Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? (10197 Views)

Love And Relationships Do Not Interest Me Anymore, How About You Guys. / Why Are So Many Healthy People Dying Suddenly These Days / Course Mate Relationships: Do They Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Lazyreporta(m): 12:09pm On May 25, 2018
The number of healthy relationships out there, while increasing due to some of the awareness being brought to the concept, is still pretty low. Why is that? I once believed I had great parents. In retrospect, I realize that there was no real love shown between them. There was never an: I love you exchanged that I ever witnessed. Why should that be such a big deal?

When there is no love shown between the parents, it creates insecurity in their children. In my case, when I went out into the dating world, I was shy and insecure. I didn’t feel as though I had anything to offer. I felt unloved and unlovable. When children grow up around parents that do not show love to each other, children in turn perpetuate that in their own relationships in the future. Is that the type of relationship that you want for your children? The same kind of loveless, trapped relationship you may be in now? One you may have been exposed to by your own parents?

Parents stay together for years without showing the proper example of a loving, healthy relationship to their children. This in turn makes the kids think: That’s just the way things are. They become emotionally and mentally conditioned and anchored into feeling like dysfunctional relationships are normal. If the parents had worked to maintain a healthy relationship, or separated into other, healthier relationships, the kids might have had a clue by the time they reached their own teenage dating years.

I had one friend who was married to a girl that he got pregnant at the age of 16 or 17. Over the years, what may have seemed like love at first, turned into a marriage solely for the sake of the children. He began to have an affair. She started gaining weight – a lot of weight. She was seeking her happiness in food and using it to fill her up with that feel good sensation she was missing in her marriage.

At a wedding for a mutual friend, both the husband and wife shot one negative barb after another at each other. Both of their boys were extremely obese, very unhappy, and had very low self-esteem. These children hadn’t even reached dating age and they were already caught in the same trap of misery perpetuated by their parents. They will probably end up seeking out the same type of relationships for themselves, never knowing that there can be better for them. They will end up perpetuating the pain for another generation.
Parents may think they are staying together for the sake of the children, but kids need to see parents in happy, loving, supportive relationships.

The choices you make in your relationship life can certainly have an impact on the other people around you, especially the kids. There is also the impact on yourself to consider, as well as the happiness of the other person in the relationship. I have already said it before - if you are not growing together in a direction, then maybe you need to consider going your separate ways, so that you can continue to grow. The quality of your life is in direct proportion to the quality of the people you consistently spend your time with. That’s something to think about!

The ultimate impact in a relationship that involves children is how they carry their own relationship knowledge forward with them, into the next generation. Your legacy to your children should be learning what unconditional love looks like, not only in your love for them, but in your love for your partner. Your example is what sets the way for them to find the same kind of love in their lives in the future. Ultimately, the only way to see healthier relationships around us is to be a part of building our own happiness and letting it follow forward through the next generation.

LAZYREPORTA!!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by mikejj(m): 12:11pm On May 25, 2018
true many are ready for wedding not marriage....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Lazyreporta(m): 12:15pm On May 25, 2018
Coming soon:

"THE UNPREDICTABLE MAN"

1 Like

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Lazyreporta(m): 12:16pm On May 25, 2018
mikejj:
true many are ready for wedding not marriage....

Yes

1 Like

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by BiafranBushBoy: 12:30pm On May 25, 2018
Just a few.

The rest are just predators in relationships. Most of them even have innocent faces.

But the beauty of it is that the good ones are not gonna lower their standards and conviction because of some bad people out there.

10 Likes

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Lazyreporta(m): 1:04pm On May 25, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
Just a few.

The rest are just predators in relationships. Most of them even have innocent faces.

But the beauty of it is that the good ones are not gonna lower their standards and conviction because of some bad people out there.

Correct guy
Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by chiommy123(f): 1:08pm On May 25, 2018
if we consider others in whatsoever we do the world will be a better place.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Lazyreporta(m): 1:59pm On May 25, 2018
chiommy123:

Correct girl

1 Like

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 25, 2018
Is there a health relationship microscope that we don't know of?

