Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? (28820 Views)

NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! / Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by phase1: 6:36pm On May 24, 2018
docadams:

Two characteristics of a JEHUSITES
1. Inferiority complex making them to throw insult,tantrums upandan. Only means of debate is to Insult doctors whom they want parity with.
2. Always wandering in thoughts. They can't put their points across without showing signs of mental fatigue.

Do not begrudge me, I simply assessed you and called a spade a spade. I sympathize with your dyslexia since you are not mentally competent enough decipher the difference between 'present salary' and 'proposed salary' in your quest to promote a preconceived notion of those you think are your transgressors in health sector.

Nigerians are wiser and now more educated to know the value of every professional in the health sector. It means your frustration just began as your age-long anti-Johesu propaganda haemorrhages badly.

My sympathies really. grin

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:18pm On May 24, 2018
Solababa91:

The supposed or the best practice that you painted up there cannot or do not happen here in Nigeria the Doctor feels he is the boss and therefore his prescription should not be altered, even when sometimes the drug-drug combination might not be right, one of the reasons why a lot of patients die or leave hospitals with conditions they don't come with initially.

When the doctor was cracking his or her head to make diagnosis and lay out recommended treatment plan you were not there. Of course he is the boss. A boss can be corrected on a mistake by a lower employee and yet the boss is still the boss.
Most patients in Nigeria die because the get to the hospital late. A pharmacist who assumes he is a medical doctor will sell drugs to a Patient without prescription because he wants to make money. By the time the patient gets to the hospital it's already too late.
Thank God you said Sometimes drug drug interactions
Might not be right. It means this isn't always the case. Sometimes even drug drug interactions you consider wrong may be right for the patient after weighing the benefits to the risks. Have you ever asked a physician the rationale behind prescribing drugs in a certain way you don't agree with? You should ask before you conclude. You guys love painting doctors black and it's already a problem. I remember one pharmacist shouting at me in the presence of the patient I attended to that my prescription was wrong and I was to prescribe flagyl for plasmodiasis instead of coartem. Though I was angry, I still remained calm. When she finished shouting I told her to dispense as I wasn't going to change the prescription. She had to Google plasmodiasis before she went to dispense the drug. Another day I prescribed an antibiotic for a diabetic patient for 14days and she came to tell me I was wrong as the right thing was to give the drug for 5 days I tried explaining my reason and the pharmacist didn't agree. Another one I prescribed dly arthemeter of 160mg he said is a lie that is 80mg daily I tried explaining he still didn't agree. Most pharmacists have a very bad manner in which they approach issues like this. They feel since they learnt how to produce drugs and interpret prescriptions they know the diseases too. This is actually a very wrong notion.

You people are yet to mention the developed countries where pharmacists apart from prescribe drugs apart from OTC's to individuals who don't have doctors prescription.

2 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:20pm On May 24, 2018
phase1:

There is no single group of people who have promoted quackery in the health sector than the physicians. These guys turn their failing hospitals and clinics to fake 'training centres', collecting fees and training fake auxillary nurses, quack lab assistants etc. and even giving them certificates. These quacks then invade the health sector with their quackery, unleashing mayhem on the health of hapless, unsuspecting Nigerians.

We will continue to expose you. You are not talking to mor0ns like yourself.

Is that the reason you chose being a quack doctor over doing your actual job?
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by boldest: 7:34pm On May 24, 2018
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by phase1: 7:43pm On May 24, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Is that the reason you chose being a quack doctor?

Your question sounds like you have 3 (XXY) chromosomes instead of the usual 2 (XY). Are you trisomically challenged?
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Solababa91(m): 7:59pm On May 24, 2018
boldest:
these are the kind of doctors of johesu nigeria will be seeing ....meningoencepahalitis becoming worse and turns to stroke just like that ....first of all I doubt if you know the possibilities of various dx in HIv and thank God u attest to the fact that the drug makes d patient better ....so he is alive to visit d so called Dr of physiotherapy ...

