Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited (77566 Views)

Tension In Onitsha Market Over Lga’s Planned Demolition Of Shops / Rising Ethnic Tension Between Hausa And Fulani By Farooq A. Kperogi / Peter Obi Visits Scene Of The Fire Incident At Onitsha Market (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by BabaRamota1980: 11:24pm On May 23, 2018
Just join the RESTRUCTURING TRAIN. Shyyte like this will come to end.

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by malware: 11:26pm On May 23, 2018
Ogonimilitant:
Why would the useless Abboki go to invite military? is this not a civil matter they should have called police?. Thanks to the brave Igbo guys You cant intimidate an Igbo man. Meanwhile in another story,q Abokki arrested Afonja iman in Ilorin inside the mosque while he was preaching on how to get their syate take over by Abokki, he is still under detaintion inside cell.

The othe Oba is still in prison for 2yrs counting in t!e hands of Abokis

English master.
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by progress69: 11:28pm On May 23, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
firstly, this is an abuse of the military. an insult to the Nigerian military. that the military would be called to a trivial case like this is abhorring. this is a chairman's case.

secondly, the reporter is biased. we do not know what happened really. some igbo men are known to display hostility toward northerners or other tribes who do not speak igbo. they feel superior to everyone and want to get the first seat and they insult people for no reason.

thirdly, this might chase many customers away. igbo men make a lot of cash from hausa customers.

everything is translated into tribe and racism. I do not see it happening here. the hausa man does not speak igbo and the mob might have scared him. if I were the one i would definitely do the same. because the people in that onitsha market act too wise and too aggressive.

i love the way they stood up against the military and this is a warning to other clients that the military does not have the ultimate power. they will surely try to solve the issues before it escalates.

but where is the chairman's presence all along? all customers should know who to report to when they face unfair treatment. the reason this case got to the chairman's office is that the military got involved. would the chairman have paid any attention had the military not come?

is there a hotline that customers can reach to report any challenge?

is the chairman's office at a visible range or central location that customers can easily reach?

the fact is that the chairman allows traders to sell fake good and write fake invoice. many people have fallen victims to onitsha marketers. they all know but they think that they are smarter than everyone else. when one is faced with a case like that only the military intervention is sure.

you can quote and insult me but the truth never changes.

the one that hausa man did is worthy of an announcement. but the crimes committed in onithsa market daily is called wisdom. the fake goods and fake drugs sold there to kill people. why is no one reporting it?

if you stand up to military provocation against one igbo man, what stops you from standing up against the thousands of innocent people dying from fake good and fake drugs produced in onitsha market?
that is what honesty is all about i guess.

Lol. As i dey read the the thing...i just skip.

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Papertrail11(m): 11:29pm On May 23, 2018
plus one to the igbo guys

i and my friend were havn a convo this night and we con luded that this country is a shithole

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Sarkin: 11:29pm On May 23, 2018
Jolar101:

You mumu o.... the herdsmen that threw at group of persons for asking him to leave their market place, did, the right thing

Too much of hatred for Igbo is blocking your medulla processor.

I can never hate Igbos
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by SoNature(m): 11:30pm On May 23, 2018
And one idiot was arguing with me that Hausa people don't own Nigerian military

Nairaland has made kids and adults to be age mates

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Sarkin: 11:30pm On May 23, 2018
kenex4ever:
all ur posts on this forum are all about ethnic sentiments.

Kettle calling pot black
na only ipob I dey lambast

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by MicroBox: 11:32pm On May 23, 2018
The soldiers were equally there to avart what could have been resulted to violence..
Same thing would have happen if Igbo man run to the barrack to complain.
People should stop tribalism and let Nigeria move forward.

5 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by MYHUBBY: 11:33pm On May 23, 2018
OfficialRasheed:
What will Yoruba Muslims say

we say locate your sense before it get too late. this is a fight btw masters and slaves. we ain't the chairman of Onitsha market

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by justtoodark: 11:35pm On May 23, 2018
thier are igbos in the nigerian army too...you easterners think too shallow....

do you realy think a igbo in the nigerian army will not shot another igbo in the east....?

the nigerian army has nothing to do with ethnicities.......

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by MarieSucre(f): 11:35pm On May 23, 2018
I'm trying to make sense of the topic but I can't even see road because everything has turned to tribal sentiments. Just imagine the force we would be if we united and held our leaders accountable, but we are more interested in ethnic squabbles. Nigerians please let's leave all these aside for now. We have a greater foe.