1 Like

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:41pm On May 25, 2018
�☝️
Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Essentials1(m): 9:42pm On May 25, 2018
none

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by BlackHatNaija: 9:42pm On May 25, 2018
Hmm, in all honesty, healthy relationships is a fallacy!
Relationship is about complementing and finding a balance between your expectation and your reality.

Sometimes it's about compromise. The term healthy is misused but obvious some do have a good relationship going.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Ogaslopp: 9:45pm On May 25, 2018
For Nigeria? Wait is the country itself healthy? Abeggiii

1 Like

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Felixalex(m): 9:45pm On May 25, 2018
Send out doctors to go and do the testing
Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by maxiuc(m): 9:46pm On May 25, 2018
cheesy cheesy
Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by alatbaba1(m): 9:50pm On May 25, 2018
this one pass jamb question
Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by dalaman: 9:52pm On May 25, 2018
Relationships are hard, good relationships be it marriage or just normal healthy boyfriend and girlfriend relationship don't just happen, they are built meticulously and painstakingly.

Building and maintaining a good and healthy relationship that is selfless over a long time is what most people find very hard to sustain. Many can try at the beginning but most give up along the way and go back to their default and natural self.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by tosyne2much(m): 9:57pm On May 25, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:59pm On May 25, 2018
chiommy123:

UNFORTUNATELY, WE CAN'T. SELFISHNESS AND GREED ARE PART OF THE HUMAN NATURE.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Papertrail11(m): 10:04pm On May 25, 2018
The guys are not the problem the girls are as a matter of fact compared to the early millienial years to know not many pple have girlfriends compared to then hookup culture ti take over the girls are not giving young guys a chance

In the future we will have men who will look women and tell em they dont give a Bleep

More cases of gender wars...

1 Like

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by bukatyne(f): 10:05pm On May 25, 2018
Healthy by whose standards?

1 Like

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by dalaman: 10:16pm On May 25, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

Thses are the things that makes it hard to love and treat people well over extended period of time.

1 Like

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by dalaman: 10:19pm On May 25, 2018
Papertrail11:
The guys are not the problem the girls are as a matter of fact compared to the early millienial years to know not many pple have girlfriends compared to then hookup culture ti take over the girls are not giving young guys a chance

In the future we will have men who will look women and tell em they dont give a Bleep

More cases of gender wars...

Guys have their own very big wahala too when it comes to relationship. Many guys are just difficult to love with their many many wahala.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by ILAB(f): 10:24pm On May 25, 2018
Mine and others
Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Jamiubond009(m): 10:32pm On May 25, 2018
My last relationship was decided by penalty kicks grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by SlimCupid(m): 10:33pm On May 25, 2018
Love is simply never enough. Everyone's got deal breakers, beyond which their ability to 'manage' in a relationship becomes stretched to breaking point.
On a completely unrelated note, my girlfriend (now ex) broke up with me this morning because, wait for it, I'm not religious enough for her. Her deal breaker. Felt like I was hit by a runaway train with failed brakes embarassed

4 Likes

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by tete7000(m): 10:48pm On May 25, 2018
Lazyreporta:
The number of healthy relationships out there, while increasing due to some of the awareness being brought to the concept, is still pretty low. Why is that? I once believed I had great parents. In retrospect, I realize that there was no real love shown between them. There was never an: I love you exchanged that I ever witnessed. Why should that be such a big deal?

When there is no love shown between the parents, it creates insecurity in their children. In my case, when I went out into the dating world, I was shy and insecure. I didn’t feel as though I had anything to offer. I felt unloved and unlovable. When children grow up around parents that do not show love to each other, children in turn perpetuate that in their own relationships in the future. Is that the type of relationship that you want for your children? The same kind of loveless, trapped relationship you may be in now? One you may have been exposed to by your own parents?

Parents stay together for years without showing the proper example of a loving, healthy relationship to their children. This in turn makes the kids think: That’s just the way things are. They become emotionally and mentally conditioned and anchored into feeling like dysfunctional relationships are normal. If the parents had worked to maintain a healthy relationship, or separated into other, healthier relationships, the kids might have had a clue by the time they reached their own teenage dating years.

