Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew (44166 Views)

Simple Cheap But Very Rich And Delicious White Rice With Vegetable Stew Pics. / Eat Healthy! How I Prepare Delicious Nigerian Vegetable Salad, (photos,video) / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by sanchezJ(f): 7:48am On May 25, 2018
Garlic inside vegetable stew?! Issokay...i go prefer "iru" (locust beans),dried fish and okporo abi wetin dem dey call am. Weldone sha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by Zane2point4(m): 8:03am On May 25, 2018
This one una dey talk na long story
Abeg no time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by ladygudhead(f): 8:08am On May 25, 2018
SoapQueen:

Na Food be everything o. I like food die. Na owho soup I wan perfect. My owho soup recipe is still suffering.
do u mind if i teach you, do you stay in warri?
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by ladygudhead(f): 8:09am On May 25, 2018
Veggie oh veggie!
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by SoapQueen(f): 8:10am On May 25, 2018
ladygudhead:

Not at all, that is so kind of you. I will love that. I am not in Warri, presently.
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by ladygudhead(f): 8:17am On May 25, 2018
SoapQueen:

Not at all, that is so kind of you. I will love that. I am not in Warri, presently.
Alright. No qualms.
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by okomile(f): 8:22am On May 25, 2018
SoapQueen:

Na Food be everything o. I like food die. Na owho soup I wan perfect. My owho soup recipe is still suffering.

Eeeyaaa. pele
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by 1LadySule(f): 9:02am On May 25, 2018
DELICIOUS.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by Ojuri20: 11:20am On May 25, 2018
ikukuhero:

You need to boil the beef / fish first to get the stock out. Remove the fish / beef from its stock before frying. Personally, I do not fry my fish/ beef/chicken/Turkey. I just grill them in an oven or allow them fry in their own oil, in a non-stick pot on low heat. For me, It tastes better that way. Dry fish works well with this recipe.

In addition, this recipe can also taste nice with water leaves, soft pumpkin leaves, or those dark purple aubergines. If made with pumpkin leaves (ugu) or aubergines, try eat the sauce with boiled yam or boiled unripe plantain. For aubergines, you need to cook and mash the raw aubergine before adding it.

Now, whoever started this thread has got me salivating. TGIF! Enough time to eat good food..

I can relate...You're a great cook

Take a bow pls
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by Nobody: 11:34am On May 25, 2018
sanchezJ:
Garlic inside vegetable stew?! Issokay...i go prefer "iru" (locust beans),dried fish and okporo abi wetin dem dey call am. Weldone sha
Garlic is good for virtually everything. Depends on the quantity.Nigerians are not lovers of garlic I think.
See,in Russia,consumers of strong drinks like brandy chew raw garlic. Just to neutralise the taste of the drink.

If I'm preparing this veggie, sometimes I add carrot and green beans. As long as the concoction is sweet.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by Bastonworld(m): 12:41pm On May 25, 2018
Oladipo1166:
the food no even sweet
because u cant prepare it
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by lastdon5: 2:43pm On May 25, 2018
okomile:
I can relate.
Pot of this is finished by family. Always fighting for leftover in the morning to eat rice. grin

Ladies, please learn how to cook. Your food will be sweet and your family will appreciate you. No food they eat out will satisfy them except your own. Best of luck

This is the family secret my great-grandma, grandma and my mother passed to my female siblings to pass to their grand daughters and great grand daughters...

and also the reason my mother always insist that my brothers and i potential fiances' should cook in our individual kitchen whenever she visits so as not to turn us wayward men.. because she always says na one thing dey bring another thing.
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by okomile(f): 2:51pm On May 25, 2018
lastdon5:

This is the family secret my great-grandma, grandma and my mother passed to my female siblings to pass to their grand daughters and great grand daughters...

and also the reason my mother always insist that my brothers and i potential fiances' should cook in our individual kitchen whenever she visits so as not to turn us wayward men.. because she always says na one thing dey bring another thing.

Hehehehehee
Guys should learn how to cook bcoz of going to school. After that, babes should cook for them.

If she knows you cook well, Na u go Dey turn semo for gas. Nothing bad in helping out in the kitchen though. Ladies take undue advantage

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by Premiumwriter: 3:16pm On May 25, 2018
ladygudhead:
I won't mind. About going to school now and the only thing I can cook is boiled yarn and eba grin
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by ladygudhead(f): 3:37pm On May 25, 2018
Premiumwriter:
I won't mind. About going to school now and the only thing I can cook is boiled yarn and eba grin
oh eyaa. How do we go about it, you dont stay in warri na?
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by Premiumwriter: 4:10pm On May 25, 2018
ladygudhead:
oh eyaa. How do we go about it, you dont stay in warri na?
Nope.

This school go hard sha grin
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by ladygudhead(f): 4:19pm On May 25, 2018
Premiumwriter:
Nope.

This school go hard sha grin
Hahahahahahh...You can start today.And start with simple food like beans, jollof rice etc
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by Premiumwriter: 4:43pm On May 25, 2018
ladygudhead:
Hahahahahahh...You can start today.And start with simple food like beans, jollof rice etc
beans is simple

My favorite food tongue
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by ladygudhead(f): 6:04pm On May 25, 2018
Premiumwriter:
beans is simple

My favorite food tongue
I love beans too. Whenever you are ready to cook beans just holla me,i will teach you.
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by Premiumwriter: 6:11pm On May 25, 2018
ladygudhead:
I love beans too. Whenever you are ready to cook beans just holla me,i will teach you.
OK.

I've sent you a PM
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by ladygudhead(f): 6:24pm On May 25, 2018
Premiumwriter:

OK.

I've sent you a PM
Ok. i will check my mail and reply you later this night.
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by vinegurl(f): 7:14pm On May 25, 2018
post=67858424:
TANTALIZING wink
Mouth watering.
Inviting.
Delicious.
Lip-smacking.

My favourite when served with...........
Wow you sabi better thing ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by vinegurl(f): 7:20pm On May 25, 2018
1LadySule:
DELICIOUS.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by vinegurl(f): 7:22pm On May 25, 2018
Riogeese:
I prefer Ofe Owerri soup cheesy
Will post that soon, so stay tuned
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by vinegurl(f): 7:23pm On May 25, 2018
BleSSedMee:
Made this yesterday for the fam. Got everyone licking fingers. Lol.

Nice one OP.
Wow, good to know
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by vinegurl(f): 7:24pm On May 25, 2018
tunary:
This kind early morning by force hungry don dey catch me
Sorry no vex

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by vinegurl(f): 7:25pm On May 25, 2018
Chiemenam:
The vegetable is overcooked. it should be once the vegetable is in, bring down the pot.
Are you for real? It it over cooked?
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by vinegurl(f): 7:26pm On May 25, 2018
kalu61:
l will try that this weekend. Nice one there.

Sure you should
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by vinegurl(f): 7:27pm On May 25, 2018
fajul:
Make Ofe Owerri in your next video pls
Oh thanks dear for the suggestion, will try that as soon as possible
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:37pm On May 25, 2018
vinegurl:

Wow you sabi better thing ooo
Lol wink, sure I do sis.
Good job and Thumbs up!
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by Riogeese(m): 9:17pm On May 25, 2018
vinegurl:

Will post that soon, so stay tuned
kiss
Re: Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew by Premiumwriter: 10:14pm On May 25, 2018
ladygudhead:
Ok. i will check my mail and reply you later this night.
didn't get this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Cake Design A Man Ordered Vs What He Received (Photos) / How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.