Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! (1349 Views)

Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud / Glo Slow Network... Help / How To Add & Remove Family And Friends Numbers On Airtel, MTN, Glo, 9mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by iamVirus(m): 6:22pm On May 22, 2018
cc: lalasticlala mynd44 seun
cc: Otedola, cc; Donjazzy (anyone famous, help me beg them naa??)

Somebody help me. please
This people are bent on sending me back to my village!

NB: I've unsubscribed from the service using *902#, but keeps activating. I never subscribed in the first place oo

I'm sueing ooo

1 Share

Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by iamVirus(m): 6:27pm On May 22, 2018
They don't even reply my tweets!

Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by Man2utd(m): 11:26pm On May 22, 2018
Airtel is a scam, I think they are trying to raise funds. I complained about this several times also and involved NCC, But NCC is as useless as airtel itself.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by phetto(m): 7:28am On May 23, 2018
Baba mi.

Am afraid to load airtime on my AIRTEL SIM card.
It seems have subscribed for more than 10 packages.
Imagine having over #500 before sleeping and waking up with #37.

Please just let me know when you want to sue them so that we can gather money sue them together.

Am very serious baba
Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by pat077: 7:36am On May 23, 2018
Experienced same
Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by obo389(m): 8:56am On May 23, 2018
Just go to any of their offices.
Did mine in ICM
Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 23, 2018
I had a similar experience, so I know how daunting it could be. Thanks to NCC there's a DND(Do Not Disturb) code to end the menace. Text STOP to 2442 on any network
Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by adedara9: 2:53pm On May 23, 2018
phetto:
Baba mi.

Am afraid to load airtime on my AIRTEL SIM card.
It seems have subscribed for more than 10 packages.
Imagine having over #500 before sleeping and waking up with #37.

Please just let me know when you want to sue them so that we can gather money sue them together.

Am very serious baba

You need not bother yourself. Afraid kwa!! Hit them up on Twitter @Airtel_Care. Quick resolution guaranteed.
Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by adedara9: 2:54pm On May 23, 2018
Let them know via their twitter handle via @Airtel_Care

iamVirus:
cc: lalasticlala mynd44 seun
cc: Otedola, cc; Donjazzy (anyone famous, help me beg them naa??)

Somebody help me. please
This people are bent on sending me back to my village!

NB: I've unsubscribed from the service using *902#, but keeps activating. I never subscribed in the first place oo

I'm sueing ooo
Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by soliddust2020: 3:39pm On May 23, 2018
You are not alone on this. I only recharge my airtel line wheni wan to sub. I have called customer care and even sent them a dm on twitter still the same. That *902# does not work, even that 2442 do not disturb mode does not stop them. Their customer care said that i usually activate them while browsing, i be mumu when start to use internet today and never use other networks before. They just rob their customers daily to raise money. Our stupid minister of communication and foolish NCC don't know their job.
Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by Xionez(m): 4:18pm On May 23, 2018
soliddust2020:
You are not alone on this. I only recharge my airtel line wheni wan to sub. I have called customer care and even sent them a dm on twitter still the same. That *902# does not work, even that 2442 do not disturb mode does not stop them. Their customer care said that i usually activate them while browsing, i be mumu when start to use internet today and never use other networks before. They just rob their customers daily to raise money. Our stupid minister of communication and foolish NCC don't know their job.

The bolded part is actually correct. It is also one of the avenues which this practice is being done.
There are some websites that host ads which automatically subscribe you to VAS. These sites have these mischievous ads as an overlay, thus whatever you click or wherever you click would point to these VAS ads which would then automatically subscribe you.

I've encountered this numerous times...often on ads hosted on the Operamini or UCbrowser Page bookmarks, some dubious sites and some other seemingly innocent websites.
I rectified this by disabling "Premium SMS access" for ALL apps on my phone...including the Messaging app. You can find this under App Permissions in Settings. On Nougat, you can use the search feature to find "Premium SMS access"

It is highly unfortunate fact that NCC and Telecom operators have decided to turn a blind eye to this unethical practice.
Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by Xionez(m): 4:50pm On May 23, 2018
I could give you an example.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for whatever happens or whatever cost that may arise as a result of this post. This is comment is stated as an example only and in no way used to entice readers to subscribe to VAS. I am also in no way affiliated, have shares or interest in any telecom operator.
Try at your OWN risk
This findings was confirmed to be true using a disposable SIM having no credit , using data powered by Airtel and with the knowledge that I am responsible for MY OWN outcome ONLY

Supposing I open a site and probably click on an innocent link. I am redirected to a site such as
[link] http://services.acs15.com/NAG/nag-service-opt1-opera-nowifi/?utm_source=opera&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=NAG_OPR_14&utm_content=service-opt1&utm_campaign=NAG_OPR_14-opera-sp-all-clicks-service-opt1-image&nomsisdn=1 [link]

This then automatically registers me for an Airtel Game service before I am actually redirected to the intended site.

The SMS notification often comes in a few minutes after, notifying you of your unintended subscription to a particular VAS.
Once in, its difficult to get out.

EDIT: I am expected to get banned but I hope I have made my point and eliminate one avenue of this mischief.
Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by iamVirus(m): 6:12pm On May 23, 2018
cc: lalasticlala seun fynestboi mynd44 Dominique

leave other things, please these people are rubbing us!!!!

help us
Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by soliddust2020: 9:28pm On May 23, 2018
Xionez:

The bolded part is actually correct. It is also one of the avenues which this practice is being done.
There are some websites that hosts ads which automatically subscribes you to VAS. These site have these mischievous ads as an overlay, thus whatever you click or wherever you click would point to these VAS ads which would then automatically subscribe you.

I've encountered this numerous times...often on ads hosted on the Operamini or UCbrowser Page bookmarks, some dubious sites and some other seemingly innocent websites.
I rectified this by disabling "Premium SMS access" for ALL apps on my phone...including the Messaging app. You can find this under App Permissions in Settings. On Nougat, you can use the search feature to find "Premium SMS access"

It is highly unfortunate fact that NCC and Telecom operators have decided to turn a blind eye to this unethical practice.

Bro i wasn't able to locate premium sms access on settings, i have searched very well.
Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by Xionez(m): 10:54pm On May 23, 2018
soliddust2020:

Bro i wasn't able to locate premium sms access on settings, i have searched very well.

What phone model are you using and what is the Android version?
Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by soliddust2020: 2:21am On May 24, 2018
Xionez:

What phone model are you using and what is the Android version?

I am using HTC one M8. Android version 5.0.1 Lollipop. Thank you
Re: Please, Who's Experiencing Or Has Experienced This On AIRTEL Network. Help!!! by Xionez(m): 6:29am On May 24, 2018
soliddust2020:

I am using HTC one M8. Android version 5.0.1 Lollipop. Thank you
1. Taps on Apps > Settings > App manager.
2. Tap the Menu icon (upper-right).
3. Tap Configure apps .
4. Tap Special access.
5. Tap Premium SMS access .
6. Tap your Messaging app and then select the option: Ask

Hope it is the same as yours. If its not the same, you would have to do a lot of exploring.
Goodluck!

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Spark 3 Pro: Official Design And Specifications. Hit or Miss??? / Infinix Smart 3 Plus: High End Features For A Low Price / Samsung Launches Another Premium Budget Phone - Samsung M90

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.