Please prove me wrong, If I am, one just wonder the kind of Doctors we produce here in Nigeria little wonder the decay in the health sector. Bro, the two of you are not worth the license or the Title you parade. Go and do your research and bury your head in shame. I repeat shame. Also don't forget to find out the WHO definition of stroke or any definition you find around.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971214000113

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/nervous_system_disorders/bacterial_meningitis_134,26

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Meningitis-and-Encephalitis-Fact-Sheet
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Solababa91(m): 8:00pm On May 24, 2018
danilmo:

that nigga is a consultant o shocked
check google and see what johesu consultant mean

walk out of thread biko..

lot of jobless johesu consultant here,
oh I forgot they are on strikegrin

Please prove me wrong, If I am, one just wonder the kind of Doctors we produce here in Nigeria little wonder the decay in the health sector. Bro, the two of you are not worth the license or the Title you parade. Go and do your research and bury your head in shame. I repeat shame. Also don't forget to find out the WHO definition of stroke or any definition you find around.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971214000113

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/nervous_system_disorders/bacterial_meningitis_134,26

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Meningitis-and-Encephalitis-Fact-Sheet

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Solababa91(m): 8:02pm On May 24, 2018
Thanks18:

You just displayed your ignorance here while trying to argue fact. And you ended up saying nothing. For your sake, argue with your keyboard by asking google. Ignorance coupled with arrogance and closed mind is worse than death. I am really tired responding to eNMA charlatan like you.

Don't mind them, have given them a challenge they should be a shame of their selves if they don't know common complications then what do they know? Bragging and bossing on emptiness. I am also tired arguing with them let them continue displaying their ignorance for the whole world to see.

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Thanks18(m): 8:44pm On May 24, 2018
Solababa91:

Don't mind them, have given them a challenge they should be a shame of their selves if they don't know common complications then what do they know? Bragging and bossing on emptiness. I am also tired arguing with them let them continue displaying their ignorance for the whole world to see.

My bro, rest jare. Arguing with a person who does not know but close his mind up is like administering medicine to the dead. I pity the unscrupulous folks(pts) who will fall into these charlatans.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:47pm On May 24, 2018
Solababa91:

What you don't understand is there are conditions amenable to Pure Medicine as well as other professionals too, also when you talk about prescription, prescription is not only the tablet, or ample or what have you, prescription includes ointments, gels and so on. I give you a case scenario this time In Physiotherapy, A HIV patient may develop meningoencephalitis and may worsen over time and come down with Stroke, what you guys do is administer drugs so as to rescue him/her from condition, the Physiotherapist is concerned with rehabilitation to bring the patient to his nearest or same self before the ailment. He clerks the patient (history, assessment, diagnoses, plan of treatment and means of management makes prescription (not necessarily tablet or ample or what have you). So that it is only Doctors that make prescription, diagnosis or plan of management is an understatement.
Thank God you did not come here to say you prescribe drugs.
At least the patient is alive to come for rehabilitation abi is it people you guys rehabilitate? Now will know that the doctor restores the life of the patient so you guys can work on a living Patient.
Physiotherapist will come into play when the physician decides the patient is ready for it.
At least you say pure medicine. I guess you consider your physiotherapy adulterated medicine.
Since you don't prescribe drugs or monitor the disease process, the doctor is responsible for this part. The patient with HIV meningoencephalitis who you say progressed to stroke will keep deteriorating if the doctors stop seeing him. Don't come here and give us lecture about you bringing the patient to the nearest state before the ailment when you don't know the pains people went through to keep that patient alive. You just want to undermine the doctors position in his patient's care so as to elevate your own.
Is it a dead Patient you will rehabilitate?

