Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide (19869 Views)

Kiss Daniel Wins G-Worldwide In Court Case / Kiss Daniel Reacts To Lawsuit By G-Worldwide Entertainment / G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by Amagite2: 3:16pm On May 27, 2018
Popular singer, Daniel Anidugbe, formerly known as Kiss Daniel, has changed his name to Kizz Daniel.

The singer made this known in an Instagram post during the week.

He had put up a picture of the new name with the caption, “Moving forward. Call me Kizz Daniel.”

Shortly after Daniel made the post, several blogs reported that with the move, the singer was now free of all obligations to his former label, G-Worldwide Entertainment.

However, in a chat with Sunday Scoop, Daniel’s former manager, Louiza Williams, stated that the singer’s recent action had no effect on the court case.

I actually did not know that he had changed his name until you told me. However, there is no big deal about that; it has nothing to do with the case,” said the musician’s ex-manager.

“The next court date is June 26. It is not true that the case has been settled; so, I don’t know where all those reports came from. If there was anything like that, I would be aware of it. Though Kizz Daniel doesn’t come to court personally, his lawyers appear on his behalf and I am sure they pass relevant information across to him accordingly. The court ruled that both parties should maintain the status quo, but Kizz Daniel is doing what is best known to him, which is contrary to what the court ordered.

On what move G-Worldwide is considering, Williams said,

The company definitely has a plan but I cannot reveal anything for now.

http://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/05/kizz-daniels-name-change-doesnt-absolve-him-from-court-case-g-worldwide.html

Cc; Lalasticlala

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by soberdrunk(m): 7:01pm On May 27, 2018
All these Nigerian artistes, once they see 'small change' they are so quick to bite the hand that fed them, if i want to sign any artiste in Nigeria it will be done in three different shrines, one in the west, one in the North and the last in the East, let me see how you will go against the contract and not end up under bridge........ angry

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by Xinzu: 7:01pm On May 27, 2018
Have they stopped paying him his 14k? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by livinus009(m): 7:02pm On May 27, 2018
I think G-WorldWide is just being pained because Kizz Daniel was the label's source of income.

28 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by idu1(m): 7:02pm On May 27, 2018
grin
Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by Rapsino(m): 7:02pm On May 27, 2018
Village witch never gree.. Lolz...

2 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by Poorboy: 7:02pm On May 27, 2018
This means there's no peace for the wicked no matter what you do take note....
Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 27, 2018
They wanted the name kiss Daniel as theirs. The boy vex change name. Guess they wanted him to change his surname and first name join.. grin. Kolewerk

8 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by chimchim1(m): 7:04pm On May 27, 2018
Ok
Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by jbreezy: 7:05pm On May 27, 2018
Mak e go do weytin e suppose do
Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by Eqbumb(m): 7:06pm On May 27, 2018
Make them leave this omo ologo alone na. Abi na wetin sef

3 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by AiiVee(m): 7:10pm On May 27, 2018
well, i think maybe they are trying to show other artists what will happen if they try to do the same. and i cant really comment since i dont know their contract terms. Sugarboy go become SugarCane niyen oo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by Sarkin: 7:11pm On May 27, 2018
With their 30k salary

4 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by AiiVee(m): 7:14pm On May 27, 2018
well, i think maybe they are trying to show other artists what will happen if they try to do the same. and i cant really comment since i dont know their contract terms

2 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by dhabrite(m): 7:15pm On May 27, 2018
Make them leave this boy nah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by Husty(m): 7:16pm On May 27, 2018
Free Vado biko
Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by shegie(m): 7:20pm On May 27, 2018
smell shit bro..........u wan dey use person till death abi? so u gat no hope again someone is out thare to groove ur label
soberdrunk:
All these Nigerian artistes, once they see 'small change' they are so quick to bite the hand that fed them, if i want to sign any artiste in Nigeria it will be done in three different shrines, one in the west, one in the North and the last in the East, let me see how you will go against the contract and not end up under bridge........ angry

3 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by BlackHatNaija: 7:21pm On May 27, 2018
When issues like this happens, the problem is always with artists most times, they just sign anything before fame and after fame, they want out forgetting there's a binding contract.

3 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by obowunmi(m): 7:23pm On May 27, 2018
soberdrunk:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by shegie(m): 7:23pm On May 27, 2018
make una go find another singer to make una record label groove na...abi na only kizz daniel dey dis world ni
Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by kollinpowel(m): 7:26pm On May 27, 2018
soberdrunk:
Oga, If you don't know What transpired between them it better you don't judge anybody cos u don't know Who is at fault.

4 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by worlexy(m): 7:27pm On May 27, 2018
"G-worldwide"in Kiss Daniel's voice. They should settle their grievances amicably na
Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by Hotfreeze: 7:34pm On May 27, 2018
Kiss Daniel isn't free from anything. The name change only ensures that G-Worldwide has no legal rights over songs he sings while he's Kizz.

2 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by doctokwus: 7:35pm On May 27, 2018
Kiss Daniel is acting childish.
Those advising him are just leading him astray.
Aside being ungrateful to the record label that exposed him,brought him to the limelight and turned him to a household name,he reneged on a contract and is now acting like a school kid by changing the letters of his name.
He better wish he doesn't meet Metuh's kind of judge,Abang,who would reset his brain alright.
Contract is one of the most serious documents anyone can enter into in the world.

6 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 27, 2018
Make dem free this man now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by Xisnin(m): 7:51pm On May 27, 2018
This is about revenge. They want him to spend all his money fighting lawsuit.
Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by kingthreat(m): 7:54pm On May 27, 2018
livinus009:
I think G-WorldWide is just being pained because Kizz Daniel was the label's source of income.

You can say this because you dont know what its like to spend tens of millions on a talent. And he wants to go against the contract. Laws are laws. Kiss Daniel's lawyers are deceiving him. He will lose.

2 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel’s Name Change Doesn’t Absolve Him From Court Case – G-worldwide by Offpoint: 8:00pm On May 27, 2018
h

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Family Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria / Bovi Defends Tonto Dikeh, Says Many Babes Date Liars, Idiots But Love Is Blind / Meet The 11 Year Old Girl Who Is Pregnant And Proud Of It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.