Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,556 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:27 PM

Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands (15634 Views)

Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better / How To Identify Fake Tecno , Infinix And Itel Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by BadBradley: 10:56pm On May 22, 2018
Transsion Holdings, Perhaps being the only GSM mobile manufacturing company that operates in 3 different brands, Tecno, Itel and infinix in the world, apparently in a bid to have the proverbial nine lives and seemingly seeking to take advantage of the underdevelop world, this company has launched an aggressive market campaign across Africa and other poor region of the world where consumers and experts don't have the expertise to critically appraise its products' features and claims.

It's surprising how the Chinese company failed to make its presence in China its home country with a huge market of over 1.2 billion people but came to Africa whose entire population doesn't quite measure up to China and whose political and economic stability is less predictable than China's.

A company that rarely, if ever, uses the chipset of world leaders like Qualcomm or Exynos on its phones or, the screen protective layer from global standards setter, Corning, or the class leading mobile screen technology like Amoled or LCD 3, it is no wonder no reputable mobile phone website ever lists Tecno, Infinix or Itel amongst items for review.

Worse still this is a brand that can't handle large storage Micro SD card of 64 to 126gb without dragging its fluidity down or shutting down the phone. This is a company that doesn't have its own ecosystem or backup services or cloud storage like other Android manufacturers like  LG, Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc

The listed pixel count at the back of camera doesn't reflect the quality expected and non-Adroid models have the exact same UX and UI of clone, fake phones that immitated Nokia Series 30 and 60 phones back in 2005 and 2006 across Africa.

To cap it all up, Tecno which has more customers in Nigeria than the entire population of Ethiopia has chosen to set up a manufacturing plant in Ethiopia while targeting the market here in Nigeria.

So Nigerians will be paying more to get their subpar Tecno, Itel and Infinix phones while indirectly growing the economy of Ethiopia.

Perhaps its battery life is a strong selling point but again, what's the use of a long lasting battery without exciting features to power?

Source: www.lodega.com

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by bizza45: 11:22pm On May 22, 2018
without those phones l most people here will not be able to use an android phone ...we don't care weda d screen na gorilla screen or weda na MKT , provided it does what a Samsung or HTC does its OK to us... how much is a Samsung S8 phone and how much is a techno camon CM yet it does everything a Samsung S8 phone does ...so baba don't b a hater

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by HeyCorleone(m): 11:33pm On May 22, 2018
I have no problem with Tecno or Infinix. I daresay they make good devices these days.

My contention is with Itel. No human being created by God should go a mile near that phone. Itel devices reek of failure and mediocrity in its worst term.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by ITbomb(m): 11:42pm On May 22, 2018
The first day I used Samsung Galaxy phone, I had to tender an apology to Android for dishing the OS.

Android for Tecno and Samsung no be same level

12 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by kiddoiLL(m): 12:14am On May 23, 2018
Ogbeni are you going to buy Samsung, HTC and Sony for the whole of Nigeria?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by laudate: 1:09am On May 23, 2018
HeyCorleone:
I have no problem with Tecno or Infinix. I daresay they make good devices these days.

My contention is with Itel. No human being created by God should go a mile near that phone. Itel devices reek of failure and mediocrity in its worst term.

Infinix is a good device? Since when? shocked The money I wasted buying the last Infinix Note, is still annoying me. Infinix phones often develop battery problems and charging port issues, within the first few months of usage. Go and check....

6 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 1:23am On May 23, 2018
Enjoy ur Samsung make we enjoy our infinix and techno..
Is that a big thing to ask?

17 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by aonenews(m): 4:38am On May 23, 2018
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by DOUBLEWAHALA: 4:53am On May 23, 2018
nonsense piece of trend

u should tell me the fone ur con3 is producing and u forgot that nigeria have more lower and average class more dan 1st class

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by femi4: 5:46am On May 23, 2018
Which phone did your country produce? Allow people to enjoy how they spend their money. My infinix is 4yrs and counting

9 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by bongolistik(m): 6:16am On May 23, 2018
Infinix phones have started coming with Qualcomm chipset and only Samsung do come with Exynos.

