Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit (976 Views)

Myanmar Coup D'etat: Full Text Of army Statement On State Of Emergency (Photos) / Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General / Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by Abbeyme: 9:49pm On May 24, 2018
May 24, 2018
His Excellency
Kim Jong Un
Chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Pyongyang

Dear Mr. Chairman:

We greatly appreciate your time, patience, and effort with respect to our recent negotiations and discussions relative to a summit long sought by both parties, which was scheduled to take place on June 12 in Singapore. We were informed that the meeting was requested by North Korea, but that to us is totally irrelevant. I was very much looking forward to being there with you. Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting. Therefore, please let this letter serve to represent that the Singapore summit, for the good of both parties, but to the detriment of the world, will not take place. You talk about your nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.

I felt a wonderful dialogue was building up between you and me, and ultimately, it is only that dialogue that matters. Some day, I look very much forward to meeting you. In the meantime, I want to thank you for the release of the hostages who are now home with their families. That was a beautiful gesture and was very much appreciated.

If you change your mind having to do with this most important summit, please do not hesitate to call me or write. The world, and North Korea in particular, has lost a great opportunity for lasting peace and great prosperity and wealth. This missed opportunity is a truly sad moment in history.

Sincerely yours,
Donald J. Trump
President of the United States of America

Sauce : https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/24/trump-north-korea-summit-canceled-letter-607131

Unfortunately, Mr Trump did not release his phone number to us undecided

Dear Nairalanders, what your opinion here. Isn't Mr Donald Trump playing a fast one on that gentleman of North Korea?

shocked shocked shocked

Or would there be a playback and repercussion?

grin

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by jidamsel43(m): 9:51pm On May 24, 2018
Take trample Trump serious at your peril

Trump foreign policy is the worst in the history of America. Many people , especially gullible Nigerians, will continue to praise him because of his relationship with Israel and Jews.
But if his unguided actions precipitate the third world war, he may not have to lose much because he is already old. The world should quickly call him to order before he truncates the fragile peace in the world

2 Likes

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 24, 2018
jidamsel43:
Take trample Trump serious at your peril

You had to talk didn't you

Okay what point did you make now ?

That the issues Trump raised are irrelevant? Or that the North Korean.leader is right to boast about nuclear powers which he obviously doesn't.really have ?.

It is better to be thought a f00l than to speak and indeed confirm the assertion

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by Abbeyme: 9:59pm On May 24, 2018
But I feel Trump placed his cards well, the aces and pick 2, go to market and hold-on.

Ultimately. He checked out on the game!

3 Likes

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by onatisi(m): 10:03pm On May 24, 2018
Trump doesn't know what war is ,it seems he is just looking for a fight anywhere. He pulled out of Iran talks against all advices,now North Korea . Soon most of us allies will isolate him

1 Like

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by jidamsel43(m): 10:04pm On May 24, 2018
Lakeside79:

You had to talk didn't you

Okay what point did you make now ?

That the issues Trump raised are irrelevant? Or that the North Korean.leader is right to boast about nuclear powers which he obviously doesn't.really have ?.

It is better to be thought a f00l than to speak and indeed confirm the assertion
if u have taken your time to study his foreign policy, u will definitely agree with me that his action is more of exhibition of mediocrity and arrogance

3 Likes

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by Nukilia: 10:06pm On May 24, 2018
Stupid! You want NK to denuclearize but you don't want to denuclearize... Because of the Libya model which Americans plan to use in NK, that's why the NKs responded harshly. The alignment of NK with SK, CH & RU is good @ the moment.

1 Like

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 24, 2018
jidamsel43:
if u have taken your time to study his foreign policy, u will definitely agree with me that his action is more of exhibition of mediocrity and arrogance

There you go again

SMH I rest.my.case you just wanted to sound smart without having any real.knowledge

I won't waste my time arguing with you further

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by Nukilia: 10:08pm On May 24, 2018
jidamsel43:

Trumps decision must have been inspired by John Bolton the WAR Criminal

1 Like

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by onatisi(m): 10:46pm On May 24, 2018
Nukilia:

He is just looking for an excuse to show his power or attack someone.
Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by Nukilia: 10:48pm On May 24, 2018
onatisi:

He is just looking for an excuse to show his power or attack someone.

That's not good @ all
Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by Lucasbalo(m): 12:02am On May 25, 2018
Nukilia:

John Bolton and all his crews are war criminals indeed. They need to face a trial at The Hague. Worthless and blood thirsty bunch and Americans are scared to death the useless five time draft dodging Captain Bonespurs will get us into another war.

