Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Shattered Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Shattered Love (505 Views)

Another Shop Rite Marriage Proposal Ends Up In Blood & Shattered Windscreen / My Heart Is Shattered � Battered And Scattered / She Dumped Me For Her Ex, Shattered Me Into Irredeemable Pieces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shattered Love by emperorblog(m): 1:44pm On May 24, 2018
www.emperorblog.com.ng present
Written by: I am Ola_Olowo Whatsapp number: 07060406597 This is a true life story. The characters are changed for security reasons. All right reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced into any form or by any means without the permission of the writer. Email: Olamide_olowo@yahoo.com Follow my w Love is like a rubber band held at both ends by two people. When one leaves, it hurts the other. Love is like two people hrite up Shattered Love(A Short Story) PROLOGUEolding a rubber band, we pull, and then when one person let go, it’s the person who held on that gets hurt. When the people we love or with whom we have a deep connection stop caring, stop paying attention, stop investing and fighting for the relationship, trust begins to slip away and huts starts seeping in. Disengagement triggers shame and your greatest fears- the fears of being abandoned, unworthy and unlovable. Are you the type who believes in love that starts from childhood? Are you the type who believes loves conquers it all? Are you the type who believes love has no obstacles? Maybe you need to think twice before jumping into the large pool of love where passion, feelings, and ecstasy all lives in peace and harmony. Have you ever been so affected by someone’s pains and heartbreak? Have you ever heard of someone else story about their love life and you get scared of ever loving? Well, take a sit and learn from this short piece of mine. This is a true life story about childhood love which grew so big like the biggest of rivers but got dried up just like a rain.
Re: Shattered Love by emperorblog(m): 1:44pm On May 24, 2018
source emperorblog.com.ng/?s=shattered+love
Re: Shattered Love by emperorblog(m): 1:48pm On May 24, 2018
Part 1 My name is Wisdom. I happened to be a witness of one of the battles of love. I have ever heard. You can call me the intermediary between this two lovers. Yea….Yoruba call it Alarina.. I never had a good love life but I found joy in fixing people’s relationship. How pathetic! A candle provides lights everyone around it but it never gets to see its own bottom. Shola’s side of the story… Truly childhood love is perhaps one of the purest forms of love to ever exist. There is a certain kind of innocence to it with no room for pride or Ego whatsoever. And yes, it is also the first time your heart learned to beat for someone else. I am Shola Ademowo and I am the only Male child of my Military father. I grew up in one of the biggest city in Kaduna. My father got me enrolled into one of the schools in Kudenda. Janet happened to be my classmate and she stays in front of our house. We go to school together, come back together and even do our assignments together. We were called couples in school then. I never knew what was really happening back then but I knew I felt something for her. I was so young and naïve. Would you blame me? 2 years later when we had our common entrance in Kaduna, Janet and her family moved away from Kaduna, their destination, I knew not. Life was not the same for me ever since she left but time they say heals everything. Isn’t it? That was back in 1999 but the introduction of Facebook by Mr. Mark helped so many people all around the world to get back their loved ones and I was fortunate to be one of them. I was at work browsing on my system when I decided to search for Janet on Facebook and fortunately for me, I found her. Yes! I found her. I checked her Display picture and lo and behold, I found the one I have been searching for over 8 years. I can’t believe Janet had grown into a young beautiful lady. I scrolled down her profile then I found her contacts. I didn’t know when I jumped up and I started shouting Yes! Yes! Yes! Like Smackdown live general