Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,941 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Melina - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Melina (28861 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Melina by derachokolate(m): 10:31pm On May 21, 2018
Hello guys, I have popped with a cool story that you wouldnt want to miss, stay tuned and follow up.
Thank you!!!!

MELINA
episode 1

I just got admitted into the college, being a law student is awfully hectic, keeping up with wearing white and black every day of the week is somehow annoying and passing an eye of a niddle to keep it clean.

Gss lectures and it's wahala, I wake up every day at 4am except on Saturdays to make sure I attend gss classes. I have not really had time to explore around the school,trying to secure an apartment at somewhere near the school gate had limited my time to start school and that's how the knowledge of my vacinity was limited, I spent time trying to cover up and complete notes.

Ebuka, my friend from enugu, he has been in this school for a long time than I have, he is in his third year while I just started, he knows much about here than I do, but I have not really sat with him to gist so that he will tell me the do's and the don'ts so that I don't go against me and land myself on what I will actually regret.

Things were moving slowly and steady, my hectic classes and my annoying course mates, oh!! I hate dumb fellows, I had lotta them in my classes, at most times I feel that I am not supposed to be in class with people I drop 5 IQ points anytime am around them.. It sucks..

I was the odd one in the class, I move alone and I don't talk to anyone till I spotted Henry who behaves just like I do with other people.

"Hey "
I said to him on a Monday morning, I came to school a bit late and I was rushing to make sure I don't miss the class, I saw him sitting in front of the class room.

"Hi"
He replied nonchalantly not even pulling a smiling face, maybe he is a rude type I thought, but I still pushed, I need a friend in the department and he is qualified for it.

"Whatsup, is the class not holding? "
I asked, doubting that he'd reply.

"The class is holding but the lecturer had said no one is entering the class "
He stated out but still a looking mean. Mean and face down on his phone, more like I am disturbing him.

"Ohh!!
"After I had run down to here hoping to meet up "
I stated bitterly hoping to get a sympathetic reply from him but I got a dead silence, but I still pushed..

"I am Gabriel
"What about you.
I asked pulling a handshake and expecting the worst to come from the almighty rude snub.

"I am Henry
He replied and shaking my hands and looking down to his phone, looking so engrossed in it.

"Um!
I broke the silence he created, he looked away from the phone and feasted his gaze on me, showing the facial expression of "what!? "

"Are you this rude type that don't make friends? " I managed to let out.
That was the time he let out a smile, his smile is heavenly, even though he is Not that handsome, but he has got the smile as a killer point.

"Well! Not like I don't make friends but I don't really enjoy staying with people with lower IQ, I loath dumb people, they disgust me, that's why I don't really talk with this course mate of ours, they act dumb, I have been observing you, you don't talk with them too, what ever your reasons could be, but that's why I don't really associate, till any of them proves me wrong. "
I watched his lips move as he splits the words,now I know I have got a partner.

I let out a chuckle before I spoke up
"That's exactly why I don't associate with them too, I have noticed you too that's why I really wanted to get close "

"Ohh, dumb ass!!
He said out loud with a sarcastic laughter.

"We are good man?.
I asked, praying that he doesn't turn down the friendship offer.

"Yes we are!!
He said, standing up and letting a side nigga hug.

We exchanged numbers and kept on discussing, we were not only discussing but laughing, trying to know each other a little before the class got to an end.

We started being together, going to classes together and reading together, then on a faithful day I got into a fierce scene with an unimaginable and lion like female.

written by Chiderachokolate
©oracle

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Melina by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 22, 2018
following.

1 Like

Re: Melina by izaray(f): 2:23pm On May 22, 2018
Following

1 Like

Re: Melina by ashatoda: 11:11pm On May 22, 2018
oya now where you dey

1 Like

Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 6:51am On May 23, 2018

MELINA

Episode 2

"Are you mad??"

She sounded terror, more like a thunder storm ,I could see every strand of her hair standing , she had catapulted to her rage , and she successfully dragged the attention of every student in the walk way to us .

"I am sorry "

I managed to say after being freaked out ,I tried so hard to sound sympathetic,trying to fix the emotions in between the words .

"Shut the Bleep up!!"

She resounded, more fierce this time and coming close .

"How dare you ?"
"Do you know how much this shoes cost ?"

She stated , pointing down to her shoes .

"Look at this poor thing "

She said to her clique, pointing her hands on me as I lost every bit of manhood .

I felt embarrassed, I wished i was walking with Henry ,he is a misogynist ,he wouldn't tolerate such scene from a girl .

Thoughts had started flowing in and out , I had regretted why I even had to take the walk way .

Every body who had been on watch didn't interfere , instead they were given me signs that I should apologize and keep quite .

"I am really sorry ,I didn't mean to step on you ,people were much and I was trying my best not to step on anyone "

I honestly stated .

"Babes leave the poor boy ,you can see that he doesn't have a thing to offer ,he is not worth your shouts "

One of the three-woman clique said with a big sigh , that's the shortest of them .

"Yes ,Christie is right , Mels just allow the idiot go ,he looks new and doesn't have a clue of who we are"

The fair one amongst them stated.

I don't really know who they are ,but I swear ,I don't really wanna meet them again ,they are arrogant ,proud and intimidating, people around showed that , the clique is well known and as well ,fears in the school premises , they might be the college's notorious three.

I was on thoughts when she broke in

" I will allow you get away with your dirty foot , you low life idiot , you seem not to know us , next time you have to look at faces before stepping your dirty foot on them !!"

She shouted and left with her excorts .

I was just standing like a statue with teary eyes , when I felt a hand on my shoulder .

And that was Henry

"Bro.
I managed to say .

"Gab.
"What's up ?

He asked looking confused and worried at why my face was like that .

"We need to talk .
I said as I shifted him to the next pillar .

" A girl Just assaulted me because I stepped on her shoes …"

I paused before I continued .

"She even called me a lowlife and mocked my poor ass ".

"And you let her get away with it ?"

Henry asked looking surprised, and wanting to hit me for not being a man .

" I just had to , I don't want troubles , and with the kinda intimidation I saw in their eyes ,I sure don't want to encounter them again in this school "

I said out carefully , counting my words , and fixing every bit of honesty in em.

"Them?
"How many are they ?

Henry asked , fisting his hands in his arms , with this "I will get them " look on his face .

"They are three of them "
I said out faintly

"urghh!! I wish I can just set my eyes on them right now "
He shouted with a grin ,hitting the wall.

I urged him to forget about them ,it was pretty hard but I tried my best to convince him that it's my case and that I have decided to let it slide.

After much talk, he gave up with a fast "okay" and we moved for the next class .

In the history class , I couldn't listen to the boring lecturer that was cold-talking on the Nigerian civil war .

The events of the day repeatedly played on my head , the thoughts of who they are , and what gives them such moral , but I wished i never meet them again .

"Tomorrow's Friday and the fresher's bonfire night , all should be masked according to stickers around the school "

Our class rep stated out in the class as the lecturer left .

"Are you coming ?"

Henry asked from my right side .

"Yaya sure"

Written by Chidera chokolate

©Oracle

2 Likes

Re: Melina by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 24, 2018
Thanks for the update. God bless.
Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 9:14pm On May 25, 2018
Read and enjoy.

MELINA

Episode 3

I and Henry went to shop masks and get ready for the bonfire night , I have set the clothes I will wear , a black top and a black trousers , I am to fetch a black mask and lock it up with a black shoe , I want to appear Halloween to celebrate bonfire .

I ended up getting a bat man face while Henry got the joker's mask , things are costly here though , how would they sell a mask of 100 naira at the rate of 500 naira ?.

From there we went down to the closest pastry shop to have lunch .

"So tell me Henry , have you had a girl friend before ?"
I asked as I took a bite from my donut .

"Ermmm...I have never had any"
He said , taking bites after bites .

Surprised, I started recalling , that he had never mentioned about any girl , and I can vividly remember what happened between him and Susan .

Susan had wanted to greet him as a course mate , but he left her hand hanging , rudely snubbing her for the next handshake that was coming from Hilary .

I was surprised, but I had decided not to talk about it till this day .

"So you have never had a girl , even a girl that dashed you crayons ?"
I asked , trying to sound funny .