2 Likes

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by tonididdy(m): 12:28am On May 25, 2018
whoever made America the "world police" .

trump is starring war and it's so evident , Russia is romancing the US enemies, putin wants trump to react, trump is turning a blind eye .

trump claims to have enhanced upgraded defence system, Kim is scared if he lives his country to Singapore, trump may fuel a coup in Nk while he is away and I support the fears of the NK supreme leader.

One guy up there said Kim has gone no missiles ...hahaha joker.

seeing putin stir a full tonne trailer like he was riding a bicycle slams fears into trumps brain. He doesn't want to confront putin because that will not end well for both countries.

All in all how prepared is my motherland Nigeria preparing or are we going to allow our lands to be test sites One Europe country already schooling their citizens on " war safety tactics" because believe it or not it's gonna happen but I pray it doesn't cause it will not be nice because world war 2 is a child play compared to what WW3 possesses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by Nukilia: 5:32am On May 25, 2018
tonididdy:
whoever made America the "world police" .

trump is starring war and it's so evident , Russia is romancing the US enemies, putin wants trump to react, trump is turning a blind eye .

trump claims to have enhanced upgraded defence system, Kim is scared if he lives his country to Singapore, trump may fuel a coup in Nk while he is away and I support the fears of the NK supreme leader.

One guy up there said Kim has gone no missiles ...hahaha joker.

seeing putin stir a full tonne trailer like he was riding a bicycle slams fears into trumps brain. He doesn't want to confront putin because that will not end well for both countries.

All in all how prepared is my motherland Nigeria preparing or are we going to allow our lands to be test sites One Europe country already schooling their citizens on " war safety tactics" because believe it or not it's gonna happen but I pray it doesn't cause it will not be nice because world war 2 is a child play compared to what WW3 possesses.

We are meat for the CIA sponsored boko haram ragtags let alone the WWIII. The nation is fighting war but the media has been compromised by telling the world we're dealing with just terrorists. We are never preparing our citizens from the NORTHERN ZOMBIE INVASION let alone a nuclear war. Its high time Nairaland guys in the military start educating citizens on surviving Zombie attacks just like we're having in Nigeria @ the moment.
Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by tonididdy(m): 8:48am On May 25, 2018
Nukilia:

We are meat for the CIA sponsored boko haram ragtags let alone the WWIII. The nation is fighting war but the media has been compromised by telling the world we're dealing with just terrorists. We are never preparing our citizens from the NORTHERN ZOMBIE INVASION let alone a nuclear war. Its high time Nairaland guys in the military start educating citizens on surviving Zombie attacks just like we're having in Nigeria @ the moment.

it's a shame ...I will see where all the stolen funds will hide our fat bellyd politicians when missiles come flying left right and centre.

PS: I still do not pray for war

1 Like

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by wirinet(m): 10:59am On May 25, 2018
jidamsel43:

His foreign policy? Trump has a foreign policy? Now, that's news to me.

Trump's foreign policy is pulling out of Iran deal and then threatening to impose the hardest sanctions on Iran, when US has almost zero trade with Iran. Trump's foreign policy is imposing sanctions on Iran by imposing sanctions on anybody that trades with Iran. Even if European country’s chicken out to Trump's treats, how do you get China, Russia, India and other countries to comply?

1 Like

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by LordReed(m): 2:14pm On May 25, 2018
Lakeside79:

There you go again

SMH I rest.my.case you just wanted to sound smart without having any real.knowledge

I won't waste my time arguing with you further

You have no point to make, if you did you'd have made instead this fake huff you are putting on.

1 Like

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 25, 2018
LordReed:

You have no point to make, if you did you'd have made instead this fake huff you are putting on.

Not huffing just ignoring you
Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by LordReed(m): 7:30pm On May 25, 2018
Lakeside79:

Not huffing just ignoring you

As fake as Trump's orange tan.

1 Like

Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 25, 2018
LordReed:

As fake as Trump's orange tan.

That literally made no sense
Re: Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit by LordReed(m): 4:50am On May 26, 2018
Lakeside79:

That literally made no sense

Made more sense than you've mustered in this thread. You've had with every reply you've given, a chance to make a point but no keep faking a huff.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Iran Accuses Israel Of Stealing Her Weather / Sophie Trudeau, Wife Of Canadian Prime Minister, Tests Positive For Coronavirus / "Mama, Papa, I Didn't Want To Go, They Made Me"- Captured Russian Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.