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by justtoodark: 11:37pm On May 23, 2018
MarieSucre:
I'm trying to make sense of the topic but I can't even see road because everything has turned to tribal sentiments. Just imagine the force we would if we united and held pour leaders accountable, buy we are more interested in ethnic squabbles. Nigerians please let's leave all these aside for now. We have a greater foe.

ofcourse it doesnt make sense......

are they trying to tell us their are no igbos in the nigerian military......?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Ibrahim505(m): 11:37pm On May 23, 2018
What I observed from the story are:
The ethnic minority there knows the right place to channel their grievances

The government is desperate to ensure security of lives and properties there

Igbo leaders are sabotaging government move to ensure security in the north east

There is high level of frustration and depression within that community making them to always forget that there brothers are also scattered in the north for their business.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by justtoodark: 11:41pm On May 23, 2018
funny part is,the same people that fought democraticaly to keep nigeria toghether are trying today to divide nigeria.....

ironic....!!

they even put it in the nigerian constiution back then........

easterners are funny people....

did that cvck sucker lugard wrote the nigerian constitution....?

if not,who wrote it......

and bloody who signed it....!!!!.... ?

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by OBJlive: 11:43pm On May 23, 2018
I am a witness to a similar incident where a young man who was staying in my neighborhood had a fight with Hausa guy whom he pummelled badly and he quickly went to a nearby company where a detachment of military men were working and two Hausa soldiers immediately followed him .But he got whiff of it and ran away they came and beatup neighbours who were around and broke into his apartment (upon realizing he had escaped) and packed all his belonging outside the house. They didn't stop there, they ordered that that guy should pack from the neighborhood.
One of the soldiers who later joined them was a Christian and he insisted that they must not do anything bad but they insisted they would shoot him since they did not invite him.
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by MicroBox: 11:45pm On May 23, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

It has always been like this. We are not naturally the same. Our culture, history, and language are naturally different. Nigeria should not have existed. This is why we must correct the mistake by splitting the country.
Wait till the oyel dry off..
40billion dollers lost on fake/fail projects in ten years by NDDC yet, you people claim to be wise and always act as victim.. Go hold your kinsmen.
That can never happen in the north or southwest.

3 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by justtoodark: 11:48pm On May 23, 2018
OBJlive:
I am a witness to a similar incident where a young man who was staying in my neighborhood had a fight with Hausa guy whom he pummelled badly and he quickly went to a nearby company where a detachment of military men were working and two Hausa soldiers immediately followed him .But he got whiff of it and ran away they came and beatup neighbours who were around and broke into his apartment (upon realizing he had escaped) and packed all his belonging outside the house. They didn't stop there, they ordered that that guy should pack from the neighborhood.
One of the soldiers who later joined them was a Christian and he insisted that they must not do anything bad but they insisted they would shoot him since they did not invite him.

i have no problems with hausas....i dont understand what you are talking about.....

individual stuff....a german can quarrel with a frensh....a russian can quarrel with a chinese....its normal stuff.........

i quarrel with people when i leave my apartment and they are nigerians too....

i can quarrel with you because of sit place in a bus.....nothing special.....

and i have people that like me.......ofcourse i will summon them to win......

its human instincts........

realy nothing special......

3 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by MarieSucre(f): 11:50pm On May 23, 2018
justtoodark:

ofcourse it doesnt make sense......

are they trying to tell us their are no igbos in the nigerian military......?

Bros don't take it that way. Let us not stoke ethnic sentiments. The military responded to a distress call and the people sef have been frustrated since Operation Python Dance. But what you said make sense, there are igbo military officers, why then is Op trying to start an e-tribal war.

3 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by justtoodark: 11:55pm On May 23, 2018
MarieSucre:

Bros don't take it that way. Let us not stoke ethnic sentiments. The military responded to a distress call and the people sef have been frustrated since Operation Python Dance. But what you said make sense, there are igbo military officers who why is Op trying to start an e-tribal war.

calling police and army to every nonesense is expensive ooooo....
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Offpoint: 11:56pm On May 23, 2018
SolutionMee:
cry

Nah just little clash sef

Fighting is a good thing ordained by God and justified by the holy books (Bible and Quran). The first clash in history started with God from heaven.

Let me read the post first to know if am commenting offpoint or not.

Offpoint please don't quote me
Abasi mbok.... are you not the child I forgave not long ago? Wakanda wahala be this nw?

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Cisco2(m): 11:56pm On May 23, 2018
NaijaMutant:
Lesson to all Igbos

IGWEBUIKE

I love the unity and strength of Ndigbo
d same igbos will still sabotage you remember.
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by oooduancalmdown: 12:12am On May 24, 2018
MicroBox:

Wait till the oyel dry off..
40billion dollers lost on fake/fail projects in ten years by NDDC yet, you people claim to be wise and always act as victim.. Go hold your kinsmen.
That can never happen in the north or southwest.
Ogbeni, I am a south westerner. Nigeria is a shyte-hole that cannot work.

