Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

What Of Combining Neco & Waec For Admission Purpose? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Of Combining Neco & Waec For Admission Purpose? (4917 Views)

Application For Admission Into Federal Government Unity Schools 2016 Is Ongoing / 2016 May/june WAEC Registration And Junior WAEC For External Candidates / Consequence Of Combining 2 WAEC Results With Different DOB For Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Of Combining Neco & Waec For Admission Purpose? by mosmana: 5:16pm On May 27, 2010
Just survived UTME fears with a good score, but I still harbour one more doubt/fear on my mind.
My O'Level result is complete by combining my Neco & Waec Results together. ie; 2sittings. WAEC&NECO. But rumours and facts explains that some Higher Institutions don't accept this combination.

Please people, which Higher Institution(s) accepts this combination? - University Preferred.

Please, I need your valid responses urgently so as to help me make good decisions quickly.
Re: What Of Combining Neco & Waec For Admission Purpose? by davmor(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2010
i will reply u soonest, let me just browse and ask as well
kull and remain reading for the post-utme
Re: What Of Combining Neco & Waec For Admission Purpose? by mosmana: 9:22am On May 28, 2010
@Davmor

I am anxiously waiting for your findings.
Re: What Of Combining Neco & Waec For Admission Purpose? by hectorswag(m): 1:37pm On May 28, 2010
Guy what i know is that waec and neco cannot be combined for admission purposes, they do not belong in anyway to the same body, and don't used the examination format as per practicals for science related subjects, so if you are doing sciences, just dont bother trying. But if its either commercial or arts, i think you have a chance of scaling through!
note that it is only very few selected universities that allows this. I would advise you go for newly opened universities that don't have much students in them alreay.

like Osun state university: not OSU oo!! I mean Osun state university, i think they just opened like 2 to 3yrs ago. I have a friend there that gained admission without jamb, just their post UME, and without O'levels, but she worked it oo, you just have to have a couple thousend bucks to get it done.

Afe Babalola university: i have a friend there that just gained admission into the school, i asked i'm how, since he didn't write jamb, so he told me that he saw a newspaper advert that the school needed new students for admission. so you can also give that one a shot.

University of Ife:
  this one is literally begging for students to get admitted into it. I'm not talking about OAU oo, i dont mean Obafemi Awolowo Univerity, this one is also located close to OAU but it is not OAU, just a smaller one.

Also[b] Lead City University:[/b]you might find this one challenging but i know someone there that didn't submit her O'level result before gaining admission.

All these are just suggestions, if you are going for them now, i'll like to add that its not possible again this year, cuz their admission and registration of new students have already closed since march. So it's till next year. What i'll advice you to do is to take another waec, say nov/dec own, hopefully the result would come out and you'll be able to have all your papers in one sitting. and you can then proudly go and submit your papers and gain your admission.  wink

(1) (Reply)

Waec Nov/dec Withheld Results From The Year 2000 Til Date Has Been Releasd Today / Gateway Poly, Igbesa Admission Is In Progress! / Jamb Reprinting Of E-slip Has Been Postponed Till Further Notice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.