He let out a chuckle before he cleared his throat .

" I wasn't born like this naturally, because of my sister , I don't like girls , they disgust me , they are low humans, they don't think straight , they are just drama queens whose brains can be compared to rhezus monkeys , get near them and your IQ points are dropping "

He stated with all atom of seriousness.

"What about your mom?"

I smiled and asked , awaiting the best answer of the century .

"My mom is not a woman , she is different from what I see outside , sometimes I wonder if she was of this earth "

He stated .

"Please don't make me laugh....

I said , laughing already , before throwing another question.

"so what's up with your sister?"

"Yes , Lillian, she is among the reasons I loath on girls, she slept with a man on my parents matrimonial bed, my dad had no option but to disown her , I am the only son though and currently the only child "..he said as he took the last bite .

" Ohh! No wonder you did that to Susan without any rethink . And the girls drama too ., Now I get why you don't talk to girls ,shaa one day a girl will break those boundaries"

I said , with hope avoiding to ask more about Lillian .

"Till then , If it will ever happen "

He said , with a sigh , I thought he was going to return the question but he didn't , maybe girls talk don't interest him , or maybe it reminds him of his sister, so I let it be .

We cleared our table and arranged to meet at school gate by 7pm to go for the bonfire night , then we parted to our separate ways.

At some minutes to 7, I was dressed, I went close to the mirror , looked at it and put on my mask to see how it goes , and yes perfect !, Bat man in the making , I put out my phone to call Henry to be sure he is done .

I walked down the school gate, holding my mask on my hand while waiting for Henry, students were passing in different costumes and different masks style, till Henry pulled up.

"dude you ain't time conscious "
I said with a smile, slapping his back head.

"sorry bro, traffic got me this time "
He apologized.

We started walking down to the school square, on reaching, we could here music and a heap of firewoods set ablaze in the middle of dancing overjoyed freshers.

We weren't settled when Hilary handed us red cups with the statement "the nerds are here "

"Hills what's up? "
I threw up at him

"am cool bro.
"never thought you and Henry honour school parties, I am really surprised and happy to see you guys here "
He said, making us feel fly.

"well we are here, to catch fun "
Henry cut with a big smile.

"let the fun begin! "
Hillary finalized and loosed the bottle of champagne that he was holding.

We walked around the arena, gisting and laughing at people, some attires were really funny, it was obvious that some students were dumb, when it comes to dressing, some were even making out in public, the new lovers, it was fun till I had set my eyes on them again.

I became uncomfortable.
I didn't still mind as my mask got me covered, everyboy was trying to talk to them and they had been declining with insults, and making fun of any boy that comes near them, I decided to let my mind off them and catch fun.

We played games, the three of us, Hillary had become our friend, he is our stupid friend, he acts like a clown, and we enjoyed every bit of him, he started being smarter when he started moving with us.

But hills is a player, a very big flirt, changing girls has never being a thing with him, but when he is with us, he acknowledges Henry's presence, no girl comes around.

We played the monopoly, and the words game, we were still on the game when a tiny soothing voice cut us short.

"can I join the game? "

We all paused and watched towards the direction, to notice a masked well shaped goddess standing right in front us , by the voice, we recognized her to be Susan.

"well you can't "
Henry stated harsh and blunt.

I felt for the girl , I could feel her pain, what if it turns out to be that she likes Henry, she doesn't know what she was falling for.

"okay...
She said out faintly, sounding embarrassed and rejected.

I couldn't call her back as it was going to bring up issues I don't want between me and Henry so I decided to allow it slide, but I was tempted to.

We continued with our games, we played till we got exhausted with laughter, and we all headed to our various house to get prepared for classes the next day.

Written by chidera chokolate
©oracle.

2 Likes

Re: Melina by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 26, 2018
I love Henry. My opinion. Thanks for the update.
Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 11:41am On May 28, 2018
MELINA
Episode 4

My phone rang after the stress of the day and it was my mum .

"Mom what's it?"
I screamed as I could hear her cry , she was sounding like someone was dead but I wished i assumed on falsehood.

"Your father .....your father "

"My father what?"....I said quickly as every atom of patience in me had disappeared.

Before I could spell "what" she had hung , i became worried , and I called Henry asap .

"Henry ...I need to travel right now ,my mum just called and she ain't sounding nice ,please cover up for me , when I am back I will tell you everything, and how it went ...thank you ." I rapd it all up without allowing him say a thing , I hung , gathered few clothes and took the night bus .

As I was sitting in the bus , I was thinking and over thinking .
"Could it be that dad is dead !?
"What about my education?

I tried my mom line again and it was switched off .

When I got home , no one was at home except Linda .

Linda is the daughter of my late aunty , she has been staying with us since when her mother died and her daddy married another .

"Linda what's happening!"
I asked as I rushed into the compound like someone who was being chased .

"Broda!, Your dad had an accident with his bike as he was coming back from market , he has Being taken to the general hospital beside the market square "...she said with tears .

"Okay ...keep my bag let me rush , don't cry yet , papa will be okay , I assured her with a shattered heart .."

I ran towards the east direction of the town ,as I approached the hospital , I could hear my mum's crying voice , immediately I opened the gate , momma rushed towards me .

"Two million naira ,my son , two million,where will I get that type of money , will I steal? , what will I do !...." She lamented bitterly as she fell on me .

"Mama don't worry, she will be fine "
I tried so hard to console her ,hiding my own emotions .

"Where is the doctor in charge ?"
I asked ,as the nurse looking at our emotional scene led me to the room ,my dad was admitted .

When I met the doctor ,he took me to his office , so we could talk .

"My son , your dad's leg is seriously damaged , we have saved his life but he has to undergo a surgery before he can be on his feet again , here is the x-ray.......

He handed me a black cabon with a white smoked figures on it , before he continued .

"...... To get that leg straight and strong again we will need the sum of two million naira , or else he will be on wheel chair till he leaves this world " ...

I was dumbfounded, what to say wasn't there , I wanted to say something but I ended up closing my mouth after opening it.

"But he is alive ?"
I managed to ask , a question the facial expression on the doctor's face showed "unexpected" and "unbelievable".

"Yes , just that he won't be able to walk "

"Does the surgery have a limited time that it can't work out again ?"....I asked with a low tone .

"Yes , at the expiration of two years , you can't do a thing again ." The doctor stated with pity .

"But I can be paying in installments? Maybe a hundred thousand a month when I pay up to half of the money , you can start ?".....I asked with hope , but how do I even get a hundred thousand to pay every month ,I don't even own a job , and I was not prepared to tell anyone about it , not even henry .

"Boy....we don't run it like that , but out of impulse , I feel I should help you , so I can allow you do it that way " ......he said with a lil smile .

"Thank you sir , I appreciate"
I said standing up and giving a handshake with my cold vibrating hand .
" I am Gabriel .

"You are welcome
"Doctor John .
He said as he shook my hands .

I left the office to my mom , and explained to her what the doctor said , I told her I was going to get a part time job ,at the end of the month we add it up together on a 70:30 ratio and pay .

After two days , we got dad home ,mom had gotten a wheel chair for him , he has to stop work , and the source of my education funding is limited and the only option is to get a part time to cover up .

When I got back to school the next week , I went to Henry's house to check on notes , assessments and assignments.

"Bro what's up , what happened ?"
Henry asked without allowing me sit down .

"Nothing really , she was bitten by a scorpion in the farm , you know women , they are good at this drama ish ..."
I managed to lie , struggling so hard with my face not to show it .

"Lol , momma's are funny" ...he said laughing .

"That's it bro ".....I replied with a short laugh that was not coming from my heart .

"What's up with school ?"
I asked ,trying to swerve the topic .

©Oracle

2 Likes

Re: Melina by izaray(f): 12:05pm On May 28, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: Melina by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 28, 2018
Thanks for the update. Keep it rolling.
Re: Melina by marychommy(f): 5:17am On May 30, 2018
I hate it wen one can't open up to his or her friend. why lying abt ur daddy's predicaments. pls update soon
Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 9:16pm On May 30, 2018
MELINA
Episode 5

Exams is on Monday , I have been unable to cover everything that was taught through out the semester , combining work and school had been a great task to deal with , being a pastry shop server has never been what I opt for ,but I kept on doing it for the sake of my father .

