Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis (1455 Views)

Be Enlightened About The JOHESU Strike!!! / JOHESU Strike: Nigerian Government Threatens ‘no Work, No Pay’ Policy / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by Babybush: 12:46pm On May 21, 2018
JOHESU Strike: People Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Ministers
Posted by PharmaTimes
JOHESU Strike: People Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour MinistersPEOPLE living with HIV/AIDS, and 11 other groups weekend in Abuja, petitioned the Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole and his Labour and Employment counterpart, Senator Chris Ngige raising alarm that the ongoing health workers strike was worsening their situations

They threatened to hold both Ministers accountable for any death of members or any other negative consequences the protracted industrial action would have on their lives or treatment.

The petition was signed by Civil Society for HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, CiSHAN, Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, NEPWHAN, Nigeria Diversity Network, NDN, Network of Religious Leaders Against HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, NINERELA, Civil Society Platform on Health, Treatment Action Movement, TAM, Initiative, Nigerian Network of Youths Against HIV/AIDS, NYNETHA, Association of Women Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, ASHWAN, New HIV/AIDS Microbicide Advocacy Group, NHVMAS, Media Arts and Entertainment Network, Association of Positive Youth in Nigeria, APYIN, and Society for Women and AIDS in Africa, Nigerian, SWAAN.

The petition reads in part: “We in the Civil Society for HIV/AIDS in Nigeria and Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria wish to draw your attention to the negative impact the ongoing strike by the Joint Health Workers Union, JOHESU, is having on People Living with HIV/AIDS, PLHIV, who are accessing care and treatment across government facilities nationwide.

“Currently, the facilities have been shut down completely by the striking workers necessitating our members who have clinic appointment for their life saving drugs to miss their appointment.”

Technical Officers who work for Implementing Partners cannot access the facilities to retrieve vital medical information of clients to enable them provide alternative treatment facilities where drugs can be accessed by those in need of it. Whereas 95% of HIV/AIDS treatment in Nigeria is supported by donors, shutting the facilities amount to sabotage of their investment in the AIDS response in particular and Nigeria in general.

“This is added to the fact that we are at a critical stage of the HIV/AIDS National Response in which the National AIDS Indicator Survey (NAIIS) is about to commence. This strike is a potential threat to the survey of which huge resources has been invested and committed to it. This survey happens to be the largest survey ever to be conducted in the world and it is happening in Nigeria. We therefore cannot afford to fail the international community.

“While we are engaging with the National leadership of JOHESU to grant our implementing partners access to the facilities, we use this opportunity to urge you as a matter of national emergency to immediately resolve all the issues in contention with the health workers union amicably to enable the striking workers return to duty in providing continuum of care to people living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria.

We cannot afford to record any AIDS related death or continued blockage of AIDS response implementing partners to supported facilities where treatment is provided to those in severe need of it as this will lead to a reversal of the gains attained in fighting HIV/AIDS, possible withdrawal of funding by the international donors as well as making us to miss the goal of ending AIDS in Nigeria.

“We will hold you responsible if any AIDS related death occurs as a result of this strike.

We will hold you responsible if we cannot access the health facilities to conduct the National AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS). We will hold you responsible if international donors withdraw their funding as a result of their inability to access the treatment supported facilities.”
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by MrBigiman: 1:26pm On May 21, 2018
Johesu is a concern that should be struck out. They are largely illitrates who couldn't attain enough academic credits to read medicine and thus settled as support staff. Their unholy gene of thuggery has shown up and they lock facilities that do not belong to them in the first place. Posterity will stand as a witness.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by Babybush: 3:44pm On May 21, 2018
MrBigiman:
Johesu is a concern that should be struck out. They are largely illitrates who couldn't attain enough academic credits to read medicine and thus settled as support staff. Their unholy gene of thuggery has shown up and they lock facilities that do not belong to them in the first place. Posterity will stand as a witness.
Lol... Support staff. But the supposed main staff can't Even treat their president ni

6 Likes

Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by MrBigiman: 3:50pm On May 21, 2018
Babybush:

Lol... Support staff. But the supposed main staff can't Even treat their president ni

Are u aware that Buharis Doctors are Nigerians based in the UK?, are u aware that the number of migrant Doctors last year alone was over a thousand. If the support staff have become lepromatous, then the Doctors will do better avoiding them than contracting leprosy

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by Babybush: 5:20pm On May 21, 2018
MrBigiman:

Are u aware that Buharis Doctors are Nigerians based in the UK?, are u aware that the number of migrant Doctors last year alone was over a thousand. If the support staff have become lepromatous, then the Doctors will do better avoiding them than contracting leprosy
Please show us evidence that they are Nigerians

5 Likes

Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by Crowniey(f): 7:40pm On May 22, 2018
MrBigiman:
what are you saying Mr, everybody has the right to read whatsoever he or she desires. I choose to be a Nurse because I want to not because my brain capacity could not cope with medicines. I can assure you that I will as well pass in medicine if i choose to. so stop saying what you don't know. it's still the same five credit we both use during our admission process Mr.

