Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,333 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad (26775 Views)

DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad / Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad / Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by obajoey(m): 5:42pm On May 23, 2018
my testimony is on its way.

1 Like

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by agarawu23(m): 5:54pm On May 23, 2018
A return ticket is always important. Even if u plan not to come back soon. Expat will know that better cool

2 Likes

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by alhassanyusuf29(m): 6:00pm On May 23, 2018
i have been to nothing less than 11 countries
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:04pm On May 23, 2018
agarawu23:
A return ticket is always important. Even if u plan not to come back soon. Expat will know that better cool
Ok
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by mystery22: 6:05pm On May 23, 2018
phr0nesis:
1. Do not be overexcited

2. Don't ever think that is all going to be a bed of roses when you get there

3. Try not to break any law

4. Try not to take me seriously because even Portharcourt I never smell
bro I feel a miracle happening in ur life.

1 Like

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by teabully(m): 6:12pm On May 23, 2018
Tips Baba should follow come 2019 to Daura
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Geenosko: 6:16pm On May 23, 2018
If you have a virgin passport
Get ready to drop something at the immigration desk when leaving naija.

1 Like

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 23, 2018
agarawu23:
True. A one way ticket gives the immigration officials that you may have plans to port grin, esp if your passport is anaemic.
I have even had a friend denied entry cos he only had a one way ticket.

1 Like

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Edimogb: 6:41pm On May 23, 2018
when you get there don't think of coming back till Buhari is out of aso rock.
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by phr0nesis(m): 6:56pm On May 23, 2018
mystery22:
bro I feel a miracle happening in ur life.
Amen my brother

1 Like

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 23, 2018
niqqa:
God I know my time is coming when I'll travel out of this shithole

...with your Smiling Picture in the International Passport of the Shithole. Right? grin
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Forpink2: 7:44pm On May 23, 2018
rhanks
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by 3millionia: 9:03pm On May 23, 2018
post=67814294:

Immigrant visa takes 6 months.....
I am not sure about others.

Thanks I'll research more on Google
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:20pm On May 23, 2018
Geenosko:
If you have a virgin passport
Get ready to drop something at the immigration desk when leaving naija.
Lol, 4 of them asked me at the last departure point...
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Donreiy: 9:21pm On May 23, 2018
i just felt this sweet feeling of staying abroad...... Thanks for the thread O.P.
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by greenprince(m): 9:24pm On May 23, 2018
phr0nesis:
1. Do not be overexcited

2. Don't ever think that is all going to be a bed of roses when you get there

3. Try not to break any law

4. Try not to take me seriously because even Portharcourt I never smell

Doesn't matter, point 2 and 3 are very valid

1 Like

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by bezimo(m): 1:07am On May 24, 2018
and also when you are at the airport and have checked in..hold your hand luggage tightly and don't watch anybody luggage for them...So someone don't manipulate you and put drugs inside your bag to carry without you knowing and set you up for big trouble.
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by sweetilicious(f): 3:59am On May 24, 2018
ok
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by jman77(m): 10:14am On May 24, 2018
post=67820028:

Lol, 4 of them asked me at the last departure point...
how much did you offer each of them?
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:21am On May 24, 2018
jman77:
how much did you offer each of them?
I told them I just gave all my naira out there before stepping in, that I have no cash with me anymore.
And that was it.

It wasn't by force.
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by jman77(m): 10:47am On May 24, 2018
post=67832845:

I told them I just gave all my naira out there before stepping in, that I have no cash with me anymore.
And that was it.

It wasn't by force.
That's brave! I heard they even ask for dollars,had a sister that dropped #30k, reason?! She said they said cos she's having a V passport.mehn! I almost disowned her cheesy
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:49am On May 24, 2018
jman77:
That's brave! I heard they even ask for dollars,had a sister that dropped #30k, reason?! She said they said cos she's having a V passport.mehn! I almost disowned her cheesy
That is serious.
And maybe I was only lucky tho...
That was my 1st time too.....
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by jman77(m): 10:54am On May 24, 2018
post=67833739:

That is serious.
And maybe I was only lucky tho...
That was my 1st time too.....
I believe its your appearance and composure though... I hate giving these guys money in any level, makes me feel magad

1 Like

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by judondasylva(m): 11:45am On May 24, 2018
DABMarkNig2019:
watin concern me?
Buhari has made international travels difficult because of the crazy exchange rate.

e get visa wea i buy self but no money to travel. who's interested abeg i wan sell am
which visa is that and how much is it?
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Ratello: 11:57am On May 24, 2018
ednut1:
Arriving abroad at night is depressing. From the plane u can see the well lit city. Den u rememeber ur own country and be like who curse us

Something I can relate to you are right
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 11:59am On May 24, 2018
judondasylva:
which visa is that and how much is it?
Them dey buy visa too?
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Mikeiron78(m): 3:50pm On May 24, 2018
The most important thing, use deodorant before you get on the plane, when you get off the plane, wash yourself, chew mint gums, and make sure you don't let the smell of sweat embarrass you, watch your surrounding and blend, hold doors for people behind you especially ladies.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Air Peace Commences Flight From Abuja To Ibadan (Photos) / Man Survives After His Car Was Crushed By A Heavy Duty Vehicle (photos) / Son Of AbdurRasheed Adetokunbo Adenowo Dies In Accident At Lagos-badagry Express

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.