manager Daniel Bryan. Wisdom: Guy, you dey craze o. You know I tell you this your love for wrestling go soon kill you. Are you now watching a wrestling match in the office again? Wetin dey worry you? Shola: Wizzy, you won’t understand (taking the laptop to him) Remember the girl I told you about Wisdom: Which one na? Angelina? Geraldine? Kate or which of them? Shola: Hey, hey, guy chill na. I never knew you were counting my girls for me. Remember my childhood friend I told you about. Wisdom: errmmmm…the Hausa girl right? Shola: You be Eba.She is not an Hausa girl..The girl I told you we grew up together in the north Wisdom: Yea..What about her? Is she married? Shola: God forbid! I will rather die than not marrying the girl Wisdom: ehhhh…..What about all this girls you are flocking around with like a sheep? Shola: Mr. man..forget that side. It’s just a matter of time befoe the real Queen will come and take her place (taking the laptop back) Wizzy: But to be frank, the girl is beautiful. But that gives you the assurance that she is not married yet? Shola: Tah! Forget that thing jor Wizzy: Ok.. I hear you. You better treat up that file before time runs out against us. I tried calling the number I saw on her profile for two days but it was not going through. After trying for several days, I was thinking of giving up not until this particular night when I gave it another try again. I was shocked it rang, and after three rings, then I heard an angel speak in an Hausa accent. (Do we have angels living on earth?) Janet I’ve lost my line for two weeks and it was not up to an hour ago I retrieved it back when I got a call from an unknown number then I picked Janet: Hello Unknown number: Hello…Good evening. Please am I on to Janet Badmus? Janet: Yes. This is Janet Badmus. Pease who am I speaking with? (Trying to recognize the voice of the caller because it sounds familiar) Unknown number: Good evening. I am Shola Ademowo Janet: Shola? Sorry, which Shola? Shola: Shola Ademowo. Your friend, back in Kaduna some few years ago Janet: What?? (I screamed) Hmmm…I couldn’t believe whoi just spoke with. Could it be his ghost or someone is trying to play pranks with me? Shola Ademowo! After how many years? Where did he get my number? Hmmmm.Shola! I started having this nostalgic feeling about him. I’ve heard my big sister, Tolani talked about love but I just don’t know if that’s what is been called. My family and I left the beautiful city of Kaduna when Daddy was transferred to Osun State at his place of work. There was no easy means of communication then. Only the rich men has a mobile phone then. My father was able to afford one then anyway but it was a no go area for the kids. Hmmm. I remembered the penultimate day before the day we moved to the western part of the country, as usual I visited Shola in his home that evening and I informed him about our departure. He couldn’t believe his hears. Even when I gave him a hug, the last hug I presume, he never wanted to let me go. His feelings were very obvious to me and he doesn’t want to let me go away from his arms. Janet: Ban kwana Shola..Ina sonka! (Goodbye Shola, I love you)
Re: Shattered Love by emperorblog(m): 1:49pm On May 24, 2018
Part 2 Shola… Love is like the rain. It comes in a drizzle sometimes, then it starts pouring and if you’re not careful it will drown you. “Ti Ojo ife ba pani, winiwini la ma mase bi tanwiji’’ A chapter of love was opened in my life. Ever since that night Janet and I spoke, we’ve been in close touch with each other, calling, chatting, texting, each day. Oh! What a feeling! Burning me all up, I can’t express myself! The love I ave for Janet is just like a copied assignment, I can’t explain it. Soon, we both fixed a particular date when she was going to pay me a visit in Lagos. I started preparing for her arrival like I was preparing for the arrival of the miss world. No one knows how to clean his home better except the one expecting the arrival of his girlfriend. Isn’t it? And lest I forget, I also did not waste time in sending all my side chicks on a compulsory leave from my home. I told them I was on a white fasting and I don’t need the presence of any female friends for the