Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,442 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? (1258 Views)

"Not Even As An Unbeliever Will My Husband Rape Someone" Mrs Fatoyinbo / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:48am On May 27, 2018
www.livingwaters.com

In Scripture a Christian is called a "believer." Yet, before my conversion, I believed in God. I believed that Jesus was the Son of God, and I believed that He rose from the dead. But I was not a believer in the biblical sense. This is because a believer is someone who has trusted Jesus for his eternal salvation. I hadn't taken that step of faith. A sky-diver can't rightly be called a sky-diver until he takes a leap of faith out of the plane, and a sinner can't be called a believer until he entirely puts his faith in Jesus Christ, through the new birth.

An unbeliever is called an "unbeliever," not because he doesn't believe in the existence of God, but because he lacks "saving" faith. He lives in what the Bible calls the "natural" world. He is like man who was born blind, who is reading a brail book called, "Amazing Colour!" As he runs his fingers over the raised lettering, he whispers the words he is reading:

"The sky is a beautiful blue. Luscious green grass fills the landscape as far as the eye can see. Two colour-filled gardens on each side of the grass area. On one side bright yellow flowers burst with wonderful colour, and on the other side vivid red roses explode with amazing energy, each one cupped in a cradle of wonderfully intense green leaves. The recent refreshing rain has left drops on the plants sending streams of white light in different directions. A stunning rainbow, with its amazing seven colours of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet, arches in all its glory across the massive blue heavens."

The blind man closes the book and thinks, "This makes no sense? I believe in science. I believe in logic and what can be proven, not in this thing called 'colour.' I don't believe it exists, and anyone who does, is a fool."

He is right. His world does lack any semblance of colour, so what could you say to such a closed-minded man? You could tell him that colour exists, no matter what he does or doesn't believe about it. Reality isn't dictated by his belief. Then you could explain what colour looks like. But how would explain "blue" or "red"? You can't say that blue looks "like" anything because the blind man hasn't anything in his mind to which he can compare it. What he needs is something you can't give him. He needs light and that would take a miracle.

The Bible says that the unbeliever is blind. He is enclosed in his own "natural" world-view. He cannot see, and he will often mock any thought of another dimension: "But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Corinthians 2:14).

Every unbeliever is "alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart..." (Ephesians 4:18). And there's nothing you can do to help him to see, if he is not willing to be honest. He needs the "light":

"For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life" (Proverbs 6:23),

"In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them" (2 Corinthians 4:4).

If he is prepared to look at the Ten Commandments with an honest heart, they will illuminate him to his need and help him to understand the light of the glorious gospel of Christ. Jesus is the One who said, "I am the light of the world: he that follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12). There's the miracle.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 26 May 2014 at 23:09 ·
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by Trustme2(m): 6:33am On May 27, 2018
Only God knows
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by pyyxxaro: 6:48am On May 27, 2018
A Christian is GOODLUCK JONATHAN while an unbeliever is BUHARI embarassed
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by orisa37: 10:49am On May 27, 2018
The Faithfuls and The Righteous are Christians. The Forgetfuls and The Atheists are The Unbelievers.
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:41pm On May 27, 2018
Trustme2:

Only God knows

You will also know yourself and others to some extent.
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:42pm On May 27, 2018
pyyxxaro:

A Christian is GOODLUCK JONATHAN while an unbeliever is BUHARI embarassed

How did you arrive at that conclusion? undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On May 27, 2018
orisa37:

The Faithfuls and The Righteous are Christians.
The Forgetfuls and The Atheists are The Unbelievers.

How can a person be righteous and faithful? undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:24pm On May 31, 2018
Difference between Christianity and Atheism

Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by Heathen777(m): 5:21pm On May 31, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
Difference between Christianity and Atheism

No one said atheists believe everything came from nothing.... We simply don't believe in a God.

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, was is - is what was, only that it has evolved into various forms through time.
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:33pm On May 31, 2018
Heathen777:

No one said atheists believe everything came from nothing.... We simply don't believe in a God.

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, was is - is what was, only that it has evolved into various forms through time.

What is the origin of the energy? undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by Heathen777(m): 8:42pm On May 31, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

What is the origin of the energy? undecided

If energy is neither created nor destroyed, then logically what would this tell you? Do the math.
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55am On Jun 01, 2018
Heathen777:

If energy is neither created nor destroyed, then logically what would this tell you? Do the math.

Naturally, energy cannot be created especially in a closed system and that brings us to the big miracle of creation. Energy was created miraculously by our Infinite Creator and since you don't believe in the supernatural or should I say the metaphysical you will always be stuck with your limited understanding which is not scientific.
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:27am On Jun 02, 2018
www.livingwaters.com

"Atheists do not have faith that a God does not exist, we are just asking for the evidence that a God exists."

Creation is evidence for the existence of God. It is scientifically impossible for nature to make itself. See Romans 1:20-24. You are without excuse now and will be on Judgment Day, if you are without a Saviour.

From: http://store.livingwaters.com/books/jaws-without-teeth.html

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 2 June 2017 at 14:00 ·

Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by Heathen777(m): 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Naturally, energy cannot be created especially in a closed system and that brings us to the big miracle of creation. Energy was created miraculously by our Infinite Creator and since you don't believe in the supernatural or should I say the metaphysical you will always be stuck with your limited understanding which is not scientific.

You're miraculous infinite creator apparently has not been found.
The evidence for his existence seems quite pitiful.

And we're just going to assume this creator didn't need a creator to exist?
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by paxonel(m): 6:37am On Jun 10, 2018
Op, atheists are unbelievers let's call a Spade a spade.

There is nothing like i believe and I had not taken step of faith.
If anyone has believed from the beginning that is already step of faith that is required for his salvation he doesn't need any further step
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2019
Heathen777:

You're miraculous infinite creator apparently has not been found.
The evidence for his existence seems quite pitiful.

And we're just going to assume this creator didn't need a creator to exist?

Your Creator is nearer to you than you think. The evidence of a painter is his painting and the evidence of a builder is his building. The evidence of the Creator is His Creation. Do the maths. cool
Re: Who Is A Christian And Who Is An Unbeliever? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2019
paxonel:

Op, atheists are unbelievers let's call a Spade a spade.

There is nothing like i believe and I had not taken step of faith.
If anyone has believed from the beginning that is already step of faith that is required for his salvation he doesn't need any further step

The fact that you know about your president doesn't mean you know him/her as their spouses, does it? undecided

(1) (Reply)

And We Thought Of Having A Female Jesus / Download 'see A Victory' By Elevation Worship Ft Kari Jobe / Since Jesus 'received' Glory And Honour, Is He An 'inferior/subservient' God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.