Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter (3578 Views)

Discover How To Secure Your First Profitable Real Estate Deal In Just 60-days / How To Secure Your First Profitable Real Estate Deal In Just 60-days / What Are Some International Payment Methods For Nigerian Digital Businesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by BrandSpurNG: 5:20pm On May 25, 2018
Nigerian digital publisher, Publiseer, today, reports a profit for its first quarter in 2018, adding over 200 new releases in the past 30 days. The company posts a first-quarter profit of $10,877.58, comfortably ahead of its expectations. Following the profits, Publiseer has launched its ‘Premium Distribution Service’ that will distribute books and songs for an upfront fee, allowing its authors and musical artists to keep 100% of their earnings. Nevertheless, old and new clients can still use its ‘Freemium Distribution Service’ that gives Publiseer a 25% commission on sales.

It’s taken just 8 months for Publiseer to become a money-maker. The digital publishing company reported its first profitable quarter today, driven by a 20% rise in submissions and a faster reputation growth overseas. Publiseer has thrived since its launch in August 2017, and traction has grown drastically. Since its international popularity is growing exponentially, the company is making moves to expand its services outside of Nigeria. In response to this, Publiseer has distributed the works of Canadian Youtuber Heidi Shai, American Jazz musician Ragtime Joe, and Missouri producer ANB Beats. In Africa, Publiseer has distributed the books of  Cameroonian writer Juan Gutied and Zimbabwean author Godfrey Masanga.

As of writing, Publiseer has distributed 92 books and 374 tracks by 73 authors and 154 artists, having received over 1,000 submissions since August 2017. Chidi Nwaogu, Publiseer’s CEO said: “Starting Publiseer, we weren’t focused on profitability as an early-stage company, rather, we were focused on customer satisfaction and retention. But at the beginning of the first quarter of this year, submissions doubled and thus our releases too. It’s good building something that meets a growing need, and which eventually makes lots of money.”

Publiseer is a digital publishing platform for unsigned and independent writers and musicians with low-income or from low-income families. However, the platform is open to well-established authors and musicians looking for new avenues to distribute and monetize their creative works on the World Wide Web. Publiseer has distributed the works of A-list Nigerian artists like CDQ, Klever Jay, Erigga, and DJ Jozenga of RayPower FM.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/nigerian-digital-publishing-startup-reports-first-profitable-quarter/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by postbox: 4:46am On May 26, 2018
good one
Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by Optmus(m): 7:44am On May 26, 2018
GO AND GET YOUR PVC!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by SleakBuzzPR: 7:46am On May 26, 2018
The profit you have declared is what one guy will spend on drinks in one night at Quilox....

Don't cry....you will get there.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by dotcomnamename: 7:53am On May 26, 2018
SleakBuzzPR:
The profit you have declared is what one guy will spend on drinks in one night at Quilox....

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by NaijaFutbol: 8:01am On May 26, 2018
BrandSpurNG:
Nigerian digital publisher, Publiseer, today, reports a profit for its first quarter in 2018, adding over 200 new releases in the past 30 days. The company posts a first-quarter profit of $10,877.58, comfortably ahead of its expectations. Following the profits, Publiseer has launched its ‘Premium Distribution Service’ that will distribute books and songs for an upfront fee, allowing its authors and musical artists to keep 100% of their earnings. Nevertheless, old and new clients can still use its ‘Freemium Distribution Service’ that gives Publiseer a 25% commission on sales.

It’s taken just 8 months for Publiseer to become a money-maker. The digital publishing company reported its first profitable quarter today, driven by a 20% rise in submissions and a faster reputation growth overseas. Publiseer has thrived since its launch in August 2017, and traction has grown drastically. Since its international popularity is growing exponentially, the company is making moves to expand its services outside of Nigeria. In response to this, Publiseer has distributed the works of Canadian Youtuber Heidi Shai, American Jazz musician Ragtime Joe, and Missouri producer ANB Beats. In Africa, Publiseer has distributed the books of  Cameroonian writer Juan Gutied and Zimbabwean author Godfrey Masanga.

As of writing, Publiseer has distributed 92 books and 374 tracks by 73 authors and 154 artists, having received over 1,000 submissions since August 2017. Chidi Nwaogu, Publiseer’s CEO said: “Starting Publiseer, we weren’t focused on profitability as an early-stage company, rather, we were focused on customer satisfaction and retention. But at the beginning of the first quarter of this year, submissions doubled and thus our releases too. It’s good building something that meets a growing need, and which eventually makes lots of money.”