2 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:49pm On May 24, 2018
Solababa91:

What ignorance? Is it not the doctor that will decide whether or not a Patient needs rehabilitation? Is it a dead body you want to rehabilitate?
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Chartey(m): 8:55pm On May 24, 2018
Bidexgarl:

I never equated them, I only pointed out that they are are independent heads in their professions.
You demonstrated suboptimal understanding of what a consultant is as applies to doctors.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Thanks18(m): 8:56pm On May 24, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

What ignorance? Is it not the doctor that will decide whether or not a Patient needs rehabilitation? Is it a dead body you want to rehabilitate?

It's his clinical presentation. if he actually suffered stroke with the resultant hemiplegia or paresis, he will benefit from rehab despite your kangaroo diagnosis

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:31pm On May 24, 2018
Thanks18:

It's his clinical presentation. if he actually suffered stroke with the resultant hemiplegia or paresis, he will benefit from rehab despite your kangaroo diagnosis

If the kangaroo diagnosis wasn't made and he wasn't treated you will rehabilitate a dead body.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Solababa91(m): 9:46pm On May 24, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Would you close your eyes and pretend you didn't see the ignorance your brothers danilmo and Boldest just showed up there? I painted a case scenario of a HIV patient coming down with meningoencephalitis and developed stroke, they were questioning the possibility of these scenario. Are these not the ones that treat or do diagnoses? If you follow my submissions right from the start of this thread I have never undermined any Doctor, all have been doing is correct some notions or enlighten. In my last submission I pointed out and corrected the notion that it is not only a Medical Doctor that diagnoses or treat a patient, we have our diagnoses, treatment plan and means of management just as you do. We also make prescriptions. And have not in any way equated both professions but rather enlighten tbiae who care to know.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by phase1: 9:47pm On May 24, 2018
See what Nigerians are saying.

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:48pm On May 24, 2018
Thanks18:

If the kangaroo diagnosis wasn't made and he wasn't treated you will rehabilitate a dead body.
It's so funny that you need this kangaroo diagnosis and continuous management by the doctors to work if not you will end up rehabilitating dead bodies and your clients with kangaroo diagnosis will keep on having their kangaroo disease.

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:07pm On May 24, 2018
Solababa91:

Would you close your eyes and pretend you didn't see the ignorance your brothers danilmo and Boldest just showed up there? Are these not the ones that treat or do diagnoses? If you follow my submissions right from the start of this thread I have never undermined any Doctor, all have been doing is correct some notions or enlighten. In my last submission I pointed out and corrected the notion that it is not only a Medical Doctor that diagnoses or treat a patient, we have our diagnoses, treatment plan and means of management just as you do. We also make prescriptions.

The medical doctor diagnoses and treats while you rehabilitate. The only drugs you are allowed to prescribe are over the counter medications which any body can get without a prescription.
Hope you know you ain't treating any disease?

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Solababa91(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Thank God you did not come here to say you prescribe drugs.
At least the patient is alive to come for rehabilitation abi is it people you guys rehabilitate? Now will know that the doctor restores the life of the patient so you guys can work on a living Patient.
Physiotherapist will come into play when the physician decides the patient is ready for it.
At least you say pure medicine. I guess you consider your physiotherapy adulterated medicine.
Since you don't prescribe drugs or monitor the disease process, the doctor is responsible for this part. The patient with HIV meningoencephalitis who you say progressed to stroke will keep deteriorating if the doctors stop seeing him. Don't come here and give us lecture about you bringing the patient to the nearest state before the ailment when you don't know the pains people went through to keep that patient alive. You just want to undermine the doctors position in his patient's care so as to elevate your own.
Is it a dead Patient you will rehabilitate?

