Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,266 members, 7,780,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:13 PM

Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) (40888 Views)

Huge Snake And Monitor Lizard Caught By Soldiers In Maiduguri (Photo) / Huge Snake Killed In Sapele Delta State / Big Python Almost Killed A Lady Cooking In Her Kitchen In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by Tomoyayi(m): 8:35pm On May 26, 2018
Based:
. The woman is indeed lucky. But such a gigantic creature.? Me thinks she should owe the blame to her unkept surroundings oo.

The environment isn't always to blame for snakes in the house. Rat/mouse most times find their way into homes, the snake might be after food too, the rat.
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 26, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

Isn't it the one that spits venom?

No. The forest cobra doesn't spit.

1 Like

Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 26, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

How do we know when it means to bite

Funny thing is venom is precious to snakes and they use it when necessary. So often times they bite without injecting venom, so called "dry bite" which the victim survives and the local healers often times falsely or inaccurately attribute to their charms. Dry bites can occur when the snake is startled.

However, when the snake is cornered and it feels its life is in danger or it needs to feed, it is likely to inject venom. For a snake this size, it would be in copious amounts that can kill very quickly.

Imagine meeting this "long John" in the kitchen, you at the doorway and it in a corner desperate to escape... Omo....
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by fergie001: 11:14pm On May 26, 2018
userplainly:

grin u dey fear to chop snake?.... guy u dey miss
No be me and u abeg

2 Likes

Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by Holymann(m): 11:37pm On May 26, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

It’s actually the West African spitting cobra..the yellow markings is a dead giveaway..that is one big cobra! Lucky inhabitants..that species of cobra is very widely spread around Nigeria..and neighboring countries.
It's a forest cobra not a spitting one
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by Nobody: 6:37am On May 27, 2018
plantain leaves attract poisonous snakes, plant lemon grass instead, everday no be xmas.
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by Lisaflex(f): 8:39am On May 27, 2018
Earthbound:

How? Please do explain. I hate snakes and was going to take his advice

A snake entered someone's room ,and lots of bitter kola were thrown into the room to make the snake leave....We waited for hours, and nothing happened(snake was busy chilling)... Last last, someone had to go into the room to kill it.
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by Lisaflex(f): 8:45am On May 27, 2018
userplainly:

Not a king cobra but don't be shocked if we have those here too.... don't ever believe wat the White man tells u about the West Africans jungle ( Nigeria to the precised)... National Geographic don't come here... they just assume.... Nigeria is so diversified from people to animals and natural resources!

How can you tell if it's a king or not?
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by VolvoS60(m): 8:57am On May 27, 2018
CosmeticChemist:
looks like a king cobra

^^^

It is not a king cobra. It looks more like a forest cobra as others have said.

King cobras are not native to Africa. They are also far larger and longer (up to 5 metres!) than forest cobras.
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by VolvoS60(m): 9:10am On May 27, 2018
strungcity:
Its a king cobra. rarely attacks humans. Hunts and feeds on other snakes.

^^^
It isn't a king cobra. It looks like a forest cobra as other posters have pointed out.

King cobras are rarely melanistic. Fully grown king cobras are also much longer and larger than forest cobras. Specimens in the wild have been known to grow up to 5 metres long.
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by userplainly(m): 10:22am On May 27, 2018
Lisaflex:

How can you tell if it's a king or not?

kings r not Black! they are brownish with yellow belly..... plus the whiteman believed Kings are only found in Asia ( mainly India and Indochina settlements)... which i highly debate because Nigeria has so many variety of wild animals that the whites don't know about because they don't investigate or document our wild....
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 27, 2018
Lisaflex:

A snake entered someone's room ,and lots of bitter kola were thrown into the room to make the snake leave....We waited for hours, and nothing happened(snake was busy chilling)... Last last, someone had to go into the room to kill it.

Maybe the bitter kola stopped it from coming out of its hiding place. I just don't pray for an encounter. When I make enough money, I'll just relocate to a colder climate where I don't have to worry about snakes
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by themanderon: 2:31pm On May 27, 2018
That's a king cobra. Venomous and deadly. Never knew we had these in Africa.
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by Lisaflex(f): 7:31pm On May 27, 2018
userplainly:

kings r not Black! they are brownish with yellow belly..... plus the whiteman believed Kings are only found in Asia ( mainly India and Indochina settlements)... which i highly debate because Nigeria has so many variety of wild animals that the whites don't know about because they don't investigate or document our wild....

Thank you.
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by Tinyemeka(m): 9:50pm On May 27, 2018
Angelanest:
A woman has taken to social media to rejoice after a big snake was killed in the kitchen in her compound in Enugu state. An alarm was raised after the poisonous reptile was spotted by neighbors before it could render any havoc. The snake was killed immediately as the excited lady took to Facebook to thank God for averting trouble from them.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/lady-rejoices-after-huge-snake-was-killed-in-her-kitchen-in-enugu-state-photo.html

The man, the woman, the kitchen, the bushes, Enugu, the snake, its poison, NL, NLers, they are all mad! angry

Why should the cobra's length be longer than the man's height?! angry
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by ManTiger(m): 10:47pm On May 27, 2018
Earthbound:

So the water will appease them abi?

Mstcheeeeew!

Act of friendliness as King Cobra is not that aggressive.
Re: Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
fergie001:
Very poisonous and slimy animal.....

Seun and lalasticlala,please come and identify the name...some of us be novice,....we no know the difference between viper and python,etc....

Most times for homes around bushes,try to get plenty of bitter kola around.......it chases snakes away......

Woman,thank God for your life oooooo!!!!!
does this bitter kola even work? if yes, kindly explain how it works

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Snake Killed In My House / The Ten Worst Countries For Women / Final Year Student Crushed To Death By University’s SUG Vehicle In Edo. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.