Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,844 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:10 AM

RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) (63152 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard / Best Man Chased Out Of Wedding Ceremony At RCCG Aba For Having Full Beard / Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:04am On May 27, 2018
MightySparrow:
These RCCG members on nairaland are foolish especially those post memos and information meant for their church on blogs and media. Every organization has policies and secrets. These ones will even post official letters of their church on blogs. To achieve what purpose?
Are you saying matas of Church (which re supposed to be of God) should be kept concealed because you are scared to subject them to public discuss and scrutiny?

Religion sha
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Deltayankeeboi: 10:05am On May 27, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

I never knew the bible told us to measure our beard to know the perfect height to be allowed in Church...which one is "Taliban Beard" again...Do you worship God or Pastor Adeboye, Do you obey what the bible tells you or what rccg memo tells you? Is the "Taliban beard" now a criteria to make happen?

#WorshipGodNotYourPastor
#StudyYourBible
abeg go and sleep. all these worship God, dont worship pastor. the bible said obey those in constituted authority.

so how does obeying a pastor relate to worship.

every church has their do's and don'ts.

was it all things bad that was mentioned in the bible? so how come you know that something is bad even when it was not classified in the bible as bad. You dont need to be a christian to have morals and same thing applies to rccgs beard rule. Because it is not in the bible does not mean it should not be observed. If you dont like it, move to another church. If you are not a member then its not your business at all
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by CecyAdrian(f): 10:06am On May 27, 2018
uboma:

It seems you have problem with comprehension.

The memo is against men wearing 'Taliban beards'. Do you sincerely think that a man with Taliban beards is really modest? RCCG has not banned wearing beards entirely as long as it is well trimmed.

Not allowing the Bridesmaids to continue wearing seductive dresses is also a good way to go.

Again, RCCG is trying to restore some sanity in the Church.

Just shut up angry angry your brainwashed brain need redemption
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:06am On May 27, 2018
zlantanfan:
This happens when people decide to follow their "commandments" instead of God own

Leviticus 21:5

'They shall not make any baldness on their heads, nor shave off the edges of their beards, nor make any cuts in their flesh.

Leviticus 19:27

'You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard.

Funny to believe its the same old testament which prescribed "tithing" which they prefer for suiting them
Bad guy
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:06am On May 27, 2018
uboma:

The memo is against men wearing 'Taliban beards'. Do you sincerely think that a man with Taliban beards is really modest? RCCG has not banned wearing beards entirely as long as it is well trimmed.

Not allowing the Bridesmaids to continue wearing seductive dresses is also a good way to go.

so the pioneers of the church including Jesus who wore Taliban beards were not modest? You are no different from an extremist and a Holier than thou.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:10am On May 27, 2018
uboma:

Tell me, does wearing long beards make one look modest?

Common sense is not common after all....
get out!!!! It's not in ur right to determine for som1 wat is modest or not...Just like the Irish abortion referendum that just ended...A very important question was asked. If u can't trust a woman's decision to abort a pregnancy why do u want to trust her with a baby??

If wearing beards doesn't make one look modest it's ur opinion and i think u av also insulted all the disciples of Christ and Christ himself..Smh
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:10am On May 27, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Leviticus 19:27 New International Version (NIV)
27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard

I agree the Bible is an insane book, good thing redeemed are going against it
Yes, the Bible is stupppid
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by obailala(m): 10:11am On May 27, 2018
MightySparrow:
These RCCG members on nairaland are foolish especially those post memos and information meant for their church on blogs and media. Every organization has policies and secrets. These ones will even post official letters of their church on blogs. To achieve what purpose?
Haba! is the church now a secret organisation or cult where internal activities or doctrine should be kept secret/confidential?... If the doctrine wasn't ridiculous for starters, there would have been no need to hide it.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Saintmary(f): 10:14am On May 27, 2018
But Jesus wore beard
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by CecyAdrian(f): 10:14am On May 27, 2018
skolobo:
that time there was nothing like saloon or clipper even scissors never dey exist

Liar!!!!! shocked shocked shocked So, hw did the women trim their hair or even some of the men their beards. How did they cut samson's hair.

Keep defending rubbish and spewing lies to cover up the rubbish

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by hopefulLandlord: 10:15am On May 27, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
stop using the bible as a link for your baseless and pointless atheism.

better go find something positive to do with your life than to be jumping on every christian thread on nairaland fooling yourself that you are an atheist.

your mates are seeking ways to benefit humanity and you are always on nairaland refreshing the section waiting for another christian thread so you can jump in and bark like a dog that just lost its tail.

mr man if you like bark from now till infinity that jesus does not exist, it will never change anything in the christian world. you remain invisible and insignificant to be an atheist. go find something better to do with your life and stop wasting away on nairaland

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"
), short for argumentum ad hominem , is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Gassa007: 10:15am On May 27, 2018
uboma:

It seems your brain is suffering from menstrual pain,which kind of useless mentality is this now

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by uboma(m): 10:15am On May 27, 2018
Ezechinwa:

you, your pastor , and the six people that liked your trash are mad

Thank you for the insult.