Please read well before responding a patient that has suffered hemiplegia or paresis, would have series of. muscular deformity ranging from flexor spasticity on his UL, extensor spasticity on the LL, might develop balance and coordination problems depending on the area of the brain affected and so on... is it your drugs that will bring him working on his feet again? and do his normal daily activities he does before? (that is what I meant by nearest state of health or function before the ailment). Even after the patient did not die like you pointed out because of your drug intervention go and ask them how they feel with their gait presentation or does your drug also correct gait pattern? Look none of the health PROFESSIONALS are castovers like I pointed out earlier, the health management team is patient-condition-specific. It will be an understatement or insincerity for anybody to feel he/she can function without the other or rubbish other people's work or profession. I have friends that are Medical Doctors and some if them appreciate our work and even eulogise us, some even come for consultation, this is the way it should be not the boasting and egoistic manner it is now. Everybody has it's own job description and jurisdiction and his aware if it.

2 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Thanks18(m): 10:26pm On May 24, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

It's so funny that you need this kangaroo diagnosis and continuous management by the doctors to work if not you will end up rehabilitating dead bodies and your clients with kangaroo diagnosis will keep on having their kangaroo disease.

You also need rehabilitation of pt to be alive and fit while you continue to practice your quackery till thy kingdom come. Guy, go and cram some drugs and keep fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Solababa91(m): 10:33pm On May 24, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

The medical doctor diagnoses and treats while you rehabilitate. The only drugs you are allowed to prescribe are over the counter medications which any body can get without a prescription.
Hope you know you ain't treating any disease?

May be you should go find out what a disease is. A disease covers the presentation or complication that comes with it which we treat/make better/rehabilitate the individual so how do you mean we don't treat, we treat my brother but not with drugs. Our profession (PHYSICAL THERAPIST) has said it all (PHYSICAL TREATMENT). A patient has CVD comes down with hemiplegia, you do your treatment by prescribing medications, I treat using physical means. Don't forget the patient well being is OUR (you and me) utmost goal because if there are no patients in the first place there won't be you and me. So how do you mean we do not both treat? Are you even aware some of our treatment helps to rejig/make some centers of the brain to compensate for the loss of the erstwhile affected centers of the brain? I believe you know much about the NIEROPLASTICITY of the brain?

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Thanks18(m): 11:00pm On May 24, 2018
Physiotherapist has the clinical expertise and autonomy to assess, diagnose and treat a patient using noninvasive techniques and means for the overall improved health outcome.

2 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:06am On May 25, 2018
Solababa91:

May be you should go find out what a disease is. A disease covers the presentation or complication that comes with it which we treat/make better/rehabilitate the individual so how do you mean we don't treat, we treat my brother but not with drugs. Our profession (PHYSICAL THERAPIST) has said it all (PHYSICAL TREATMENT). A patient has CVD comes down with hemiplegia, you do your treatment by prescribing medications, I treat using physical means. Don't forget the patient well being is OUR (you and me) utmost goal because if there are no patients in the first place there won't be you and me. So how do you mean we do not both treat? Are you even aware some of our treatment helps to rejig/make some centers of the brain to compensate for the loss of the erstwhile affected centers of the brain? I believe you know much about the NIEROPLASTICITY of the brain?

sorry hemiplegia isn't a disease. You are rehabilitating not treating a disease Mr man. Disability is not synonymous with disease neither can they be used interchangeably.

How will the brain regain it's function without treating the disease that caused damage?

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Hairyrapunzel: 6:57am On May 25, 2018
Solababa91:

Please read well before responding a patient that has suffered hemiplegia or paresis, would have series of. muscular deformity ranging from flexor spasticity on his UL, extensor spasticity on the LL, might develop balance and coordination problems depending on the area of the brain affected and so on... is it your drugs that will bring him working on his feet again? and do his normal daily activities he does before? (that is what I meant by nearest state of health or function before the ailment). Even after the patient did not die like you pointed out because of your drug intervention go and ask them how they feel with their gait presentation or does your drug also correct gait pattern? Look none of the health PROFESSIONALS are castovers like I pointed out earlier, the health management team is patient-condition-specific. It will be an understatement or insincerity for anybody to feel he/she can function without the other or rubbish other people's work or profession. I have friends that are Medical Doctors and some if them appreciate our work and even eulogise us, some even come for consultation, this is the way it should be not the boasting and egoistic manner it is now. Everybody has it's own job description and jurisdiction and his aware if it.

