Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students (10300 Views)

Toyosi Was "Wrongfully Restrained" by the Suspects - Police Release Statement / Yahoo Plus Boy Caught Cutting A Niger Delta University Student's Neck / Rearrest Of Kidnapper Wadume: Police Release Statement (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by Mztarstrechy(m): 9:17am On May 23, 2018
Just In: POLICE PRESS RELEASE

NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY (NDU) UNREST
The attention of Bayelsa State Police command has been drawn to spurious claims that security operatives has shot two individuals protesting at the Niger Delta University,Amassoma. This information is unfounded and it is a misrepresentation of true fact.

Following the on going reforms by the Bayelsa State Government, in Ministries, Agencies and Parastatals in the State. Some workers of the Niger Delta University (NDU) Amassoma, protested and shot down the gate of the university for over one month. This fragmented the Staff of the university into pro and anti reforms. Evidently, some non workers of the Niger Delta University had infiltrated the riotous crowd.

The vice chancellor of the Niger Delta University and some critical stakeholders reached an agreement to reopen the school. Therefore the school authority informed the Bayelsa State Police Command through a letter,to provide security in the university to prevent hoodlums from stealing the property of the university.

Consequently, on 21stMay 2018, the command deployed security personnel to the university. On arrival at the gate,the detachment of Policemen met a hostile crowd, who fired shots at them. The Police had to use reasonable force to contain the hostile protesters. In the ensuing melee, two Police Officers were injured, five Police vehicles vandalized and the protesters attacked the Amassoma Police Division. Meanwhile, eighteen (18) suspects have been arrested for riotous behavior, attacked on Police Station and Police Officers. The suspects will soon be charge to court.

The Command has also rescued Eighty (80) Youth Corpers who are vulnerable to attack, from Amassoma Community and were handed over to the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Officials in Yenagoa.

The command wishes to re-echo an earlier warning concerning unauthorized and unlawful gathering of persons or group of persons, without a duly approved police permit. The command recognizes the constitutional rights of law abiding citizens for procession, picketing or other forms of protest, but these rights must be exercised within the confines of the law. The command will process and provide security cover for any legitimate procession or public protest which is part of democratic policing.

The command has deployed additional security personnel to contain the protesters and restore normalcy in Amassoma community.

The command wishes to solicit for cooperation of good and well-meaning people of Amassoma community, to be law abiding and to report any suspicious movement of persons to the nearest Police Station

DSP ASINIM BUTSWAT POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
BAYELSA STATE COMMAND

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/05/police-release-statement-on-alleged.html?m=1

Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by EzendiEgo1: 9:27am On May 23, 2018
This information is unfounded and it is a misrepresentation of true fact.

Story for the Gods

If it wasn't the Police force that shot Student yesterday then Who committed this genocide

This is why am telling my parents sell your lands and allow me to go UK or America University but the two dude will never hear.

God have mercy on them because if I eventually find his file, surely I will sell his land.

You can't bring me come this world and you still want to suffer my existence.

Never

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by Ajoboss(m): 9:43am On May 23, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Story for the Gods

If it wasn't the Police force that shot Student yesterday then Who committed this genocide

This is why am telling me parents sell your lands and allow me to go UK or America University but the two dude will never hear.

God have mercy on them because if I eventually find his file, surely I will sell his land.
oh boy u harsh oh,don't b a reble o....just keep talking one day he will see reason
But truth b told if person get Money bfor na to sch abroad b d koko o
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by EzendiEgo1: 9:45am On May 23, 2018
Ajoboss:
oh boy u harsh oh,don't b a reble o....just keep talking one day he will see reason
But truth b told if person get Money bfor na to sch abroad b d koko o
the man no even care

All he say is a waste of money to school abroad.

