Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group (10386 Views)

Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son / Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi / Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by winterfell007(m): 10:12am On May 26, 2018
Ugosample:
Can this "Igbo amaka" talk just stop

It reeks of low self esteem.

honestly my bro. I usually feel ashamed when they rant 'Igbo Amaka', thinking other ethnic groups are envious of us not knowing we just displaying our 'Inferiority Complex' laced with superficial pride. We don't need to malign others just to prove our great we are. Let's us do our thing codedly while other enthic admire us without prejudice Otherwise, our phatom pride will amount to 'Empty barrels makes the most noise'

we can congratulate Ibeto for pulling this off successfully without maligning other enthic groups please!!
biko kwa!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by SalamRushdie: 10:18am On May 26, 2018
chloride6:

Do you know what it takes to be listed on just NASDAQ not even the NYSE.

The company is a small company that is traded OTC.

Its market cap isnt even up to some top Execs annual bonus at Goldman Sachs or JP morgan

But good move by IBETO anyway

Oh just checked them are out and you are right the are listed OTC stocks and not NYSE..thanks for the correction , I have adjusted my previous comment to reflect same.

1 Like

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:19am On May 26, 2018
AgamaProf:
They are trying to send a signal to the market. Ibeto is planning an IPO very soon and they want to receive massive subscription from the market.This acquisition will send a positive signal that they are financially strong.

Ibeto is not coming into your exchange anytime soon. They are going into business with Milost of New York. The group normally don't trust the value ascribed to your shares.

1 Like

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by donemitex1: 10:24am On May 26, 2018
This merger is good news for the building construction industry. It will bring an end to the monopoly we are currently experiencing in the cement production industry currently controlled by just two players, Dangote Cement and Elephant (Larfarge Cement). The price of cement which has refused to come down for several years is expected to come crashing with the expansion of the Ibeto cement group which will create a healthy competition. This merger is expected to bring the Ibeto cement on the same level with other big players in terms of availability, acceptability and nationwide distribution. We expect to see the ripple effect of this deal in the coming years. Congratulations to the Ibeto group.

5 Likes

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by freeze001(f): 10:43am On May 26, 2018
Ugosample:
Can this "Igbo amaka" talk just stop

It reeks of low self esteem.

Igbo amaka is a statement of fact and affirmation of an eternal truth! If u feel inferior or are possessed of a low self esteem, that's strictly personal to you. Indeed, Igbo Amaka!

7 Likes

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by freeze001(f): 10:45am On May 26, 2018
winterfell007:

honestly my bro. I usually feel ashamed when they rant 'Igbo Amaka', thinking other ethnic groups are envious of us not knowing we just displaying our 'Inferiority Complex' laced with superficial pride. We don't need to malign others just to prove our great we are. Let's us do our thing codedly while other enthic admire us without prejudice Otherwise, our phatom pride will amount to 'Empty barrels makes the most noise'

we can congratulate Ibeto for pulling this off successfully without maligning other enthic groups please!!
biko kwa!!!
freeze001:

Igbo amaka is a statement of fact and affirmation of an eternal truth! If u feel inferior or are possessed of a low self esteem, that's strictly personal to you. Indeed, Igbo Amaka!

1 Like

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by Ugosample(m): 11:03am On May 26, 2018
freeze001:

grin grin
Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by Xander85: 11:37am On May 26, 2018
SalamRushdie:
This is huge !! For those who don't understand what this is all about I will break it down in layman's language for y'all below .

So basically Century Oil Corp is a listed company on the US OTC stock market and Ibeto just concluded a reverse takeover of the company as well as the stick exchange listing by acquiring 70 percent of the shareholding of Century petroleum Corp and this means effective from the 28 of this month Ibeto technically owns Century petroleum Corp and which means Ibeto has reverse IPO itself into the US stock market which opens the door endless opportunity for capital acquisition from the international business scene ...Ladies and gentlemen Ibeto got to US stock market before Dangote ....Maverick business master class I must say

Nice explanation.

But can we stop this comparisons and competition with Dangote!? It's starting to get nauseating! It's like we're measuring our success based on Dangotes' own successes. We should aim far above Dangote and have the likes of Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerburg, Jeff Bezos and the Sage of Omaha as our inspiration!

3 Likes

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:38am On May 26, 2018
winterfell007:

biko kwa!!!

I read your comments yesterday preaching this same sermon... inasmuch as I agree with you to some extent, I also support those that blow the Igbo trumpet ...Why NOT start this campaign with those that burn so much energy celebrating any and all negative news about the Igbo nation? Why not start with those who are eager to educate and insult Igbo man for being bold to exercise his franchise independent of other tribe's opinion? Why not start this campaign with those who dissipate so much effort balkanizing Igbo nation and arrogating to themselves the right to determine Igbo boundaries and identity? Why not start with a president who believes that Igbo should be punished for making a political decision which didn't favour him?

