Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,286 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste (29132 Views)

Davido's Artiste, Liya Arrested In Lagos For Breaking COVID-19 Protocols / Meet Sinzu 'Saucekid': Biography – 5 Things To Know About Davido’s Artiste / Cee-C Cynthia Nwadiora: Meet BBNaija 2018 Housemate | Biography & Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by celebgistz: 1:04pm On May 24, 2018

The DMW family is getting bigger as rapper Idowest is added to the label, here are five things you need to know about the their latest signing.

Idowest has been announced as the latest member to Davido's DMW record label

Idowest was officially unveiled as the newest addition to the powerhouse platform, Davido Music Worldwide (DMW), by the label boss, Davido.
The rapper has been sighted in the company of Davido and other members of his label in recent times, but it wasn't until last night when the O.B.O announced the deal via his Twitter handle.

Davido

@iam_Davido
Welcome to DMW !! IDOWEST!!!!!! You have proved ur worth!!!! NOW LETS GET MONEY!! JI MASUN!! Cc @officialidowest @prince_ii �

This makes him the sixth addition to the ever growing family that houses Davido, Mayorkun, Dremo, Peruzzi and Yonda, with Ichaba remaining an affiliate.

With the group compilation album scheduled to be released next month, Idowest is expected to bring his street flavour to some of the joints.

Here are five things you need to know about DMW's latest signing, Idowest.

1. His real name is Adekunle Idowu

dekunle Idowu is more popularly known by his stage name Idowest (Twitter/Idowest)
The name Idowest was carved out of his original name Idowu, which is a Yoruba name for someone born after a set of twins.

He represents the Lagos Island area of Lagos State.

2. Idowest refers to himself as the King of Shaku Shaku

The shaku shaku vibe is one hit that gained mainstream acceptance last year with acts like Idowest, Slimcase, Mr Real and even Skales laying claim to being progenitors of the wave.

But the rapper who has been on his grind for quite a while now, claims that he was introduced to shaku shaku from his secondary school days and has been making the type of sound since then.

In his words, ''I have been doing Shaku shaku before the vibe even came up, that's why people call me Idowest, Aro Mafia aka the King of Shaku Shaku''.

3. Idowest has been signed to three labels in two years

Idowest penning a contract with Dammy Krane's World Star Inc in December 2017 (Instagram/DammyKrane)
Now it gets interesting when you discover that the artist has put pen to paper on three different record deals in less than two years.

On June 15, 2017, the young rapper signed with P4 Music, owned by a Mr Sodiq, but following his return from being cleared of all charges leveled against him in the US, Dammy Krane revived his label, Worldstar Inc and on December 15 2017, he announced his first signing in the person of Idowest.

Following the official announcement by Davido, Idowest has now gotten signed to three labels, perhaps as a pointer to the talent that he possess.

4. He was a former member of the M.A.F.I.A gang

Idowest along members of the Mafia gang, C Black and Abram Soul in Panda cover video (YouTube/Idowest)
Earlier in 2017, Idowest used to be a member of the three man group called M.A.F.I.A gang.

Other members of the group include, C Black and Abram Soul and they released singles like Panda (Cover) and Umbele.

5. Idowest was nominated at the 2018 Headies

Idowest has grown his art steadily over the past couple of years, from getting attention with his single Eko alongside former HKN member Danagog to his ground-breaking single, Omo Shepeteri which featured Dammy Krane and Slimcase released late last year.

The song earned Idowest a nomination in the Best Street Hop artist category at the Headies 2018 music awards which was won by Small
Doctor.

source: https://celebgistz.com/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-idowest/

1 Like

Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by celebgistz: 1:17pm On May 24, 2018
thanks
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by greatman2810: 2:17pm On May 24, 2018
Thanks for the info
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by stefanweeks: 3:44pm On May 24, 2018
Awon mafia

3 Likes

Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by Egooyinbo: 3:44pm On May 24, 2018
Omo shepeteri

1 Like

Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by Nairalandmentor(m): 3:44pm On May 24, 2018
Ayam not a fan ni

Still looking for a reliable website design? Checkout my signature for a link to our portfolio.
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 24, 2018
Nairaland OPs will be like five things you need to know about biscuit.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by Abbeyme: 3:44pm On May 24, 2018
OK.

Follow your brain bro, Remember those who have gone before you..
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by binsanni(m): 3:45pm On May 24, 2018
waiting you want make we no for this one again now
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by oshe11: 3:45pm On May 24, 2018
This guy doesnt fit into the DMW brand

He is more of a YBNL brand kinda guy

***He speaks too much Yoruba and too raw....

Unless make them produce his Videos with subtitlescheesy

DMW na worldwide and not LOCAL

**Same reason Olamide and Phyno are LOCAL ARTISTS

PS: When he dey sign now, he humble ooooo but later he go come dey form AWON MAYWEATHER

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by SolutionMee: 3:47pm On May 24, 2018
cry

This guy will just destroy DMW

This is an unwise decision for Davido
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by yeyeboi(m): 3:47pm On May 24, 2018
Okay

And he is also a member of Movement

5 Likes

Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by osemoses1234(m): 3:47pm On May 24, 2018
And so
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by Bustincole(m): 3:47pm On May 24, 2018
Terry C leleyi ooo

1 Like

Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by talk2saintify(m): 3:47pm On May 24, 2018
shocked

Now we Know!!
Buh it doesn't, hasn't and wouldn't change anything
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by ehioziosa: 3:47pm On May 24, 2018
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by hamid6249: 3:48pm On May 24, 2018
congratulations !!!
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by Fuckgiver(m): 3:48pm On May 24, 2018
I don hear
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by killuminati(m): 3:49pm On May 24, 2018
Gba bi ma gba be
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by BlackHatNaija: 3:50pm On May 24, 2018
He could be a good signing.
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by s3tt1ngz003: 3:50pm On May 24, 2018

All. I know is that idowest was from the shepeteri village close to baloteli home town, he owns two master degree in shakushaku

Pls I need any material regarding this topic

An examination of the effect of abandoned property on residential properties

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by Facebooker(f): 3:51pm On May 24, 2018
Aro mate !
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 24, 2018
Aro Mafia?

I clearly obvious,musical violence and cultism in nigeria.
All in he name of street
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by kpaofame: 3:52pm On May 24, 2018
undecided

Most Nigerian artistes are just Noise makers, if you listen to their songs it makes no sense or reason...just dont follow...

D-banj once said in his songs He dont have to make sense since he is an Entertainer...so in my opinion most of them are Noise makers and sings Nonsense...We just get swayed by the beat and nothing else really

2 Likes

Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by olu690(m): 3:53pm On May 24, 2018
Piece of sh***t. who told u i need to knw all this things??
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by oshe11: 3:53pm On May 24, 2018
Facebooker:
Aro mate !
See oooshocked

You want make I throw you over board ba
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by BANGERLEE1(m): 3:54pm On May 24, 2018
I will only sell this Space for Davido himself.
Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by BANGERLEE1(m): 3:54pm On May 24, 2018
And he’s from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Meet Idowest: Biography, Profile - 5 Things To Know About Davido's Artiste by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 24, 2018
How bĺack axe go take sign aro mate?
Chee

(1) (2) (Reply)

John Dumelo Dancing With Wife At His White Wedding / Waje: My Daughter, Emerald Iruobe Saw Me Drunk / Eldee The Don And Wife, Dolapo Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.