Hemiplegia and paresis are not diseases, Spasticity isn't a disease, muscular deformity isnt a disease too. Diseases have names. Let him stop taking the drugs and going to see his doctor and see if its not dead body you will rehabilitate. You have your job description yet you rely on the doctor to keep the patient stable. Who is boasting between two of us? First, you tried to undermine the very important role of the doctor, next you try to take up a role not meant for you giving people false impression and now you talk about boasting. See yourself

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Thanks18(m): 8:01am On May 25, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

sorry hemiplegia isn't a disease. You are rehabilitating not treating a disease Mr man. Disability is not synonymous with disease neither can they be used interchangeably.

How will the brain regain it's function without treating the disease that caused damage?

Pls answer what is a disease? According to US National library of Medicine, a disease is any condition which results in the disorder of a structure or function in a living organism that is not due to any external injury. Going by this definition, a physiotherapist has a clinical skills and autonomy to assess, diagnose and treat disease using physical means. In stroke, we treat and rehabilitate but there are some MSK, we treat and improve quality of life. Don't be arguing blind for this thread is not a secondary school debate where people beat around the bush for academic exercise. Rather argue with your books and keyboard by asking google.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Solababa91(m): 8:37am On May 25, 2018
Thanks18:

Pls answer what is a disease? According to US National library of Medicine, a disease is any condition which results in the disorder of a structure or function in a living organism that is not due to any external injury. Going by this definition, a physiotherapist has a clinical skills and autonomy to assess, diagnose and treat disease using physical means. In stroke, we treat and rehabilitate but there are some MSK, we treat and improve quality of life. Don't be arguing blind for this thread is not a secondary school debate where people beat around the bush for academic exercise. Rather argue with your books and keyboard by asking google.

Please let's leave him to his ignorance, I had told him earlier on to go check what a disease is, a supposed intelligent physician would have at least make findings or enlighten himself with what he doesn't know rather than feigning his ignorance and living on what he's been told or fed with, may be we should tell them it's not business as usual, we've woken up, we have new generations of Professionals now, not the one they run over years back, nobody can paint blue as black for anybody. NOT AGAIN! These has been their problem right from onset, instead of them to bring themselves low and learn NO! rather they will keep boasting and Doctoring on ignorance and it's been affecting them. WHEN ONE THINKS HE KNOWS EVERYTHING AND KEEPS RANTING "STOOFS". The other two up there said an HIV patient cannot have stroke secondary to meningoencephalitis and one was even trying to build STOOF where there exists none by saying blah blah blah "there are diseases HIV patients can have" or whatever, have not seen anyone of them respond on these thread any longer I know they would have made research to visit the link I shared and buried their head in shame. That is same way they formulate false diagnoses and diseases processes to poor and ignorant patients, these one too said gait abnormality, hemiplegia and spasticity are not diseases, then what are they? Good health? He has not even checked what a disease is or care to know what Physical Therapy is all about. May be he's been fed too that all PT's do is just to carry hand and leg or PM. Laughs...

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:57am On May 25, 2018
Thanks18:

What is disability? Like I said disability isn't a disease. You don't even know your work.
Thank God you said a disease is a disorder that leads to loss of function or structure.
Disability isn't the disorder that leads to loss of function or structure. You want to force yourself to treat diseases when you too don't know jack about treating diseases.
Fear did not allow you define disability. You rehabilitate and you don't treat diseases accept it.
A physiotherapists doesn't treat any disease. Their function is to rehabilitate people who have impairments or disability.
Diseases and accidents lead to disabilities. You rehabilitate patients with disabilities and do not treat the disease process. Stop lying to yourself. You don't even know your job.
See someone that thinks hemiplegia and muscular deformity is a disease.
Accept the fact that you don't treat diseases.
That's how you will be saying you treat diseases when you don't know jack about diseases.

