Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,601 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Insecurity Or Selfishness? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Insecurity Or Selfishness? (10380 Views)

Insecurity Or What? / Insecurity Or Love? / Insecurity Or Plain Stupidity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 11:31pm On May 27, 2010
I am currently helping a colleague plan his wedding.
To my biggest surprise, his bride-to-be deliberately left out her attractive/cute friends in her bridal train.
When asked why she left them out - She said she doesn't want to be outshone on her own WEDDING DAY.

Ma question is. . . . . .Is this a general trend in Naija brides or a one-off?
Should this act of placing one's own needs above the needs or desires of others be allowed?
Naija sisters, abeg. . . . . .I need answers.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 27, 2010
It's her day, isn't it?
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 11:36pm On May 27, 2010
stillwater:

It's her day, isn't it?

No question. . . . .It's her day!!!
But why would a bride sacrifice her own bridal train so she can look good.
She's already hitched. . . . .Why not give the single ladies their own opportunity to showcase their beauty?

This particular bride is so selfish to the point of choosing a useless dress code for her bridal train.
WTF is that about?
I tire for una Naija babes o.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

No question. . . . .It's her day!!!
But why would a bride sacrifice her own bridal train so she can look good.
She's already hitched. . . . .Why not give the single ladies their own opportunity to showcase their beauty?

This particular bride is so selfish to the point of choosing a useless dress code for her bridal train.
WTF is that about?
I tire for una Naija babes o.

What's with the Naija babes this and that comments?
For that, I'll use wowor babes for my own, if you don't like it go and hug a mopol officer.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 11:45pm On May 27, 2010
stillwater:

What's with the Naija babes this and that comments?
For that, I'll use wowor babes for my own, if you don't like it go and hug a mopol officer.

I won't be surprised.
12 Kemistrys in your bridal train so you can look like a Beyonce. Classic!!!!
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by hescool(m): 11:45pm On May 27, 2010
dude u are so right. my sisters friend who recently got married, figured she could not get rid of my sister and her friends on her bridal train, so instead she made them look like chukys bride in dresses most housegirls wouldnt wear to sleep  shocked while she looked stunning  angry
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 11:46pm On May 27, 2010
hescool:

dude u are so right. my sisters friend who recently got married, figured she could not get rid of my sister and her friends on her bridal train, so instead she made them look like chukys bride in dresses most housegirls wouldnt wear to sleep  shocked while she looked stunning  angry

But why do women take this route?
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by hescool(m): 11:48pm On May 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

it beats me maybe they can answer grin
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

I won't be surprised.

Lol, a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do. cheesy
On a serious note, it's both insecurity and selfishness.
One of my mom's worker's was a bride's maid and the bride asked all her bride's maids to do one ridiculous hairstyle like that. But these girls did another hairstyle. On the wedding day both bride and bride maids did the same hairstyle. The bride was so furious. My mom's worker was like ''you u done find husband, I never find''. grin
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 11:54pm On May 27, 2010
stillwater:

Lol, a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do. cheesy
On a serious note, it's both insecurity and selfishness.
One of my mom's worker's was a bride's maid and the bride asked all her bride's maids to do one ridiculous hairstyle like that. But these girls did another hairstyle. On the wedding day both bride and bride maids did the same hairstyle. The bride was so furious. My mom's worker was like ''you done find husband, I never find''. grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Jesus. . . . . . .This story takes the cake.
10 Gbosas for the bride's maids abeg. . . . . .They followed their heart grin grin grin grin
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by r231(m): 11:55pm On May 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

I won't be surprised.

oh ma God smiley cheesy
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Scooby1(m): 11:58pm On May 27, 2010
hescool:

that got me laughing so hard grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 12:02am On May 28, 2010
~Sauron~:

grin grin grin grin grin
Jesus. . . . . . .This story takes the cake.
10 Gbosas for the bride's maids abeg. . . . . .They followed their heart grin grin grin grin

