Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Sh*me On FG; No Single Active Radiotherapy Machine - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sh*me On FG; No Single Active Radiotherapy Machine (348 Views)

Doctors kick over FG’s ‘No Work, No Pay’ rule / World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria / World Cancer Day: Only 8 Teaching Hospitals Have Radiotherapy Machines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sh*me On FG; No Single Active Radiotherapy Machine by kaleam(m): 5:39pm On May 23, 2018
Exactly 1year ago, my mother undergoes 6 hours brain surgery to remove Meningioma which is causing her seizure, vision loss and serious headache, after the surgery, she suffers serious fiver and was recuperating...

the seizure and headache was gone, vision is coming back slowly, we are all happy only to know that a small part of it was still in her head and regrowing, her doctor advises that she under goes a radiotherapy to kill it, which he will refers her to Abuja.

unfortunately, all Nigeria's radiotherapy machines are faulty, so she will have to undergo another brain surgery..., now she is heartbroken and lose hope...

I'm happy that she can be treated with the surgery here, or the radiotherapy abroad, but what of those that can't afford to leave the country??

sh*me on the ACP led government of Buhari and the minister of health in particular
Re: Sh*me On FG; No Single Active Radiotherapy Machine by sartorius(m): 6:16pm On May 23, 2018
The budgetary allocation to health is dysmal. 2018 budget for health is 88 billion although johesu is demanding for extra 22 billion to increase their salaries to be almost at par with doctors.
Cancer cases are propping up rapidly across the country asides the linac machines bought by obasanjo vamed, there has been little investment. The present Government earmaked billions this year to acquire machines but buhari has perfomed woefully in implementing projects.
Part problem with the health sector is poor funding.

(1) (Reply)

Herblin Complex, Proper Medication For Reproductive Issues. / Reasons Hypertension Is Known As 21st Century Sickness / Health Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.