Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week (15890 Views)

CBN Lifts Ban On BDCs, Introduces New Operational Mechanism / The Naira/yuan Swap Deal (update) / How Nigeria Will Benefit From Currency Swap Deal With China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by FriendNG: 1:23am On May 23, 2018
Standard Charted Bank AND STanbic IBTC Bank have been chosen as settlement Banks.

Stanbic Bank has an affiliate bank in China which is " ICBC (Industrial and Commercial Bank Of China) "

For more watch the video below from 5:50 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQYTm7r8ZQ8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by chukxie(m): 3:11am On May 23, 2018
FriendNG:
Standard Charted Bank AND STanbic IBTC Bank have been chosen as settlement Banks.

Stanbic Bank has an affiliate bank in China which is " ICBC (Investment and Commercial Bank Of China) "

Mynd44 Lalasticlala

ICBC ~ Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by FriendNG: 4:33am On May 23, 2018
Buhari is also an economics. The china Nigeria swap deal is a welcome development.

Well I have sighted mynd44 here this this early morning (4:28 a.m) either looking for someone to ban or looking for duplicated thread to close.

Or just maybe mynd is doing sahur now who knows.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by CTechHub(m): 6:32am On May 23, 2018
Good news. can't wait to buy goods at cheaper rate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by DAVEZONIGLTD: 10:30am On May 23, 2018
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by Riogeese(m): 10:31am On May 23, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by merits(m): 10:33am On May 23, 2018
i hope it works

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by pjecly: 10:33am On May 23, 2018
space booked

I think is a right direction to relieve the excess demand for dollar
Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:33am On May 23, 2018
cool
Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by uloewa: 10:34am On May 23, 2018
I am waiting to see that chinese exporter that will give his invoice in yuan! Too early to celebrate

1 Like

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by monaPhilz: 10:34am On May 23, 2018
Welcome development
Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by ayoadekunle79(m): 10:34am On May 23, 2018
atleast buhari travel china is fruitful dis tym around pdp how market ,,, and hope the exchange rate will not be much sha

buhari till 2023

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by EPIJOE: 10:34am On May 23, 2018
[b]FIRST EVER BRILLIANT MOVE FOR THE DULLARD SINCE IN GOVT

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by veacea: 10:34am On May 23, 2018
Correct
Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by Nobody: 10:34am On May 23, 2018
Let's see it work first before celebration because this Buhari Administration is full of lies and can do anything to get cheap political points. I don't trust lie Muhammed. 2. If it is true, let's see how they will manage it in a way that it won't turn other way round just like they turn Nigerian economy the other way round in the name of repairing it. Most of them are bunch of illiterate who want to be in position by force. May all enemies of this country never see joy at the end of their life. Amen

1 Like

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by chisure: 10:35am On May 23, 2018
Nigerians and their awkward way of doing things. Why not try DOLLAR

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by Nobody: 10:35am On May 23, 2018
monaPhilz:
Welcome development

A very good one. cheesy
Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by pawesome(m): 10:36am On May 23, 2018
ayoadekunle79:
atleast buhari travel china is fruitful dis tym around
pdp how market ,,, and hope the exchange rate will not be much sha

buhari till 2023
the other countries wey him dn go nkoh?....buhari went to China during his first year...now its almost 4 before a deal was signed...how long will it take to start working that is if it ever will

1 Like

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by ribbit: 10:37am On May 23, 2018
niceeeeee

thank goodness I have Stanbic account.
Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by Chibuzoc(m): 10:37am On May 23, 2018
Some importers like me will benefit from this grin

1 Like

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by pawesome(m): 10:37am On May 23, 2018
uloewa:
I am waiting to see that chinese exporter that will give his invoice in yuan! Too early to celebrate
very early grin
Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by Bustincole(m): 10:37am On May 23, 2018
I hope dey swap wit sense

just sayin

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by Fuadeiza(m): 10:38am On May 23, 2018
Explanation to me please, how this would help?

I'm not an ecomomist

1 Like

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by PassingShot(m): 10:38am On May 23, 2018
[s]
pawesome:
the other countries wey him dn go nkoh?....buhari went to China during his first year...now its almost 4 before a deal was signed...how long will it take to start working that is if it ever will
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by mamaafrik(m): 10:39am On May 23, 2018
people with better knowledge About this subject ,can you people explain the pros and cos of this deal.
Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by IJOBA2: 10:39am On May 23, 2018
ayoadekunle79:
atleast buhari travel china is fruitful dis tym around
pdp how market ,,, and hope the exchange rate will not be much sha

buhari till 2023
I TIRE FOR YORUBA MUSLIMS angry

1 Like

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by dryakson(m): 10:47am On May 23, 2018
mamaafrik:
people with better knowledge About this subject ,can you people explain the pros and cos of this deal.
IN CASE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

I know Most of You don't know the meaning of Nigeria naira/yuan swap with China.. And why American government is desperately smoothing their relationship with Nigeria.

