Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala (38291 Views)

Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday / Greenfield University: "We Paid N180m For The Release Of Our Children" - Parents / Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by 34webers(m): 4:13pm On May 25, 2018
[s]
SalamRushdie:

You cannot curse me over a man that supritended over the killing of over 800 shias in cold blood and one that has been clearly partial in the dispensation of justice as regards killer Herdsmen ... If Buhari is complicit in anyway in the current Fulani killer herdsmen episode and you know in your hearts of hearts he has been protecting them then may it never be well with him and all his supporters
[/s]
Absolute nonsense coming from gej stooges. Even dasuki children dey sleep sometimes unlike this one that spend 24 hrs on nairaland insulting buhari on every topic. I repeat, which illegal business you dey do wey buhari STOP? grin He has now switched from "that puts guns in the hands of herdsmen to kill innocent people" to "buhari is complicit". Even at that, if buhari is complicit, may his end be miserable, but if not, may you and your entire household live extremely miserable lives and die of terrible disaster leading to burning alive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Barzinime(m): 4:14pm On May 25, 2018
Dont mind them....i dont know what they want to gain from saying jargons
hbs85:
17 bill, price tag to pay for what rightly belong to the masses. And some miscreant will be there discrediting this govt.

2 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by zeembab(m): 4:16pm On May 25, 2018
WHAT LED TO ARAB SPRING IN EGYPT, TUNISIA AND OTHERS IS A CHILDS PLAY COMPARE TO BLATANT LOOTING OF THE
TREASURY BY SUCCESSIVE GOVERNMENT AND POLITICIAN.

NIGERIAN YOUTH ARE TOO LAZY TO EVEN CALL THE LEADERS TO ORDER.

SUFFERING AND SMILING..........WHAT A SHAME !

planetzoom:
We paid NASS N17b as "election expenses" for its members, in order to have 2015 Budget passed.

-Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

(...in page 80, of her book 'fighting corruption is dangerous'...)
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Abdul4trust1(m): 4:17pm On May 25, 2018
EasterDell:

Thanks for the clarification! Let me help you:
GEJ is corrupt! PMB is irresponsible!
& You remain a smelling idiot!
Bleep You Fool
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by buhariguy(m): 4:20pm On May 25, 2018
EasterDell:

Point if correction! I have no sympathy for GEJ. We voted Buhari to clean up this mess. Yet he only gives us excuses
I don't know the problem of the jobless intellectually lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra.

What is their problem for Christ sake?

Buhari has just stop such 419 practice by legislooters and idiotic pigs of Biafra are still complaining of why buhari stop such criminal act.

2 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by maestro2000(m): 4:25pm On May 25, 2018
EasterDell:
This was when we even had a World Class finance minister!

With the dullard and his confused ministers today + all the budget padding, only God knows how much they are adding now!

#OBJWhereIsThePower
#GEJWhereIsOurMoney
#PMBWhereIsTheChange
#NigeriansWhereIsOurSense
OBJ is corrupt!
GEJ is incompetent!
PMB is irresponsible!

Anyone who supports any of these, is a fool!

kindly permit me to make use of your submission

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by ABHAKS: 4:32pm On May 25, 2018
EasterDell:

With the dullard and his confused ministers today + all the budget padding, only God knows how much they are adding now!

#OBJWhereIsThePower
#GEJWhereIsOurMoney
#PMBWhereIsTheChange
OBJ is corrupt!
GEJ is incompetent!
PMB is irresponsible!

You lack sense of reasoning. What has PMB got to do with this statement by Ngozi

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by EasterDell: 4:32pm On May 25, 2018
Abdul4trust1:
Bleep You Fool
Bleep you idiot!
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by EasterDell: 4:34pm On May 25, 2018
ABHAKS:

You lack sense of reasoning. What has PMB got to do with this statement by Ngozi

You are a monkey! Who is your president today, and what has he done about this grave allegations?