I had been going for night classes to cover up the lapses, Henry has been of great help whenever am at work place , he never liked the idea of me getting a work in first year but I convinced him to it , with the excuse that I need to help my parents pay for my apartment.

★★★

"023!!"
"I am here sir"
The invigilator said as he pointed at a sit that is after the first row.

I sat down , and after 15minutes the exams kicked , logic has been a hard course to crack , we were writing,the hall quite , not until the door was left ajar and a girl with a blonde hair walked in, chewing gum and showing off .

I could remember her , Mels .
"But does she take this course? , I havent seen her in any of the classes though " ...i said amidst my thoughts.

"My friend are you for this exams ?"....The invigilator questioned as she stood still .

"Yes sir .." she replied , throwing the gum from the window .

"Why are you coming by this time ,this is exams started by 10 am ,what's the time by your watch ?" ....the invigilator questioned so mean .

"Sir I couldn't make it to school on time, traffic has been hell " ....she replied.. for the first time I am seeing her act like a human being, could it be that her stubbornness is limited to students?

"Melina promise, I warn you, don't ever come late to the exams hall again, I might allow you write this one but I won't if it happens again " .... the invigilator stated strictly.

"Okay sir"
She replied with a good manner, wow heaven is real.

The invigilator pointed towards the vacant sit adjacent to mine after giving her the answer booklets and the question paper , instructing her to come and sit there.

"How dare you look at me like that you son of a bitch"......she shouted at a boy that I think wanted to take a glance at her.

Just few minutes she was cool to the invigilator, and then she has turn lion within a blink , I really didn't understand such bipolar.

"You have thirty minutes left to submit "
The coarce voice of the bald head old man of an invigilator broke the pen to paper noise of the hall.

I looked at her and she is yet to write a thing, I had completed mine skipping number five which seemed so hard to knot.

"15mins more " ...the voice came again.

She is not writing yet, I won't forgive myself if I allow her carry over this course, but the willingness to help was being weighed down by the thoughts of my first encounter with her, and who knows she might act same in the hall, she is all round bitchy.

I was scared but the "10minutes more " from the lecturer pushed me to talking to her.

"Hey. ...you have not written a thing and we will go in few minutes, mind if I help? , I know you are good at shouting at boys buy just allow me help you" .....i spoke under my nose making sure the invigilator doesn't hear me.

" can you mind your business ? , if I fail, how does it affect your poor life? " .....she replied harshly, a little bit up in her voice.

"Two of you should stand up ".....thats the voice of the invigilator.

We stood quietly.

"What are you people discussing about? "...he asked.

"Sir.... "
She began, immediately she spoke, my heart sank, I was expecting the worst.
"He begged for my pen, he said his own has issues, and I said he shouldn't disturb me in the exam hall ".
She coined it out.

I was shocked, I never expected that.

"Ohhhhh, why not tell me instead of disturbing her? Gabriel? " ...the invigilator said before he brought a pen from his pocket and
"Take this pen, you two should sit down "...he said, handing me the pen ".

We sat back.

" thank your goddamn Ass, I don't know the force that pushed me to saving your stupid Ass "....she muttered

" Thank you, that was a surprise package, but will you allow me return the favour? " ....i asked with a chuckle and swapping her paper without permission.

" are you mad? ".....she asked looking at me like I stole her money.

" I am not mad, just keep being cool for the next five minutes please, so he won't send us out. ".... I managed to say Slowly.

"Okay, I can only add ten minutes more! You guys should take your time " ...the invigilator stated, after many students had pleaded for extra time.

Before the expiration of ten minutes I was able to get half of her work done, and gave her the booklet back as the invigilator stared collecting.

she said she didn't say a thing, she just kept mute and submitted before she let out a silent thank you and walked out.

"you exchanged papers with her inside the hall, I was watching you both , is that your new crush? "
Henry asked?

"Nope bro, she didn't write a thing so I helped her"..
I stated

" I guess she is not in our department, don't you notice we were much? , their department offers same course with ours "...henry said.

" do you know the girl at the walk way?, she is the one " ... I spoke with a smile.

"What!!!?, are you mad??, why would you do that "...henry fired at me with an angry face, his anger was well expressed this time.

©oracle.

2 Likes

Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 6:45am On Jun 01, 2018

MELINA 

Episode 6

Exams just ended today, I just came out of the hall, trying to catch up with work, was among the first set of people to leave the hall and I was already late for work, so I had to move fast.

Henry earlier had said he will be travelling in two days, so I would meet him the next day against his traveling day,  I am not traveling because of work,  it's two months now,  and I had been sending their thousand Naira to my mom and saving 20 for myself,  no one needs to tell me that I have my apartment rent to pay and my school debts to clear,  food has been no problem since I eat free at work. 

Life is so cruel. 

"Hey "

I heard this slim familiar voice as someone tapped my back. 

"Susan Whatsup, smart girl, you left the hall early too? " ..... I said with a friendly smile. 

" yes yes, please can you do me a favour? "..she asked with this pitiful face,  and sure I wouldn't wanna deny her what she wants this time seeing such face. 

"Okay,  what's it? " 

" I don't know but I seem to like Henry, but he hates me so much,  and I am not okay about it " ....

"Lol, you don't have to worry so much,  he doesn't hate you,  he has this bad shits with women, and he hates every woman except his mom "....i tried comforting her. 

"So he doesn't have a sister? Or what?,  I have cried bitterly about it each time he embarrasses or snubs me "....

"Sorry love, ".... I said avoiding to let the sisters story out of the bag. 

"Can you help me talk to him or can you give me his number? ".....she pleaded me. 

" I am sorry,  I can't,  you don't really know the problem this will create amongst us,  I can only try to talk to him, but giving you his number is as good as impossible "..... I said bitterly. 

I could see her face react to disappointment but I can't stand having issues with someone that is like a brother to me because of a girl he seems not to pick interest on. 

"Sorry Susan I gotta go, are you traveling? "

" yes I should, no peoplem Gabriel,  I will keep hitting " ..she replied with a sigh of relief. 

" okay, take care of you "... I managed to say before dashing to the road. 

The next day,  I tried my best to meet up with Henry before he travels, when I got to his house he was packing and arranging his room, so I had to play a helpful brother. 

" have you bid your girlfriend Susan good bye? "...  I said teasingly, trying to bring up the discussion .

" why will you say that? " ...he fired back at me " I sure don't like this joke " ..he stated bluntly. 

"Stop being so uptight brother,  something in me tells me that you guys will click, it's just a matter of time,  you don't have to use because of what your sister did and label everyone same "... I said, sounding serious a bit. 

"Just let me be like this,  you don't know the pain of what my sister did " ..he added after letting out a sarcastic laugh. 

"I know how you feel man,  but you gotta let nature change that mindset " .... I pressed back 

"It's okay, just let this slide,  I know she is beautiful and all of that but.... " he ended up shaking his head "let it slide now "..

" okay bro " .... I said. 

He admitted she is beautiful which shows that he likes her but what the sister has done has eaten so deep in him that he doesn't hate girls that much but afraid of what they can do. 

"What were you guys talking about " ...comes the voice of Hills. 

Hills is from this town and he is travelling to no where. 

" you dumbass, I thought you wouldn't show up " ...Henry questioned him shading the question off. 

" why won't I, when someone like you is leaving town,  I have to stay with you throughout today and escort you to park tomorrow, you sure know I will miss you, Susan's package  " ... he said laughing...

" you are a clown " ... I said as I couldnt control the laughter "but wait, Susan's package, how? ".... I asked surprised. 

The look on Henry's face wasn't it, he sure needs an explanation. 

" I have been standing at the door, eavesdropping to the convo going on before I opened the door,  I sure heard when he admitted she is beautiful,  Shaa don't worry brothers secret " ...he said,  laughing amidst words. 

I was now enjoying the scene and expecting henry to say something. 

" stop hills, just allow it slide, that was a slip of tongue " .....henry said and bent to start putting his clothes in the box. 