My only problem was stating my opinion. But because you do not agree with my opinion, you choose to insult me.

Thank you once more.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by CecyAdrian(f): 10:16am On May 27, 2018
uboma:

That command was made to a certain tribe in Israel.

You are not under that command.

So please stop trying to sound righteous.....

How about tithing young man? Keep contradicting yourselves in your defense of the lies
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by thesicilian: 10:16am On May 27, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

Not so brother

It is real
If that's the case then, there's cause for alarm.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by lydayam: 10:18am On May 27, 2018
uboma:

Tell me, does wearing long beards make one look modest?

Common sense is not common after all....

Common sense is as defined.
Now tell me Wole Soyinka is not modest.
Peter Enochie was offered a huge sum of money a few years back to shave off his beards but he declined.
We have some pastors/men of god who wear beards.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by kennsville(m): 10:20am On May 27, 2018
thesicilian:
I'm beginning to think all these so called memos are automatically generated by bloggers.

If not then somebody is taking some codine
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by explicite(m): 10:20am On May 27, 2018
uboma:

And why do people need to be judged by how they look and not the content of their heart or the behavior the portray.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Baroba(m): 10:20am On May 27, 2018
They never see moses beard when he recieved the ten commandments.. Na day one be original beard gang.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by CecyAdrian(f): 10:20am On May 27, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Are you saying matas of Church (which re supposed to be of God) should be kept concealed because you are scared to subject them to public discuss and scrutiny?

Religion sha

Secret cult things na cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Mccullum: 10:25am On May 27, 2018
This is surprising because it makes Christianity looks inferior to Islam, is it because armed robbers wearing suits and because of that other responsible peace loving gentle men should quit suit wearing. Taliban mentioned in this memo rubbish everything, even Abraham, Moses and many other prophets including Jesus had bears, what a disgrace to the scriptures in Bible.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nobody: 10:26am On May 27, 2018
Junior66:

What are you saying oga? Is your church a cult?
My church isn't a cult. There are things that shouldn't be posted on the social media
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by aspiring44: 10:30am On May 27, 2018
The church has become........
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nobody: 10:30am On May 27, 2018
Mccullum:
This is surprising because it makes Christianity looks inferior to Islam, is it because armed robbers wearing suits and because of that other responsible peace loving gentle men should quit suit wearing. Taliban mentioned in this memo rubbish everything, even Abraham, Moses and many other prophets including Jesus had bears, what a disgrace to the scriptures in Bible.
Well Taliban may not be the right word but it is the church policy it has nothing to do with scriptures.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by jrusky(m): 10:30am On May 27, 2018
I think all these funny memo are fake or being generated by bloggers for whatever reason a vest known to them.

Beard gang stuff to me its just a trend it came and it will still go. That is how u see it I don't believe in any string attached to it except those involve are trying to.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by kareemkamil(m): 10:31am On May 27, 2018
Hmmmmmm, Satanic Churche's everywhere. Even Jesus Christ has long beard. Satanic people, pity the followers.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by semyman: 10:33am On May 27, 2018
The scamming is real
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by hush15: 10:36am On May 27, 2018
Jesutomisin:

http://naijachurchnews.com/32333-2/

I think RCCG should just ban performing weddings at their churches. That way the keep the church pure of illegal doctrines.

Just saying, its the route to go...

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nobody: 10:41am On May 27, 2018
thesicilian:
I'm beginning to think all these so called memos are automatically generated by bloggers.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by ItzBIM(m): 10:41am On May 27, 2018
zlantanfan:
This happens when people decide to follow their "commandments" instead of God own

Leviticus 21:5

'They shall not make any baldness on their heads, nor shave off the edges of their beards, nor make any cuts in their flesh.

Leviticus 19:27

'You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard.

Funny to believe its the same old testament which prescribed "tithing" which they prefer for suiting them

They just pick and choose what suits them. I have no ideal why we still follow the laws of the Old Testament as a Christian, it was written for the Israelites.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by gassbee: 10:46am On May 27, 2018
God bless u daddy G O, can't imagine sitting beside a Christian brother with Taliban beards. Is very simple, if u r not comfortable with the rules, please move to the next building
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Mccullum: 10:48am On May 27, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Well Taliban may not be the right word but it is the church policy it has nothing to do with scriptures.

The reason why I think it's disgracing the scriptures is that Bible should be the constitution of all churches, againsting what is there is very unfair, having long bears never mention in scriptures as immorality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Christians Sold American Church To Muslims, Rejected Club Owners' Offer / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye / This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.