Did we vote him to read news with us?
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by dukecharles(m): 4:37pm On May 25, 2018
EasterDell:

#OBJWhereIsThePower
#GEJWhereIsOurMoney
#PMBWhereIsTheChange

Support Kingsley Moghalu
OBJ is corrupt!
GEJ is incompetent!
PMB is irresponsible!

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by EasterDell: 4:38pm On May 25, 2018
buhariguy:
I don't know the problem of the jobless intellectually lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra.

What is their problem for Christ sake?

Buhari has just stop such 419 practice by legislooters and idiotic pigs of Biafra are still complaining of why buhari stop such criminal act.

These FoolishFulaniCows, I am baffled at how easily you are deceived, just like your counterparts the IdioticPigsOfBiafra.

Perpetual budget padding has continued unabbetted under Buhari. and he has done nothing about it!

Please go and chew grass!

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by BusyBizzyBoss(m): 4:47pm On May 25, 2018
So Okonjo-Iweala's hand is still clean all this nonsense, flying moneys. She must be a magician. More trouble for David Mark, Tambuwal and co only if Buhari becomes serious.

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by 34webers(m): 4:51pm On May 25, 2018
[s]
EasterDell:

These FoolishFulaniCows, I am baffled at how easily you are deceived, just like your counterparts the IdioticPigsOfBiafra.

Perpetual budget padding has continued unabbetted under Buhari. and he has done nothing about it!

Please go and chew grass!
[/s]
Another nonsense coming from them again. They will see one thing but call it the other, and they shamelessly do so. From this report, it should have been clear to the cursed idiotic pigs of biamumus that money was being paid to NASS by their ineffectual boofoon to get budget passed, another clear indication that budget padding has been their business only to be discovered in buhari's first budget. But trust the cursed tribe potopoto descendants, they will rather understand it upside down, so I am not surprised.

2 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by comrade234: 4:58pm On May 25, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Not surprised. GEJ is a confused mugu. I now understand why they are holding Buhari to ransom on the budget.

Some of us reason with our asses instead of our mind. I hope that some of us will be privileged to find ourselves in a leadership position one day in order to understand what it means to negotiate or lobby. Someone in the course of negotiations agreed that his take home or money he is entitled to be cut down by 13%. Thirteen percent of 50billion naira is what? Let me calculate...... wow, I got it. It is 19.5 billion naira. Later, the legislators realized they have been raped by the federal government decided to turn the table around to their advantage in a legitimate way, it is not illegal. The money was not paid without been accounted for....even up to date, money is still been provided for political parties. The legislators in an attempt to get their money back demanded that they include in the budget 20 billion naira as election expenses. The federal government negotiated it down to 17B naira....in the course of that, the federal government got 1.5 billion naira from their yearly provision in the annual budget for the legislators and you my brother, you are calling it corruption. We are trying to find fault with the actions of the previous administration but forget that they are no longer in power. We forget that the ministers then agreed that their basic salaries and other allowances be cut down by 50 percent....did you hear that? How much have the current ministers sacrificed, nothing. We were promised before the election that their salaries will be reduced but after the election, we began to hear another story different from what we were told. Be wise my friend.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by SirBunky85(m): 5:10pm On May 25, 2018
planetzoom:
We paid NASS N17b as "election expenses" for its members, in order to have 2015 Budget passed.

-Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

(...in page 80, of her book 'fighting corruption is dangerous'...)
nothing new here.I've always known dat d main anger in d senate against pmb is cuz,the executive no dey grease dia palms any longer.

