Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms (21560 Views)

Exposed At Last Asthma And Stomach Ulcer Cure / Alpha Meta Cures Parkinson’s Disease, Meningitis, Asthma And Arthritis. / Natural Remedies To Fast Relieve Of Asthma Attack And Cure. (2) (3) (4)

Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by bloomstar: 12:28am On May 25, 2018
Asthma is a common lung condition that causes occasional breathing difficulties.

It affects people of all ages and often starts in childhood, although it can also appear for the first time in adults.

There’s currently no cure for asthma, but there are simple treatments that can help keep the symptoms under control so it doesn’t have a significant impact on your life.

Some people, particularly children, may eventually grow out of asthma. But for others it’s a lifelong condition.

Early Symptoms of asthma

The main symptoms of asthma are:
-wheezing (a whistling sound when breathing)
-breathlessness
-a tight chest – which may feel like a band is tightening around it
-coughing

The severity of the symptoms varies from person to person. They usually come and go, but for some people they’re more persistent.
Asthma symptoms can sometimes get temporarily worse. This is known as an asthma attack.

When to get medical advice

Several conditions can cause similar Early symptoms of Asthma, such as a chest infection or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), so it’s important to get a proper diagnosis and correct treatment.

Your doctor will usually be able to diagnose asthma by asking about your or your child’s symptoms and carrying out some simple breathing tests.
But these are often difficult to do in infants and young children, so the diagnosis may be made on the basis of symptoms and response to a trial of treatment with an inhaler.

Causes of asthma

Asthma is caused by inflammation (swelling) of the breathing tubes that carry air in and out of the lungs.
This inflammation makes the breathing tubes highly sensitive, so they temporarily become narrow. This may occur randomly, or after exposure to a trigger. The tubes may also sometimes become clogged with sticky mucus.

Common asthma triggers include:

-allergens, such as house dust mites, animal fur and pollens
-other irritants, such as cigarette smoke, strong smells, gases and
-cold air
-exercise (including marathon sex)
-chest infections

The reason why some people develop asthma isn’t fully understood, although it’s known that you’re more likely to develop it if you have a close relative with the condition.

Treatments for asthma

While there’s currently no cure for asthma, there are a number of treatments that can help control the condition.
Most asthma treatments are taken using an inhaler, a small device that delivers a spray or powder medicine to your breathing tubes as you breathe in.

The main treatments are:

-identifying and avoiding asthma triggers if possible
-reliever inhalers – inhalers used when needed to quickly relieve asthma symptoms for a short time
-preventer inhalers – inhalers used regularly every day to reduce the inflammation in the breathing tubes, which prevents asthma symptoms occurring

You’ll usually draw up a personal action plan with your doctor or asthma nurse. This will include information about your medicines, how to monitor your condition and what to do if you have an asthma attack.

How long does asthma last?

Asthma is a long-term condition for many people – particularly if it first develops in adulthood.

In children, it sometimes disappears or improves during the teenage years, although it can return later in life.

The symptoms can usually be controlled with treatment and most people will have normal and active lives, although some people with more severe asthma may have persistent problems.

Complications of asthma
Although asthma can normally be kept under control, it’s still a serious condition that can cause a number of complications.

This is why it’s so important to follow your treatment plan and not ignore your symptoms if they’re getting worse.

Badly controlled asthma can cause issues such as:

-persistent tiredness
-underperformance or absence from work or school
-psychological problems – including stress, anxiety and depression
-disruption of your work and leisure because of unexpected visits to your doctor or hospital
-lung infections (pneumonia)
-in children, delays in growth or puberty
-There’s also a risk of life-threatening complications, such as severe asthma attacks.

source:http://generalhealthinfo.com/2017/11/07/asthma-in-detail/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by Vince77(m): 5:58am On May 25, 2018
Someone please explain this madness for me

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by handsomeyinka(m): 5:59am On May 25, 2018
This buhari era sef don give all Nigerians Asthma.

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by naijjaman(m): 6:01am On May 25, 2018
Ok.
Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by koolcat: 6:04am On May 25, 2018
Vince77:
testing the level of his upgraded madness aii guess

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by tectonotimes: 6:05am On May 25, 2018
Asthma is a very dangerous sickness. The earlier it is discovered and treated, the better. Do you have the capability of making millions of naira via export trade, click on the first link on my signature.