We stayed,  gisted and laughed, ate the remaining provisions that Henry has in his cupboard claiming that it will spoil before he comes back. 

The first day in school, after a long holiday, work has not being easy throughout the holidays,   but I have been able to save up a little cash, I have not being able to meet hills because as school was closed, my boss demanded I work full time,  he allowed me work part-time and still paid me a full-time payment. 

I had told him my predicament though. 

Henry was not back yet and hills who I had called earlier promised to be in school but he has being complaining about traffic. 

I was sitting at the walk way,  waiting for hills when the blonde girl showed up,  this time she was walking alone and I had time to look at her. 

Beautiful she is, her half white eyes appears to be more sexy on a normal than when she is in her lionlike state, he nose beautifully pointed, her dark comexioned silky skin, her wafer thing body and her decanter shaped waist, and this catty walking step. 

"Hey, the guy at the exam hall right?" She broke my thoughts, what I never expected was she talking to me. 

"Yes,  I am Gabriel though ".. I managed to say, trying to be comfortable. 

" I am MELINA" she said with a smile,  letting out her hand to shake me. 

Indeed she has this killer smile I must confess.

" I can call you Lina? , will you permit me to? "... I humbly asked 

" you will be the only person calling me that, my friends calls me Mels for short,  but the Lina is sounding cool,  thank you for the monika" ... she said , letting out that cute smile again. 

" why don't you sit? " .... I requested 

" sorry,  I wish I can but,  I am really rushing to catch up with my friends,  but what about having lunch someday with you?  Please? ".... she asked. 

" okay,  no problem then ".... I said with a smile. 

" let me take your  number,  I will give you a call " she said before leaving .

©oracle

2 Likes

Re: Melina by izaray(f): 10:27am On Jun 01, 2018
Thanks for the update, all i'm seeing is love wink
Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
This is another episode,  we have reached to the point I should be introducing other main characters POVs.

Maybe you have not read a story of different POVs. 

POV means point of view,  like I have been writing on Gabriel's POV,  so I will be introducing MELINA's POV,  Henry's and Hillary's... 

Henry and Hillary's POVs will be shorts and surmarised but MELINA's will be detailed and long,  because she is the antagonist or the second character. 

I just hope you enjoy it. 

MELINA 

Episode 7

"hey bro!!  " 

" I am back to school you dumb ass just get your Ass here, fetch Hills too " ..

"welcome back bro,  I will be on my away asap,  just hope there is chocolates for the boys ".... I replied excitedly. 

when I got to Henry's house , I met him offloading,  I am always there before Hills who takes his time to prepare to please the ladies,  I have started my part time work immediately school just started and I was off for the afternoon. 

"How are you bro"

I asked after the long "welcome back " hug. 

" I am all good....God you are getting fat,  what's the secret,  please tell me so I can add it in my to-do list " ....he teased. 

" you should be the one I should be asking that .....you mofo!! " ... I teased back. 

We were discussing about the holiday,  throwing up and down clothes and jumping on the bed,  I had missed the play, not too long,  the door went ajar and Hills walks in like a newly admitted idiot. 

" you both haven't grown up yet " ...he asked laughing and pointing at us. 

" look at this matured baby, come give me a hug bro, I have missed you" .... Henry replied as I was busy laughing .

I wanted to tell them about me and Lina ,  but the fear of Henry's reaction Didn't allow me to, I remembered his reaction during the exams time,  I don't want that again so I kept it to me and me alone. 

" I met Susan on my way here and she asks asked of you "... Hills cuts the both of us off by surprise. 

"What did you just say? "...i asked pretending not to hear,  so that he will repeat what he said. 

" you both heard me right,  I think Henry did,  if he did,  then there is no need repeating myself "..... he said,  as I turned to look at Henry who has this red face already. 

" will you not tell me about that silly girl in this life again or I will be tempted to kick you out of my house "..... Henry threatened. 

Hills let out a big laugh which surprised we both,  before he said something. 

" okay bro, you are just refusing to accept what is there "...

Henry's POV..... 

When Hills spoke about Susan,  I wasn't angry,  I just didn't want to have a thing with girls after what my sister has done,  I have encountered Susan so many times and she has been a conviction but I don't need my sister in my life. 

Outside the fact that she slept with  some guy on my parents matrimonial bed,  but she has been jumping on every dick she meets and I took that to be how every girl behaves. 

I have been low key, watching and monitoring Susan, she is smart and I don't see her with boys outside the "hey" " hy", to her I am her worst enemy but I know I have been a secret stalker. 

I just couldn't allow her so easily,  what if she has just been covering up, I better keep being rude and get rid of nonsense. 

Gabriels POV cont.... 

When Hills made that statement, the reaction Henry gave to it wasn't what I expected,  he just silenced it off,  I know he was in thoughts but I just overlooked the whole drama. 

" so you are kicking off school tomorrow " .. I asked Henry trying to change the topic. 

" Yaya,  you guys should tell me how boring school has been without me? " ...he said covering up his face with a fake smile,  he just wanted us to get rid of the topic. 

" school has been Cool,  just that hills has been a hot flirt this days,  and the lecturers are becoming more annoying,  and oh yes!!  Your dumb coursemates and their low dramas,  imagine your class two couldn't spell "IMAGINATION " ....."  I explained laughing 

" you must be a clown for including me in this story, by the way flirts are smart people " ....Hills defended himself. 

" LMFAO you both are just stupid, well tomorrow  let's rock it down there" ... Henry said. 

" and guess what?! "...he added 

" you know how bad am at guessing?  , and you know Hills is bad at guessing too , so tell us  " ... I said with a chuckle. 

" nothing big,  I got us chocolates ".... he said laughing at our high hopes.. 

"Bleep you bro!!!!!? " ...Hills couldn't hold his laughter again. 

" that's foul language " ... Henry replied, bringing out the chocolates. 

" son of a bitch,  get it here " ...Hills snatched it. 

He likes chocolates above all. 

When I got home, I have been thinking on wether to open up to my friends,  about me and Mels or to just keep quite till everything falls in place , I know that Henry really hates her but I am seeing my self falling for her,she talked to  me,  she collected,  the way she talked and her smiles showed positive vibes,  just then one thought came " she has not called yet " , what if she never really meant that day?  

Just then my phone light popped and my phone cried. 

A strange number and I picked up. 

" hello " ... I said gently awaiting introduction. 

" hello, I am speaking with Gabriel right? "

" yes You are " 

" okay,  it's Lina, sorry I didn't call since then"

"Ohh!  , Lina,  how are you? " 

My mind flipped,  she called her self Lina.

" I have been okay,  we can have lunch tomorrow please? "

"Erm, okay,  what about you  choose  a venue?

" Erm okay show up let's take ice-cream at the ice-cream hut,  1pm."

" okay I will be there " ... I  Assured her

©oracle

3 Likes

Re: Melina by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2018
Henry go bow at last. Thanks for update. God bless.
Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 6:41am On Jun 06, 2018

MELINA 

Episode 8

I was supposed to leave work at 12pm , but my replacement wasnt at work on time , she came at 15minutes to 1pm , before I had to go home to prepare , I knew I was going to be late , but I tried to be fast so I can catch up , with hope that she is not gonna come early based on her Calibre .

At exactly 1pm , I had her call , she was sitting there already .

" Hello gabriel  whatsup?"...her sweet voice went on air just as I was about to put on my shoes.

"Lina , are you there ?"....I asked expecting her to give a negative answer .

"I have been here since 10minutes to 1pm though , where are you ?" ...she surpried me ,  I believed the school notorious Melina will fix a date with me and be there earlier before time .

" The lecturer didn't finish class on time , so I was delayed , I am sorry , I am on my way though , I should be there before the expiration of five minutes , don't be angry "...I stated .

"Okay , take your time "

I huriiedly left the house to the ice cream hut , when I got there , she was in a fine tight blue gown , she dressed like a goddess , it was obvious she dressed to impress , but she really impressed , her dress showed her amazing body curves , her makeup was peferct , I have never seen her this beautifully made up before .

"Hey" ...She broke my thoughts with her breath taking voice .

"I know am a bad person , but I can explain , sorry for standing you up a lil , the lecturer....."