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by 34webers(m): 5:17pm On May 25, 2018
[s]
comrade234:

Some of us reason with our asses instead of our mind. I hope that some of us will be privileged to find ourselves in a leadership position one day in order to understand what it means to negotiate or lobby. Someone in the course of negotiations agreed that his take home or money he is entitled to be cut down by 13%. Thirteen percent of 50billion naira is what? Let me calculate...... wow, I got it. It is 19.5 billion naira. Later, the legislators realized they have been raped by the federal government decided to turn the table around to their advantage in a legitimate way, it is not illegal. The money was not paid without been accounted for....even up to date, money is still been provided for political parties. The legislators in an attempt to get their money back demanded that they include in the budget 20 billion naira as election expenses. The federal government negotiated it down to 17B naira....in the course of that, the federal government got 1.5 billion naira from their yearly provision in the annual budget for the legislators and you my brother, you are calling it corruption. We are trying to find fault with the actions of the previous administration but forget that they are no longer in power. We forget that the ministers then agreed that their basic salaries and other allowances be cut down by 50 percent....did you hear that? How much have the current ministers sacrificed, nothing. We were promised before the election that their salaries will be reduced but after the election, we began to hear another story different from what we were told. Be wise my friend.
[/s]
Another lame attempt by corruption defenders.
So if 13 percent of whatever rubbish of 50b is their cut, which one is 150bn they were given? Abi ur eye no see dat one? So which one is election expenses again that diplomacy had to be used to reduce from 20bn to 17bn?
I agree with you, there is the need to stop reasoning with asses because the rubbish posted up here must have come from a rectum.

2 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by harunaalh(m): 5:17pm On May 25, 2018
EasterDell:

#OBJWhereIsThePower
#GEJWhereIsOurMoney
#PMBWhereIsTheChange
OBJ is corrupt!
GEJ is incompetent!
PMB is irresponsible!

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by ALAYORMII: 5:24pm On May 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Makarfi has no history of giving bribe as a public or private officer. He's a man of integrity though no one can vouch for any other person 100% but his antecedent points that he is of different breed.

Under his watch as President, it won't happen.

And you're really convinced of what is coming out of ur head

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by sevule(m): 5:28pm On May 25, 2018
When you see stories like this, how can anyone possibly wonder why people are leaving Nigeria in droves? The very people that make laws for Nigeria are stealing the country blind and we are talking about sacrifice??
How the heck can Nigeria EVER develop when all 3 arms of government are made up of criminals?? They rape and pillage the country and they do not even leave crumbs for the masses.

The saddest part of the story is that instead of stoning these vagrants that call themselves senators and government officials, we applaud them. Some people on this thread are even justifying these thieving senators!

Our senators both Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa and other tribes are UNITED in stealing from Nigeria but yet we will come on Nairaland and call ourselves derogatory names like afonja, flat head etc!! We are indeed our own WORST enemies

I do not curse my country but Nigeria will NEVER develop as LONG as these criminals remain in power.

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by EasterDell: 5:33pm On May 25, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
Another nonsense coming from them again. They will see one thing but call it the other, and they shamelessly do so. From this report, it should have been clear to the cursed idiotic pigs of biamumus that money was being paid to NASS by their ineffectual boofoon to get budget passed, another clear indication that budget padding has been their business only to be discovered in buhari's first budget. But trust the cursed tribe potopoto descendants, they will rather understand it upside down, so I am not surprised.

Confirmed! You are right! The IditioticPigs of Biafra are cursed! Likewise the northern CowFuckingBastards!

Buhari saw budget padding, shouted, and did nothing about it. Since then, he and his band of looters have all kept quiet! Happily joining the loot!

Take it or leave it!

GEJ is incompetent!
PMB is irresponsible!
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Abdul4trust1(m): 5:37pm On May 25, 2018
EasterDell:
Bleep you idiot!
animal
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by jaybee3(m): 5:59pm On May 25, 2018
konfused:

Dude, I am not supporting Buhari, I am just amazed at those insulting GEJ and Okonjo without even taking time to read what transpired.

Everybody just ran away with the headline.

She was just detailing the opportunity cost of passing the 2015 budget but nobody read to understand what she was saying, they just saw 17billion and ran away with that.

What does her summation “This became the price to pay to have the budget passed” mean to you Mr Educated Illetrate?

