Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:29 PM

CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? (22824 Views)

Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? / Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by rocknation62(m): 9:04am On May 25, 2018
shocked
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by gurunlocker: 9:05am On May 25, 2018
That's not done anywhere and it doesn't even make any sense. Why will they even think of installing CCTV in a restroom?

2 Likes

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Olalan(m): 9:06am On May 25, 2018
Am sure the camera won't be placed in a position to see their genitals,

1 Like

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Quality20(m): 9:08am On May 25, 2018
I think I also have a similar issue. I share apartment with somebody and I feel strongly he bugged d room with a spy camera but I don't know how to spot or remove it, please can anybody help, I really can't move out as houses are quite expensive even more than ds one I'm staying
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Horus(m): 9:08am On May 25, 2018
To install CCTV in toilets is illegal, this is a Fake News. It's embarrassing for people, you can't even have any privacy in a toilet

3 Likes

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Bombolistic: 9:08am On May 25, 2018
It will be installed in the outer space not the inner private room. Don't take harsh decision that you'll regret at the end of the day. My candid advice

1 Like

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by bluecircle470: 9:09am On May 25, 2018
PassiveNaira:
Hello Nairalanders,

A female friend came to meet me for an urgent advice as to whether she should resign as soon as this month end.

The organisation she works for pasted an internal memo that says that "Henceforth, CCTV devices shall be installed in all workers toilet including male and female to put security check in place beginning from next week.

As a female, she feels that will be kind of shameful for the IT personnel incharge of monitoring CCTV to be watching her and other female colleagues when they do their poos or pass urine.

She is fed up with the company and its unexpected decisions that usually come without consulting the staff.

Should she go ahead to tender her resignation as from next week since the month is coasting to an end?

Your advice will go a long way to help her.

Lalasticalania please push to front page to let people contribute.

You people should stop bringing up topics and stories that doesn't exist to nairaland

2 Likes

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by olu690(m): 9:10am On May 25, 2018
Even at work u wil need some privacy especially ladies, Y the company go wan install cctv camera 4 toilet.. craze dey worri dem?

2 Likes

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by emi14: 9:11am On May 25, 2018
Legally/humanly impossible and unimaginable.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by turawaa(m): 9:12am On May 25, 2018
She is a Nigerian? Maybe Taking Wrapper to office might help...she cover herself up when in toilet from showing her nude to CCTV....

3 Likes

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by pedrilo: 9:14am On May 25, 2018
If she has a problem with that then obviously she's high risk staff
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Eberex(m): 9:15am On May 25, 2018
The CCTV will only capture those entering the toilet. Get full detail before posting

1 Like

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by 1miccza: 9:16am On May 25, 2018
PassiveNaira:

Sorry for the sun bro. Ladies are different from one another, what some can bear, others may not tolerate.

If she is a Nigerian, she never learn at all, in this time of Buhari na in pesin dey ask this kain kweshun. She should resign because of CCTV? Na when she use all her life find job come trek till her shoe barb Mike Tyson she go understand..
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Exponental(m): 9:16am On May 25, 2018
Everyone has a right to privacy.... I want to believe the cctv will be positioned not to expose privacy. else, they can be sued.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:16am On May 25, 2018
Its very simple, whenever she wants to make use of the convenience,she should carry wrapper and cover her body or better still use a blazer to cover it.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Yewandequeen(f): 9:17am On May 25, 2018
U guys are mixing things up.

Office toilets ain't built like residential toilets na haba. There is a lobby/passage and that is where the camera will be placed(it Will face those coming in or right by the door). The toilets are partitioned like ATM but with door (if u know What I mean). They can't put cameras in each of the toilet rooms. It will only be in the passage, No cause for resigning. Just wear ur panties, adjust all the adjustable before u step of the cubicle then your are good to go.

3 Likes

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Supreme01: 9:19am On May 25, 2018
the way some of you guys givs advice is disgusting.Imaging your WIFE working here an some one will be watching ur her...how wil u feel. Think before u talk.

What is wrong with the enterings to the toilet, why most it be inside the toilet?
Only God know their agenda.