"Don't worry Gabriel , the good thing is that you are here now , sit let's take ice cream and talk , you are welcome " ...she cuts me amidst my words .

"But why the sudden change of attitude", I kept on asking my self , I was not even sure if she remembered I was the guy at the walk way ," maybe she doesn't know  ".

" So what do you take , I asked her ?"...I had carried small money .

"You don't have to get something for me , I brought us out so keep calm and allow me handle my date " ...she said smiling .

"So what do you take " ... She asked , I can read her lips and imagine it on mine , I imagined how soft it would be , and then I come to my senses .

"Erm any chocolate ice cream, I will take "... I managed to say .

"I like chocolate ice creams too , we have something in common I think "...she said as she stood up to go get us ice cream .

As she was walking to get the ice cream, I took my time to take a good look at her , and ohh she is very beautiful, her catty walking steps , everything about her was amazing , I never believed I will have a girlfriend real soon, and I never imagined falling for someone I had a bad encounter with in the first meeting .

"So tell me , about you? "..she asked starting a conversation.

"Well there is nothing interesting about my life , I am just a normal student , I am 19 though , I do civil law and I have just two friends here , I seldom relate with people , people are dumb shaa ..." I explained avoiding saying about my family and my father .

"What about your parents and siblings ?"...she asked, the question I was praying she doesn't ask .

" they are fine , they are just civil servants working hard to get their only son through school " .....I said before moving on o ask questions so that she doesn't ask further questions.

"So tell me about you ?" ...I asked 

" I am Lina , I think that sounds good , even though it's better when it is coming from you, I am 18, I am here for history and international relationship, I have two female friends , I am naturally  rude but my hatred for boys grew for some reason shaa  , boys are wicked though ,and I don't relate with people much because I feel we ain't in same class "....she stated smiling .

"For some reason ?" ...I asked with curiosity.

"Yes , I have had a boyfriend but he never loved me , he had the guts to bring a girl to the house I rented for him , I helped him get a job through my father's connection and he paid me back with sleeping with a low class girl , since then , I have this believe that boys are ungrateful".....she stated bitterly .

"So that's why you acted like that towards me at the walk way the day I stepped on you ?"..I asked smiling , the look on her face showed she doesn't remember.

" Wait , you were the guy I and my friends assulted at the walk way ?' ..she asked , her face on the ground , I could see her face defining remorse .

"Gabriel I am sorry , please forgive me , I am really sorry , I don't have anything to explain but I am really sorry ".... She pleased holding my hands .

I was melted by the softness of her palms 

"I am over it already , don't worry  lina , we are cool " ...I said , trying to make her smile .

"So tell me about your parents and siblings "... I asked trying to swerve the emotional drama .

"They are fine , my dad is senator though , so he doesn't say here with us , he stays at some senate arena at the federal senate base ,my mom owns the famous casino center in town , and I am equally the only surviving child after I lost my senior sister last year "....she said .

"Sorry for your lost " ....I said, sounding sympathetic.

We spoke about school , we spoke at length laughed at every joke , acted like we knew for ages .

We left the lunch place at 3pm , I was escoting to pick a taxi when she stopped at the car pack , and pressed a remote for a blues porshe .

"Is that your mom's car ? " ..I asked as I was surprised to see the car I always see in television.

"Nope it's mine , get in let me drop you please "...she replied smiling.

" Nope ,I can find my way from here " ..I said , avoiding to show how timid I was .

"Please Gabriel , this is a favour , will you turn me down ?..."  She pleaded .

"Okay" ... I agreed reaching for the door that I had difficulty with opening, but I still opened it against my timidity .

She drove , we didn't talk much in the car as I was just giving her directions, she stopped  me in front of my house , I managed to say a fainty " take care of yourself, bye" before I alighted.

She didn't reply as she was just watching me .

When I got to my apartment, I found Henry and Hillary playing games with my Xbox , when I entered .

"Where were you since dude ?" Henry asked

"He had a date , I guess , what will take him out in this afternoon that he's no lectures and no work " .... Hills added laughing .

They both didn't turn as their gaze was fixed on the television.

"Well Hills is right , I had a date with someone you people don't want to hear "...I said 

" Who!" .. two of them said together facing me and leaving the game .

"Erm Melina"...I said under my breath .

"What!!!!! That girl , that girl that is rude on boys on campus , please how did it happen , which charm did you use , who suggested the date " .... Hills who was oblivious about my encounter with her asked surprised.

" You are insane " ...Henry said and turned back to the game .

©Oracle

2 Likes

Re: Melina by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
Great updates. Thanks a lot. Keep it up.
Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 2:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
MELINA
Episode 9

MELINA'S POV

Since the day he forcefully helped me on the exam Hall , he has been messing with my mind , I have been thinking of him , my pride didn't allow me talk much on that day , but sure I was wishing I could see him another day , who cares about being desperate?, Not until I saw him at the walk way .

I was happy that atlast I met him again , we spoke and I collected the number and requested for lunch , I have never done all this for a guy except Isaac .

Isaac my ex who cheated on me with Sandra , I had loved Isaac the way I could ever love someone, I had rented him a house , paid his bills , kept food on his table , helped him get a work of high pay check , just for a Friday morning, I banged on a sweaty two romantic humans on a shaking bed , bouncing and poincing , I cried my eyes out that day , I started my self , I was waiting for an appology that never come , instead all he could say the day I took the guts to question him was "I never loved you" ..

Since then , I have loathed on boys , I would have had my father lock him up , but I couldn't handle hurting someone I once loved, so I let him out of my life for real, since then I have felt nothing for boys but see them as bunch of ungrateful pigs, but Gabriel is an exception since the last blue moon.

When he pulled up in the lunch venue we had fixed, I took my time to look at him, He was The finest creature I have ever laid my eyes on, like he was carefully and specially sculpted by God, He looked like the direct defendants of the Greek gods with his dark complexion and killer-eyes. I wouldn't mind kissing his soft lips if he had made a move.

His voice during the conversation was mind blowing, he was the best conversationalist I'd ever met, every thing he did, his smile, his body moves created butterflies in my stomach, when he said about the walk way incident, I felt bad and kinda surprised that I had seen him in campus before and didn't steal him since.

I am yet to ask about his relationship status, but sure, he has to be single or any girl that is stealing my man, will have to pay for it.

After when we left the lunch place, I didn't want to loose sight of him, I had dropped him off in his apartment, I didn't move immediately, I thought I would here him say something like " care to see my apartment? ", but he managed to say a sweet goodbye and left, what a bad expectation that never came.

I drove to christie's house, where I supposed charity will be, I was afraid of telling them about Gabriel, since we have sworn not to date again after we had the same similar cases peartaining our past relationships, so I decide to keep it to my self.

" babes what's up? " ..

"Mels, you wasted time though, did you go to somewhere before coming here, your mom said you left the house since 12:30?" ..christie asked. .

" well I went to school to submit assignment first and the lecturer wasted my time " ... I lied .

" I thought I saw your car around the ice-cream hut today, was that you? " .... charity asked from the blue.

" Erm, why do you think am the only one driving a blue Porsche?, maybe that's someone else " ... I comfortably lied again and started laughing.

" please can you people stop questioning your last born? " .. I said out sarcastically waving the topic off.

GABRIEL'S POV

Since after my first lunch date with Lina, we have been talking everyday, she wakes me up from sleep sometimes and I talk her to bed at nights.

It was hard convincing Henry to atleast accept that I like her, Hillary was not a problem as he keeps seeing me as an hero who had gotten a girl nobody in the campus was able to, Henry who has kept his misogynist game so tight was still firm on his stand, he dislikes her, I just hoped he will get to like her when she starts coming around.

On a Saturday afternoon, after I had finished washing and cleaning my little apartment, I don't a call from Lina.

" are you free? " ...her voice went.

" yes sure, I just finished my chores " .. I quickly replied.

" let's sit out at the ice-cream hut again please? ".... she pleaded, the fact that she had misses me was showing on her voice.

" okay sure, I will be there in 15 minutes " ....i assured.

I took my bath and wore a black trouser with a white polo trying the be as simple as I can, I have been thinking of asking her out, I knew we were better than friend zone, but I was waiting for the right time, and then I thought I should.