I had one friend who was married to a girl that he got pregnant at the age of 16 or 17. Over the years, what may have seemed like love at first, turned into a marriage solely for the sake of the children. He began to have an affair. She started gaining weight – a lot of weight. She was seeking her happiness in food and using it to fill her up with that feel good sensation she was missing in her marriage.

At a wedding for a mutual friend, both the husband and wife shot one negative barb after another at each other. Both of their boys were extremely obese, very unhappy, and had very low self-esteem. These children hadn’t even reached dating age and they were already caught in the same trap of misery perpetuated by their parents. They will probably end up seeking out the same type of relationships for themselves, never knowing that there can be better for them. They will end up perpetuating the pain for another generation.
Parents may think they are staying together for the sake of the children, but kids need to see parents in happy, loving, supportive relationships.

The choices you make in your relationship life can certainly have an impact on the other people around you, especially the kids. There is also the impact on yourself to consider, as well as the happiness of the other person in the relationship. I have already said it before - if you are not growing together in a direction, then maybe you need to consider going your separate ways, so that you can continue to grow. The quality of your life is in direct proportion to the quality of the people you consistently spend your time with. That’s something to think about!

The ultimate impact in a relationship that involves children is how they carry their own relationship knowledge forward with them, into the next generation. Your legacy to your children should be learning what unconditional love looks like, not only in your love for them, but in your love for your partner. Your example is what sets the way for them to find the same kind of love in their lives in the future. Ultimately, the only way to see healthier relationships around us is to be a part of building our own happiness and letting it follow forward through the next generation.

LAZYREPORTA!!!

You are very correct, but how do people love anyone, even themselves when they don't know the meaning of the word LOVE? A lot of people are caught in lies being portrayed as love on social media. Only when a person fully understand what love is and what it is not can he/she love himself/herself and then transmit that love to others.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 25, 2018
OP, to answer your question: very few (don't bother how I arrived at that).

Thing is there's a lot of toxin out there. Toxic folks can't have a healthy relationship. You can give what you are not (of course what you don't have).

People (a lot of) don't even love themselves, how could they possibly love others in the right way?

Just saying.
Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by CandidSeeker(m): 10:55pm On May 25, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

We Can Sir.

I believe you've heard words like:

Altruism (selfishness)

Contentment (greed)

-Peace.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 25, 2018
SlimCupid:
Love is simply never enough. Everyone's got deal breakers, beyond which their ability to 'manage' in a relationship becomes stretched to breaking point.
On a completely unrelated note, my girlfriend (now ex) broke up with me this morning because, wait for it, I'm not religious enough for her. Her deal breaker. Felt like I was hit by a runaway train with failed brakes embarassed

There's always gonn' be 'deals breakers' bro. We are completely different. But I think your lady didn't do much as regard to the 'fine art of comprise' which was what was lacking that ultimately ended your relationship.

I'm sorry, man
Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 25, 2018
ILAB:
Mine and others

Three words ? Say something, give pointers...just anything someone might pick a lesson or two.
Re: How Many Healthy Relationships Do You See Out There? by Nobody: 12:37am On May 26, 2018
Very few op. Veeeeeerrrrry few. Truth is, more and more peeps are becoming selfish. No one goes into relationships to give. They all wanna take take take! They all say "What is in for me"? We have a lot more dysfunctional individuals from dysfunctional homes, more peeps with mental illnesses walking down the streets.

And you know what? The society doesn't help matters either. Its like a virus. Its in the air we breathe in. No one promotes relationships with solid foundations. No one promote good values. NO ONE PROMOTES SANCTITY AND FIDELITY FROM BOTH SEXES IN MARRIAGE. Every home with their ish. Parents dragging their single children who are of age into unwholesome and toxic unions. Mentally deranged peeps making fun of single ladies. What do you expect? Everybody is rushing everybody into marriage and married couples are killing one another. Of course, relationships of now will have absolutely no direction and meaning with the way things are going.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does Sweet In The Middle Mean, In Reference To A Fat Person / Best Silhouette Compilation Disturbing Images❤❤❤ / My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.