4 Likes

Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by MrBigiman: 8:39pm On May 22, 2018
Crowniey:

what are you saying Mr, everybody has the right to read whatsoever he or she desires. I choose to be a Nurse because I want to not because my brain capacity could not cope with medicines. I can assure you that I will as well pass in medicine if i choose to. so stop saying what you don't know. it's still the same five credit we both use during our admission process Mr.

keep mentally psyching urself. Zoology use the same 5 credits too. Medical student consistently have the highest cutoff point for the past 20yrs and even several grading bodies has tagged MBBS one of the most demanding courses in the world. Most of this ugly fight is for the unsustainable civil service, if not I see no reason why MLSD would be accredited for lab technicians, when even if u open a private hospital u won't need one as it's superfluous and redundant to pay more to someone who wouldn't add any extra value. Do urself a favour, type MLSD on Google and see that no single country in the world does that trash, even Wikipedia has no record of it. Our jealousy will leave us with a Country with no health sector.
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by elpj: 8:54pm On May 22, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
MrBigiman:

keep mentally psyching urself. Zoology use the same 5 credits too. Medical student consistently have the highest cutoff point for the past 20yrs and even several grading bodies has tagged MBBS one of the most demanding courses in the world. Most of this ugly fight is for the unsustainable civil service, if not I see no reason why MLSD would be accredited for lab technicians, when even if u open a private hospital u won't need one as it's superfluous and redundant to pay more to someone who wouldn't add any extra value. Do urself a favour, type MLSD on Google and see that no single country in the world does that trash, even Wikipedia has no record of it. Our jealousy will leave us with a Country with no health sector.

Is it d admission ur father paid for or which one.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by WesleyPepper: 10:35pm On May 22, 2018
Crowniey:

5 credits for where grin
Dey there dey deceive yourself.
Nah same jamb and post utme cut off too abi
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by bmlsbmls: 8:31am On May 23, 2018
MrBigiman:

sir, kindly google.search DCLS(doctorate in clinical laboratory science)....and by d way, MLS.D is for medical lab scientists, and not technicians
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by MrBigiman: 9:09am On May 23, 2018
bmlsbmls:
sir, kindly google.search DCLS(doctorate in clinical laboratory science)....and by d way, MLS.D is for medical lab scientists, and not technicians

First change ur name to MLSD. Second as long as u are lurking around teaching hospitals, doing bench work but seeking to be a leader, u are a technician. Scientists are in research and their extra qualification has no place in improved patient care.
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by bmlsbmls: 9:13am On May 23, 2018
MrBigiman:

First change ur name to MLSD. Second as long as u are lurking around teaching hospitals, doing bench work but seeking to be a leader, u are a technician. Scientists are in research and their extra qualification has no place in improved patient care.
are doctors specializing in lab medicine also technicians then?
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by MrBigiman: 9:55am On May 23, 2018
bmlsbmls:
are doctors specializing in lab medicine also technicians then?

I withdraw from any Johesu/NMA talk forthwith. My wife has given me a stern warning and I will respect her intelligent opinion. I wish Johesu and NMA the best.
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by Crowniey(f): 1:12pm On May 28, 2018
WesleyPepper:

5 credits for where grin
Dey there dey deceive yourself.
Nah same jamb and post utme cut off too abi
what ever you think. I just want to make you understand that I didn't do nursing because I wasn't able to get in for medicines.
Must the Doctors interface on whatever decisions the govt want take. it's not affecting your salary and there is enough money for the implementation of what the Johesu's wanted. so why the interference? you guys just do not want other people in the health sector to develop and explore. That's selfishness, pride and covetousness. why don't you leave us alone with the govt? why don't you allow us voice out our wants and needs. all we want is salary increment and a good working condition. Is that too much to ask for?

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by toysleek(f): 2:21pm On May 28, 2018
MrBigiman:

I withdraw from any Johesu/NMA talk forthwith. My wife has given me a stern warning and I will respect her intelligent opinion. I wish Johesu and NMA the best.
Your wife is a very wise woman.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by phase1: 3:22pm On May 28, 2018
MrBigiman:

You are too illiterate to be taken seriously, you are just a butcher in a white coat. cheesy

Lemme make people take a laugh at your foolery. grin

The attached pics are from universities where the DMLS program in several progressive countries from US, UK, pakistan, even nearby Ghana.

You are permitted to go back to the stone age ALONE and practice medical butchery. grin

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by phase1: 3:33pm On May 28, 2018
Even Dr Gary of UK NHS trust is a DBMS a professional doctorate of Biomedical laboratory science and a consultant Biomedical Scientist in the field of hematology. He is also a Fellow of the Royal college of pathology (remember he is a Scientist not a physician) the UK medical postgraduate college.