4 Likes

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by vineyardfarms: 9:19am On May 25, 2018
PassiveNaira:

That may depend. Sometimes ladies want to check or change pads, there is much possible some uncovered parts will be picked by the CCTV.
DON'T RESIGNOOOO SISTER. SIMPLE ! TAKE ALONG WITH YOU WRAPPER (CLOTH) TO COVER YOURSELF EACH TIME YOU ANSWER NATIONS CALL. VERY IMPORTANT, DON'T MAKE OR ANSWER CALLS, TAKE YOUR PAD, YES PAD. DON'T BE CARELESS WITH IT. THANK ME LATER.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by paparazzi1987(m): 9:23am On May 25, 2018
It is only in countary like Nigeria you will see companies installing CCTV in the washrooms and some youths on nairaland are fine with it.. shocked

5 Likes

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Orpe7(m): 9:23am On May 25, 2018
Like say na her yansh dem wan see
Rubbish! Go resign na
Hunger go finish u

1 Like

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Orpe7(m): 9:24am On May 25, 2018
Ur company dey use style style turn to big brother house.
grin
Ur oga go soon dey use microphone follow una talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:24am On May 25, 2018
Maybe she is waiting for somebody from nowhere blackmail her from compilations of weird videos of hers taking different styles of pooos and weewees that she will do the needful while the organization deny any form of involvement by saying their security system was hacked including cctv

1 Like

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by agarawu23(m): 9:25am On May 25, 2018
AyanbajoSD100:
She shd resign as fast as possible and allow more serious people get the job..The cctv is not situated to face u ...That of the male for instance..the Men wod hv to back it..that is hw it's installed.they are situated at angles to captures what and who goes in .......She has more things she does there aside just the camera palava
i have been strolling to see this comment. People didn't noticed that the camera won't be able to see them if they are about to poo cos it has blockage. Even the guys are turning their back to the camera talkles of ladies that won't even show their back while doing their thing.

It's either this story is fake or the lady has gotten another job cos the main purpose of the camera isn't to watch them naked. No administration does that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Iranoladun(f): 9:25am On May 25, 2018
Yewandequeen:
U guys are mixing things up.

Office toilets ain't built like residential toilets na haba. There is a lobby/passage and that is where the camera will be placed(it. Will face those coming in or right by the door). The toilets are partitioned like ATM but with door (if u know What I mean). They can't put cameras in each of the toilet rooms. It will only be in the passage, No cause for resigning. Just wear ur panties, adjust all the adjustable before u step of the cubicle then your are good to go.

Unless the situation is as painted above otherwise she can anonymously report the organisation to the authorities e.g. Min of Labour, Lagos state office of the public defender, min of women affairs, NBA, human rights group and the civil society. If the organization wants to monitor employee pooing and weeing live on camera that is invasion of privacy and against ILO standards

1 Like

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Awoleesu(m): 9:27am On May 25, 2018
Let em get a good lawyer to engage management... Employees privacy must be respected!
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Nobody: 9:27am On May 25, 2018
You don't have to use the bathroom at work
Some offices don't even have useable ones.
Just target one eatery near work and dazall

But sincerely, Nigeria is crazy! That's invasion of one's privacy. Is it even legal? In a normal society, I would have said you protest their decision in writing, record your protestation in audio visual....wait for their refusal and installation of the nonsense, then sue....you might not be needing a job again thereafter

2 Likes

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by ekanDamie: 9:35am On May 25, 2018
columbus007:
wetin she dey resign for?or wetin she dey hide? abi she carry crawlcrawl for her yansh.
Oh pls shut up. Dey are ladies dey need dier privacy in dis peverted world.

1 Like

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by chronique(m): 9:36am On May 25, 2018
The responses here just shows how exposed a lot of people here are. I don't know how anybody will think that a company would position CCTV camera directly to capture images of people pooing or urinating. Highest it would do is to capture people going inside the toilet. For the company to do that, they might have gotten a report of staffs making out in the restroom.

3 Likes

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by 4reala(m): 9:37am On May 25, 2018
This is arrant nonsense, It is an invasion of pples privacy.
Maybe the management are planning to be doing Jack off exercise in the IT room

2 Likes

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by movid(m): 9:37am On May 25, 2018
grin grin
swiz123:
Oh! She should do quick and resign. I'd like my sister to apply
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by teemy(m): 9:38am On May 25, 2018
PassiveNaira:

This seems a better advice to give her. But based on what she said about her organization, that may attract query and consequently lead to sack.
I doubt the reference to toilet means inside the toilets but the toilet corridor before anyone enters the main cubicle. Let her confirm this before taking a step based on misunderstanding.

The company could have taken such steps to prevent unwanted incidents but since security would be able to know who entered where, peeps would restrict their activities to just toilet things.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by NWAFORH1(m): 9:40am On May 25, 2018
Lala must be very happy about this seeing he part of the company IT personnel...... God deh!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? / One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary? / Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.