Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It (32858 Views)

Seun:Blame my moderators not me / Abia Bullion Van Robbery: I Only Moved The Arms For Operation - Suspect / I Blame Us Fighting For A Better Life For You People - Paul Okoye To DSP Edafe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by Harbdulrasaq(m): 11:35am On May 26, 2018
A 200 level Computer Science student of Caleb University and another suspected member of his gang were busted after their botched attempt to snatch a car from an Uber driver in Ikorodu area of Lagos .

One of the suspects was discovered to be son of a serving Local Government Chairman in Lagos .

The suspects: Gideon Bamidele (19) and Hafeez Anifowose, (20) as gathered, boarded the Uber cab, a Toyota Corolla car with plate number KJA 911 EG, at the early hours of Monday , in Surulere, heading towards Agric, Ikorodu.

However, on reaching Itowolo bridge , one of the suspects according to the UBER driver, Mr Otun Olugbenga, “

grabbed me by the neck pointing a gun at me. He ordered me to leave the steering. When I refused, they started struggling the steering with me . I started shouting for help, on sighting a police vehicle stationed afar , on the other side of the road. In the process, the vehicle skidded off the road and somersaulted severally before it stopped .At that point, I lost consciously briefly.”

Meanwhile, policemen at the nearby pin-down-point who raced to the scene with the intention to rescue occupants of the vehicle, became curious after Bamidele and Anifowose who crawled out of the vehicle were spotted with a gun. They ( suspects ) reportedly took to their heels on sighting the policemen approaching. While some of the policemen gave the fleeing suspects a hot pursuit, the rest rescued the driver.

Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Police Command, Imohimi Edgal who confirmed the arrest, disclosed that when the suspects were caught, they were discovered to be with a toy gun.

Speaking to reporters,Bamidele blamed his indulgence on what he described as his parents uncaring attitude. He said :

“ I blame my father for this. He abandoned me and refused to pay my school fees, not because he didn’t have the money but because he said I was wayward. Immediately my mum traveled to the UK, my dad said he was no longer interested in my schooling, just because he caught me smoking one day and concluded that he would no longer waste his money on me anymore. He is the Chairman of a local government and can not deny he does not have money . Our aim was to snatch the vehicle and sell it. I intended to use my share of the loot to settle my school fees. Take my father’s telephone number , call him to come and see me in the situation he has put me”, he said in tears.

The suspects according to Edgal would be charged to court, even as he explained that being caught with a toy gun would not douse the charges , saying they would be charged same way an armed robbery suspect with a real gun would.

http://newshelm.ng/i-blame-my-father-for-this-son-of-local-govt-chairman-arrested-for-robbery/
Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by Nobody: 11:46am On May 26, 2018
They always have someone to blame

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by odiereke(m): 11:52am On May 26, 2018
Too bad for him

1 Like

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by decatalyst(m): 3:57pm On May 26, 2018
Yoruba adage says "alagemo ti bimo e tan aimojo di owo e"

Can anyone translate?

7 Likes

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by BlackHatNaija: 3:57pm On May 26, 2018
I guess his dad made him smoke and join bad gang as well.
He even tried, he was supposed to blame the devil.

Dude is looking for a way out by implicating his father. Terrible son, he made his choice already.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by StarUp: 3:57pm On May 26, 2018
They always have someone to blame for their actions...flog him well jare!!!

1 Like

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by Jackyboy: 3:57pm On May 26, 2018
Like how Buhari blames GEJ grin grin grin

24 Likes

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by moscobabs(m): 3:57pm On May 26, 2018
Your father is a Thief and you too an Arm robber

What an heritance.

3 Likes

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by sunnysunny69(m): 3:59pm On May 26, 2018
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by gunpoint(m): 3:59pm On May 26, 2018
Is Buhari.
I blame buhari

2 Likes

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by soberdrunk(m): 3:59pm On May 26, 2018
angry
Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by lonelydora: 3:59pm On May 26, 2018
A thief will always have someone to blame. Thank God he didn't blame the devil this time.

2 Likes

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by IgedeBushBoy(m): 4:00pm On May 26, 2018
Your father didn't train you well abi? Afonja

13 Likes

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by RuthlessLeader(m): 4:00pm On May 26, 2018
I wish it were my former roommate they caught like this
Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by amansi(m): 4:00pm On May 26, 2018
kiss
Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by fergie001: 4:00pm On May 26, 2018
That father is worthy of emulation....
Was he now wrong?

5 Likes

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by Yinxies(f): 4:00pm On May 26, 2018
Your father sent you to go and rob?