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by justtoodark: 12:13am On May 24, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Ogbeni, I am a south westerner. Nigeria is a shyte-hole that cannot work.

ofcourse it cant work......but you wanted it back then.....

you didnt wanted a child but the child is here.....what now.....

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by justtoodark: 12:17am On May 24, 2018
nigeria cant work like this....

i only know you blacks are finished....

me....??..iam just catching some fun.....thats all.....

kingsango,come and watch.....

i watch your videos and i am very disturbed and confused..... undecided undecided

flat earth...??...transvestites...??....my brain cant get it.... undecided undecided
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by AnanseK(m): 12:22am On May 24, 2018
Ogonimilitant:
Why would the useless Abboki go to invite military?

Clever Abokki , he knew where to get help. Those sons of hate would have literally made Suya out of him.

7 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by justtoodark: 12:25am On May 24, 2018
AnanseK:

Clever man, he knew where to get help. Those sons of hate would have made Suya out of him.

but you know even the military dont do stuff for free.....right...??

do you realy believe when things go haywire military will defend you.....??

nigerian military dont care about northerners too....

they only care about the nigerian constitution.....nothing else......

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by saabright(m): 12:25am On May 24, 2018
dainformant:
A man has narrated how violence would have erupted today at Onitsha Main Market in Anambra state after a Hausa man allegedly fought with a group of Igbo men following a disagreement. Ekwegbalu Nnamdi who witnessed the incident - took to Facebook to narrate what happened. Read below;

An ordinary incidence would have deteriorated into a violent demonstration today in Onitsha Main Market. And the incidence was as follows: a certain Hausa man allegedly was said to have been beaten by a group of Igbo men, reason being that he allegedly threw a metal pipe at a group of persons merely because they had asked him to carry his load with ease. Angrily some of those men resorted to fighting the Hausa man.

The Hausa man however, speedily ran to the barracks to bring military men. The soldiers without hesitation landed in the market and bundled a certain unsuspecting man into their truck. The man allegedly wasn't part of the incidence, but was unlucky to have been found at the scene of the incidence as of the time the soldiers arrived.

In response to the action, the people demonstrated that truly "Igwebuike" {Unity is Strength}. They quickly rallied round the military truck and refused that it would bundle this innocent Civilian to the barracks with them.

The soldiers however started threatening to invock violence. The matter would have gotten exponentially worse, as the people were determined to see to it that the worse happened, citing the injustice which daily is being meted on the Igbo race: from Boko Haram attacks, to the onslaught by Fulani Herdsman. They then wondered, how it is that these soldiers who were heavily armed responded quickly, merely because it was there fellow Hausa who brought the complaint.

As the tension continued to escalate and more people gathered to the scene, whereas the soldiers were equally undeterred. The chairman of Onitsha Main Market, Chief Ikechukwu Ekwegbalu swiftly intervenened, by descending to the arena like a Lion, requesting that the matter be brought to his office without delay, and with wisdom presided over the issue.

Long story cut short, the man was eventually not taken to the barracks as planned. Lesson to learn, when there is a strong leadership it acts as a deterrent to chaos. But then a point to ponder: Do these soldiers really react this speedily when a man who is not their kinsmen brings a report of an injustice to them or was it merely motivated by ethinic sentiment?

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/man-reveals-what-happened-after-fight-between-hausa-man-and-igbo-men-in-onitsha.html

Lies lies lies

When reporting an incident.... Report the full story. The hausa man is nt a mad man to just trow a metal at some people cos they asked him to carry his load

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by justtoodark: 12:34am On May 24, 2018
una will destroy the fragile nigerian democracy out of tribal sentiments.....

kwantinu......

when military take over again dont cry wolf.....

send your international buddies to west africa....

kiiiiiiikikikikikikiki.....

3 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by SalamRushdie: 12:36am On May 24, 2018
The most troubling thing here is that a single Hausa man can go to the barracks and get soldiers deployed ..is the authority to reply soldier not to come only from the president ?

7 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by justtoodark: 12:39am On May 24, 2018
SalamRushdie:
The most troubling thing here is that a single Hausa man can go to the barracks and get soldiers deployed ..is the authority to reply soldier not to come only from the president ?

imagine..... undecided undecided

this is very bad.... undecided undecided undecided undecided

police is not enough for that moroonic northerner.....a ol army....?

wtf.....!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sule Lamido & Sons, Accompanied By Prison Officials On Their Way To Kano Prison / Akeredolu Is Incapacitated, Bedridden In Ibadan - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Shocks Longtime Friend, Rejects His Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.