Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,227 members, 7,807,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? (5884 Views)

Reasons Why You Should Pray For Your Children Always / We Are Children Of One Father / Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by IgboBasthard: 9:53am On May 27, 2018
ElsonMorali:

You got it all wrong.

When two people get married they are BLESSED with children by God. Not every couple is privileged.

So children are blessings from God the Almighty Creator to couples.

Wherever there are children, there's hope of continuity.

Even if their parents are poverty stricken, the children are a blessing and a source of hope for the poor.

Our great grandparents were poor farmers. Yet look at us now, clutching mobile phones, driving expensive SUVs all over the place.

It is selfish not to procreate. It shows you think only about yourself.

Pure madness .......these are the kind of misleading statements leading us to the overpopulated melee we are enduring.

Nonsense....did we produce those mobile phones and SUVs?

3 Likes

Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by ElsonMorali: 10:00am On May 27, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Pure madness .......these are the kind of misleading statements leading us to the overpopulated melee we are enduring.

There's nothing like overpopulation. Don't be misled by God-haters who seek to destroy humanity (read Freemasons)

There's only mismanagement of resources.

Human beings need to procreate more otherwise we'll be in danger of extinction.

Nigeria is underpopulated and grossly mismanaged.

The problem isn't population explosion (that's bullcrap) the problem is lack of love and will to do the right thing.

Stop mixing both issues.

Increase in population and proper management of wealth and resources will lead Nigeria to join the adult table with its peers.

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by IgboBasthard: 10:12am On May 27, 2018
ElsonMorali:

There's nothing like overpopulation. Don't be misled by God-haters who seek to destroy humanity (read Freemasons)

There's only mismanagement of resources.

Human beings need to procreate more otherwise we'll be in danger of extinction.

Nigeria is underpopulated and grossly mismanaged.

The problem isn't population explosion (that's bullcrap) the problem is lack of love and will to do the right thing.

Stop mixing both issues.

Increase in population and proper management of wealth and resources will lead Nigeria to join the adult table with its peers.

Firstly, you believe in God, I do not! (Neither of us know the truth so dont respond with any sanctimonious sermons)

That children are a blessing is totally false, it is just a mindset.

Undoubtedly children makes a lot of people happy and fulfilled - usually in the early years of their lives.

If you do not have to means to cater for them, they could be anything but....

4 Likes

Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by ElsonMorali: 10:19am On May 27, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Firstly, you believe in God, I do not! (Neither of us know the truth so dont respond with any sanctimonious sermons)

That children are a blessing is totally false, it is just a mindset.

Undoubtedly children makes a lot of people happy and fulfilled - usually in the early years of their lives.

If you do not have to means to cater for them, they could be anything but....

First, this post is about God and children as His blessings. So if you don't believe in God why are you here.

Second, I see you have conveniently sidestepped my points only to keep reiterating that Children are not a blessing.

Well since children according to you are a curse, I pray and hope that you'll have no child of your own.

Don't worry, since you're an atheist I have said amen on your behalf.

Enjoy. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by OldBeer: 10:21am On May 27, 2018
ElsonMorali:

You got it all wrong.

When two people get married they are BLESSED with children by God. Not every couple is privileged.

Even if their parents are poverty stricken, the children are a blessing and a source of hope for the poor.

Our great grandparents were poor farmers. Yet look at us now, clutching mobile phones, driving expensive SUVs all over the place.

LOL!
This confirms what I've always told myself.
I am too selfish to give my life to another person.
Childfree

2 Likes

Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by EdwardRandy(m): 10:40am On May 27, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:
Yes, they are blessing from God if properly trained and taking care of. If you don't, they become a disaster and course to you..

Meanwhile I have seen naturally evil children who brought shame and failure to their parents, I also witnessed a 12 years old boy brutally murdered his own mother.

Not all children are blessing from the Lord.

But God said before you were formed I knew thee, how come he knows those evil children will bring destruction to their own parents and still allowed them come into this world

The same way he knew Adam and eve would eventually eat the forbidden fruit but he kept quiet, only for him to come and threaten us with hell fire over something he could have earlier prevented.. ..like I always tell people, if the white men lied to us over everything, what makes u/us/them think the white men said the truth about god or the bible??.. Most stories in the bible don't make sense to me and are so not in touch with today's reality... Back to the topic, not all children are blessing from god, some are a source if punishment, curse, torture to the parents for a life or crime they (the parents) commited in the past.
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by Nigerdeltaent(m): 10:44am On May 27, 2018
1Cor. 7:14

For the Christian wife brings holiness to her marriage, and the Christian husband brings holiness to his marriage. Otherwise, your children would not be holy, but now they are holy.

it simply means that if none of the parents are righteous, it's obvious the seed from them is not a blessing from God.
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by IgboBasthard: 10:46am On May 27, 2018
ElsonMorali:

First, this post is about God and children as His blessings. So if you don't believe in God why are you here.