I don't get it
Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by Thebrightest(m): 4:01pm On May 26, 2018
Father dey steal, son dey rob, probably mother dey do Runz.

2 Likes

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by LZAA: 4:01pm On May 26, 2018
34webers:
You are not the first to blame anyone for ur crime, the idiotic pigs of biamumus have also been blaming buhari for being criminals when they are apprehended in Asia for selling coke. They also blame buhari for being cursed prostitutes, armed robbers, selling their parents to play betnaija. Some of them are still blaming buhari for their oblong shaped head.
me sef i am wishing its omo igbo that theif the car but..
i know is us that is king in this area grin
cc immhotep wereypey DaBullIT iceberg3

10 Likes

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by LZAA: 4:02pm On May 26, 2018
Harbdulrasaq:
A 200 level Computer Science student of Caleb University and another suspected member of his gang were busted after their botched attempt to snatch a car from an Uber driver in Ikorodu area of Lagos .

One of the suspects was discovered to be son of a serving Local Government Chairman in Lagos .

The suspects: Gideon Bamidele (19) and Hafeez Anifowose, (20) as gathered, boarded the Uber cab, a Toyota Corolla car with plate number KJA 911 EG, at the early hours of Monday , in Surulere, heading towards Agric, Ikorodu.

However, on reaching Itowolo bridge , one of the suspects according to the UBER driver, Mr Otun Olugbenga, “

grabbed me by the neck pointing a gun at me. He ordered me to leave the steering. When I refused, they started struggling the steering with me . I started shouting for help, on sighting a police vehicle stationed afar , on the other side of the road. In the process, the vehicle skidded off the road and somersaulted severally before it stopped .At that point, I lost consciously briefly.”

Meanwhile, policemen at the nearby pin-down-point who raced to the scene with the intention to rescue occupants of the vehicle, became curious after Bamidele and Anifowose who crawled out of the vehicle were spotted with a gun. They ( suspects ) reportedly took to their heels on sighting the policemen approaching. While some of the policemen gave the fleeing suspects a hot pursuit, the rest rescued the driver.

Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Police Command, Imohimi Edgal who confirmed the arrest, disclosed that when the suspects were caught, they were discovered to be with a toy gun.

Speaking to reporters,Bamidele blamed his indulgence on what he described as his parents uncaring attitude. He said :

The suspects according to Edgal would be charged to court, even as he explained that being caught with a toy gun would not douse the charges , saying they would be charged same way an armed robbery suspect with a real gun would.

http://newshelm.ng/i-blame-my-father-for-this-son-of-local-govt-chairman-arrested-for-robbery/

cc immhotep iceberg3 pointzerom DaBullIT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:02pm On May 26, 2018
All man for himself abegii!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 26, 2018
FortifiedCity:
They always have someone to blame
Like APC

2 Likes

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by soberdrunk(m): 4:03pm On May 26, 2018
decatalyst:

Can anyone translate?

The wall gecko" has given birth, if the child refuses to learn how to dance, it is up to it........ I try?

5 Likes

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by RuthlessLeader(m): 4:04pm On May 26, 2018
34webers:
You are not the first to blame anyone for ur crime, the idiotic pigs of biamumus have also been blaming buhari for being criminals when they are apprehended in Asia for selling coke. They also blame buhari for being cursed prostitutes, armed robbers, selling their parents to play betnaija. Some of them are still blaming buhari for their oblong shaped head.
Can't you comment without tribal sentiment

3 Likes

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by anibirelawal(m): 4:04pm On May 26, 2018
Omo ale jati jati.

1 Like

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 26, 2018
angry
Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by jojomario(m): 4:06pm On May 26, 2018
He's just trying to involve his dad. Who taught him smoking at age 18+? And was hevthe one that gave you the toy gun?The excuse of school fee is a lieThe man even tried to put you in private school because he knew you can't graduate in a government school, he saved you from shame until you decided to put yourself out for shame. You will rot alone in kirikiri and nobody will follow you. It's a lesson for every young lad. Any crime you committed alone, you will suffer the punishment alone.

6 Likes

Re: Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It by xreal: 4:06pm On May 26, 2018
decatalyst:

Can anyone translate?

Na una go translate am.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10-year-old Girl Tortured By Her Uncle's Wife In Jos (Disturbing Photos) / Newborn Baby Dumped Under Coker Bridge Lagos Beaten By Rain, Rescued By Lady / Philippines: Nigerian Man Arrested For Threatening To Leak Woman’s Nude Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.