Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes (22468 Views)

Eyelashes: Why Do Nigerian Men Pretend They Are Not Attracted To This On A Lady? / I Have Never Felt So Much Pain In My Life, Lady With Artificial Nails Cries / Beardless Men Are Now Fixing Artificial Beard To Form Beard Gang (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by Nkemakonam62: 5:48pm On May 27, 2018
A medical practitioner, Dr Ayopo Adeyemi, on Sunday warned women against the use of artificial eyelashes, commonly used to enhance beauty, in view of its grievous consequences.

Adeyemi told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that the health implications of fixing false eyelashes included corneal abrasions or ulcers, damage of the natural eyelashes, eye sensitivity, amongst others.

She said fixing of artificial eyelashes had become an increasingly popular trend in the fashion world as most ladies, regardless of the health implications, seek perfection and glamour.
According to her, natural eyelashes had its natural way of preventing dirt, sweat, bacteria and other foreign materials from entering into the eye by trapping and keeping out anything that comes near.
Adeyemi, a practitioner at Mushin General Hospital, Lagos, said false eyelashes would accommodate the dirt, thereby causing different forms of allergy and infections.
“The use of harmful chemicals on the eyelashes can cause them to fall out quicker than they naturally would and it is also dangerous when tools to be used come in close proximity to the eye.
“Artificial eyelashes can cause trauma to the eye either through the glue and other materials used or unprofessional operators; there could be introduction of microbes into the eye causing conjunctivitis of all types.
“The lashes themselves can cause allergic conjunctivitis trapping and retaining dirt around the eye,” she said.Adeyemi advised ladies to minimise the rate at which they fix false eyelashes if they must retain healthy natural ones.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/05/physician-warns-on-dangers-of-fixing.html

6 Likes

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 27, 2018
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 27, 2018
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by Babangida70(m): 6:11pm On May 27, 2018
In the spirit of Ramadan 8 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cool

3 Likes

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by EMINIBLAIT(m): 6:11pm On May 27, 2018
abeg make them continue to wear am oooo

2 Likes

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by Stallion93(m): 6:12pm On May 27, 2018
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by mamaa88(f): 6:12pm On May 27, 2018
OK
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by greatmutt64(f): 6:12pm On May 27, 2018
Bobrisky come and read ooo

5 Likes

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by Eneyerin: 6:12pm On May 27, 2018
I warn on how it makes our women look like witches. Buying worwor with your own money.

4 Likes

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by Pidginwhisper: 6:13pm On May 27, 2018
Cee Cee right now grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by SoapQueen(f): 6:14pm On May 27, 2018
Cee-C, your table has only three legs.

4 Likes

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by paprika212(f): 6:14pm On May 27, 2018
cee cee the commissioner of eye lash has not transmissioned this sorry I mean transmitted this information to us, so its not valid

5 Likes

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by BlackHatNaija: 6:14pm On May 27, 2018
Some ladies won't like this.
Actually, any lady that attach this artificial lashes are runs girls to me.

17 Likes

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by sisisioge: 6:15pm On May 27, 2018
grin grin grin grin

It is one fashion accessory I can't deal with...na load!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by noble2faith(m): 6:15pm On May 27, 2018
Sitin ngbor ko kan mi
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 6:15pm On May 27, 2018
If you like shake this table till the four legs are broken women will stick with eye lashes ask that foreheaded gal. What's that her name oooo
SeeC

4 Likes

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 27, 2018
Its Okay.
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by cyojunior1(m): 6:15pm On May 27, 2018
wetin consign me?
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by frank41(m): 6:16pm On May 27, 2018
Do they really need to be oriented on the effects of fixing eyelashes?...Common sense ought to have taught them long before now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by tokrizy: 6:16pm On May 27, 2018
All dis 9ja girls go hear word??..abeg idowu should continue fixing ooo because she is ugly AF...back then when dis shit wasn't available i dnt talk to her but tnx to God 4 make up nd eyelash shiit she don even get boyfriend now....what I'm trying to say EVERYTHING GAT ITS OWN ADVANTAGE
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by pocohantas(f): 6:16pm On May 27, 2018
Really?

10 Likes

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by emmaitive(m): 6:16pm On May 27, 2018
Tell them oo
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by BabaRamota1980: 6:17pm On May 27, 2018
Mmmttcheew....After God, fear this thing called woman!

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by room089: 6:17pm On May 27, 2018
Wish they would hear!

But rather, they would apply gear 4.
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by Uzzi552(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2018
Tell Dem, They B Looking Lyk Gorilla
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by akeentech(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2018
princeking2:
Its Okay.
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by kulrunsman79(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2018
It's one thing to advice, it's another to hear and heed the advice. Women are too difficult to advice except God arrests them....

2 Likes

Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by ZarahBuhari: 6:19pm On May 27, 2018
pocohantas:
Really?
Lol
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by IdeyFindWife: 6:19pm On May 27, 2018
story story

tell that to a slay queen, let's see if she answers you
Re: Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes by divinespark: 6:20pm On May 27, 2018
Tell them o. If they have ears, let them hear. Do you want to be making millions of naira via export business, click on the first link on my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fantastic Ankara Designs / Simple Beginners Guide To Going Natural In Nigeria + Starter Kit / Miss Falconet Pageant Records Poor Turnout As Phyno, Others Fail To Show Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.