For those who don't understand the significance. The Royal college of pathology in the Uk is a medical postgraduate college just like national postgraduate college here in Nigeria where they acquire pg diplomas to become consultant. If Dr Gary were unfortunate enough to have been born in Nigeria the physicians would have given us 100 reasons why he can not be admitted into the medical postgraduate college because he is 'just a technician who wants to be called a consultant'. grin

Can you see their greed?

Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by MrBigiman: 3:35pm On May 28, 2018
phase1:

You are too illiterate to be taken seriously, you are just a butcher in a white coat. cheesy

Lemme make people take a laugh at your foolery. grin

The attached pics are from universities where the DMLS program in several progressive countries from US, UK, pakistan, even nearby Ghana.

You are permitted to go back to the stone age ALONE and practice medical butchery. grin

Keep making a public show of ur obvious ignorance. How does DLSC relate with the ugly MLSD you are agitating? How much research occur in Nigeria to warrant ur unholy crave. The hospital's is best manned by Lab technicians, as they, with all due respect, do everything a Scientist can do, but with much more skill and seriousness.
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by phase1: 3:39pm On May 28, 2018
MrBigiman:

Keep making a public show of ur obvious ignorance. How does DLSC relate with the ugly MLSD you are agitating? How much research occur in Nigeria to warrant ur unholy crave. The hospital's is best manned by Lab technicians, as they, with all due respect, do everything a Scientist can do, but with much more skill and seriousness.

Where is the DLSC you illiterate in white ward coat? grin

DMLS, Mls.D, DBMS are technically same thing. Even Sweden offers the course.

Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by MrBigiman: 3:42pm On May 28, 2018
phase1:

Where is the DLSC you illiterate in white ward coat? grin

DMLS, Mls.D, DBMS are technically same thing. Even Sweden offers the course.

What will I do with all these disjointed pictures u are pilfering. It doesn't negate my point.
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by Preciouzword: 3:58pm On May 28, 2018
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by phase1: 4:02pm On May 28, 2018
MrBigiman:

What will I do with all these disjointed pictures u are pilfering. It doesn't negate my point.

I'm not interested in what you'll do the litanies of facts I presented. I'm only interested in protecting Nigerians from the lies you are bent on propagating. That's all.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by MrBigiman: 5:15pm On May 28, 2018
phase1:

I'm not interested in what you'll do the litanies of facts I presented. I'm only interested in protecting Nigerians from the lies you are bent on propagating. That's all.

One day Nigerians will be free from d cluth of staph growth culture u quack propagate.
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by phase1: 6:22pm On May 28, 2018
MrBigiman:

One day Nigerians will be free from d cluth of staph growth culture u quack propagate.

The 'staph growth' debacle is perpetuated by the quack 'lab assistants' greedy physicians train in their failing clinics.
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by MrBigiman: 6:32pm On May 28, 2018
phase1:

The 'staph growth' debacle is perpetuated by the quack 'lab assistants' greedy physicians train in their failing clinics.

Physicians now train lab technicians. The lies by Johesu deepens daily. But God is for Medicine and Surgery.
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by phase1: 7:45pm On May 28, 2018
MrBigiman:

Physicians now train lab technicians. The lies by Johesu deepens daily. But God is for Medicine and Surgery.

Yes greedy physicians train quack 'nurse assistants and lab assistants' in their failing clinics to make more money. It's common knowledge.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 28, 2018
MrBigiman:
Are you OK? undecided undecided
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by MrBigiman: 10:49pm On May 28, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Are you OK? undecided undecided

Whether u are Johesu member or not, read thru my comment. Nothing I said is wrong and u know it.
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 28, 2018
MrBigiman:

Whether u are Johesu member or not, read thru my comment. Nothing I said is wrong and u know it.
It is absolutely myopic.
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by Nobody: 2:11am On May 29, 2018
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: JOHESU Strike:people Living With HIV/AIDS, 11 CSOS Petition Health, Labour Minis by Nobody: 5:15am On May 29, 2018
MrBigiman:

This guy is retarded..... it's like is hand me down brain, ur enemies gave u .....
this guy is one of the problems we have in Nigeria.
They are the ones giving blacks a bad reputation with their intellectual slave mentality to the whites.
no room for innovation or creativity in his empty skull, just a lazy ass waiting patiently for the whites to do everything and send u "expo" to copy.
Did u know that in India they practice orthodox medicine, side by side with Traditional medicine? and both are given equal status, but in the western world it is not so. Did u know that for many years Chinese traditionally medicine was not recognize as an alternative to orthodox medicine in the west? But due to how the Chinese kept on pressing with their traditionally medicine it made penetration into the western world and today some of its drugs and techniques are being prescribed by physicians in the western world as being effective.

so in light of these what stops Nigeria from being the first country to offer MLSD in the world? nothing, as long as the program offered is sufficient enough for them to get an MLSD. The difference between innovation and a lack of it, is when u fail to think outside the box. Nothing should be impossible for those u believe.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help,my Lungs Is Producing Alot Mucus / Doctor's In The House, Please Help Someone Is Dying Of Hiv / How Do You Wash Your A: S: S? Or Yansh?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.