Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,548 members, 7,801,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday (33850 Views)

Busty Lady Celebrates Her 24th Birthday, Nigerians React (Pics) / Dan Ladi Celebrates His 24th Birthday In Style (Photos) / "Are You Sure You Are 24 Or 42?" - Lady Who Celebrated Her 24th Birthday Asked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by BloggersNG: 7:54pm On May 24, 2018
Birthday day comes once in a year, very special for most of us as we tend to make the best out of it irrespective, But this lady who just turned 24 is saying that she wished the day never existed So indirectly 'she wished she was never born', In an emotional post she made on her Page Chayil Obi poured out her heart and how she failed times without numbers, her struggle and having a baby at 17, she said;

''I wished today would somehow not exist.
As a child, I had dreams.
Go to school, become a medical doctor, be successful, get married to a Prince charming, have beautiful children, fulfill whatever purpose God had for me and touch lives.
Then life happened.
Got into the University at 16 to study a course I hated,
8 years after I'm still an undergraduate.
Why?
Pregnant and out of school at 17,
Single mom at 18,
Got into school again at 20 to become a Doctor of Optometry,
Became a pariah and object of scorn,
Guilt filled and shame faced 70% of the time,
Found a passion in fashion design and writing,
Learned to mix fashion design and hectic optometry school cos a girl's gotta eat,
Big heartbreak,
Physical and emotional abuse,
Rape,
And so much more... Who would have thought life would be this way for me?
I've battled with suicide, depression and a broken spirit.
I even started believing people's description of me - not good enough, RCF jezebel, unworthy, abusive, bitter, angry, Peace destroyer, table turner and many more.
I probably cry Myself to sleep 300 out of 365 nights a year.
Today I'm 24 and my most precious lessons are
GRACE and TIME.
God's Grace is beyond my imaginations. His plans for me are beyond my greatest dreams. I'm clean in His eyes and overwhelmingly loved by Him. There will be times when I want to give up and believe the report of men, but Grace will never let me! Grace will never give up on me! When I'm too weak and broken to get up, Grace will strengthen me and groom me.
Everyone has their divine timing. Trying to go ahead of my time or slower than it is utterly destructive.
So here I am, grateful for my life regardless of how it's been.
Broken and wounded beyond words but confident in God's love, knowing that:
I am worthy,
I am valuable,
I matter to God,
My dreams are still valid and attainable,
I'm His special Princess,
Gradually evolving into a true glorious Queen.
My scars are there to strengthen others.
I AM 24
I AM UNASHAMED
Happy birthday to Me
Chayil 2.0

Gossip From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/05/i-wish-this-day-never-existed-pretty.html

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 24, 2018
cry

2 Likes

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by malificent(f): 8:01pm On May 24, 2018
You're strong dear smiley

10 Likes

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Gentle034(m): 8:19pm On May 24, 2018
Nollywood dey find u, over scripture they worry you, and I believe if you follow dere, over blessing fit be for u.

36 Likes

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by cyndy1000(f): 8:24pm On May 24, 2018
I believe in the saying we might be age mates but not grace mates!. it's doesn't really matter how you started but how far you ended and what you achieved so far and impacted.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by columbus007(m): 11:07pm On May 24, 2018
simply put that you lost your senses but of course your legs were wilder.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 24, 2018
This kind of lady later become best companions.
They have seen and have conquered the negative words of men by the grace of God.

Mistakes are past and since she didn't die then, God kept her for a reason.

Keep it up woman, u are going there.

Please, just pass if my opinion is too much for u to understand instead of insults, thanks.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by SoapQueen(f): 11:54pm On May 24, 2018
kingkakaone:
This kind of lady later become best companions.
They have seen and have conquered the negative words of men by the grace of God.

Mistakes are past and since she didn't die then, God kept her for a reason.

Keep it up woman, u are going there.

Please, just pass if my opinion is too much for u to understand instead of insults, thanks.

You are very right. That is why people love Cardi B.

1 Like

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Nobody: 1:42am On May 25, 2018
SoapQueen:

You are very right. That is why people love Cardi B.
Please o, who is Cardi B?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by SoapQueen(f): 6:53am On May 25, 2018
kingkakaone:

Please o, who is Cardi B?
BTW,I have always seen most of Ur posts and they are well articulated and mature and I want us to be friends outside NL...Just friends, chats and nothing more.
That's if u are okay with it.

Really? Mature? Crazy, sloppy me?

Thank you, Sir?

Okay, Sure!

Have a good day today.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Rachelsblog(f): 7:29am On May 25, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Nobody: 8:44am On May 25, 2018
SoapQueen:

Thank you, Sir?

Okay, Sure!

Have a good day today.
A good day to u too...
Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Ellachi93(f): 9:09am On May 25, 2018
Wow,I'm so inspired. When you think you are having it bad,someone else is going through worse.

7 Likes

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Lalas247(f): 9:11am On May 25, 2018
Chai ... Glory be to God

Some would have taken their life if all these things happened to them ...

Nice read ..

