Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

The Problem Of The HRs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Problem Of The HRs (997 Views)

House Cleaner - 2 Hrs Daily (must Already Be Living In Lekki Phase 1) - 45,000 / Smart Phone Users Who Are Ready To Work Few Hrs Are Needed Urgently / Can Npower Actually Solve The Problem Of Nigeria Unemployment!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Problem Of The HRs by Respect55(m): 6:03pm On May 24, 2018
Gud day all. I went for this interview today along Oluobasanjo at portharcourt (address and name withheld for some reasons) and everything was going pretty well. So, when I answered that easy yet difficult question of why they should hire me, they looked at themselves and nodded in agreement to my short and precise answer.
Then, all of a sudden, he asked, 'can you lie to save our company'? Without giving it a second thought or trying to give an escapist answer, I answered, 'No sir, I can not'?
Then, as if a multitude of demons entered him, he flared up at me and said, thanks for coming young man, you can take ur leave now.'I stared at him for some seconds confusedly and he asked me to leave. This time with more intensity. So I left.

So friends, I want you to help me and analyze this. Did I mess up with my answer? What other better way could I have answered without been precise. Thanks
Cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of The HRs by ineco(m): 6:12pm On May 24, 2018
well to me,if i was the one,i will ask the kind of lie,either to tell customers that our goods is on transit which is not to or. Then never can tell,if none of then have candidate for the job,still hold on,it could be yours

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 24, 2018
well d response is not bad but u could have added some smart response like..
.under some circumstances,I can manage customers by giving them positive assurance notwithstanding that it may not actually be 100% true..
.don't lose hope,that hr might be good

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of The HRs by tenmariner: 8:54pm On May 24, 2018
There was a country!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Samo1122(m): 9:10pm On May 24, 2018
You should have tell them that ordinarily it's not good to lie but in a situation where I need to save my company from an embarrassment or loss, I will.
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 24, 2018
Good answer- I am not sure your company will allow itself in a situation where lies will be told for it to be saved. I want to think integrity is one of your core values as such I would not think your company will find itself in such situation.

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Juicy24(f): 10:55pm On May 24, 2018
majekdom2:
Good answer- I am not sure your company will allow itself in a position where lies will be told for it to be saved. I want to think integrity is one of your core values as such I would not think your company will find itself in such situation.
you read my mind. that was the answer someone taught me
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by sammyscholar(m): 10:58pm On May 24, 2018
You gave the right answer, bro. God will honour you with better opportunities. The same company that wants you to lie to third parties on their behalf would spare nothing to get you jailed if you ever lie or defraud them.

3 Likes

Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Respect55(m): 11:28am On May 25, 2018
sammyscholar:
You gave the right answer, bro. God will honour you with better opportunities. The same company that wants you to lie to third parties on their behalf would spare nothing to get you jailed if you ever lie or defraud them.
That's what I was thinking. I was just wondering as I left if they are even trustworthy in the first place
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Respect55(m): 11:29am On May 25, 2018
majekdom2:
Good answer- I am not sure your company will allow itself in a position where lies will be told for it to be saved. I want to think integrity is one of your core values as such I would not think your company will find itself in such situation.
If they will likely not, why then the question?
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Respect55(m): 11:30am On May 25, 2018
Samo1122:
You should have tell them that ordinarily it's not good to lie but in a situation where I need to save my company from an embarrassment or loss, I will.
Sincerely bro, I just can't.
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Respect55(m): 11:31am On May 25, 2018
angelusbrut:
well d response is not bad but u could have added some smart response like..
.under some circumstances,I can manage customers by giving them positive assurance notwithstanding that it may not actually be 100% true..
.don't lose hope,that hr might be good
Positive assurance is not a lie.
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Nobody: 11:39am On May 25, 2018
Respect55:

If they will likely not, why then the question?
that is why it is an interview. They put you in different situations.
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by pocohantas(f): 12:12pm On May 25, 2018
majekdom2:

This is why I had a crush on you that year.
Nothing more to add grin
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 25, 2018
pocohantas:

This is why I had a crush on you that year.
Nothing more to add grin
and I crushed on you back, still you no gree do my own. Oya, it’s about the time we finally crush each other grin
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by pocohantas(f): 1:33pm On May 25, 2018
majekdom2:
and I crushed on you back, still you no gree do my own. Oya, it’s about the time we finally crush each other grin

It was going fine till I saw you talk about bae.
That was when I realised I no follow for starting 11.
You wan use me for substitution ba? God will judge you angry angry
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Respect55(m): 1:48pm On May 25, 2018
majekdom2:
that is why it is an interview. They put you in different situations.
This very one is morally wrong
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 25, 2018
Respect55:

This very one is morally wrong
how do you mean morally wrong. Lols, dude get some work experience and understand formal environments. Search for assessment center materials. Read them and understand. There is nothing morally wrong with an interviewer putting you in situations companies find themselves be it good or bad companies.
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 25, 2018
pocohantas:

It was going fine till I saw you talk about bae.
That was when I realised I no follow for starting 11.
You wan use me for substitution ba? God will judge you angry angry
lols, as the bae don break my heart now nko?? I think you will make a perfect fit *winks* make I do PM tongue

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 25, 2018
Respect55:

Positive assurance is not a lie.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Respect55(m): 4:21pm On May 25, 2018
majekdom2:
how do you mean morally wrong. Lols, dude get some work experience and understand formal environments. Search for assessment center materials. Read them and understand. There is nothing morally wrong with an interviewer putting you in situations companies find themselves be it good or bad companies.
Bros, lying is a no-no for me. I didn't had to think twice wen I was asked that. All I'm saying is that I should have dodged their question intelligently
Re: The Problem Of The HRs by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 25, 2018
Respect55:

Bros, lying is a no-no for me. I didn't had to think twice wen I was asked that. All I'm saying is that I should have dodged their question intelligently
okay, I understand your mention and post now. Yes it is morally wrong to lie. You don’t have to say a yes or a No. all the best

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gtb Induction Training / Vacancy @ Dee Unique College Omole Phase 2.berger. / I Want To Quit My Job To Change To A Home Service Car Washer And Laundry Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.