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by Riogeese(m): 6:07am On May 25, 2018
May God protect us from all kinda Disease. sad

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by Teeboi56: 6:10am On May 25, 2018
Okay may God protect us from it
Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by Frank3n2(m): 6:10am On May 25, 2018
Cool
Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by Dumdumfashion(f): 6:14am On May 25, 2018
It's a really uncomfortable thing. Mine just started recently. Sometimes i just so much tightness in my chest and it's always worst when I lay down.

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by Lordwheez(m): 6:19am On May 25, 2018
Real serious shit. Lost a brother to this. Rest on Manuel.

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by dfrost: 6:22am On May 25, 2018
Dumdumfashion:
It's a really uncomfortable thing. Mine just started recently. Sometimes i just so much tightness in my chest and it's always worst when I lay down.

Just be observant and know what triggers it. You will be fine. At least it's manageable.

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by Ayomax(m): 6:23am On May 25, 2018
Since I was born, now that I am getting old, have not seen pako children/children of the poor having asthma

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by LORDVEST(m): 6:24am On May 25, 2018
Especially marathon sex

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by lacreamieboie(m): 6:24am On May 25, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/2066801/reasons-why-apc-doesnt-represent

follow, read and get your PVC
I said that in 2014. I hope we have realized our mistakes. thank God I wasn't a contributor to this grave error.

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by OgahBohz: 6:25am On May 25, 2018
Vince77:

Its a typical case of a man on a serious codiene
diet ..

....cuz I nor understand too ooo.

osundu ..

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by wesley80(m): 6:26am On May 25, 2018
A major trigger of asthmatic attacks is "humidity". It's strange that climatic condition is often ignored. Sleeping in An air-conditioned room could make all the difference for a lot of asthmatics.

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by KangaIye: 6:27am On May 25, 2018
Marathon Sex

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by Dumdumfashion(f): 6:29am On May 25, 2018

dfrost:

Just be observant and know what triggers it. You will be fine. At least it's manageable.
Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by okomile(f): 6:32am On May 25, 2018
Get diagnosed early.

Know your peculiar symptoms and get treated immediately.

Pple find it difficult to go to the hospital these days. So many delay treatment until damage has-been done to their bodies.

God heal us all

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by Nobody: 6:33am On May 25, 2018
Asthma is a bitch. I know someone who probably cannot attend comedy shows cause if he laughs too hard, that's a trigger for an attack.

Chronic asthma patients have a sad life, really.

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by zone51: 6:36am On May 25, 2018
Vince77:

You get time to notice the madness abi grin

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by lonelydora: 6:37am On May 25, 2018
Get diagnosed early to know your triggers. If you can DO NOT USE INHALERS. Once you start using inhaler, you can't do without it. Ventolin, Piriton and Franol, can help.

In all cases, pray to God for healing. I have seen people prayers healed theirs.

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by wittyt98(m): 6:50am On May 25, 2018
Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by Kunleskey(m): 6:50am On May 25, 2018
The fear of dust is the beginning of asthma.

prevention is better than cure.

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by dfrost: 6:55am On May 25, 2018
Dumdumfashion:

You're welcome.
Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by MrBONE2(m): 6:57am On May 25, 2018
Transmission and transfussion hulaboo here in nigeria is enough to triger Asthma grin

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by mhizoma(f): 6:58am On May 25, 2018
When mine came. I felt am being cheated cos it started three years ago, unknown allergies and when I have attack its severe, well daily use of inhaler and my doctors number always keeps me going.

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by Nobody: 6:59am On May 25, 2018
I have lived with Asthma since childhood and I am still managing it now that I am married with a child.

I don't wish asthma to my worst enemy cos this disease nearly ruined my life.

The best way to manage asthma is just know what your allergies are and avoid them completely and always carry your inhaler on you everytime.

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by Afec1000givers: 7:02am On May 25, 2018
op seriously i use carnabis to cure my asthma.No more symtoms or a trace of it in my breath.I'm not joking.
Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by felo812000(m): 7:15am On May 25, 2018
[YES O.I HAD A SEVERE ATHSMA BUH CHRIST HEALED ME.MINE WAS SO COMPLICATED THAT I CANT EVEN STAY IN A WARM ROOM. quote author=lonelydora post=67858340]Get diagnosed early to know your triggers. If you can DO NOT USE INHALERS. Once you start using inhaler, you can't do without it. Ventolin, Piriton and Franol, can help.

In all cases, pray to God for healing. I have seen people prayers healed theirs. [/quote]

Re: Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:17am On May 25, 2018
Did I see Marathon sex, that means am in deep shiit

UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) / Nigerian Victim Of Gas Explosion Shows Shocking Recovery Photos, fans react. / Multiple Sex Partners Among Women Increases Risk Of Cervical Cancer