2 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:10am On May 25, 2018
Solababa91:

Please let's leave him to his ignorance, I had told him earlier on to go check what a disease is, a supposed intelligent physician would have at least make findings or enlighten himself with what he doesn't know rather than feigning his ignorance and living on what he's been told or fed with, may be we should tell them it's not business as usual, we've woken up, we have new generations of Professionals now, not the one they run over years back, nobody can paint blue as black for anybody. NOT AGAIN! These has been their problem right from onset, instead of them to bring themselves low and learn NO! rather they will keep boasting and Doctoring on ignorance and it's been affecting them. WHEN ONE THINKS HE KNOWS EVERYTHING AND KEEPS RANTING "STOOFS". The other two up there said an HIV patient cannot have stroke secondary to meningoencephalitis and one was even trying to build STOOF where there exists none by saying blah blah blah "there are diseases HIV patients can have" or whatever, have not seen anyone of them respond on these thread any longer I know they would have made research to visit the link I shared and buried their head in shame. That is same way they formulate false diagnoses and diseases processes to poor and ignorant patients, these one too said gait abnormality, hemiplegia and spasticity are not diseases, then what are they? Good health? He has not even checked what a disease is or care to know what Physical Therapy is all about. May be he's been fed too that all PT's do is just to carry hand and leg or PM. Laughs...

Nowhere in the google did they say physiotherapists treat diseases. If there was you would have taken a screen shot and shown me. A disabled patient is different from a Patient with disease. You don't even know your job description.
How are gait abnormality, hemiplegia and spasticity diseases? If they where diseases you would would have googled them and screen grabbed them to put on this thread. You guy don't even know the basic aim of physiotherapy.

You want me to define hemiplegia, spasticity and abnormal gait for you? See physiotherapist saying he treats diseases whereas he doesn't know the difference between disease and disability. It's only in Nigeria that physiotherapists say they treat diseases. Even google doesn't say so.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Thanks18(m): 10:22am On May 25, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

What is disability? Like I said disability isn't a disease. You don't even know your work.
Thank God you said a disease is a disorder that leads to loss of function or structure.
Disability isn't the disorder that leads to loss of function or structure. You want to force yourself to treat diseases when you too don't know jack about treating diseases.
Fear did not allow you define disability. You rehabilitate and you don't treat diseases accept it.
A physiotherapists doesn't treat any disease. Their function is to rehabilitate people who have impairments or disability.
Diseases and accidents lead to disabilities. You rehabilitate patients with disabilities and do not treat the disease process. Stop lying to yourself. You don't even know your job.
See someone that thinks hemiplegia and muscular deformity is a disease.
Accept the fact that you don't treat diseases.
That's how you will be saying you treat diseases when you don't know jack about diseases.

Let me sound this to you as it has becoming my routine these days when confronted by medical illiterates like you. Just as the great Ikemba once said: "Having a dialogue with my country men is like having a dialogue with the deaf; it requires a great deal of repetition, a great deal of shouting and a great deal of gesticulation. In spite of all these efforts, you still run the risk of being misunderstood". You are simply daft, deaf or arrogant. You are very good in raising dust but very poor to substantiate those nothing with intelligent argument backed with logical answer and facts. I explain what disease is all about, instead of taking ample time to digest it, you conjured up nonsense. I see you have a fundamental problem and that's shallow understanding. Stop taking coffee and be hallucinating. Stop cramming for my point is not all those pathways in biochemistry. If you don't have anything to say again, keep mute than exhibiting a broad day light audacious ignorance. This is 21st century(age of information) and not dark ages where coercion is a tool in reasoning. I am a Physiotherapist. I know my job description and I owe you no further explanation as your mind is locked up with key of prejudice and illiteracy. I am through with you.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Thanks18(m): 10:27am On May 25, 2018
This is the WHO and ILO definition of Physiotherapists/Physical therapist.

