby so exonerated, with effect from December 5, 2017. You are to acknowledge receipt of this letter through the appropriate channel, please.”

Wike, however, claimed page 66 of the report of INEC into the Rivers rerun indicted the F-SARS commander in Rivers, alleging that Fakorede was accused of hostage taking, hijack of electoral materials and physical attacks on INEC’s officials.

Wike called on Rivers people and lovers of democracy to stand up and say no to any officer who would steal their votes and still assault the people.

http://thenationonlineng.net/ig-orders-f-sars-chief-to-sue-rivers-govt/
Re: IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:20pm On May 21, 2018
You will recall that you were queried for act of serious misconduct, vide letter: AP: 41985/FS/FHQ/ABJ/13 of March 9, 2017. The IGP has carefully considered your representation to the query and found that you are not blameable.”

Inukwa exoneration!!! I guess the video of the idiot beating up INEC officials was also doctored!!! Like Idris like surbodinates bunch of thugs we have got for a police.IGP Idris will end up as one of the most corrupt in the history of the force.His end shall be very disgraceful

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! by mercenary: 12:22pm On May 21, 2018
So all of a sudden the head of impunity is advising someone else to go to court?

Wonder shall never end!

Very useless and shameful people

2 Likes

Re: IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! by Skepticus: 12:22pm On May 21, 2018
cool

This illiterate transmittor is giving advice? 8

3 Likes

Re: IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! by swagagolic01(m): 12:23pm On May 21, 2018
Lol, 2019 go soon reach, let's see that federal might they've been disturbing us about...

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! by Morbeta11(m): 12:41pm On May 21, 2018
IGP iS high on omission Transmission fluid again.

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! by OfficialAwol(m): 12:45pm On May 21, 2018
Idris is working for the ruling party.

That one no dey vex me.

Wetin dey vex me be say.... he's rubbing it on our faces that he's working for the interest of his employer.

Any sane mind will agree that it has never been this bad.

Marilyn Ogar was a learner where this #transmission is.

Fiakwa!

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:45pm On May 21, 2018
Expecting lots of transmission between IG and Wike soon grin
Re: IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 21, 2018
The authorisation to sue Wike and Rivers came after IGP exonerated the commander in Rivers of allegations levelled against him.

Police exonerating police grin....
It seems IGP is blind to that Fakorede's video harassing Inec officials in 2015.
Re: IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! by punisha: 12:58pm On May 21, 2018
Mad people everywhere...

Will love to see how this plays out...

NPF has no reputation to protect they should deal with it.

...and the lawless waif in the name of Akin fuckarede really has no shame.
Re: IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! by GworoChewinMaga: 1:08pm On May 21, 2018
This IGP is either mad or a real dunce.

What does it gain to use a temporary position to gather powerful enemies?

2 Likes

Re: IGP Orders F-SARS Commander In Rivers To Sue Gov. Wike...!!! by HtwoOw: 1:21pm On May 21, 2018
head of impunity ??

mercenary:
So all of a sudden the head of impunity is advising someone else to go to court?

Wonder shall never end!

Very useless and shameful people

(1) (Reply)

You Never Know With This Saraki Saga: / See 14 Road Projects FG Is Spending N185bn On / APC Lays Four Count “criminal” Charge Against R-APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.