In all, celebrating yourself and singing your praises is a spear in the heart of those who wish to see you sorrowful; though they pretend about this... Yes, NOBODY will celebrate you if you don't celebrate yourself...

cc Ugosample

10 Likes

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:09pm On May 26, 2018
Whynotthetruth:

I read your comments yesterday preaching this same sermon... inasmuch as I agree with you to some extent, I also support those that blow the Igbo trumpet ...Why NOT start this campaign with those that burn so much energy celebrating any and all negative news about the Igbo nation? Why not start with those who are eager to educate and insult Igbo man for being bold to exercise his franchise independent of other tribe's opinion? Why not start this campaign with those who dissipate so much effort balkanizing Igbo nation and arrogating to themselves the right to determine Igbo boundaries and identity? Why not start with a president who believes that Igbo should be punished for making a political decision which didn't favour him?

In all, celebrating yourself and singing your praises is a spear in the heart of those who wish to see you sorrowful; though they pretend about this... Yes, NOBODY will celebrate you if you don't celebrate yourself...

cc Ugosample

Err.....no. It's much easier and much more important to start from home. When I was little, I once fought with this visitor's kid outside when we were playing football. The other kid "started it". But my mum never said a word to him. I was the one that received the tongue-lashing and heavy knocks from my mum for fighting. Yorubas or other groups attacking Igbos does not embarrass me. It's only a minor annoyance that I occasionally respond to. Loud-mouthed, chest-beating Igbos irritate the hell out of me and their antics on this forum embarrass me deeply.

They think their insufferable arrogance wins them any admirers or envy, but they look like a bunch of insecure, low self esteem clowns. I'll also point out that while every group engages in these antics, Igbos are the worst on Nairaland and that's the reason they're the only group that spars with every other group: Igbo-Yoruba; Igbo-Hausa; Igbo-Fulani; Igbo-Benue; Igbo-Niger Deltans; Igbo-Igboid groups (Ikwerres, Ikas etc); even Igbo against fellow Igbos (Anambra vs everyone else).

You can stay in denial all you want or you can admit these guys are mentally ill and need serious help.

3 Likes

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by PHIPEX(m): 2:35pm On May 26, 2018
A big lesson for every entrepreneur, even when the power that be wants you down, you can surmount it. Can't believe that Obj and Dangote couldn't drown the zeal of Ibeto, I already considered his business dead.

2 Likes

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by Ejanla07: 2:39pm On May 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Err.....no. It's much easier and much more important to start from home. When I was little, I once fought with this visitor's kid outside when we were playing football. The other kid "started it". But my mum never said a word to him. I was the one that received the tongue-lashing and heavy knocks from my mum for fighting. Yorubas or other groups attacking Igbos does not embarrass me. It's only a minor annoyance that I occasionally respond to. Loud-mouthed, chest-beating Igbos irritate the hell out of me and their antics on this forum embarrass me deeply.

They think their insufferable arrogance wins them any admirers or envy, but they look like a bunch of insecure, low self esteem clowns. I'll also point out that while every group engages in these antics, Igbos are the worst on Nairaland and that's the reason they're the only group that spars with every other group: Igbo-Yoruba; Igbo-Hausa; Igbo-Fulani; Igbo-Benue; Igbo-Niger Deltans; Igbo-Igboid groups (Ikwerres, Ikas etc); even Igbo against fellow Igbos (Anambra vs everyone else).

You can stay in denial all you want or you can admit these guys are mentally ill and need serious help.
u mean am
afonja go and free the oba of ife. 2 years and counting he is still locked up

2 Likes

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by horsepower101: 2:41pm On May 26, 2018
Whynotthetruth:

cc Ugosample

Thank you for such a wonderful explanation.

Igbo Amaka. !!!!

Nobody can stop me from celebrating igbo success loudly and proudly just like Nigerias do not hesitate to wallow in joy and celebrate when they perceive failure or misfortune from igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by PHIPEX(m): 2:42pm On May 26, 2018
Xander85:

Nice explanation.

But can we stop this comparisons and competition with Dangote!? It's starting to get nauseating! It's like we're measuring our success based on Dangotes' own successes. We should aim far above Dangote and have the likes of Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerburg, Jeff Bezos and the Sage of Omaha as our inspiration!
The comparison was because the Obj led FG and Dangote wanted Ibeto cement dead. In fact the fall of Ibeto cement was the rise of Dangote cement. Even Dangote publicly demanded the revocation of Ibeto's licence. You can see that Ibeto is like a cat with 9 lives.

3 Likes

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:04pm On May 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

I have been in Nairaland long enough to know the genesis of certain issues...Alot not all of Igbo vs other groups issue began after elections was won and lost ...I was directly affected in one of them... Inasmuch as, I see some of my brothers attitude here as childish, but I will NEVER dissuade or attack or ridicule or humiliate or insult them PUBLICLY...Unity isn't about people without individual differences but among those who can TOLERATE each other's differences...

