Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health (79506 Views)

8 Urine Abnormality May Indicate Prostatitis / 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health / 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by jtjohn(m): 5:24pm On May 25, 2018
Let us face it, most of us don't give much thought to our pee before we flush it out of sight.

But the basic details of your urine color, smell, and how often you go can give you a hint about what is going on inside your body.

A bunch of things in your body, like medications, foods, and illnesses, can affect how your urine turns out.

It may have a variety of colours, it usually ranges from deep amber or honey colour to light straw colour with golden variations in between.

The colour of urine can tell you a lot about your body.

8 urine colours and what each say about your health
The colour of urine can tell you a lot about your body. Photo: healthyyou.com
If everything is normal and healthy, the color should be a pale yellow to gold.

Here is a list of the urine colours and what they mean as compiled by TUKO.co.ke

1. Transparent or no colour.
You have been drinking a lot of water and might need to cut down on it.

2. Pale yellow.
You are normal, healthy and well hydrated.

3. Transparent Yellow.

You are normal

4.Dark Yellow
You are normal but might need to drink some water soon.

5. Brownish yellow
Sign of dehydration or a possible sign of liver disease.

6. Pinkish red
If you haven't eaten foods like carrots, blackberries or beetroots then this could be a possible sign of Kidney disease or, Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) or a tumor

7. Blue or Green
These are probably due to dyes in your food or meds you’ve taken. Possible sign of rare genetic disease if the color doesn’t go away after a short time.

8. Foamy
No matter what color it is, you should check in with your doctor if it consistently looks foamy and frothy. It may be a sign you have protein in your urine, which may mean you have a kidney disease.

Source: https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.tuko.co.ke/amp/274309-8-urine-colours-health.html

48 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by darocha1: 5:57pm On May 25, 2018
very enlightening

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by wandevincent(m): 6:05pm On May 25, 2018
Enlightening posts like this wont make FP but the useless and irrelevant ones will do......................smh for nairaland mods

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by dan9ice(m): 8:10pm On May 25, 2018
Which colour is for goloria(I wanna spell like this)

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Teewhy2: 10:00pm On May 25, 2018
When you urinate I the ground and after sometime ants are much in the place that means your sugar level is high.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Samuelscott: 10:00pm On May 25, 2018
Lol
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Ogaslopp: 10:00pm On May 25, 2018
What of the one that is sweet like Fanta and yellow like sugar

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by lilfreezy: 10:00pm On May 25, 2018
I piss purple, should I be worried?

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by ALAYORMII: 10:01pm On May 25, 2018
Red nko??
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by OLamylove: 10:01pm On May 25, 2018
Nice to know
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by saasala(m): 10:01pm On May 25, 2018
You just need to get yourself some sound sleep most times

18 Likes

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Poorboy: 10:01pm On May 25, 2018
Black nko
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by tasceige(m): 10:02pm On May 25, 2018
Argh......

Ehn but why is your post screaming liver problem, kidney problem. That's scary but its sad truth.

People, bottom line is don't wait till you're thirsty before you drink water.
Warm water is advisable early in the morning.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 25, 2018
Mine is black.
Op am I safe?

1 Like

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by akeentech(m): 10:02pm On May 25, 2018
what of Colorless? cos mine is colorless

1 Like

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Riogeese(m): 10:02pm On May 25, 2018
embarassed
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Lanretoye(m): 10:03pm On May 25, 2018
But dem tell us say yellow urine na sign of malaria.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by ernneyce(m): 10:03pm On May 25, 2018
dan9ice:

Make I hear...sabi spell Joromi undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Gangster1ms: 10:03pm On May 25, 2018
Which one be blue and green piss bikonu? shocked
Shey na spirogyra dey inside the amu? embarassed

3 Likes

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Sammyadexxx(m): 10:03pm On May 25, 2018
Nice
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by kalvoken(m): 10:03pm On May 25, 2018
wandevincent:
Enlightening posts like this wont make FP but the useless and irrelevant ones will do......................smh for nairaland mods

enlightenin, how?

have you seen anyone with red coloured urine?

in most cases it's just what you consumed a day before. Any time I take two bottles of sweating cold Goldberg or any beer, I would expect yellow urine. so nothing new here jor!

1 Like

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by VonTrapp: 10:03pm On May 25, 2018
jboy73:
Mine is black.
Op am I safe?
Poorboy:
Black nko
Lol grin una village people don finally get una be that

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by bigjoe1000(m): 10:05pm On May 25, 2018
I tot d yellow colour is a sign of maleria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by anonymuz(m): 10:06pm On May 25, 2018
Yes I agree with you,but at least you much urinate.the fact is eat healthy and drink a lot of water
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by ednut1(m): 10:07pm On May 25, 2018
Teewhy2:
When you urinate I the ground and after sometime ants are much in the place that means your sugar level is high.
bullocks

1 Like

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by madgoat(m): 10:07pm On May 25, 2018
kiss kiss kiss
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by madgoat(m): 10:07pm On May 25, 2018
bigjoe1000:
I tot d yellow colour is a sign of maleria?

Mumu

2 Likes

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Teeisaac(m): 10:07pm On May 25, 2018
Wot of black colour
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by tokrizy: 10:07pm On May 25, 2018
wait
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 25, 2018
dan9ice:

You can spell anyhow jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work / Graphic Photos: Cesarean Section Step By Step In Photos. / Lady Who Lost Both Breasts To Cancer Shows Them Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.