This is a clearer picture of the deal and it's effects on our economy and way of life.

Soon, you may be buying that techno phone you bought at N80,000 for N12, 000 .

The Central Bank of Nigeria have finally signed the currency swap deal we have been expecting for the past 2 years with the Chinese government.

The importance of this is that since almost 70% of the goods we import come from China and Asia and only about a meagre 12% come from America, why must we use Dollars to transact with China?

Thus, with the new deal, instead of using dollars at N350 to 1dollar to import those goods, we can now buy Yuan at 47 naira to 1 Yuan and import those stuffs directly. Therefore, Instead of buying these goods in dollars in China, we will now buy them in Yuan at 5 times cheaper than their dollar rates.

Meanwhile, it should be noted that China is now the highest importer of our crude. This means that our trade with them can be on Naira/Yuan basis.

This is a giant stride that our media needs to disseminate. It's a great achievement by this administration in its effort at repositioning our economy.

This may be a reason why our past selfish leaders may not want Buhari to continue in office to protect their families who are beneficiaries of high forex rate.

Of course, with d new deal, d demand for dollars will nose dive, with an attendant crash in its price.
From tomorrow, try to monitor exchange rate. Some of those guys who hoarded foreign currencies to make gains will off load them in order not to have heart attack over their huge loss arising from the currency swap deal with china.
Dollars and pounds will flood everywhere with no buyers, as the buyers will draw naira from their accounts in banks with presence in China.

Many NIGERIA banks will be seeking to have their representative office in China like first bank who saw to the future and already have office in China.
Inflation will go down drastically because of the price of commodities that will drop.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by ritababe(f): 10:54am On May 23, 2018
dryakson:

I know Most of You don't know the meaning of Nigeria naira/yuan swap with China.. And why American government is desperately smoothing their relationship with Nigeria.

This is a clearer picture of the deal and it's effects on our economy and way of life.

The Central Bank of Nigeria have finally signed the currency swap deal we have been expecting for the past 2 years with the Chinese government.

The importance of this is that since almost 70% of the goods we import come from China and Asia and only about a meagre 12% come from America, why must we use Dollars to transact with China?

Thus, with the new deal, instead of using dollars at N350 to 1dollar to import those goods, we can now buy Yuan at 47 naira to 1 Yuan and import those stuffs directly. Therefore, Instead of buying these goods in dollars in China, we will now buy them in Yuan at 5 times cheaper than their dollar rates.

Meanwhile, it should be noted that China is now the highest importer of our crude. This means that our trade with them can be on Naira/Yuan basis.

This is a giant stride that our media needs to disseminate. It's a great achievement by this administration in its effort at repositioning our economy.

This may be a reason why our past selfish leaders may not want Buhari to continue in office to protect their families who are beneficiaries of high forex rate.

Of course, with d new deal, d demand for dollars will nose dive, with an attendant crash in its price.
From tomorrow, try to monitor exchange rate. Some of those guys who hoarded foreign currencies to make gains will off load them in order not to have heart attack over their huge loss arising from the currency swap deal with china.
Dollars and pounds will flood everywhere with no buyers, as the buyers will draw naira from their accounts in banks with presence in China.

Many NIGERIA banks will be seeking to have their representative office in China like first bank who saw to the future and already have office in China.
Inflation will go down drastically because of the price of commodities that will drop.

I hope this is true, can't wait.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by docadams: 10:56am On May 23, 2018
FriendNG:

Stanbic Bank has an affiliate bank in China which is " ICBC (Industrial and Commercial Bank Of China) "

For once, something good has come out of Stanbic Bank IBTC. Now I have something to use my account for.
Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by Gucciboss: 10:57am On May 23, 2018
dryakson:

Mr copy and paste, why can't you just at least go through what you copied? Buy techno of 80k with 12k? Are you for real? China the highest importer of Nigerian crude, any data to back it up? As of January, India remains the highest importer of Nigerian crude oil.

Nigeria Import from China is 17% as of 2017. Don't tell me that it jumped to 70% in one year
Stop lies and misinformation.

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by Gucciboss: 11:04am On May 23, 2018
ritababe:

I hope this is true, can't wait.

Please disregard the copy and paste man!
Just make your research by yourself.
Re: CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week by naijaboiy: 11:07am On May 23, 2018
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anyone Going Into Online Import Business From China? / How Profitable Is Eatery Business? / Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.