1 Like

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by czarina(f): 10:03am On May 25, 2018
Inspiring kiss

Check my profile if you live in Jos and environs cool
Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by tomdon(m): 10:19am On May 25, 2018
Close leg them no go gree
Ashawos

2 Likes

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Egooyinbo: 11:00am On May 25, 2018
Death didn't come so not that bad
Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by IgedeBushBoy(m): 11:00am On May 25, 2018
Sorry dear, look on the brighter side. These lessons were only meant to make you stronger, a survivor. Those you are now. Pick yourself up and go all out for your dreams. Happy birthday!

2 Likes

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Lokidude(m): 11:01am On May 25, 2018
Aww.

Buy your verified and Un-verified Naija, UK and US Adsense. Check my signature for contact
Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by BlackHatNaija: 11:01am On May 25, 2018
I like the ending of your story. You're Beautiful and it can only be God's grace that's kept you.

You can still fulfill those dreams. You're 24 and it's very much possible.

1 Like

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by fatymore(f): 11:01am On May 25, 2018
Was she raped at 17or who carry belle give am

Everybody looking for sympathy

10 Likes

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by KosyJerry(m): 11:02am On May 25, 2018
BloggersNG:
Birthday day comes once in a year, very special for most of us as we tend to make the best out of it irrespective, But this lady who just turned 24 is saying that she wished the day never existed So indirectly 'she wished she was never born', In an emotional post she made on her Page Chayil Obi poured out her heart and how she failed times without numbers, her struggle and having a baby at 17, she said;

''I wished today would somehow not exist.
As a child, I had dreams.
Go to school, become a medical doctor, be successful, get married to a Prince charming, have beautiful children, fulfill whatever purpose God had for me and touch lives.
Then life happened.
Got into the University at 16 to study a course I hated,
8 years after I'm still an undergraduate.
Why?
Pregnant and out of school at 17,
Single mom at 18,
Got into school again at 20 to become a Doctor of Optometry,
Became a pariah and object of scorn,
Guilt filled and shame faced 70% of the time,
Found a passion in fashion design and writing,
Learned to mix fashion design and hectic optometry school cos a girl's gotta eat,
Big heartbreak,
Physical and emotional abuse,
Rape,
And so much more... Who would have thought life would be this way for me?
I've battled with suicide, depression and a broken spirit.
I even started believing people's description of me - not good enough, RCF jezebel, unworthy, abusive, bitter, angry, Peace destroyer, table turner and many more.
I probably cry Myself to sleep 300 out of 365 nights a year.
Today I'm 24 and my most precious lessons are
GRACE and TIME.
God's Grace is beyond my imaginations. His plans for me are beyond my greatest dreams. I'm clean in His eyes and overwhelmingly loved by Him. There will be times when I want to give up and believe the report of men, but Grace will never let me! Grace will never give up on me! When I'm too weak and broken to get up, Grace will strengthen me and groom me.
Everyone has their divine timing. Trying to go ahead of my time or slower than it is utterly destructive.
So here I am, grateful for my life regardless of how it's been.
Broken and wounded beyond words but confident in God's love, knowing that:
I am worthy,
I am valuable,
I matter to God,
My dreams are still valid and attainable,
I'm His special Princess,
Gradually evolving into a true glorious Queen.
My scars are there to strengthen others.
I AM 24
I AM UNASHAMED
Happy birthday to Me
Chayil 2.0

Gossip From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/05/i-wish-this-day-never-existed-pretty.html

Hold you head high and keep moving. You would see what God has in stock for you.. it’s time

1 Like

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Nobody: 11:02am On May 25, 2018
oja ti je ẹ... all shades of oloshoism grin

1 Like

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by shammahyaro(f): 11:03am On May 25, 2018
strength of a woman
Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Nobody: 11:03am On May 25, 2018
fatymore:

don't mind her grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by owomida1: 11:03am On May 25, 2018
Ogbeni ur own better.

Na suffer be this one? mtcheeew
Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by hush15: 11:04am On May 25, 2018
SoapQueen:

Thank you, Sir?

Okay, Sure!

Have a good day today.

You berra be careful with those sweet words o. Shine ur eyes. Dunno you but i dont want to see a post on nairaland bout you for the wrong reasons abeg.

Cheera
Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by oyetunder(m): 11:05am On May 25, 2018
fatymore:

You are right. Thank God this one no blame the devil for it all. Some are busy enjoying tramadol...uncountable sex partners...later nah devil.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by fatymore(f): 11:05am On May 25, 2018
last35:
don't mind her grin grin
i thought she lost her parents or she had an accident...........
if everyone starts writing their stories like this what will now happen.

Life is not a bed of roses jare.

We all have a story to tell... The sweetest thing is coming out stronger, better and successful.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Nobody: 11:06am On May 25, 2018
Rape rape everywhere
Sympathy hunters

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by tellibody: 11:06am On May 25, 2018
Egooyinbo:
Death didn't come so not that bad

i agree
Re: 'I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday by Viking007(m): 11:06am On May 25, 2018
kingkakaone:

A good day to u too...

Can I send my WhatsApp contact or what?
cheesy You need to work on your skills. This one is ridiculous.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibrahim Yar'adua And Saratu Sodangi's Wedding Photos / 2 Brothers Who Drowned In A Beach Buried Together In Uyo Amidst Tears(pics) / "One Corner" Played At A Wedding: Guests Go Gaga (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.