Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Should Buhari Be Tried For Treason In 1983 Coup? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Buhari Be Tried For Treason In 1983 Coup? (375 Views)

Twitter Ban: Sheikh Gumi To Buhari 'Be Mature, Accept Criticisms' / Photo Of Buhari In 1983 And 2019: Spot The Difference / Ben Bruce Shades Buhari For Overthrowing Shagari's Administration In 1983 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Buhari Be Tried For Treason In 1983 Coup? by ConsensusGroup: 10:06pm On May 23, 2018
Our glorious, albeit democratically elected, president was one of the coup plotters and coordinators who ousted the democratically elected government in 1983 contrary to Chapter 1. Part 1. Section 1. of the 1979 constitution.

It states :

CHAPTER I: General Provisions

Part I: Federal Republic of Nigeria
Supremacy of the Constitution

1. (1) This Constitution is supreme and its provisions shall have binding force on the authorities and persons throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(2) The Federal Republic of Nigeria shall not be governed, nor shall any persons or group of persons take control of the Government of Nigeria or any part thereof, except in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution.

(3) If any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this Constitution, this Constitution shall prevail, and that other law shall, to the extent of the inconsistency, be void.

So, my fellow countrymen, can you explain to me why he is the president of the country years later instead of having served many years, if not life, in prison?

I believe in rule of law. If you do the crime, you pay the time. No exceptions whatsoever.

I further observed such behavior when he purchased aircraft from the US without national approval.

You can't break the law to enforce the law.

What is your view on this?
Re: Should Buhari Be Tried For Treason In 1983 Coup? by weyreypey: 10:25pm On May 23, 2018
A suit should be filed to the effect.

2 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Tried For Treason In 1983 Coup? by sarrki(m): 10:26pm On May 23, 2018
Seriously enemies of our land

Really need to see a psychiatrist
Re: Should Buhari Be Tried For Treason In 1983 Coup? by ConsensusGroup: 10:30pm On May 23, 2018
sarrki:
Seriously enemies of our land

Really need to see a psychiatrist

Tbh, I am just asking a question as I have every right to.

I honestly and truly don't understand how he could become the president.

Perhaps it is you who needs a psychiatrist if you cannot understand the damage that coups do to a country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ikpeazu, Federal Government, And Many Gains Of Politics Without Bitterness, Ranc / Ndoma-egba New APC Convention Committee Secretary / Photos: Pro-nyame Group Storm Jalingo In Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.