WHO didn’t mince word saying that ‘Physiotherapists assess, plan and implement rehabilitative programs that improve or restore human motor functions, maximize movement ability, relieve pain syndromes, and TREAT or prevent physical challenges associated with injuries, diseases and other impairments. They apply a broad range of physical therapies and techniques such as movement, ultrasound, heating, laser and other techniques. They may develop and implement programmes for screening and prevention of common physical ailments and disorders. ILO in classifying their job stated that “Physiotherapists and related associate professionals TREAT disorders of bones, muscles and parts of the circulatory or the nervous system by manipulative methods, and ultrasound, heating, laser or similar techniques, or apply physiotherapy and related therapies as part of the treatment for the physically disabled, mentally ill or unbalanced.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by careerwoman(f): 10:29am On May 25, 2018
boldest:
why can't we just do it like this .....let johesu pple patronise themselves when they are sick...at least we know the same thing ....we are equals

Very saddening... A record officer claims he's on strike and refuses to bring out folders of old patients during clinic or open folders for new patients. However, his aunt suffers a cardiac arrest and he immediately shows up and opens a folder for her to see the doctor in the clinic. My consultant was very unhappy with him. If you're on strike, stay on strike. Don't offer preferential service. Better still, take her to your ogas at the top (consultant pharmacist and nurses) since they have said that they can manage patients without doctors too. The masses are the ones at the receiving end of this strike not the FG or the doctors.
Everyone should stop being greedy or selfish and look at things logically. Go back to the negotiation table and reason with FG on significant things like career progression, more funding of the health sector, and restructuring of the health system. Misinforming the public and insulting doctors on social media doesn't make you any better to take up higher (admin) positions. It simply means that if given the opportunity to head the sector, everything will go haywire. If you don't respect doctors now, how will you respect them when you're in an admin position..
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Solababa91(m): 10:51am On May 25, 2018
careerwoman:

Very saddening... A record officer claims he's on strike and refuses to bring out folders of old patients during clinic or open folders for new patients. However, his aunt suffers a cardiac arrest and he immediately shows up and opens a folder for her to see the doctor in the clinic. My consultant was very unhappy with him. If you're on strike, stay on strike. Don't offer preferential service. Better still, take her to your ogas at the top (consultant pharmacist and nurses) since they have said that they can manage patients without doctors too. The masses are the ones at the receiving end of this strike not the FG or the doctors.
Everyone should stop being greedy or selfish and look at things logically. Go back to the negotiation table and reason with FG on significant things like career progression, more funding of the health sector, and restructuring of the health system. Misinforming the public and insulting doctors on social media doesn't make you any better to take up higher (admin) positions. It simply means that if given the opportunity to head the sector, everything will go haywire. If you don't respect doctors now, how will you respect them when you're in an admin position..

Doctors should respect themselves and see if other health professionals won't reciprocate, why poking their nose into what does not concern them. JOHESU approached FG with some yearnings not the NMA, why will NMA tell the FG not to yield to their yearnings? The Minister of Health which has turned himself to Minister of Doctors came out to say JOHESU wants to be at par with Doctors in respect to salaries and emoluments. Can't JOHESU ask for his right again? What has NMA has to do with JOHESU plight? and who is NMA to dictate to the FG whose his to answer or not? NMA has gone on industrial action countless times and JOHESU or any health union has never for once told FG not to honour their quest, the sky is wide for any bird to fly. If you feel you are not well remunerated you have the right to discuss with your employer. Basic! If you are sincere with yourself you should know where this imbroglio emanated from. Let Doctors respect themselves and other professionals rather than despising and poking their nose into what does not concern them and see if they won't get respect in return. But if they feel they can continue to monopolize the system, they'll be given a good run for their money. Gracias

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Mystery Man Died But Woke Up Thrice (Pictured) / RRS Assists Accident Victims To Hospital In Lagos / Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.