Second, I see you have conveniently sidestepped my points only to keep reiterating that Children are not a blessing.

Well since children according to you are a curse, I pray and hope that you'll have no child of your own.

Don't worry, since you're an atheist I have said amen on your behalf.

Enjoy. smiley

Too late, I have 3 already. 1st an engineer (Msc level, Nottingham) , 2nd final Bsc. Chemistry (Bristol), 3rd Nursery 1 Corona Lagos.

Say Amen for yourself
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by ElsonMorali: 10:49am On May 27, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Too late, I have 3 already. 1st an engineer (Msc level, Nottingham) , 2nd final Bsc. Chemistry (Bristol), 3rd Nursery 1 Corona Lagos.

Say Amen for yourself

So are they a blessing or a curse to you?

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by ElsonMorali: 10:56am On May 27, 2018
OldBeer:
LOL!
This confirms what I've always told myself.
I am too selfish to give my life to another person.
Childfree

At least it's good you admitted that you are selfish. Not like some hypocrites who have children and yet insist that children are not a blessing from God.
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by readyornot: 11:25am On May 27, 2018
I believe that children are a blessing from God.

A baby is like a mirror reflecting a projected image. Just imagine having babies in a world free of evil vices, would you call them a curse?
I have always advocated that it's what you wish to see in your children as they grow, that you instill in them when they are very young. Some people don't know anything about being a good parent. Is it not what you sow that you reap?
The devil is out to make mockery of the hand work of God. Has the heart of man stopped being desperately wicked?
But please don't say that because they are a blessing you will now produce more than you can adequately take care of to prevent touching stories. Food is good but if you overfeed, you must feel pain: it's the same as producing children you can't cater for.
My 2 cents.
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by columbus007(m): 11:33am On May 27, 2018
please what about those who turn radical on their parents? are they gift from God also?
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:47am On May 27, 2018
ElsonMorali:

The answer to that will showcase his blatant foolishness to all and sundry..

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by plamonee: 12:10pm On May 27, 2018
Many people subconsciously think that psalm 127vs 3 as meaning "children"as God's children. Various translation even call them sons because of the suggestive idea as implied in the last verse 5. For a proper understanding of that psalm you have to consider the writer, King Solomon. That verse starts with lo or behold, meaning you need to see with your inner heart. Not just what you 're seeing with your optical eye. He considers children as God's heritage. Just in like manner a man can have an inheritance. And he bequeath his inheritance to his children as a reward for being his offspring. In the same way God gives men children because they are his creation. And God is a God of principle, once you meet up with the requirements of the principle for conception to take place it will happen unless they are other intervening circumstances. My point then is being a child does not mean God's child. Are they children from the devil? Emphatically yes. God told Joshua to kill everything that has breath in Jericho including children. The same instruction was given to Saul concerning amalekite. Are all children born out of wedlock children of devil? Yes! My answer will surprise you but I will enlighten you from God's perspective as it relates to God's plan for redemption. They are three sets of people recognised by God in the earth today. They are , Christians, the Jew and the gentiles nation. Everyone under the gentiles are under the power and control of the devil. In reality he fathers them spiritually. My battery is low will continue later.
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by concordetz: 12:23pm On May 27, 2018
:DThere is no public holidays tomorrow 28th May 2018 for Lagos state schools contact http://concordebookstore..com.ng/
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by donnaD(f): 12:32pm On May 27, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Emotional rubbish!
it's not ur emotion or obsession,am entitled to my opinion.
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by ElsonMorali: 12:56pm On May 27, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

The answer to that will showcase his blatant foolishness to all and sundry..

Exactly. I'm just patiently waiting for him to step into the trap I've laid for him. undecided
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by BIXYBABE: 1:28pm On May 27, 2018
Write a comment......[i]Write a comment......[/i]Write a comment......
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 1:29pm On May 27, 2018
Ask ur mom if u are a blessing or curse to her!! embarassed
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by jaymejate: 2:04pm On May 27, 2018
Charmerbeautylooks:
Ask ur mom if u are a blessing or curse to her!! embarassed