I went straight to the flower house and picked a fine rose with great fragrance and hid inside my school bag, and then headed to the hut.

We coincidentally arrived at same time, we hugged and locked out hands together, finding our way to inside the hut, we sure looked like newly wedded couple.

We spoke as we munched down the ice-cream not until she threw the question.

" do you have a girlfriend? ... we didn't talk about this the last time, I only told you about mine ".... she asked , her face a little curious, but sure she wasn't expecting me to say yes.

"Erm does faith of elementary three count? , we shared crayons, played the daddy and mommy, cooked sand with no fire and had many dolls as children " ... I answered laughing, she couldn't hold it back, she was laughing too before I came up again.

" well I have wanted to love though, but the last girl I tried loving didn't give me the chance to,so I let it slide and since then, I have been single ".. I honestly replied.

" who wouldn't want your love? , some girls are just dumb, they brain cells can be compared with that of a rhezus monkey "...she replied.

I laughed , I thought of asking her out, bringing out the flower I have got but nope I will have to call her on a dinner date and make the proposal, this is her date, I will do that tomorrow night.

" will you be free tomorrow, for a dinner date? "... I requested

" Erm, sure I will make my mom allow me go, sure I will "...... she replied.

" okay 7pm, Best's restaurant " ....

©oracle

3 Likes

Re: Melina by izaray(f): 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
Well done guy, but the update was too short sad
Re: Melina by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 08, 2018
You're doing a good job. Thanks for the update. Keep it up. Expecting more.
Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
MELINA 

Episode 10

HILLARY'S POV 

My parents had called me over for my aunts white wedding, my aunt , Brenda,  my favorite aunt who always wants to know the girl I flirt with at a particular time,  she supplies me with lines and she gives me courage whenever I lack one to approach a girl,  her husband,  uncle Joe,  she had showed me him after they had their first make out,  we talk like friends more than we do as aunt and nephew.

I couldn't meet up with the reception early, so I took the last sit,  I couldn't invite Henry and Gabriel not because I didn't want to but I wouldn't be with them sure and they will be bored. 

Sitting at the back sits in occasions is fun and cool,  while I was sitting just before the "you may kiss your bride time "  came in a teen,  fair like sun,  bright like The Star,  her skin smooth,  her beauty oozing like ice and freezing everyone,  the perfume she wore had sweet charming fragrance. 

"Hey can I join you here " ....the pretty amazing girl broke my spine with fainty words from her  sweet soft lips . 

" sure you can " ...... I answered,  she is heavenly,  the most beautiful girl of my life span so far.. 

I tried so hard to concentrate and mind my business as the the reception went on but I couldn't,  I can't allow this girl pass by,  and then I started up a conversation. 

" pretty lady,  care if I know the name? " . I selected my words carefully. 

" sure Lilian , what about you " .. she said her lips separating and building up butterflies. 

" Hillary but you can call me Hills" ... I  said. 

I took the conversation on,  we spoke on things, we spoke about the reception and how it was arranged,  she said it was her friend that invited her and she hasn't seen her yet,  we discussed like we knew before,  till I asked for her number. 

" we can get to talk on phone later on,  I think I have to go meet my aunt Now that she is less busy ".... I asked, hoping she doesn't turn it down. 

"Okay sure,  give me your phone then " ...she said, as I handed her my phone. 

Her facial reaction showed she was sad immediately I handed her the phone. 

"Do you know him? "....she asked pointing at Henry in a picture we took together and I used as my wallpaper. 

"Yes he is my friend in school,  my bestfriends they are though,  whatsup with him ?"... I managed to ask surprised. 

She was crying already. 

" I don't know why I am trusting so easily but you have to promise me that you will keep this secret ?"..... she asked,  keeping her soft pam on my cold vibrating hands. 

" I promise to keep it,  stop crying so you won't create a scene " I urged her. 

"He is my junior brother,  don't let him know that you know or saw me please ".... she pleaded,  I was made to keep the secret tight for her but instead my love for her increased. 

I haven't felt this way for girls before,  I have been a flirt all my life,  but seriously it was a rare feeling of pitty and original love. 

After we had exchanged numbers,  I had wiped up her tears with my dry joke,  avoiding to talk about it to whenever she opens up to tell me the real gist,  I left to go meet my aunt. 

GABRIEL'S POV

At around 6:30 I had gotten prepared,  Henry was in my apartment playing game,  Hillary had traveled for some close aunt's wedding reception, I wore a black suit,  checking out at the standing mirror for the thousandth time when my mom called. 

" good evening mom,  how are you?"... I asked as I adjusted my tie for the tenth time. 

" I am fine my son,  hope you are good?" ..... she asked with a crack voice of little sorrow. 

" I am fine mom,  but you don't sound okay,  what happened ?" ...... I asked,  scared. 

" your dad's leg my son,  I am just bothered if we can meet up with the demand,  the way things are moving,  I am really skeptical about our success "..... she lamented bitterly. 

" don't worry mom,  we will get through this,  we are trying and God won't let us down, don't worry " ... I assured her without any source of hope but sure am invincible hope was there, I don't see it but I felt it.. 

I am this type of person that don't give up on things. 

" okay,  if you say so"  she said,  followed with a sigh of a relief .

" can you give me that loud smile again ?" ... I teased her as she let out that loud smile again before giving dad the phone. 

" good evening sir " ... I said,  

" I am fine my son, you are really trying,  I an proud of you. " 

" no problem dad,  health is wealth" ... I replied with a chuckle. 

After I dropped the phone,  Henry who I thought was listening to the conversation asked of who was sick and I told him that Linda our little girl of the house was being held by malaria.

At 10minutes to 7pm I was off,  to the restaurant, I didn't forget the red rose,   I had paid the server there who has got my table arranged with a white linen and sprinkles of red roses,  two candles at each others opposite to light up the beautiful table of great romantic fragrance .

I was sitted , kept my rose behind me,  and in 5 minutes she walks in , in a red gown and a white but red striped shoe , she walked with the rays of the moon,  she depicted a goddess but the red dress made her a living martyr. 

Her facial expression showed how surprised she was setting eyes towards my direction,  I left the rose on the chair and went to give her a warm welcome hug , I didn't allow her say a thing as I lead her to the sit. 

" what's up...... " 

"Shhhhhhhh" ....i cut her short. 

"Let's dine, keep quite and enjoy " .... the waiter who I had planned just brought two glass of red wine and two smoked fishes. 

I wished I could buy more than that But I was watching my pocket. 

We laughed,  discussed and probably had the best date ever,  I could see the happiness all over her and then I took my shot. 

I brought out the rose from my back and went on one knee. 

" Erm,  I don't have to preach a long sermon but, Lina,  will you be my girlfriend? "

Her eyes wide open,  and her mouth ajar,  she couldn't say anything,  next her eyes got wet,  I have never seen this emotional humble side of MELINA.

" yes I will be your girlfriend " ... she said taking me up. 

Eyes were on us,  side comments, but I had chosen a restaurant far from school so that they will be no student around .

We became uncomfortable and the need to let her go arised,  it was late and we left as she dropped me off. 

When I was about to leave the car she muttered " what a romantic boyfriend I am blessed with " ... 

I let out a smile and "take care of you babe , I will see you tomorrow ".

When I opened my door,  I saw Henry and Hillary who supposedly had come back that evening because he was still on suit and the only thing the lazy ass was able to remove was his shoe. 

"How did it go? " ... they both asked in unison. 

" I am not single again brothers "..... I said out with a big laugh. 

"Congratulations brother, you have done what those rich kids pray for " .... Hillary added. 

" I still don't like her,  but I will try to allow her around though " ...henry said without even smiling. 

©oracle

3 Likes

Re: Melina by Sensitivity1254: 12:21am On Jun 12, 2018
You are doing fabulous
Re: Melina by Brey(f): 7:13am On Jun 12, 2018
Beautiful story,thanks for the update
Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 5:27am On Jun 16, 2018
MELINA
Episode 11

I have been on with Lina for weeks now, exploring love, having lunch together and keeping it cool.