Your last line is a little insulting btw

2 Likes

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:11pm On May 26, 2018
horsepower101:

Thank you for such a wonderful explanation.

Igbo Amaka. !!!!

Nobody can stop me from celebrating igbo success loudly and proudly just like Nigerias do not hesitate to wallow in joy and celebrate when they perceive failure or misfortune from igbos.

Jisikwa ike...but understand where to draw the line biko...

1 Like

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:31pm On May 26, 2018
Whynotthetruth:

I have been in Nairaland long enough to know the genesis of certain issues...Alot not all of Igbo vs other groups issue began after elections was won and lost ...I was directly affected in one of them... Inasmuch as, I see some of my brothers attitude here as childish, but I will NEVER dissuade or attack or ridicule or humiliate or insult them PUBLICLY...Unity isn't about people without individual differences but among those who can TOLERATE each other's differences...

Your last line is a little insulting btw

It was meant to be insulting. Their antics are those of mentally unstable people struggling with low self-esteem. The insufferable pomposity is compensation for deeper etched insecurities. It makes this place intolerable for those who would like to engage in mature discourse. There is a difference between self-empowering pride in the progress of one's brothers, family, kin, tribe, nationality etc, and destructive, irritating, insufferable arrogance that others find revolting. The whole "Igbo Amaka" thing strays to the latter.

And no, it has nothing to do with elections. The politics section of Nairaland has always been like this, but it's growing worse. Why would you not dissuade people who you yourself have termed "childish"? Are you governed by personal principles or are you governed by the herd mentality of reflexive solidarity with your "brothers" whether they're right or wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:42pm On May 26, 2018
PHIPEX:
The comparison was because the Obj led FG and Dangote wanted Ibeto cement dead. In fact the fall of Ibeto cement was the rise of Dangote cement. Even Dangote publicly demanded the revocation of Ibeto's licence. You can see that Ibeto is like a cat with 9 lives.

Dangote excelled because he was the better businessman. Ibeto funny enough is personally acquainted with my dad who was a tax consultant for him after retiring from FIRS. My dad in solidarity with Ibeto, his benefactor, also spun all these conspiracy theories about how OBJ and Dangote wanted to destroy Ibeto. The reality is Dangote aggressively took advantage of Obj's reforms and incentives provided to encourage local production of cement and cornered much of the market, profiting from the tax breaks, forex waivers etc as a pioneer in the industry. Ibeto never showed the same zeal and had been more than content to import and bag cement. He got left behind by the likes of Dangote and BUA. See? Even those abokis that you think are all inferior to you are capable of being visionary entrepreneurs. The biggest architect of Ibeto's problems is Ibeto himself.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:48pm On May 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

It was meant to be insulting. Their antics are those of mentally unstable people struggling with low self-esteem. The insufferable pomposity is compensation for deeper etched insecurities. It makes this place intolerable for those who would like to engage in mature discourse. There is a difference between self-empowering pride in the progress of one's brothers, family, kin, tribe, nationality etc, and destructive, irritating, insufferable arrogance that others find revolting. The whole "Igbo Amaka" thing strays to the latter.

And no, it has nothing to do with elections. The politics section of Nairaland has always been like this, but it's growing worse. Why would you not dissuade people who you yourself have termed "childish"? Are you governed by personal principles or are you governed by the herd mentality of reflexive solidarity with your "brothers" whether they're right or wrong?

Oga nwayokwa biko...Nice day!!!

1 Like

Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by Ejanla07: 6:22pm On May 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Dangote excelled because he was the better businessman. Ibeto funny enough is personally acquainted with my dad who was a tax consultant for him after retiring from FIRS. My dad in solidarity with Ibeto, his benefactor, also spun all these conspiracy theories about how OBJ and Dangote wanted to destroy Ibeto. The reality is Dangote aggressively took advantage of Obj's reforms and incentives provided to encourage local production of cement and cornered much of the market, profiting from the tax breaks, forex waivers etc as a pioneer in the industry. Ibeto never showed the same zeal and had been more than content to import and bag cement. He got left behind by the likes of Dangote and BUA. See? Even those abokis that you think are all inferior to you are capable of being visionary entrepreneurs. The biggest architect of Ibeto's problems is Ibeto himself.

why did yar dua. give him
preferential import duties and zero VAT to compensate
him for losses under Obasanjo.
Re: Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group by Igboid: 9:38am On May 27, 2018
How insulting it is to our intellect, when a rabidly Igbophobic Afonja come on here and claim Igbo, only to end up releasing Igbophobic vituperations all his existence.

The wonders of faceless forum.

(1) (2) (Reply)

That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN / Easy Online Business -affiliate Marketing Business A Sure Way To Internet Wealth / How To Start A Successful Fast Food Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.