What my mom feels I am to her might not be what your mom feels you are to her.
It's perception, your view on this matter is what we need.
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by jaymejate: 2:07pm On May 27, 2018
plamonee:
Many people subconsciously think that psalm 127vs 3 as meaning "children"as God's children. Various translation even call them sons because of the suggestive idea as implied in the last verse 5. For a proper understanding of that psalm you have to consider the writer, King Solomon. That verse starts with lo or behold, meaning you need to see with your inner heart. Not just what you 're seeing with your optical eye. He considers children as God's heritage. Just in like manner a man can have an inheritance. And he bequeath his inheritance to his children as a reward for being his offspring. In the same way God gives men children because they are his creation. And God is a God of principle, once you meet up with the requirements of the principle for conception to take place it will happen unless they are other intervening circumstances. My point then is being a child does not mean God's child. Are they children from the devil? Emphatically yes. God told Joshua to kill everything that has breath in Jericho including children. The same instruction was given to Saul concerning amalekite. Are all children born out of wedlock children of devil? Yes! My answer will surprise you but I will enlighten you from God's perspective as it relates to God's plan for redemption. They are three sets of people recognised by God in the earth today. They are , Christians, the Jew and the gentiles nation. Everyone under the gentiles are under the power and control of the devil. In reality he fathers them spiritually. My battery is low will continue later.

Would be pleased if you can continue this. Thanks
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by IgboBasthard: 2:20pm On May 27, 2018
ElsonMorali:

They are my children and they make me happy and add to my joy. Many others are not so lucky.
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by dasparrow: 3:53pm On May 27, 2018
ElsonMorali:

You got it all wrong.

I beg to differ. First of all, not everyone is capable of being a parent. There are many adults who give birth to children and abuse them verbally, physically, emotionally, sexually and psychologically. At the end of the day, these adults raise children who grow up to be broken adults with many emotional issues.

It is selfish to procreate when you know you don't have what it takes to raise a child to grow up to be a wholesome adult.

That example about our parents being poor farmers but today we are clutching mobile phones and driving expensive SUVS is total hogwash. We currently live in the technological age. Having a mobile phone is not a sign of upward mobility and good living. Even fulani herdsmen have mobile phones. Even aboki selling sachet pure water has a mobile phone.

Also, most Nigerians don't drive SUVS. Millions of Nigerians don't have a car talk less of an SUV so don't come in here lying. I saw with my two eyes the high level of poverty in Nigeria. That is why many of you are dying to leave Nigeria and get to the Western World. If most Nigerians were driving SUVS, then okada would have gone out of business by now. Taxis, keke nepep and all other forms of public transportation would have been going out of business by now.

Nigerians are notorious for bringing children into the world that they are incapable of taking care of adequately but many of you give birth for selfish reasons. You are looking for who will take care of you in old age. You are looking to be a bloody liability to your adult children in your old age.

But times are changing. More and more smart adults are cutting off their selfish narcissistic parents. Only those parents that were good to their children deserve to be taken care of in old age. I personally refuse to take care of any narcissistic abusive Nigerian parent that did nothing for me but bring me into this wicked dysfunctional world for their own selfish agenda.

And no, not all children are a blessing. I guess it's when your poverty stricken children become adults and use you for blood sacrifice to get rich instantly that you will realise that not all children are a blessing to their parents after all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by dasparrow: 3:54pm On May 27, 2018
columbus007:
please what about those who turn radical on their parents? are they gift from God also?

Of course not but Nigerians are very good at living in denial.

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by dasparrow: 4:01pm On May 27, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Don't mind him. He reasons like a goat. His kind is the type who brings children into the world and they grow up to be the 419 online scammers, cultists, prostitutes and runz girls, pedophiles, rapists, thieves, armed robbers etc that many Nigerians are known for both at home and abroad.

If most Nigerian parents did a spectacular job at parenting, why then do Nigerians as a people have such a terrible reputation all around the world? Why is Nigeria in such disarray? I don't know why some people will never tell themselves the truth.
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by dasparrow: 4:15pm On May 27, 2018
donnaD:
Am damn obsessed with kids,they are precious gifts from God.if not y cant everyone have it.u get touched once u see a new life..

First of all, there are many people out there who can biologically have children but don't want them. I know that is probably a very difficult concept for you to understand as a Nigerian.

Secondly, there are people out there who can biologically have children but don't like children.

Thirdly, children don't remain children for life. They grow up and become adults. Some become productive God fearing wholesome adults and some become the devil's agent like the bloody thieving politicians your 3rd world country Nigeria has or the fulani herdsmen who go into villages and kill everyone they find there. They were once kids too you know.

You can go ahead and obsess and idolise kids all you want. It is no guarantee that when they grow up, they will love your overbearing obsessive azz in return.

In fact your type will be the kind of parent that your adult kids will ban from visiting their homes because your type don't know when to let go and allow your adult kids have some breathing space, privacy and freedom to live their lives as they see fit.
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by dasparrow: 4:35pm On May 27, 2018
Cyberleets:
children are gift from God.

they were born without sin to the world filled with sin

as a woman, if can conceive... then you're blessed and also a complete woman!!

A child that was conceived out of rape is also a blessing because God has blessed that woman with that child for long... she just needs something to trigger it. but unfortunately it was triggered by a pervert!!

Don't blame God or the innocent child... blame this world!!

