Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,888 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying (38015 Views)

Why Do Divorced People Always Remarry,i Don't Get It / DNA Test Saga Has Made Some Ladies Reveal Their Secrets ( Pics Included / Divorced Summed Up In Seven Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by newsynews: 1:07pm On May 23, 2018
Some divorced people on AskReddit have shared what they see as red flags in a relationship which they say people preparing to get married should not ignore.

1. If they cheated on someone before, odds are they’ll do it again.

Reddit user Shaughnmc shared:

During a discussion, she commented on how a couple years prior she slept with a guy that she really liked. The timing seemed wrong, since I knew she was dating another guy around that same time. When I asked if she had broken up with the one guy before she slept with the other, her response was “In my mind I had.”

History repeated itself.

2. Sometimes being mean is just that.

OnSleeplessRoads advised that being mean shouldn’t be excused as being “honest”. Mean is mean.

3. It’s important to be compatible financially.

For Noredditfamous, the sign that all wasn’t well was when his bride wanted more than he could give financially.

Insisting on a wedding dress more than i could afford. Refusing to understand it was too much for me.

4. If you’re not sure, it might not be right.

Bizzle_worldwide said:

I married my first wife extremely quickly. She wanted to get married, I didn’t want to break up.

The day of my wedding, my friends asked me how I was feeling, and my response was ‘Well, I can always get divorced.’

Don’t settle. Marry someone you really, truly love and can see spending your life with. That you’ll still want to hang out with when you’re both old, and fat, and infirm.

I’m remarried, and it makes the world of difference. When you’re with the right person, you know it. If you don’t know it, you probably aren’t with the right person.

5. If your partner pulls a Tristan Thompson, watch out.

Cygnus875 said:

I was on bed-rest while pregnant with our son, due to preterm labor (5 months). I was told no sex as that could start the labor again. Even though we were living together and engaged, and the child was his, he decided that since I was not putting out, under doctor orders, that it was not considered cheating to go have sex with a 19 year old. We were married 15 years and he never would agree that he cheated. It was my fault for withholding.

6. You should be absolutely positive about this decision when you walk down the aisle.

RonSwansonsOldMan wrote:

My gut feeling that I was marrying the wrong person, as I was walking down the aisle.

7. You should be excited to spend time with your significant other.

I enjoyed my time away from him more than time with him. I would get super depressed when i knew he was going to be home from work soon. I brushed it off as being “antisocial” or “independent”.

But now I’m with someone who I’m still excited to see every single day after 7 years and I’m still antisocial and independent.

— Snukes42Q

8. The apple usually doesn’t fall far from the three.

Her family. I thought a rose had grown from sh*t. I was wrong. It was a sh*t garden that grew nothing else.

— dummystupid

9. If his own mom doesn’t have faith in him, neither should you.

Before we got married, his mom said “If you ever get divorced, we will know it was because of him and not you.” Huge red flag, and all I thought was “Wow, what a mean thing to say about your own son!”

— dragonheartstring1

10. You should probably know your bae’s middle name before tying the knot.

When we were filling out the marriage certificate in the courthouse I remember thinking, “huh, so that’s your middle name.”

— pdxcranberry

11. Trust your friends if they tell you this person isn’t a good choice.

A few friends who knew her told me “Don’t do it. She’s a liar”. In hindsight they were totally right.

— tank_of_happiness

12. Seriously, people. Trust your inner circle!

I found out after my divorce all my friends (and family) thought it was a mistake. I wish they’d told me beforehand, but I guess I ignored lots of other red flags…

— rhapsodyknit

13. Your partner should never scare you.

Once, about a month after we moved in together, he got angry and he got REALLY dark and even somewhat scary. I dismissed it as an aberration, a one-time thing that didn’t reflect how he “really” was. Big, big mistake.

My gut told me he was a good guy, but apparently my gut was broken.

— AnyVictory

14. If they’re lying about the small stuff, odds are they’re lying about the big stuff.

Lies about small seemingly insignificant things, but often. If they can lie about something small, but often, they definitely can lie when it’s something big. Small example; meet my ex-wife’s friend and she introduced her as her sister. No problem with this, except when her “sister” needs to barrow money and what not. Didn’t even find out she wasn’t her sister until years into the marriage.

— savemoney2121

15. If your mom sees your union as the “biggest mistake of your life,” it’s probably not the best sign.

Standing around five minutes before the wedding starts my mother says “if we get in the car and leave now I will never say another word, you are making the biggest mistake of your life”

— Ropes4u

https://www.wotzup.ng/15-divorced-people-reveal-subtle-red-flags-ignored-before-marrying/

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by TRADELYN: 1:48pm On May 23, 2018
Hmmm lipsrsealed

SINCE 2010, GET QUICK & EXCELLENT RESEARCH PROJECTS, BUSINESS PLANS, etc @ https://www.nairaland.com/tradelyn

1 Like

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by makkosky(m): 4:59pm On May 23, 2018
what can i say?