Your deductive reasoning is Zero and you are here blabbing with so much authority

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Ihateyoumod: 6:01pm On May 25, 2018
seguno2:

I am very sorry for you.
Has Buhari not increased fuel price despite lower crude prices
Do you know what you are talking about?
Do you want to be enslaved forever?
Enjoy your slavery alone please.

U get problem o, price was increased to stop d whole subsidy tin, but den the price of crude oil continued to rise, coupled with the exchange rate increase......now d landing cost is higher than the price per litre, who will now pay the loss....is tht buhari fault.....there r somethings u have no control over.

I see u dnt understand these things, d only soln to this problem is having our own refinery changing govt will not solve the problem
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Ihateyoumod: 6:02pm On May 25, 2018
konfused:

Dude, I am not supporting Buhari, I am just amazed at those insulting GEJ and Okonjo without even taking time to read what transpired.

Everybody just ran away with the headline.

She was just detailing the opportunity cost of passing the 2015 budget but nobody read to understand what she was saying, they just saw 17billion and ran away with that.

There's nothing to plant this issue with, they simply bribed d rep with election fund
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by seguno2: 6:28pm On May 25, 2018
Ihateyoumod:

U get problem o, price was increased to stop d whole subsidy tin, but den the price of crude oil continued to rise, coupled with the exchange rate increase......now d landing cost is higher than the price per litre, who will now pay the loss....is tht buhari fault.....there r somethings u have no control over.

I see u dnt understand these things, d only soln to this problem is having our own refinery changing govt will not solve the problem

If oil price is rising why has the exchange rate not dropped?
Did Buhari not promise to reduce the exchange rate?
Are you saying that Buhari did not know what he was talking about on the campaign trail or he has been crazily stealing our money?
Which one
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by seguno2: 6:31pm On May 25, 2018
EasterDell:

Confirmed! You are right! The IditioticPigs of Biafra are cursed! Likewise the northern CowFuckingBastards!

Buhari saw budget padding, shouted, and did nothing about it. Since then, he and his band of looters have all kept quiet! Happily joining the loot!

Take it or leave it!

GEJ is incompetent!
PMB is irresponsible!

Take it or leave it, we Nigerians are the ultimate mumus, always wanting something without lifting our fingers.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by DonX001: 6:38pm On May 25, 2018
emmaBS:
The chances of Nigeria becoming a better place is very slim.
If 10 people are trying to pull the country up, 2,000 people would be dragging the country down. The ultimate result is obvious!
The executive arm is incompetent, the legislators are Armed Robbers. Judges are easily influenced. Religious leaders are not helping matters. Family members will run down your business if you put them in charge. Everyone around you looks to outsmart you.
No hope for a better future.
Oyinbo people, come and give me visa o.
Gbam!!!
You captured the exact situation of Nigeria completely.

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by 34webers(m): 6:42pm On May 25, 2018
[s]
EasterDell:

Take it or leave it!

GEJ is incompetent!
PMB is irresponsible!

[/s]
Coming from pained soul with their usual upturned explanation typical of akpu logic. The foolishness of the most cursed homeless pigs roaming the length and breadth of this country is unequal. If the north is cursed, what are the chased animals from yisreal doing in the north with their bugos claims?
Budget padding was discovered for the first time, thanks to pmb for stopping the usual business, and since then, it is only in the cursed imagination of roaming animals from yisreal that padding still exists. I know their reasoning, always from their asses.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by seguno2: 6:49pm On May 25, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
Coming from pained soul with their usual upturned explanation typical of akpu logic. The foolishness of the most cursed homeless pigs roaming the length and breadth of this country is unequal. If the north is cursed, what are the chased animals from yisreal doing in the north with their bugos claims?
Budget padding was discovered for the first time, thanks to pmb for stopping the usual business, and since then, it is only in the cursed imagination of roaming animals from yisreal that padding still exists. I know their reasoning, always from their asses.

After the discovery, what did superman Buhari do?
He made it worse as a thief himself.

