Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,307 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria (7275 Views)

Quit Your Job: 80 Best Ideas To Starting An Online Business In Nigeria / Starting An Akube (okrika) Shoe Business / Starting An Internet Radio Station And Make Money – A Complete Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by Dpredictor(m): 4:45pm On May 21, 2018
We are getting very close to starting an online business. You should know that one of the mistakes that armature internet marketers make is “choosing a product before the audience”. This is very bad and must be corrected. Before starting an online business, there are several questions you should ask yourself.

I have given out a wonderful business idea that doesn't require stress, but these questions should guide those that want to enter other businesses.

This won’t only help you make plans, but it will position you to make decisions concerning your business very well.

Therefore, what are those questions you should ask yourself before starting an online business in Nigeria?

See them below;

Who Are My Target Audience?

Who are they? Where are they? Where can you find them? What is their demographics? What are their interests?

The moment you answer all these questions and give a proper analysis towards it, then you have accomplished the hardest part of the puzzle. Without knowing your target market, I am sorry that you won’t make much progress in your business after you have rolled it out.

Will I Sell Products Or Services?

Before starting an online business, you should know exactly what you intend to sell. You can do either, but it’s generally simpler and quicker to start with one. In a service-based business, you can start as soon as you establish the services you’re going to offer. With a product-based business, you’ll need to either produce the products first or you can sell products produced by other businesses as an affiliate.

Are You Ready To Create A Website?

Now that you know what you’re going to offer and to whom, you’ll need to create a website. You don’t have to worry about the technical difficulties of building a website. There are plenty of online step-by-step videos and tutorials that show you how to build a website. Or, if you prefer, you can outsource the job to a web developer who can do everything for you.

What Is Your Start-Up Budget?

When starting a home based business you’ll need to decide how much money you have to get your business started. Undoubtedly an online business is a cost-effective way to start but you will need some capital to get your website online and for marketing and advertising.

Where will I work from

Before you think of starting an online business, you’ll need an area in your home as your office where you can work and won’t be disrupted. If feasible try to have a business computer and not use your family computer for your business. This means you won’t have to worry about your kids needing the computer when you’re working.

Are You Ready For Social Media?

Before starting an online business, you should know that your prospective customers are hanging out on social media. Set up social media accounts for your business such as a LinkedIn page, a Facebook page for your business, and a Twitter page. You have to be on all the social media networks. Just choose the ones that are appropriate for your business.

Are You In It For The Long-Term?

You’re not going to make millions in a few weeks. All legitimate work from home businesses takes time to gather momentum, find customers and make a profit. If you’re the type of person to give up if you haven’t made loads of money in several weeks of starting then perhaps the home business world is not for you.

If you need a business that wouldn't require you asking yourself many questions, then visit the source link for more info

See source for more details

2 Likes

Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by Dpredictor(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2018
If you have questions or need mentoring, you can ask questions here and I will help you.

If you need a profitable Online Business with Guaranteed profit, You can click here to get it.

See you at the top.

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by Alejoc(m): 6:11pm On May 21, 2018
It is not a lazy mans job!

1 Like

Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by Seconsol92(m): 6:11pm On May 21, 2018
A lot of research is needed to set up an online business
Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by afrideo(m): 6:12pm On May 21, 2018
Great Write Up

1 Like

Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by slawomir: 6:13pm On May 21, 2018
ok
Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:20pm On May 21, 2018
Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by BlackHatNaija: 6:25pm On May 21, 2018
Seems people are no longer interested in online businesses.
Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by omoadeleye(m): 6:28pm On May 21, 2018
what about fees you will be charging on your items, imagine displaying a slippers worth of 1k on social media and expecting people from long distance to patronise you, kolewerk,
Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by Mizwisdom(f): 6:29pm On May 21, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4516598/police-arrests-offa-bank-robbers

Can we take a moment to cheer our police force for this laudable act

Orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 21, 2018
Hmmn, nice list.

If you want to easily accomplish what OP narrated, then Start Bulk SMS Business.

Our Bulk SMS Reseller Package features the following:

Development Duration: 5 Business Days
Regular Buying Rate: 73 Kobo per SMS Unit
Bundled SMS Units: 10,000
Domain Registration: .com Domain
Web Hosting: Available
Responsive Bulk SMS Website: Available
24/7 Reseller Support: Available
Recharge Vouchers: Available
SMS Gateway API: Available
Mobile Application: Available (Branded App)
Desktop Application: Available (Branded App)
Online Payment System: Available
Automated Service Delivery: Available
Unlimited Resellers: Available
Search Engine Optimization: Available
Search Engine Submission: Available
Free Website Upgrade: Available
DND Delivery with Sender ID: Available
Payment By Instalment: Available (2 Instalments)

Check My Signature to Get Yours and Start Profiting...

1 Like

Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by TamunoRichard(m): 6:49pm On May 21, 2018
on point
Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by Brandler: 9:04pm On May 21, 2018
yea
Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by debokaz(m): 10:09pm On May 21, 2018
I have a very interesting website,www.askafrika.net,How can I advertise it.
Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by FirstClassGrad: 12:43am On May 22, 2018
Okay
Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by emperorblog(m): 7:39am On May 22, 2018
debokaz:
I have a very interesting website,www.askafrika.net,How can I advertise it.

run a facebook ads or chat me privately ket me guide u
Re: 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Online Business In Nigeria by emperorblog(m): 7:40am On May 22, 2018
contact me for your WEB DESIGN CHECK MA SIGNATURE FOR CONTACT

(1) (Reply)

How BUA Shortchanges FG Billions In Sugar Imports - Arewa Reporters / Starting A Magazine - Is Print Media License Required ??? / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Interviewed On ABN Digital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.