Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Toyota Camry 2007 Fan Belt - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2007 Fan Belt (2165 Views)

My Alternator Fan Belt Of My 2002 Benz C200 Cuts Often. / Frequent Fan Belt Cut / My Peugeot 206 Constantly Cuts Fan Belt And Mechanics Have Turned Me To An Atm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2007 Fan Belt by smsglory(m): 8:08pm On May 27, 2018
Hello Guys,

It's started last month,was driving home and I put on my AC,next I noticed the car system changed only for me to discover that the fan belt snapped off....and this has become a recurring Decima on the car.
Changed it again for the 3rd time 3 days ago, on my way back from church it cutted again...

My road side Mech is saying that the roller is weak, that's why my belt is cutting, cause trust me,I have gotten all kind of belt this period.

Please what is the solution?

Thanks
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 Fan Belt by nurey(m): 9:50pm On May 27, 2018
if you observe the belts very well, you will see a pattern which will point out the offending pulley, changing that pulley and replacing with OEM belt will stop the snapping.

Also there is nothing like cutted sir, cut is cut past or present, also belts don't cut sir, they snap.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 Fan Belt by smsglory(m): 10:25pm On May 27, 2018
smsglory:
Hello Guys,

It's started last month,was driving home and I put on my AC,next I noticed the car system changed only for me to discover that the fan belt snapped off....and this has become a recurring Decima on the car.
Changed it again for the 3rd time 3 days ago, on my way back from church it cutted again...

My road side Mech is saying that the roller is weak, that's why my belt is cutting, cause trust me,I have gotten all kind of belt this period.

Thanks
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 Fan Belt by smsglory(m): 10:27pm On May 27, 2018
nurey:
if you observe the belts very well, you will see a pattern which will point out the offending pulley, changing that pulley and replacing with OEM belt will stop the snapping.

Also there is nothing like cutted sir, cut is cut past or present, also belts don't cut sir, they snap.

Thanks bro...I actually used the words of the Mech��...if u noticed,I used snapped in my first paragraph....thanks for the heads up
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 Fan Belt by jodecibmw: 3:34pm On May 31, 2018
I've noticed a similar scenario in another vehicle, the mecho and owner thought it was a particular pulley that was the culprit and in the process changed the belt up to four times before one dude suggested he buys a "Belgium" belt, (that is foreign used one, if he couldn't get the OEM required one, as most of the new belts in the market are "Taiwan" low quality belts, if you get my drift). Guess what? The belt snapping stopped and owner has been driving the said car for more than two months now.

So maybe, just maybe, and I'm not saying inferior belt is the culprit but, try to get a "Belgium" belt fitted and observe to confirm before messing with the pulleys. Ok, there you have it.

smsglory:
Hello Guys,

Thanks
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 Fan Belt by smsglory(m): 12:02am On Jun 01, 2018
jodecibmw:
I've noticed a similar scenario in another vehicle, the mecho and owner thought it was a particular pulley that was the culprit and in the process changed the belt up to four times before one dude suggested he buys a "Belgium" belt, (that is foreign used one, if he couldn't get the OEM required one, as most of the new belts in the market are "Taiwan" low quality belts, if you get my drift). Guess what? The belt snapping stopped and owner has been driving the said car for more than two months now.

So maybe, just maybe, and I'm not saying inferior belt is the culprit but, try to get a "Belgium" belt fitted and observe to confirm before messing with the pulleys. Ok, there you have it.

Thank I would, once i find myself around ladipo
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 Fan Belt by Nobody: 3:50am On Jun 01, 2018
smsglory:
Hello Guys,

Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/4501821/carquest-2nd-largest-usa-parts

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 Fan Belt by radautoworks: 4:38am On Jul 03, 2018
First, have someone competent like us diagnose it for free, then get an authentic replacement part.
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 Fan Belt by Joshcoli(m): 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
Just get a tokunbo belt... The number should be 1930. You are fine

Buying the new belt is complete waste of time
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 Fan Belt by melviniyke2002(m): 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
@smsglory u didnt update us how it went....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

INspired man,Siena And Other Potential Mec. I Need Info On Camry Hydrid 08 / Engine Dies After Air-Conditioner Is Switched On (97 Camry) / My 2002 316i BMW Smokes Ocassionally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.