On a hot afternoon, I was off though, Lina does not know about my work, I have tried my best to keep it as a secrete, I don't joke with secrets , I am so uptight with them, it's only my brothers ( Hillary and Henry) that knows about the job.

We had to take a walk down the lonely path of the school, a path I never thought existed in the school compound, we had walked down, off people, and there feels like we ain't in school again but In a cool desert, we walked down a lake, I was just following as Lina takes the lead, we held hands though and laughing at every dry joke we created.

"So why did you choose this path? "... I asked amidst our laughter, her facial expression changed as she rubbed her soft pam on the back of my hand.

" this is the path I take whenever I want to be alone from the world" ... she stated slowly.

" Ohh, the notorious lousy MELINA do have some quite time outside the world? Is that not unbelievable? ".....i teased her but I was really gonna ask it .

" MELINA, well!, she is lousy to people but she ain't lousy at all, she is just building her walls high to cover her weak points, remember the rude ones are the most vulnerable ones emotionally" .... she said out with a smile.

"So why did you bring me here? "... I asked after nodding my head gently.

" it's not bad bringing someone I really love to share with my privacy, a privacy my bestfriends are oblivious about , that is how much I love him ".... she said, but I was surprised that her two best friends don't know about this place.

" you mean charity and christie don't Know about this place, that you do hang out here when you want to be left alone? ".... I asked trying to be sure of what I heard.

" yes, I am a loner, I was born with it " .. she said out with a smile , before she continued.
" look at that lake,I swim in it whenever am depressed and want to cool off, it's always cool you know especially in sunny days " ... she said pointing towards a lake at the Right hand side of the woods.

" thats cool Lina ".. I said still wondering about this whole place.

"Let's get on it, please " .. she Pleaded.

" with all pleasure my lady " ... I replied.

" let's get undressed down to our undies then since we didn't bring swimming trunks " ..... she said with a chuckle.

She started undressing, she had the best undies, the light blue colour of it matched with her skin colour, the stretch marks at somewhere below her Ass, defined originality.

When she was done, I was lost in words, she was such a damsel .

I was on my boxer, showing off my hard to achieve parks, I work out every day at 5 am.

" you have a nice body " ... she commented before I got to say something about her beautifully flatted Tommy.

" not as good as yours " ... I said as I moved towards her.

" you lie!!, maybe you are trying to flatter me , thanks anyways, shall we " ... she replied, bringing out her right hand for me to hold and pointing the left at the lake.

" sure " .. we walked down the lake, swinging hands and playfully till I pushed her inside the lake.

"Hey, hey, hey" she was chanting as she fell inside and staterted laughing, I joined her in the cool water , a remedy for the hot afternoon, chasing her around and catching fun, when we were done, we sat on the stubborn grasses beside the lake waiting sun to dry us up.

" you haven't really told me about your family, you don't say about them??".. she broke me with this but I still managed to brighten up my face and say something.

" they are fine, just that I don't like talking about my family with people, I am not so comfortable with it, but they are great.. " I lied comfortably.

Immediately the thoughts of my father's leg popped up my head, I know she could help but I am not good at bothering people with my needs and I grew with getting things myself, so I didn't let her know anything about it and I was not going to.

" why the change of face then " .. she asked as she noticed my face tell how bad I was feeling.

"Nothing, tell me, why you chose to settle with an average citizen like me instead of your rich class? " ....i asked diverting the question.

" Erm, I really don't know, I met you and I felt original love, I felt extra ordinary, the day of the exams that you helped me, I was being harsh because myself was failing me, I never knew love at first sight existed until I set my eyes on you or does love select classes? I think love is very fair, it's not bias " .... she stated as I watched her lips open and close.

I couldn't say a thing, I just kept mute, we could here the sounds of the wind, the songs from the trees and the smiles of the sun.

She leaned on me slowly, and pressed her lips on mine, immediately I felt eternal bliss, I kissed back with intense love , the burning desire in me, and next we are moving to the next pedestal of romantic radar.

She was obsessed just like I was with the moment, but I still had a little control in me to hold a pause.

" it's late Lina, don't you think we should be going " ... I said out calmly.

She let out a chuckle

" you have nice lips that can turn someones humanity off sexually " ...

That was not the answer I seek for, but I expected a compliment from her, her lips were softer than mine but I preferred letting her say first, since she made the first move.

" are you still a virgin? " .... I managed to ask, I knew what the answer would be but I decided to just ask.

" I know you might not believe but I am " .. she said facing downwards.

Seriously who will believe that MELINA is a virgin, it's hard to believe but for the fact that she has been truthful with me, I had to believe her.

" I don't doubt you Lina" ... I said

" I love you "
" I love you too "

We didn't talk again as great silence followed, we wore our clothes and started heading back to the school arena.

"So tell me, you and Isaac didn't have any fore play and all of that? ".... I asked curiously.

" we did, but I had told him am not gonna loose it till I am 18, he tried on so many occasions to force it out of me but couldn't, I think that's one of the reasons he left me " .. she said out bitterly with mixture of fake smiles.

" so tell me, what about you? ".. she asked.

" well, I am too, I don't know why I feel like this, I know it's different from how every other guy feels but I feel I can't just loose my virginity to every or any kind of girl, if I wanted to I would have lost it when I was nine to emmanuella, our neighbor who would sneak into our house then and play with my pennis, she is my senior with five years though, she had wanted to but the day she was about putting my pennis in her Virgina my dad suddenly came back and blew his horn which interrupted, I can't forget how she ran with her clothes and the chance never came again " ..... I narrated as she listened and was laughing amicably.

" so my Gabriel would have been disvirgined by some girl " .. she said and for the first time she was sounding territorial.

We laughed and walked towards the car park, few meters from where her car was packed, we bumped into charity and christie.

Their faces weren't good at seeing me holding hands with Lina, I wasn't afraid, I had this kinda courage, but I Didnt want insults as its obvious they were not cool with what they saw.

" I can pick the cab to the house, you can fix your shit with your friends, I am sure, I don't want to stay with this faces they are keeping or any drama from them " ... I said as I let her hands off.

" I will handle this Gabriel, but if you wish to go, no problem, call me when you reach home " .. she stated as we hugged .

"Sure I will " ...i replied.

" I love you "... she said out, blowing kiss in the air.

I caught it and replied with a loud " I love you too " .

Just before I minded my business I heard a voice ask her.

" did you just tell him you love him? "

I was happy and fun filled heading home, humming Austin Mahone's "all I ever need " , it was all cool and beautiful till someone tapped my back.

A boy with a hoodie, black singlet and had put his hands in his pocket, making up a street bad Ass nigga.

"Hey?.. who are you? " .. I asked without allowing my fear disgrace me.

" I am Isaac "

©oracle

4 Likes

Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 8:18am On Jun 18, 2018
MELINA
episode 12

" em okay , I am Gabriel , what will I do for you "

Before I could spell "heck " , it was a total black out , he lashed out a big slap on me , I was trying to gain my stand when he reached for the next weapon and I was on deadly bruises , head covered and I felt hands on me lifting me up , I was struggling to shout but the mastic on my lip made me suffer my vocal cord .

I couldn't see a thing , but I am sure they brought me to an empty room , the voices of three , one which I recognise so well to be isaacs, I was kept on a chair with my hands tied behind .

I was uncovered .

" how dare you ?" .. One dark satan-like human asked , as he landed slaps and slaps on my cheek .

" I don't understand what's going on , I didn't do anything "... I tried to say again .

" will you shut up".... , the other slapped my mouth .

Just then Isaac walked in front of them like the boss and of course he is the boss as he gives them sign to talk and sign to keep quiet .

He had raised his two fingers up signalling them to stop as he walked up to where I sat .

" you are Melina's boyfriend ain't you ?" .. He asked, pulling up a gun and lining it with his tongue .

" yes I am , and you are Isaac her ex , I guess " .. I asked already shaking but trying so hard to pull up a little courage .

" I can see that you don't have a bit of fear in you , you took my girl and you are here talking gibberish " ... He groaned pulling my shirt before he continued .

" I warn you , I should never see you around her again ,or else " ...