Sorry to say this, if I were Transsion Holdings I will still go to set up Tecno phones manufacturing plant in Ethiopia instead of Nigeria and you should blame that on Nigerian government who cannot set up enabling environment for both local and foreign companies to thrive in their businesses.

Or do you want Tecno to be running their company in Nigeria where they will be oning generator 24hours to keep up with the company's activities?

After all BBnaija show was a Nigeria show, but were was it hosted and I presume you know.

Good morning and welcome to Nigeria!

You just have to deal with it and look for the next Tecno or Infinix phone to buy. How much is per capital income of average Nigerians or don't you know that in Nigeria class economy, lower class citizens outshine both the middle and upper class, so where do you want them to steal money from to buy Samsung, HTC and Apple phones?

In fact you need to be thanking China and Transsion Holdings for remembering Nigerians in their prayers and making special devices suitable for them.

Why do you think that Tecno and Infinix devices sell like mad in Nigeria?

Just take a deep breath and stop getting angry at a company that has done Nigerians more favour than harm cos if not there will still be too many Android jjc in the country and that should be tantamount to Nigerians in backward technology.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by directonpc(m): 6:18am On May 23, 2018
Actually Xiaomi and co make better phones. But then tecno and co are enjoying the reward of pretending to be the best alternative for Nigerians via serious publicity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Psychodavidovic(m): 6:37am On May 23, 2018
HeyCorleone:

On point. ✅

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by henrixx(m): 6:48am On May 23, 2018
Nawa

Meanwhile xiaomi marketers are coming......

6 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by bennnamdi: 7:21am On May 23, 2018
What Nigerians don't understand is all fingers are not equal, that you can afford Samsung, LG, HTC and co and others can't should not make u condemn the other. 82% of phone users in Nigeria only use it for Whatsapp, Fb, Calls, Snap etc can Techno and Infinix do that? i think yes. so if you can afford Samsung buy your Samsung while those that can afford Techno please enjoy your techno.

6 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by chawmart1: 7:25am On May 23, 2018
Great morning read. Thanks for sharing this. These products are still substandard compared to the likes of samsung and iphones. Generally, we do not have a standard of phones in this continent, so invariably anything goes.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by FuckFuckBoy(m): 7:40am On May 23, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Itel is trash i swear cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Emmaway(m): 7:40am On May 23, 2018
I'm using a Gionee device and I'm enjoying it, one man's meat is another's poison, speak for yourself OP. Just say you personally don't like the chinese brands, nobody will beat you instead of telling all Nigerians to stop using them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by JayJayGee: 8:25am On May 23, 2018
Get yourself a Redmi

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by jetz(m): 8:37am On May 23, 2018
BadBradley:
Transsion Holdings, Perhaps being the only GSM mobile manufacturing company that operates in 3 different brands, Tecno, Itel and infinix in the world, apparently in a bid to have the proverbial nine lives and seemingly seeking to take advantage of the underdevelop world, this company has launched an aggressive market campaign across Africa and other poor region of the world where consumers and experts don't have the expertise to critically appraise its products' features and claims.

It's surprising how the Chinese company failed to make its presence in China its home country with a huge market of over 1.2 billion people but came to Africa whose entire population doesn't quite measure up to China and whose political and economic stability is less predictable than China's.

A company that rarely, if ever, uses the chipset of world leaders like Qualcomm or Exynos on its phones or, the screen protective layer from global standards setter, Corning, or the class leading mobile screen technology like Amoled or LCD 3, it is no wonder no reputable mobile phone website ever lists Tecno, Infinix or Itel amongst items for review.

Worse still this is a brand that can't handle large storage Micro SD card of 64 to 126gb without dragging its fluidity down or shutting down the phone. This is a company that doesn't have its own ecosystem or backup services or cloud storage like other Android manufacturers like  LG, Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc

The listed pixel count at the back of camera doesn't reflect the quality expected and non-Adroid models have the exact same UX and UI of clone, fake phones that immitated Nokia Series 30 and 60 phones back in 2005 and 2006 across Africa.

To cap it all up, Tecno which has more customers in Nigeria than the entire population of Ethiopia has chosen to set up a manufacturing plant in Ethiopia while targeting the market here in Nigeria.

So Nigerians will be paying more to get their subpar Tecno, Itel and Infinix phones while indirectly growing the economy of Ethiopia.