Publiseer is a digital publishing platform for unsigned and independent writers and musicians with low-income or from low-income families. However, the platform is open to well-established authors and musicians looking for new avenues to distribute and monetize their creative works on the World Wide Web. Publiseer has distributed the works of A-list Nigerian artists like CDQ, Klever Jay, Erigga, and DJ Jozenga of RayPower FM.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/nigerian-digital-publishing-startup-reports-first-profitable-quarter/

Ndi Be Anyi!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by yemajiteru(m): 8:06am On May 26, 2018
Owo
Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by adebayo3449(m): 8:07am On May 26, 2018
Nice one
$1 is abt #366
Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by SleakBuzzPR: 8:12am On May 26, 2018
adebayo3449:
Nice one
$1 is abt #366

Calculator lomo....are you proud of yourself?

Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by ShinyJay22(m): 8:21am On May 26, 2018
Do not despise the days of humble beginnings.The best is yet to come for this company.How I wish I had the funds to invest in a start up like this... That's a potential gold mine

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by krestup: 8:34am On May 26, 2018
okay ooh
Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by revontuli(f): 8:56am On May 26, 2018
SleakBuzzPR:

They are more profitable than Uber and Twitter, who have zero profit and been burning investor money for years.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by SleakBuzzPR: 9:07am On May 26, 2018
revontuli:

They are more profitable than Uber and Twitter, who have zero profit and been burning investor money for years.

You don't know what you are saying...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by micolaj: 9:29am On May 26, 2018
ShinyJay22:
Do not despise the days of humble beginnings.The best is yet to come for this company.How I wish I had the funds to invest in a start up like this... That's a potential gold mine
You sounded like a good investor.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by gaby(m): 9:49am On May 26, 2018
Nice one..I'll be publishing with you guys right away..

Check out my siggy for Finding Europe Through Africa's Deserts and Seas-The Perils,Triumphs and Karma
Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by ShinyJay22(m): 10:09am On May 26, 2018
micolaj:

You sounded like a good investor.
I love encouraging good ideas.
Wish I had the cash to make it a monetary encouragement that'd be one of my key financial strategies( i.e funding tech startups with good potentials)
Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by grandstar(m): 10:38am On May 26, 2018
For a Internet company to make a profit, and a profit in so short a time is amazing.

If it's a publicly quoted company, buy it's shares like mad.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by micolaj: 11:16am On May 26, 2018
ShinyJay22:
I love encouraging good ideas.
Wish I had the cash to make it a monetary encouragement that'd be one of my key financial strategies( i.e funding tech startups with good potentials)
Interesting!
The only concern is that immediate financial gain will not be expected in form of dividend from such entities, at least in the short term.Because they will have to retain and re-invest early profits to establish the product and sustain their initial growth. Amazon did not pay dividend for more than ten years of its existence.
Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by GiantParrot(m): 11:19am On May 26, 2018
Well done Publiseer! More power to your elbow. Hopefully we will hear more of such good news in Nigeria.

revontuli:

Minor correction. Twitter made profits in Q4 2017 and Q1 2018. I have no idea if they have broken even though - if all the funds invested over the years have been paid for by cumulative revenue.
Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by ShinyJay22(m): 11:39am On May 26, 2018
micolaj:

Interesting!
The only concern is that immediate financial gain will not be expected in form of dividend from such entities, at least in the short term.Because they will have to retain and re-invest early profits to establish the product and sustain their initial growth, and that is only possible if they are profitable at initial stage.
Jumia is still burning investors' cash as we speak.
I know it's a long-term investment (but if you are lucky you could see dividends in a short while) not a get paid quick scheme but my bet will be on the business to succeed.The tech niche is quite impressive when it comes to investment as the potentials for return is quite high judging from the likes of successful tech coys like Facebook,twitter,amazon,blockchain technology(Bitcoin) e.t.c.
Re: Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter by kay29000(m): 1:46pm On May 26, 2018
"The company posts a first-quarter profit of $10,877.58, comfortably ahead of its expectations."

Are these numbers verifiable? If this is true, I am happy for them. The founders are really young, and I love the idea behind the company. These are the type of threads I expect the youth to get excited about... alas, the thread hasn't gone past page ONE since morning.

(1) (Reply)

Selling Kerosene In Wholesale / Everything You Need To Know To Register Your Nigerian Company In 2018 / Introducing Hotels.com.ng, A Hotels Listings And Reviews Site!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.