"Or else you will kill me ? , go on ! , kill me , she dumped you because of your misbehaviour , you had her and you couldn't curtail your prick , how then does it affect my innocent soul ? Tell me " ... The place this confidence came from , I couldn't tell , but I was bold enough to conquer my fears .

" ohhh, you are talking ! " .... He raises his finger and the two other beasts pounced on me .

They kept on flogging me till I passed out .

I woke up after hours , and I was still there
The room was blank , no one was there , I the rope weren't on me again , but I saw a written note on the table written,

" next time I get you , I won't let you see the next day again , leave Melina alone "..at the tale end of the paper he wrote " Isaac" ..

My legs were shaking , the bruises were dripping water and blood, when I left the room trying to find my way , I checked by the street clock and it's 1am , that's 7hours total from then .

When I got home , I took my key from where I kept it , opened the door and entered slowly , when I wanted to call Lina was when I discovered that I had lost my phone .

I went to the kitchen , boiled water and started nursing my wounds One by one , thank God to the P.H.E teacher that taught me first aid treatment , when I was done , I laid on my bed till the next morning with no strength of leaving to anywhere .

MELINA'S POV

" But I taught we had vowed never to date again ?" ..
Christie ranted .

Charity supported her , we have had the same past experience on dating and we have come together and vowed that we will stay single in line with our sisterhood and that's another reason we have being harsh on boys .

" you set the rules and you break It "... Charity cuts in .

I didn't talk as I drove them down to my house , we walked to my room , raining curses on me and I just pretend to be oblivious about everything happening in my surrounding .

" I don't know what to say , I know am wrong but I am really in love with him , you see, we can't tell when love hits our weak spot , it has hit me already, and nothing is going to take this happiness from me , please , you people should understand how I feel " ... I tried to make them understand how I feel and the joy of love in my life .

"Imagine what you are saying ?"... Christie cuts in .

" just listen to your self " ... Charity joins the chorus .

They cursed me to the extent that I felt like crying , I was just sitting there and allowing them say all they have to say and I still gave them many reasons why I am not going back outside the fact that Gabriel is caring .

After much persuasion I was able to convince them , to my side .

" well , it seems that you ain't gonna let this guy off , since we are sisters , I think we can just allow it but sure if he acts silly , I personally will kick his ass " .. Christie spoke .

" I think I am in for that too " .. Charity supported .

" thank you sisters " .. I replied as I pulled the two for an appreciation hug.

After few minutes they left as it was already late , I was trying to call Gabriel but his line was switched off , I tried till I slept off , I woke up the next morning and still tried his number and still it wasn't connecting .

I had to go check on him in his house .

GABRIEL'S POV cont

In the morning , I was still in pains when a knock came in , that's exactly how Lina knocks so I knew it was her .

" you can come in " .. I faintly said .

"Ohh my God ,Gabriel !!!!" .. She shouted immediately she saw me .

"What happened to you , who did this to you , talk to me " .. She said in a haste , she was already panting .

"Isaac " ... I managed to say .

" you mean Isaac did this to you ? , why ?" ... She asked , surprised .

" because of you , he warned me off you " .. I replied .

" let me take you to a doctor, I will take care of this case , I will make sure he sleeps in the cell today , let me call my dad " ... She replied helping me up .

I didn't say anything as she led me to her car and we drove to the hospital down the street, the doctor got me treated and she Footed the bill , on our way back she called her father who told her not to worry that Isaac will be in cell withing 24 hours .

©oracle

2 Likes

Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 7:20am On Jun 19, 2018
                      MELINA
                     Episode 13

Weeks turned months and Isaac was forgotten , she had told her father that Isaac threatened her and he was charged for attempted murder and was sentenced to years in prison .

Good riddance , their was no disturbance again , people who heard about my ordeal with Isaac has been asking me stupid questions and boys who were opportuned to know how she got rid of him didn't come close .

That somewhat protected our relationship.

I healed so fast with steady treatment , my boss who learnt of my predicament gave me some days off work and that really helped me .

On a faithful Thursday , I was still at work , I worked afternoon that day .

I was cleaning the table as the customers has reduced , immediately a group of girls entered .

When I turned , it was lina and her friends, I bent down trying to hide my face from them when christie tapped me  .

"Good afternoon can you ...." .... She was shocked when she noticed I was the one and she turned to Lina " babe take a look at " .

Lina couldn't say a thing , she was dumb founded and her mouth ajar , I could see her facial expression turn to angry and then sad , then her eyes started getting wet .

" Gabriel !".. She said faintly

" Lina "... I said back trying to maintain my ground .

Charity and Christie has been looking at themselves and looking at us with great surprise , then they added this tincture of " this kind love with a pastry server " , but I didn't care .

Lina stood up , and walked out without saying a thing and charity and christie followed immediately, asking her questions that am very sure she couldn't answer.

I felt her absence for the first time , I felt bad for keeping my working status from her , I started feeling that she won't trust me again and then I started shedding tears before I knew it .

I cleaned the table and then called henry and Hillary over immediately since I needed some people to talk to and ask what next .

" guys , Lina showed up today at work place " I said immediate the two walked in like two twin brothers .

" thats bad , and she wasn't dramatic , was she ? " henry asked .

" she wasn't , her eyes was wet and she left without saying a thing ., ohh she called me by my name before leaving " .. I explained honestly .

" was she walking with her two body guards ?" .. Hills asked

" yes was she walking with them , they are the problems if she was walking with them " .. Henry added .

" yes she was , and I think they were asking her questions as they were leaving " .. I said with my dace bent downwards .

" have you called her ?" .. Hills who knows much about girls asked .

" I haven't "

"Then call her and ask if you can see her " .

I picked up my phone and dialled her number , it was unavailable, I thought it to be network , so I waited a little and then tried calling her again and it rang .

" what do you want ?, you liar" .. Her voice went on air , as harsh as I never thought she could be .

" Lina please can we see and talk , you don't understand, please allow me explain " .... I replied terrified .

" you don't owe me apology or any explanation, like Gabriel how could you ?? , please let me be , I don't want to talk to you anymore  , I can't trust you again , just take a walk outta my life and don't call me again " .... She hung the call immediately before I could say something .

I felt bad real bad , I couldn't cry , for the moment I didn't know what to do , confusion ate me up , and as I put the phone on loud speaker, henry and hills heard her right , they couldn't say a thing too.

They was great silence , I tried my best not to cry but I couldn't , henry hated seeing me weak so he took it upon himself to do what I never thought he would ever offer to do and that was talking to Melina .

Him and Melina doesn't talk , they are only on hey and hi stuff, and he does that because I am in a relationship with her .

" I will help you talk to her " ... Henry assured me .

" you know I hate seeing boys like this , it pains my marrow , and seeing someone like you in it kills me the more " .. He added .

" let's cheer up , it will be fine bro " ... Hills added as he switched the video game on .

At night when they were gone , I tried calling her again but she had blocked my number because it keeps on not connecting .

I missed her .

I wished I told her about the work before it happened.

MELINA'S POV

I had walked to pastry shop with my friends to chill out and there  I met Gabriel , not just meeting him but as a pastry server , I was broke down as my friends called me to it , like he didn't tell me he was a pastry server .

I was so mad , I felt they are other things that he might be hiding from me , whatever the reasons maybe , my eyes were wet, I couldn't control myself so I had to leave so I wouldn't act stupid .

I was real angry with him , I blocked his number as I couldn't resist the urge of picking his calls .

My friends were asking me if I knew he was working there or that I decided not to tell them .

"Don't worry babe , this boys are ungrateful " .. Charity who tried her best to console me .

" but what if there is a reason behind him not telling you , I don't see him as some other boy " .... Christie suggested after I had answered his call with my uttermost anger .

I thought about it but charity had said I should wait for days before allowing him explain himself .

At night I was tempted to call him, I missed him .

©oracle

3 Likes

Re: Melina by ericbertrand(m): 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
N
Re: Melina by francis6611(m): 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
what a fantastic Nd tantalizing story pls feed us with more update
Re: Melina by izaray(f): 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2018
Nice update, well done baba
Re: Melina by dessyranking(m): 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
Please we need more updates o embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Jamb Jammed Me Out ( My Jamb Experience ) / Cross Roads / Lovers On The Loose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 255
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.