They will see my rebellious character very soon
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by Ajoboss(m): 9:48am On May 23, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
the man no even care

lol..bros abeg o
Na ndu teach u dis one?
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by yomalex(m): 11:00am On May 23, 2018
serious
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by ishowdotgmail(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2018
Transmission error
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2018
NPF is your friend
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by DonMoga(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2018
SALUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by damtan(m): 11:04am On May 23, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Story for the Gods

This is why am telling my parents sell your lands and allow me to go UK or America University but the two dude will never hear.

omo, you dey vex oooo
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by EzendiEgo1: 11:07am On May 23, 2018
Big time
damtan:
omo, you dey vex oooo
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by EzendiEgo1: 11:08am On May 23, 2018
Ajoboss:
lol..bros abeg o
Na ndu teach u dis one?
who be ndu
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by Nobody: 11:13am On May 23, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Story for the Gods

Never

Your father will hear of this.
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by Nobody: 11:15am On May 23, 2018
Nigeria police and military are operated by herdsmen killers in APC and Buhari's government's uniforms.

Remember: IGP Idris is an herdsman.
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by Assassin101: 11:20am On May 23, 2018
what else do you expect from the disreputable force whose IG is a confusing waste of sperm transmission
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by frank41(m): 11:37am On May 23, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Story for the Gods

Never

That means you want to attract your parents curse instead of blessing cos no matter what,their blessings are needed for success
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by Lordspicy(m): 11:37am On May 23, 2018
shithole force
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by Ajoboss(m): 11:39am On May 23, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
who be ndu
sorry boss,thought u were a student in NDU
Anyways goodluck with d abroad thing
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by debolayinka(m): 11:39am On May 23, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Story for the Gods

Never

Become a child worth sending abroad first.
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by Sirpaul(m): 11:39am On May 23, 2018
Onye nbu na onye ikpeazu
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by asksteve(m): 11:48am On May 23, 2018
NPF and lies!!!
My greatest joy is Karma is a bitch n knows no bound.
Mr. PRO, today its someone else's children u are lying about d cause of their death, tomorrow someone else will do same abt your children or those close to you.
I don't know why Nigerians despise truth immediately they hold public office.
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by BruncleZuma: 11:52am On May 23, 2018
Nigerian Police and Falsehood...who will deliver us..if the IYC was not a bunch of self-serving twerps I'd have asked them to intervene.

5 dead so far...
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:58am On May 23, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
the man no even care

Take heart and look for other avenues to develop yourself. Not every parent understands the importance of foreign education but that should not stop you from becoming who you want to be. Charles Soludo is the greatest CBN governor in Nigerian history and he had all his education at the University of Nsukka
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by Moji12(f): 11:59am On May 23, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Story for the Gods

Never
abeg go work for ur money cos de owe u nada, u will soon v children n know how it feels to be rebellious against one's parent
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by magicminister: 12:17pm On May 23, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Story for the Gods

Never

Have you applied for visa interview?
Bro, get the visa first!
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by Fuyhuse: 12:39pm On May 23, 2018
yomalex:
serious
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by RZArecta2(m): 12:43pm On May 23, 2018
Dickson has shed blood on Amassoma land, he shall reap his harvest very soon cool
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by gabbie77: 1:18pm On May 23, 2018
cry
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 23, 2018
LMAO who needs to pass through the main gate to steal in NDU. Big lies I see lies everywhere
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by SexytorresE(f): 2:15pm On May 23, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Story for the Gods

Never
sharp guy � kiss
Re: Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students by Angrymode: 2:47pm On May 23, 2018
Mztarstrechy:
Just In: POLICE PRESS RELEASE
The Command has also rescued Eighty (80) Youth Corpers who are vulnerable to attack, from Amassoma Community and were handed over to the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Officials in Yenagoa

What kind of wicked lie is this
Why will Amassoma people attack corp members?

The days of Dickson are surely numbered with his atrocities!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Isaac Nduka Eya Kidnapped With His Driver. N15m Ransom Demanded / How To Steal A Fowl This Christmas / Yahoo Boys Stripped Unclad In Sagamu For Killing Girl For Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.