next few weeks. Wetin man go do? Will you have me to blame? Wizzy… Hmmmm..Two love birds. I really envy the relationship between Shola and Janet you know. I wish I was in love too. The beginning of love they say is so sweet. Like an Egusi soup (Which Egusi tastes better, Igbo Egusi or Yoruba Egusi?) but it takes a lot of sacrifices between the two parties to make it work. Some few years later, something happened. Shola… I will be 29 years of age by June. Janet’s family have been pressuring her to bring me home for them to know me. I still feel it’s quite early because I know what the end game will be and that’s marriage talk. I still need a better job so I could be able to cater for my new family. Just then, I received a mail from one of the company, I was working for that I have been transferred to Rivers state. The next day at work… Wizzy: You should be happy bro. This is a sign of promotion. You never can tell what will happen when you get there (Giving him back his mobile phone after checking the mail) Shola: Wizzy, you should know I don’t need this transfer right now. I am planning of settling down with Janet soon and here am I, being transferred to River State. Wizzy: Sholly, that won’t disrupt your plans for settling down. Will it? And moreover, I even heard girls in Rivers state are very beautiful. So it will be advisable for you to speed up your wedding plans before your eyes go open for Rivers state. (Laughs and taps his shoulders) Janet… I was dumbfounded when Shola broke the news of his transfer to me. I felt bad. Am having this strange feelings that Shola was slipping away from me. I knew he still have affairs with 3 different girls aside from me and I have confronted him about this but he keep saying they are part of his past. I discussed this with Wizzy, his friend and he assured me that all those girls are “Abelejayan”. They are only keeping Shola company till the right owner comes which is me. Wizzy has been helpful in ensuring the relationship between Shola and I blossom every day. He is really a good friend and I have already considered him as my brother-in-law. One of those times, he paid Shola and I a visit when I came down to Lagos, he had promised to marry my immediate younger sister after our marriage. 2 months after Shola left for Rivers, I lost Wizzy’s wife to be, my younger sister to the cold hands of death. read more on www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Shattered Love by emperorblog(m): 9:04pm On May 24, 2018
;-)
Re: Shattered Love by emperorblog(m): 2:19pm On May 25, 2018
Part 3 Shola… Life in River’s state is quite different from the type of life being lived in Lagos. The cost of living in Rivers is on the higher side compared to Lagos. I knew it was just a matter of time before I settle fully in rivers before thinking of how to start a new family here. I was at work when Janet called to break the news to me. I felt so bad. I have been opportune to speak with her on the phone some couple of times and I was looking forward to the day I was going to meet my sister- in-law one-on-one. I called Wizzy to help me travel down to Osun to visit Janet and console her for me and also say me well to her family. Wizzy… I couldn’t turn down the request of Shola. Janet was in a bad shape after the unfortunate incident happened. That gives me the opportunity of meeting our soon to be in-law and also to commensurate with the family. It was just a four hours Journey from lagos to Osun where Janet’s family resides. It was really a sad incident to witness the death of a grown up child, almost 20 years of age. I spent some few hours with her family before going back to Lagos. I got home later in the evening that day then I was scrolling through the stations on my decoder when I stumbled on a movie on Africa magic titled, Loosing You. I was not a big fan of Nolly wood movies but I was captivated by the theme of the movie. Tonto Dikeh and Van Vicker, were two lovers but they couldn’t get married due to their genotype status, then I remembered that earlier that day, I asked Janet the cause of the death of her sister and she told me she was a sickle cell victim. Mogbe! My friend is walking on a gun powder.