You are a fool for thinking that giving birth to Nigerian sons that will most certainly grow up to become online scammers, drug peddlers, rapists, pedophiles, cultists, drug addicts, armed robbers, corrupt government officials or Nigerian daughters that will grow up to prostitute themselves in Italy or in Nigeria as runz girls makes one a complete woman.

I never knew God goes about creating incomplete human beings until they bring children into the world. If you feel incomplete without children then you need to check yourself because you have major psychological issues.

Children don't remain children for life. They grow up you know? And so, what are you going to do with yourself should your kids grow up and want nothing to do with your overbearing Nigerian azz? Are you going to kill yourself since you only feel validated as a parent?

You Nigerians need help. Many of you live precuriously through your children. It's like, many of you don't know what to do with your existence on earth and become overbearing obsessive parents to your offspring.

Go find something tangible to do with your life because children grow fast. This is the reason why some of us hate the fact that we were born to Nigerian parents. Many of you Nigerians should not be having children and remain barren for life!
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2018
ElsonMorali:

You got it all wrong.

they were not poor farmers.... Society has Neva been equal...even at dat time in ur estimation wen u posit we were primitive dee were dos who reign in splendour...dsts yy we crave for fairness and justice....
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by ElsonMorali: 5:22pm On May 27, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
they were not poor farmers.... Society has Neva been equal...even at dat time in ur estimation wen u posit we were primitive dee were dos who reign in splendour...dsts yy we crave for fairness and justice....

I don't even have the faintest idea what you're talking about. Where did I mention primitive in my post?

And you should already know that when I say poor, it is in comparison to this modern times when farming is mechanized.

Can you compare the rich if those times to the rich of these times.

If you were a rich farmer even with servants you'd still have to trek to the farm to take inventories. Please remind me again why I'm explaining this to you?

Anyway, ask your folks, they'll tell you that your forbears were farmers or hunters or fishermen or something.

Unless you were thinking that they were bankers and lawyers, then you're on your own.
Re: Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? by ElsonMorali: 5:35pm On May 27, 2018
dasparrow:

I beg to differ. First of all, not everyone is capable of being a parent. There are many adults who give birth to children and abuse them verbally, physically, emotionally, sexually and psychologically. At the end of the day, these adults raise children who grow up to be broken adults with many emotional issues.

It is selfish to procreate when you know you don't have what it takes to raise a child to grow up to be a wholesome adult.

That example about our parents being poor farmers but today we are clutching mobile phones and driving expensive SUVS is total hogwash. We currently live in the technological age. Having a mobile phone is not a sign of upward mobility and good living. Even fulani herdsmen have mobile phones. Even aboki selling sachet pure water has a mobile phone.

Also, most Nigerians don't drive SUVS. Millions of Nigerians don't have a car talk less of an SUV so don't come in here lying. I saw with my two eyes the high level of poverty in Nigeria. That is why many of you are dying to leave Nigeria and get to the Western World. If most Nigerians were driving SUVS, then okada would have gone out of business by now. Taxis, keke nepep and all other forms of public transportation would have been going out of business by now.

Nigerians are notorious for bringing children into the world that they are incapable of taking care of adequately but many of you give birth for selfish reasons. You are looking for who will take care of you in old age. You are looking to be a bloody liability to your adult children in your old age.

But times are changing. More and more smart adults are cutting off their selfish narcissistic parents. Only those parents that were good to their children deserve to be taken care of in old age. I personally refuse to take care of any narcissistic abusive Nigerian parent that did nothing for me but bring me into this wicked dysfunctional world for their own selfish agenda.

And no, not all children are a blessing. I guess it's when your poverty stricken children become adults and use you for blood sacrifice to get rich instantly that you will realise that not all children are a blessing to their parents after all.

I understand. You have comprehension problem so I'll type real slow. I hope you'll read this real slow-like. Ok?

It doesn't matter what your kids turn out to be, even if they end up severing your head from your neck and serving it to a herbalist for money making rituals, it doesn't mean children aren't gifts or blessings from God.

What you make of them is what they become. Garbage in, garbage out.

Please help me out here I'm really typing slow, ok.

If the poor give birth to more children than they can cater for then what's the excuse of the rich who give birth to one or two or even not at all? Surely its not because they don't have money. Probably because they don't have the time to take care of children. And yes that's selfishness.

Is it just me or others are so blind as to not notice that it's getting more difficult for couples to actually procreate? Add changing social values like homosexuality, transgenderism and other abnormal acts to the pot and you have a disaster looming on the horizon.

I don't expect you to agree with me. That's your opinion and this is my opinion. Got it?

If you don't have kids yet I sure hope you won't have any. We've got to keep the population at a respectable number, yea?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prometheus Has Probably Converted Me!!! / Muslims, Is This True? / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.