Just check my signature
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Emmyziski(m): 5:00pm On May 23, 2018
Getting married when broke is a setup, that's the only red flag I see.
Guys, never get married until you're a certified billionaire.
YES, that's what we are faced with in our generation, if only you know the hustle mindset of the present youths, you'll also know that very soon, if you're a millionaire, you are as irrelevant as one of the b_oobs left out during a makeout session.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by superior1: 5:00pm On May 23, 2018
Mine is quite simple

If you don’t trust her; don’t thrust her

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by niqqa(m): 5:01pm On May 23, 2018
Funny but true

2 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Helmene(m): 5:02pm On May 23, 2018
Cool

1 Like

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by damijoe77: 5:02pm On May 23, 2018
tnx.no spiritual mataz dis tym

3 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by soledayo(m): 5:03pm On May 23, 2018
This is exactly how it is. I noticed stuffs like but went ahead... Short of it all....just managing my marriage. God help me.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Caris77: 5:04pm On May 23, 2018
Always heed to these signals and many marriages wont crash.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Osasnidas(m): 5:04pm On May 23, 2018
Wow
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Angy55(f): 5:05pm On May 23, 2018
Point 1 and 14 has no remedy. It's in the blood, it runs through the vein.
Once I see those signs I back off.

15 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by ezera(m): 5:05pm On May 23, 2018
God help me.

1 Like

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Chumani(f): 5:05pm On May 23, 2018
Always heed to the advice and warning given to you, it could lead to one's doom eternerly.

1 Like

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by uuzba(m): 5:06pm On May 23, 2018
Good advice.
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Ronpet777(m): 5:06pm On May 23, 2018
Makes a whole lot of sense. Look well before u leap. Cos going back might reap u apart.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by PassionateSoul(m): 5:07pm On May 23, 2018
Lemme digress a bit. See eh, I'm looking for a girlfriend, if you're young beautiful smart and goal driven, holla me. Will be glad to hear from you.

1 Like

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by somziency: 5:07pm On May 23, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by SQLmastar(m): 5:07pm On May 23, 2018
16...If she's extremely good and hot in bed. Do not think twice, she's an olosho0 sad.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by MarieSucre(f): 5:08pm On May 23, 2018
Nice thread. Nigerian version loading.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by MarieSucre(f): 5:09pm On May 23, 2018
soledayo:
This is exactly how it is. I noticed stuffs like but went ahead... Short of it all....just managing my marriage. God help me.

Sorry about your marriage, have you tried to go for marriage counseling.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by SoapQueen(f): 5:09pm On May 23, 2018
I concur.
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Apina(m): 5:10pm On May 23, 2018
Marriage is all about; what rubbish can you take?. Marry someone whose faults or shortcomings u can tolerate cos we all have our own issues undecided

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 23, 2018
Everybody gave red painted all over them here. You just gotta take that step and hope for the best.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Marvyx(m): 5:10pm On May 23, 2018
To marry come dy fear person sad

6 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by raumdeuter: 5:10pm On May 23, 2018
No formular for these things, Some people had the same feeling and have succesful marriages

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by koikoi2(m): 5:10pm On May 23, 2018
Rubbish. Flimsy reasons.

1 Like

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by vertueptime: 5:15pm On May 23, 2018
PassionateSoul:
Lemme digress a bit. See eh, I'm looking for a girlfriend, if you're young beautiful smart and goal driven, holla me. Will be glad to hear from you.

Keep digressing, abeg any babe in the house should help this guy out so wel stop seeing his posts on this.

1 Like

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Rapsino(m): 5:16pm On May 23, 2018
Nice word. So many people r getting married because of children, money n time (especially girls ask linda) not because of love. My believe has always been "let love find yhu". As a young man of 27 I don't have a girlfriend not because I can't but because I am sitting waiting for the my love to come. Yes I am sitting. Of course I do relate with girls, but I am not putting force. If I approach you to be a friend and u r acting reluctant n running away. I move on. I know one day there will be one that I will approach and I will not force myself for attention and I will get it. That girl will be my wife. My advice to young guys is don't waste your time toasting a lady upandan. Sit

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Silvermoney: 5:17pm On May 23, 2018
SQLmastar:
16...If she's extremely good and hot in bed. Do not think twice, she's an olosho0 sad.

I don't want a sexually charged wife. All these women who are always hot and ready for action scare me marriage wise. When you have children, flabby body sets in, post baby big stomach that is almost permanent with many women, and overfamiliarity blurs the initial lust and attractiveness. Your desire to have sex with her as a man would drop. And yet she would still expect you to be pumping her regularly with the vigor you would if you meet a new sexy 22 year old girl. Simply not possible.

It doesn't work. I don't want that at all.

11 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by HRHQueenPhil(f): 5:18pm On May 23, 2018
u want a deeper life feminist so u can have an excuse to cheat abi?
Silvermoney:

I don't want a sexually charged wife.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by DIKEnaWAR: 5:19pm On May 23, 2018
True

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Years Old Boy Trapped In 330ft Deep Hole For One Week In Spain(Photos) / Man Who Married Sister In Anambra Undergoes Spiritual Cleansing With 7 Virgins / Wife Fights Her Husband After She Was Told To Pack Out. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.