Re: Shattered Love by emperorblog(m): 2:20pm On May 25, 2018
Part 4 Janet… Its three weeks after the death of my sister. Life they say moves on but I still find it hard to move on without her. Her memories still lives with me every time and anywhere I go. Shola & Wizzy has been really helpful during this trying time and I was glad I have them in my life. I felt ill during this period and I believed it was due to the incident that happened. I was forced to go for a test then I discovered I was pregnant. Shola… Wizzy sef ehn…The guy mater don tire me. He never allowed e to rest since the day he told me he watched a Nolly wood movie on TV which talks about genotype. I be confirm AA! The worst sickness I’ve had is malaria. I don’t have anything to worry about on that. Few weeks later, Janet broke the news to me that she was pregnant. Now is the time for me to accelerate my plans. I can’t afford to have the baby outside of wedlock. The next day, I transferred some money to her so she can come over to Rivers state. 2 days later, she arrived at my apartment. I was so happy seeing her again after 2 months of leaving Lagos. After taking her round the house, she decided to go to the kitchen to prepare something for us to eat. Then I spotted her big bag on the Sofa, I decided to search for chewing gums then I saw an envelope with a letter inside it. I opened the letter and what I found inside hit me really hard like Roman Reign’s superman punch. Janet… I was dishing the food into the plate when I heard my phone ringing. I left the kitchen to pick up my phone when I saw Shola with the result of my genotype test which I did some months ago. I spoke with my mum who called to ask about my trip and after the call, I met the other side of Shola which I haven’t seen before. Shola: Why didn’t you tell me your genotype was SS? Janet: You never asked Shola: What do you mean I never asked? Janet: Of course you never asked. I asked you about your genotype remember? And you told me it was AA. I was expecting you to ask me about mine but you didn’t Moreover, we are compatible. We are safe. Shola: I only said that to calm your nerves. I don’t know my genotype. Janet: What?? read more on www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Shattered Love by emperorblog(m): 7:15am On May 26, 2018
Part 5 Wizzy…. And that was the beginning of the end of the one-time sweet relationship which I envy a lot. The next day after that incident, Shola went to one of the private hospital around his area to have a blood test and to his greatest fear…the result shows Shola was AS!. The tension is becoming so tense between the two lovers. Janet was disappointed in Shola for lying to her while Shola was mad at Janet for not telling her she was SS. Later on, Shola knew it was the SS thing that led to the death of her younger sister some months back. Who’s to blame? Is it shola, who didn’t yield to the advice of his friend then? Who didn’t bother to ask about the genotype of his so called lover? Or Janet? Who didn’t tell Shola about her genotype? Janet… My pregnancy is 5 months already and Shola have been ignoring my calls and chats for over a week now. Ever since he discovered his genotype, he has avoided me like a virus. The last time I visited him was a period I won’t want to remember. Shola avoided me like a plague all through my stay. I had planned to spend some days with him but when I saw his behavior within the 2 days of staying there, I packed my bags and leave before he came back from work. My families also are making life miserable for me as they have expected Shola to come and do the normal rites or better still come and show up himself to my family. I so much hate him right now. My stomach has been prodging out day by day and it’s becoming a shame on me getting pregnant out of wedlock and to make matters worse, the guy responsible for it is not showing up. I don’t know what to do anymore. It was unbearable for me I decide to relocate to Abuja to stay with a friend of mine, there, I will have my baby and start a new life afresh and I will make sure Shola don’t have any access to the kid. It is hard to tell who has your back from who has it long to stab you, “stab the body and it heals but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime” Shola… Shame, blame, disrespect, betrayal and the withholding of affection damage the roots from which love grows. I felt betrayed. How can I marry someone that is SS? How can I, in the name of love let my child to suffer for the consequences of their parents when they already know the repercussion of what their action will lead to in the nearest future? I don’t what to do? I can only accept the baby from her but I can’t get married to her. I just can’t. Wizzy…. I called Shola and pleaded with him not to do that way. If he still wants to carry out his action, he should consider the baby also. A pregnant woman needs love and care at that point Jane is, she needs a lot of it. I also advised him to send her money constantly cos she was going to need it. Hmmm…Janet had a pre-mature when it was 7 months, hence, she lost the child and almost lost her life in the process. It was indeed a bad news, hitting me like a volcano. Shola felt bad because he has lost his first child. He acted as a man and moved on, happy what would have bring Janet his way again was out of the equation. Last Episode

(1) (Reply)

Do You Like My Profile Photo? / Slick Woods Flaunts Her Post-baby Body Two-weeks After Giving Birth / Adultery Pastor Apologises To Members Today for forgiveness(v/photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.