Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,864 members, 7,806,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade (23642 Views)

A Man Wearing A Jesus Saves Tshirt At Mall Of America Was Ordered To Take It Off / "Have You Ever Allowed A Dog To Lick Your T*t*?"---pastor To Member / Church Sends Delinquent Notice To Member For Unpaid Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by GIDIBANKZ(m): 8:45am On May 27, 2018
orisa37:
We want N35m. N5m for each Tooth lost.

If you pray and God nr answer, you go say GOD WICKED
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by sisisioge: 8:46am On May 27, 2018
Good one! Churches better start taking into consideration the safety of their wards cos this judgement is gonna be referenced in similar claims. If na to start writing caveat inscriptions in your premises ni, una better start. Cars parked at owners risk, children brought in at parents' risk, adults come in at their own risk, etc grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by decatalyst(m): 8:47am On May 27, 2018
wellmax:

Rushing to post comments without reading the article. Lazy yoot

Your sense of humour is obviously dead and buried!

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by kolawoleibukun2: 8:48am On May 27, 2018
heheh I fear oh. you no see the pastor way carry person slam am for ground?
decatalyst:
ah! Seven teeth bawo shocked

Is the crusade a boxing competition? grin
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by AntiWailer: 8:56am On May 27, 2018
This is what I call Miracle.
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by SOFTENGR: 8:58am On May 27, 2018
Why didn't the replace those teeth by miracle? grin grin

#bewise

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by AlanSugar(m): 9:00am On May 27, 2018
decatalyst:

Oh, try read naa, seun no de pay for this ftc bullcrap.
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by erico2k2(m): 9:00am On May 27, 2018
Buffalowings3:
Good

Meamwhile, how about that collapsed synagogue.
That has been swept under the covers.
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by YungPrinzz(m): 9:03am On May 27, 2018
pol23:
Dem go pay am and collect the money back with threats...
They'll tell him Holy Spirit will give him smack down..

Like Ramos did to Salah! Buaaahaaahaaahaaahaaahaaaahaaa
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by bendike: 9:04am On May 27, 2018
Postanalyser:
ok
With all these package you stack for bodi na SAi BABA group you de? Omashe ohh!
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by Tonimagnificent: 9:10am On May 27, 2018
damiloladuke:
A Lagos State High Court has ordered the writer/publisher of Our Daily Manna, Rev Chris Kwakpovwe and the Registered Trustees of the Chapel of Liberty Church to pay a lawyer, Tamara Egbedi, N9, 454,000, for negligence.

According to TheNation, Egbedi had gone to court after she lost seven teeth and suffered other injuries when she fell into an uncovered concrete gutter running in between the seats during an anointing service organised by Kwakpovwe at the National Stadium in Lagos in 2010.

Delivering judgement in suit no. LD/359/2011, Justice SBA Candide Johnson said that from the evidence adduced by the parties, it was clear that Ms. Tamara suffered injuries at the venue while attending the crusade.

“It is difficult not to observe that for the Defendants who put themselves forward as spiritual shepherds of their sheep that they appear to have demonstrated scant care and concern for victims of their January 2010 spiritual crusade and have likewise by the letter of their lawyers (Exhibit F) dared this Claimant to go to Court, the Defendants appear to have elected carnal warfare over spiritual warfare thus leaving it to the Courts of Law to intervene,” he said.

Continuing, the judge said:

“It is virtually ridiculous for Rev. Dr. Chris E. Kwakpovwe to invite the general public and the Claimant to a programme which they expected to and which “recorded a huge attendance” and then without any remorse or conscience, argue that they only rented space at the National Stadium so he and his religious ministry owed no duty of care or concern for the welfare and safety of the guests they had invited to their own spiritual “party” or event organized by their church.

It is this type of reckless impunity and consciencelessness that makes many people complain about callousness and wickedness in Nigeria.”

She said she informed Rev. Kwakpovwe at the end of the service. She said the defendants denied liability and insinuated that her threat to go to court smacked of gold digging and expressed readiness to “meet you in court.”

https://lailasnews.com/church-ordered-to-pay-n9m-to-member-who-lost-7-teeth-during-crusade/

mayweather Neva lost a tooth neither did Joshua. hw u kon take lose 9? I guess they gave her Mortal Combat brutality combos.
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by Jimbadly: 9:17am On May 27, 2018
Postanalyser:
ok

Those mammary glands tho.
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by Nobody: 9:31am On May 27, 2018
I like this one. Time for this scammers to sit up.

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:41am On May 27, 2018
Postanalyser:
ok
now daz a rare type of BMC...Perhaps new to the fold or she's has direct contact /source to one of the falling saints of APC..

A society filled with religious edifices and self confessed spiritual leaders yet find a human being with a conscience similar to what the Bible expects not exactly ooo it's like looking for a virgin in a brothel.

