Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" (39209 Views)

Glo Introduces New Data Plan. 2GB For N500, 4GB For N1000, 180GB For N20,000 / Glo Introduces New Improved Data Plan / 9mobile's Poor Network Is Gradually Being Resolved In Some Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by Beehshorp(m): 7:37am On May 25, 2018
Very soon the Super sim card go dey experience network problem
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by NotComplaining: 7:38am On May 25, 2018
4.7 million for research and development?!! Way too poor.

I hope the students and scientists were able to source more for this novel idea which hopes to solve a massive challenge in Telecom locally and globally.
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by Powerexpert: 7:49am On May 25, 2018
walking stick that is already in the market(ebay) na im dem spend how much? Kwantinu
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by Boanage1(m): 7:53am On May 25, 2018
DONADAMS:
exactly my thought...one of the reasons I didn't bother going forward on the research

But then network providers dont necessarily make their profit from sales of sim card rather from subscription and airtime recharge. I see the innovation as a break through for some providers. They just have to step up their game and work on their reception and rates cos with the innovation, customers would recharge/subscribe to the best performing provider and can easily switch to the next with little inconaiatency. It's a win-win game for both the consumer and provider
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by steve279(m): 7:54am On May 25, 2018
Nice one....i rep FUTMX

1 Like

Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by powerkey: 7:55am On May 25, 2018
gd
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by donemitex1: 7:56am On May 25, 2018
It is one thing to read and it is another thing to understand.
11Anonymous:
Nice innovation. But can one use more than one network at the same time in the SIM? I use more than one SIM not because of quality reception but what the network have to offer.
One for cheap calls the other for cheap data, the others incase they become cheap or for tweaks smiley
No one network have it all.
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by skales67(m): 8:08am On May 25, 2018
Newsprex:

The source summarized it...https://prexblog.com/nigerians-introduced-super-sim-card-and-digital-walking-stick-ncc-approved-the-innovation/

It's just the new innovation of "Digital Walking Stick" and "Super SIM card" that will enable you use one SIM to operate all the four networks in Nigeria without buying multiple SIMs or porting.

Just read from the source, if you don't understand.

I am still trying to understand how this is logically possible owing to the fact that you will only experience the presence of a particular network without registering to it.
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:08am On May 25, 2018
11Anonymous:
Nice innovation. But can one use more than one network at the same time in the SIM? I use more than one SIM not because of quality reception but what the network have to offer.
One for cheap calls the other for cheap data, the others incase they become cheap or for tweaks smiley

One sim, multiple SSIDs (numbers).

Services are attached to SSIDs.

If these guys pull it off, it'll be really cool.
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by Sam0405: 8:09am On May 25, 2018
[quote author=Newsprex post=67837543][/quote]

Switching between networks shouldn't be automatic. It'll be best for users to switch by themselves.
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by CodeTemplar: 8:14am On May 25, 2018
Newsprex:

The source summarized it...https://prexblog.com/nigerians-introduced-super-sim-card-and-digital-walking-stick-ncc-approved-the-innovation/

It's just the new innovation of "Digital Walking Stick" and "Super SIM card" that will enable you use one SIM to operate all the four networks in Nigeria without buying multiple SIMs or porting.

How will one sim card poll 4 network except it is done from ncc in a manner where they register your 4 network profile against on sim card on your phone.
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by sykeng(m): 8:17am On May 25, 2018
mtcheeeewwwww, nice one but let me ask a question, have we started anything and finish it in naija, soon they will tell us the reason the research did not yield any significant result, from the HIV cure to how they can use lightening to solve electricity problem, they just say all these things to make us hopeful.
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by Abudu2000(m): 8:18am On May 25, 2018
How can this research work when ordinary summary is a huge problem for Nigerians
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by 3verblazing(m): 8:21am On May 25, 2018
If I call the line.. What tariff plan will I be on.. Is of the the active network? ... How do I recharge if I get the sim...or do data sub
What about sim registration...
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by fajob: 8:25am On May 25, 2018
edicied:
Can someone pls summarize?
lazy yooot
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by jamace(m): 8:25am On May 25, 2018
Great innovation. Kudos to the inventors cool
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by jamace(m): 8:27am On May 25, 2018
3verblazing:
If I call the line.. What tariff plan will I be on.. Is of the the active network? ... How do I recharge if I get the sim...
Take it easy. You will know soon. wink
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by brainiac228(m): 8:29am On May 25, 2018
I REP FUT MX
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by danigbo(m): 8:32am On May 25, 2018
edicied:
Don't let Buhari hia you ooo
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by Demonicide(f): 8:32am On May 25, 2018
edicied:
How do you manage to pass in school?
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by onatisi(m): 8:35am On May 25, 2018
it is one thing to bring out such an idea and it is another thing for the telecoms companies to accept .
i dont think there is anyway the ncc can force telecoms companies tto accept this idea , and if they dont then this idea is dead on arrival .
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:36am On May 25, 2018
edicied:

The SIM has ability to detect the available network signals from all the service providers at any given time and instantly select/connect you to the best signal among them - you are always therefore guaranteed the best of connections.
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by Kobicove(m): 8:36am On May 25, 2018
The sum of N4.7 million is quite small for research of this magnitude IMHO undecided
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by touchplay(m): 8:38am On May 25, 2018
11Anonymous:

bro,which network for cheap calls,and which of their tarrif plan do you make use of ,please.
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by pedrilo: 8:56am On May 25, 2018
11Anonymous:
if their innovation will not function in line with ur comment then it's outdated and won't be needed at this time. We need a technology that will permit simultaneous usage of available networks in one phone.
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by sanandreas(m): 8:56am On May 25, 2018
Technology for self reliance. FUTMINNA
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by PGlitters(m): 9:35am On May 25, 2018
Am a proud Alumnus
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by sirgalahad26(m): 9:49am On May 25, 2018
dkronicle:
I have all networks double. 8 sims atm.
U be yahoo boy abi?! no worry, EFCC is on ur trail! cheesycheesycheesy
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by rhythyson: 9:57am On May 25, 2018
edicied:

Lazy youth spotted grin grin grin
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by bluecircle470: 10:07am On May 25, 2018
Newsprex:

That is if it does not make phones get hot unnecessarily, later they will be telling us to change to 2G.
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:08am On May 25, 2018
edicied:
Sim card, universal, no more poor network. Lobatan
Re: No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" by linearity: 10:10am On May 25, 2018
Solstar:
It will be nice if this is not a VoIP based technology.

Developing a VoIP solution and assigning virtual numbers to the chip as well as integrating a billing app can do the same thing. Instead of relying on the network base stations for transmission, the relay service can be hosted on the cloud and same can be achieved.

It will be nice to see how this can be done differently outside the VoIP platform.

You can't achieve the same thing with VoIP....because of the last mile issue.

If you don't rely on the base station as you indicated, how are you going to connect seamlessly to the cloud while you move from one location to another with your mobile device in Nigeria?

Internet access for mobile devices outside of connecting via a base station does not exist in Nigeria....so this project in very unique and can't be solved in the Nigeria context with VoIP.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water / The type of phone you use is a reflection of who you are. / NTEL Sim Lagos Collection Locations And All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.