Perhaps its battery life is a strong selling point but again, what's the use of a long lasting battery without exciting features to power?

Source: www.lodega.com
very much well on point very soon nobody in the lower n mid class will be able to afford any substandard tecno infinix or itel i just dy look Nigerians sha tons of other better cheaper standard products out dere dat gives value for lil money, as Nigerians we re always naive to the truth nice write up jare let those who know, know... those that choose to remain adamant shud... shikena.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 8:48am On May 23, 2018
Very very stupid thread. So let's say I have 40k and want to walk into a shop and buy a decent phone, @op come and show me the Samsung, HTC or Sony phone that I can buy for that amount. Or must I have 100k and above before I can use a phone?

I know where this thread is going. I know it's leaning thowards xiaomi. But I will say it again, let xiaomi open their offices in Nigeria, let them pay the tax tecno and infinix are paying, let them employ Nigerians, sponsor events etc. That is the only time I will credit them. Yes they make better phones than tecno and infinix at good prices, but that is mainly because their devices are shipped from overseas, no tax is paid. Where was xiaomi in those days when an ordinary man in Nigeria couldn't afford a smartphone?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Anegbettedude: 8:57am On May 23, 2018
Timi agboola is back with another moniker grin very poor work

5 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by eki2000(m): 9:17am On May 23, 2018
Emmaway:
I'm using a Gionee device and I'm enjoying it, one man's meat is another's poison, speak for yourself OP. Just say you personally don't like the chinese brands, nobody will beat you instead of telling all Nigerians to stop using them.
Gionee is an original brand and its far costly than infinix and Tecno. The list Gionee phone with a finger print is Gionee X1s and it costs #55,000 , Thats what am using. Their quality is excellent and next to samsung and Co.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by alextobi1247: 9:26am On May 23, 2018
All andriod phones are cool with me.

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by kmaster007: 10:18am On May 23, 2018
so, wch of d phone we suld go for nw
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by millomaniac: 10:29am On May 23, 2018
Lol, This OP will be mercilessly attacked and will be accused of many things because he tried to say the simple truth and educate nigerians. Fact is so many people long to use quality brands but cant because of the harsh economic reality on ground so they go for what they can afford, they convince themselves and truly believe It is the best and will aggresively defend the brand to avoid being looked down upon, they find motivation and consolation among themselves and As long as those inferior brands keeps massaging their self esteem by providing same functions the other quality brand does case is closed.

3 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by abogjohn(m): 10:35am On May 23, 2018
Well from my own point of view, the OP has little or no knowledge about how Smartphone market works... For instance Apple targets the Rich or Middle Class. Apple is not for a Man Like me because I can't afford it. Here in Africa 70% of we Africans are poor.. And company like Tecno, Infinix and Itel want us to have a little taste of what the big brands that target the Rich and Miiddle Class taste with just little money.. We should be grateful to those companies rather than throwing stones at them... If not for those companies, many will still be using Nokia Java phones..

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by llaykorn: 10:57am On May 23, 2018
Anegbettedude:
Timi agboola is back with another moniker grin very poor work

Please what was his former username?
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Brite02(m): 11:23am On May 23, 2018
laudate:

Infinix is a good device? Since when? shocked The money I wasted buying the last Infinix Note, is still annoying me. Infinix phones often develop battery problems and charging port issues, within the first few months of usage. Go and check....
For this your comment, let me be monitoring my Infinix note 4 2gb ram....I beg to disagree

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 11:26am On May 23, 2018
nonsense. my techno phone has served me perfectly for over 2 years. is it ur money. in china,uk and usa pple buy new cars easily cos of credit facilities. in uk there is something called contract phone and u pay in installments. Abeg lets manage our 35k phone. A nigerian went to china and introduced them to the african market. no big deal there. so kindly ferk off

3 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by efembaba(m): 11:32am On May 23, 2018
Pls people between gionee and xiaomi which one is better? Nd I learnt getting their parts will be difficult because of its relative in availability is it true?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Make Ram Of SD Card Android / Meet The Infinix Smart 2 And Smart 2 Pro / Here's The Infinix Hot 6X Unboxing [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.