Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,795 members, 7,798,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / . (2241 Views)

Identity For The Non-igbo Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by meobizy(f): 12:18pm On May 24, 2018

4 Likes

Re: . by meobizy(f): 12:19pm On May 24, 2018
Please I will like a moderator to move this to the front page. I need views and responses to this question. I know it will enlighten a lot of members.

1 Like

Re: . by PMBfirstson(m): 12:27pm On May 24, 2018
spacebooked... me self wan know
Re: . by omoharry(f): 10:35am On May 25, 2018
I am still trying to get the essence of this thread..

2 Likes

Re: . by meobizy(f): 12:46am On May 26, 2018
omoharry:
I am still trying to get the essence of this thread..
It's very simple.

OP has never seen a Chinese, Lebanese or Pakistani born in Nigeria-citizen who speaks exactly like an Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa man/woman. OP wonders if they exist because in all his trips to the UK, America, France and Switzerland he has come across those races born and also some who came to study but learned to speak like indigenes.

OP wonders if they exist or they are mostly ashamed to call themselves Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: . by meobizy(f): 4:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
I remember being shocked at seeing black Saudi Arabians playing for and some supporting their national team. If Saudi Arabia, the most conservative Middle Eastern country, has negro citizens then I don't see why Nigeria won't have even a handful of full caucasian citizens.
Re: . by ehinmowo: 5:14am On Jul 02, 2018
meobizy:
I remember being shocked at seeing black Saudi Arabians playing for and some supporting their national team. If Saudi Arabia, the most conservative Middle Eastern country, has negro citizens then I don't see why Nigeria won't have even a handful of full caucasian citizens.

because success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan. For now, Nigeria is an eyesore to behold. Notwithstand, there white Nigerians. Bt I cnt vouch for their proficiency in our local languages.

Some of the whites dt are nw naturalized in Nigeria are crooks from Europe and Americas seeking haven.

3 Likes

Re: . by Sinistami(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2018
This Thread no suppose loss na Abeg Seun lalasticala cc Mind44

1 Like

Re: . by meobizy(f): 6:49am On Mar 26, 2019
In Abuja there is a Chinese community which comprises of Thai, Chinese, Phillipines and Malaysian nationals.
I guess since Chinese are the majority both in the community and globally the gathering picked them as the official flag bearers.
If their children bear the nationality 'Nigerian' is what baffles me.
Re: . by labani06(m): 12:33am On Mar 28, 2019
meobizy:
I think Saudi Arabia has two indigenous players of Nigerian origin from Hausa tribe and the bear the name AL-HAUSAWI at the Back of their Jessy it means the Hausa .
Re: . by labani06(m): 12:34am On Mar 28, 2019
meobizy:
I think Saudi Arabia has two indigenous players of Nigerian origin from Hausa tribe and they bear the name AL-HAUSAWI at the Back of their Jessy it means the Hausa .
Re: . by BeansAndBread(m): 10:21am On Mar 28, 2019
labani06:

I think Saudi Arabia has two indigenous players of Nigerian origin from Hausa tribe and the bear the name AL-HAUSAWI at the Back of their Jessy it means the Hausa .
Yeah, many Nigerians for 100s of years that went on hajj settled there. There's Al Hausawi and Al Barnawi tribe there, that's Hausa and Kanuri people. We also have Yorubas who've settled there for more than 60 years.

1 Like

Re: . by mabea: 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2019
I've seen quite a number of them. The thing is they dont speak the local languages but they flow with pidgin

1 Like

Re: . by meobizy(f): 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2019
Sinistami:
This Thread no suppose loss na Abeg
If the mentioned names don’t care then someone else who knows the value will pick it up.

(1) (Reply)

History : The Kingdom Of Benin (BBC) / Quiz: Are You A Nigerian? / Excitement, Passion At Anioma Cultural Festival 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.