Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Yoruba Oba Adopts Igbo Monarch’s Attire, Asks Other Obas To Emulate Posture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Oba Adopts Igbo Monarch’s Attire, Asks Other Obas To Emulate Posture (693 Views)

CONTROVERSY: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over, Leader Of Afonja Descendants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Oba Adopts Igbo Monarch’s Attire, Asks Other Obas To Emulate Posture by ewuzie7: 5:02pm On May 26, 2018
The Oluwo of Iwoland in Osun state, Oba Abdurasheed Akanbi has called for integration in the country through inter-ethnic dressing by traditional rulers.
Demonstrating this call, the Oba, who had recently been criticised by members of the public for adopting Emir title, wore full attire of Igwe amidst his subjects and insisted that he should be addressed as “Igwe of Yorubaland. “
Oluwo said, ” I’m wearing Igwe dress to demonstrate my unrepentant insistence on oneness of Nigeria as a father to the nation. Nigerians should integrate through occasional multi ethnic dresses. Other Obas need to adopt the system to promote unity.
“The adopted state of origin is a threat to our unity. Nigerians should be Nigerians in Nigeria. The certificate is divisive. As a Nigerian, you should be able to contest for elective positions anywhere in Nigeria. Ethnicity didn’t permit this. Traditional rulers have role to play. I’m leading this and will continue to”
“Palace is a rallying point and general place for every Nigerian. It jumps political, religious, ethnic and economic barrier. Everyone, irrespective of your location should be able to approach any palace and make your request. Palace belongs to Nigerians not certain ethnic class”
“Unlike Mosque and Church where Muslims and Christians have respective exclusive access to, palace should accommodate everyone whether you are Muslim or Christian, Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo. As fathers to the nation, we left no alternative than to make our palaces accessible to all Nigerians and be prompt in the intervening in any brewing issue before germinate to external crisis.”

Source: http://easternreporter.com/2018/05/26/yoruba-oba-adopts-igbo-monarchs-attire-asks-other-obas-to-emulate-posture/

Re: Yoruba Oba Adopts Igbo Monarch’s Attire, Asks Other Obas To Emulate Posture by Bethel4Life(f): 5:04pm On May 26, 2018
like them or hate, its igbo amaka

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oba Adopts Igbo Monarch’s Attire, Asks Other Obas To Emulate Posture by fero007: 5:55pm On May 26, 2018
a true wise elder, if pepo were lyk dis naija won't ve unity problems

(1) (Reply)

Strange: Masquerade Remained Untouched In Blazing Wildfire During Festival / How Do I Deal With These Aunties? / Entering A Train Nigeria For The First Time. See My Discovery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.