NaijaEfcc:
The Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, OSGF, in 2017 appropriated and claimed to have spent N65 million on its website.

PREMIUM TIMES review of the 2017 budget performance of the OSGF revealed that N65 million was budgeted for the already existing website while the office claimed that N64, 855, 875, the amount released, had been fully utilised.

Quoted as ‘OSGF WEBSITE,’ the budget performance record remarked that the ‘procurement process is ongoing.’

The office of the SGF is currently occupied by Boss Mustapha who was appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari in October 2017. The office was formerly occupied by Babachir Lawal who was sacked after President Buhari adopted recommendations of a report of a panel headed by the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, which investigated allegations against Mr. Lawal who was suspended for months.

PREMIUM TIMES could not ascertain which of the two government officials executed the project.

Appearing before the Senate committee in January 2018 to defend the 2017 budget performance, Mr. Mustapha said the office received 50 per cent of its appropriation for capital projects.

“Performance for capital is N1.2 billion released as at end of December, 2017. It represents 50 per cent. We are hoping that the National Assembly will extend the lifespan of the budget so that we can handle other procurement processes.

Apparently, the fund release for the website is one of those captured in Mr. Mustapha’s 50 per cent but the cost and execution of the project left more to desire.

Spokesperson to Mr. Mustapha, Mohammed Nakorji, when contacted, declined to answer PREMIUM TIMES’ questions on how the fund was disbursed.

“I’m not an accountant please,” he snapped.

Meanwhile, technology experts say the claim was suspicious and impossible.

After a review of the website, communications officer of Paradigm Initiative Nigeria, PIN, Sodiq Alabi said the claim that N65 million was spent on the website looked ‘very impossible.’

“We have reviewed the website, it is simply shocking that N65 million was spent on the website. It’s implausible,” he said. “OSGF must provide more details on what they did with the money. The website has no special features to justify more than a million naira budget.

“It doesn’t look like they are even updating the website. The copyright is 2013. It looks very impossible and suspicious. At least the SGF office should tell us what they did with the money. They should tell us what they did with the money so that Nigerian tax payers’ mind can be at rest.”

Cheta Nwanze, Head of Research, SBM Intelligence, after a review of the website, said the N65 million could never be justified.

He said, “The website was built using the Joomla CMS, which is a free content management system. All of the media is hosted on YouTube, which is an external server. It uses Google Hosted Libraries for its content distribution. No way can it cost ₦65 million, unless I heard you wrong.”

He said the maximum cost for such a website would be $105 per month.

“Depending on the hosting package, $100 per month can get you a very good hosting plan. If you insist on using Google apps to host your emails and documents, that’s $5 per user per month. So you can do the maths.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/259183-buharis-sgf-spends-n65-million-website.html/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by SalamRushdie: 6:58pm On May 25, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
Absolute nonsense coming from gej stooges. Even dasuki children dey sleep sometimes unlike this one that spend 24 hrs on nairaland insulting buhari on every topic. I repeat, which illegal business you dey do wey buhari STOP? grin He has now switched from "that puts guns in the hands of herdsmen to kill innocent people" to "buhari is complicit". Even at that, if buhari is complicit, may his end be miserable, but if not, may you and your entire household live extremely miserable lives and die of terrible disaster leading to burning alive.

I am 100 legit and I have never soiled my reputation in crime or corruption...I still make a big boast that I have never met a man more honest than I am living or dead ..I am the epitome of honesty in life ..forget cursing me it can never hold but since you have mind to face a child of God I will release a curse on you and guess what It will hold ..your curse is ready all you have to do is reply me and receive..I am assuring you a curse from me to you will hold and nothing on earth will stop it ..please try me
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Awaja(m): 7:01pm On May 25, 2018
And you didn’t tell us then ,you choose to say it when it’ll favor you ,hmm ,God is watching.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

British Passport Linked To Saraki Forged – UK Authority / Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun / Buhari Has Stayed In London Longer Than Expected - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.