Ignorance,deception,deceit,foolishness and hypocrisy has made all of them church goers but they all claim to be Christians infact they go on to hijack bragging rights as to why they are in for the heaven deals..

Sadly alot of fools will quote me now as Christians many will righteously insult me on behalf of their churches,gods of men and their faith....And its all because it's right to do so.Smh

Imagine how ungrateful,pathetic these Nigerian archaeological sympathy hunters are...After God blessed/deposited all of the world's most important minerals and human resources he garnished it also with landmass....The ingrates still call on him everyday to come and help them...To do what God is still asking And he has every right...Even countries that experience natural disasters frequently and no natural endowments are beyond measures better than Nigeria...

Most blessed countries in the world aren't religious..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by Taich(m): 9:46am On May 27, 2018
decatalyst:

NOTE: comment made to create humour. I hope una go stop mentioning me tongue
You don't need to explain yourself, I like your style.
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by enimooko: 9:46am On May 27, 2018
owomida1:
The judge nice self.

I feel like losing 14 teeth all of a sudden. Which church go invite me today?
grin grin grin grin grin

Hairyrapunzel:
Bitter jw.
salvation101:
Lying jw
johnw47:
false jw
DonBenny77:
Lie lie
Liliyann:
JW too late!!
danvon:
Just sick Jw
danvon:
defrauded pentecostal jw
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by congorasta: 10:02am On May 27, 2018
Postanalyser:
ok

ho
e

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by AlanSugar(m): 10:06am On May 27, 2018
xolocious:
I thought they were having a miracle service?
What stops the pastor from healing her instantly or giving her assurance that she will be healed (praying for her) knowing fully well this incident occurred 2010 (8years )

Wetin concern tithes collection with healing! I just can't understand why so many people in Nigeria and in 2018 still fall for the antiques of these fraudsters called pastors, prophets, evangelists, revs and all what not! Well, at least some of sheeples are beginning to defy the various degree of scales over their eyes which means there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by deebrownneymar: 10:17am On May 27, 2018
Nice one
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by Akanapiaigwe: 10:29am On May 27, 2018
GavelSlam:
That's a terrible accident.

Thankfully, the court saw merit in her claims.

Time to pay up.
but...
Buhari is a terrorist
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by Geesaintagape: 10:54am On May 27, 2018
This was how my ss3 English mistress died in church crusade.she was a sickler which developed crisis due to low oxygen level in town hall crusade. The young lady was shouting instead of helping the usher rushed her to inner room with the mind that she was under the influence of holy spirit. B4 the crusade endedshe had dried up.
The following day news filtered into the community that a lady came to try pastor n holy spirit killed her flat. It was court n autopsy that settle the matter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by Nobody: 10:56am On May 27, 2018
Megatrix:

And the collapsed Bishop Akan Weeks church in Akwa ibom that killed many people also.

The state governor has shielded Akan Weeks from justice.

The earlier Nigerians realise that these mega-pastors are all just businessmen (and mostly crooked), the better it would be for this country as a whole. Armed robbers, fraudsters and crooked public officials act as trustees in all these churches, they donate stolen cash and resources to make them grow.

'Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are' says the adage. . . .

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:56am On May 27, 2018
I keep on telling the sheeple that these so-called men of God don't give a damn about them.

Imagine the lack of regard and love from a so-called man of God who would mount the altar and preach love and forgiveness.

Let war break out today in the country, and see if your so-called Papa and Daddy GO will give a damn about you.

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by spinna: 11:03am On May 27, 2018
What about the duty of care of the stadium builders and owners (fg) . This will definitely be appealed.
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by Pat081: 11:10am On May 27, 2018
The boyfriend of d gal is in money now if d Church pay d gal and anybody with her number please
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by grandstar(m): 11:20am On May 27, 2018
I am in total support of this. (Deuteronomy 22:8

The Church owed their congregation a duty of care and should have been extremely thorough in ensuring that everyone's safety was well secure.

Truth be told is that those entrusted to these things don't care. They just want to do their work. The level of negligence in this case was excessive

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by Taiwo20(m): 11:49am On May 27, 2018
Matthew 5: 25 would have solved this problem. But arrogance is being celebrated in religious houses.
Serves them right, they do not practice what they preach..

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by SaintLorenzo(m): 12:07pm On May 27, 2018
wat a shame
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by orisa37: 12:12pm On May 27, 2018
The Pastor pushed the Victim. Jona, in relevant circumstances, prayed in the belly of a Shark and God heard him. You can pray anywhere but don't be a Predator in any circumstance.
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by flamingREED(m): 1:17pm On May 27, 2018
I know it's difficult,

But forgive and forget.

It's dangerous to task God.
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by biomedics(m): 1:34pm On May 27, 2018
There was absolute lack of care.
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:02pm On May 27, 2018
Postanalyser:
ok
Why are you covering your face

You dey shame to vote for Buhari

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m / I Dreamt I Saw My Sef In Old Secondary School.. / Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.