Most beautiful women won't bother. These brides should channel their energies to their make-up artistes instead, since they need everyone girl in the room to look down trodden, they would certainly need 100 layers of foundation to outshine everyone in the room. cheesy
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by MissyB1(m): 12:03am On May 28, 2010
~Sauron~:

We Love to be the centre of attention!  cool
Having anatha Lady [even mama] get all the compliment and attention,
Plus causing heads to turn on ma day isn't smile-inducing.
Like they say - ''Prevention is cheaper . . . ''
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sissy3(f): 12:08am On May 28, 2010
one secret rule wedding among sisterhood, no lady should be allowed to look more gorgeous than the bride on her day. shes the only one allowed all the attention and no its no insecurity or selfishness.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 12:14am On May 28, 2010
stillwater:

Most beautiful women won't bother. These brides should channel their energies to their make-up artistes instead, since they need everyone girl in the room to look down trodden, they would certainly need 100 layers of foundation to outshine everyone in the room. cheesy

I wonder o. . . . .

Missy B:

We Love to be the centre of attention!  cool
Having anatha Lady [even mama] get all the compliment and attention,
Plus causing heads to turn on ma day isn't smile-inducing.
Like they say - ''Prevention is cheaper . . . ''

Missy B, it is your day - 10000 Beyonces cannot take away your compliments and attention.
You are the one in white. . . . .You are the one the whole guests came to see.
Why deprive your maids? It's grossly unfair.

~Sissy~:

one secret rule wedding among sisterhood, no lady should be allowed to look more gorgeous than the bride on her day. shes the only one allowed all the attention and no its no insecurity or selfishness.

Who made this rule? Queen Jezebel herself or who?
I am supposed to be the best man of this wedding ceremony but i am beginning to consider walking out of the whole schiznit.
Sauron is not standing next to Kemistry, abeg. grin grin
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 12:15am On May 28, 2010
~Sissy~:

Why are there no rules with men? Women and their wahala tongue cheesy
You think I'll answer any woman that gives me crap to wear as a bride's maid? cheesy
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 12:17am On May 28, 2010
stillwater:

Nail collides with the Hammer. grin cheesy
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sissy3(f): 12:22am On May 28, 2010
stillwater:

~Sauron~:

Who made this rule? Queen Jezebel herself or who?
I am supposed to be the best man of this wedding ceremony but i am beginning to consider walking out of the whole schiznit.
Sauron is not standing next to Kemistry, abeg. grin grin

its the gene in us. all eyes on that day should be on the bride not on the dead gorgeous bridesmaid that may distracts the attention of men including the groom
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 12:24am On May 28, 2010
~Sissy~:

its the gene in us. all eyes on that day should be on the bride not on a the dead gorgeous bridesmaid that may distracts the attention of men including the groom

So in a nutshell, you will do the same as well?
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 12:30am On May 28, 2010
~Sissy~:

its the gene in us. all eyes on that day should be on the bride not on a the dead gorgeous bridesmaid that may distracts the attention of men including the groom

Women sha!!! grin The groom and his men usually wear the same suit color, he doesn't even fuss. But for the bride, you as a guest sef can't even wear white. The white is enough to set her apart from everyone but na lie she still takes it further by reducing her maids finess with nonsense hairstyles and dresses. grin

A woman should learn to hold her own in the midst of beautiful, gorgeous girls, of which I'm an expert at. cool cool cool cool cheesy grin tongue
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sissy3(f): 12:47am On May 28, 2010
stillwater:

Women sha!!! grin The groom and his men usually wear the same suit color, he doesn't even fuss. But for the bride, you as a guest sef can't even wear white. The white is enough to set her apart from everyone but na lie she still takes it further by reducing her maids finess with nonsense hairstyles and dresses. grin

A woman should learn to hold her own in the midst of beautiful, gorgeous girls, of which I'm an expert at. cool cool cool cool cheesy grin tongue

you know women na.  some bridesmaid can be tempting though and do intentionally try to out due the bride. so i dont blame the bride

~Sauron~:

So in a nutshell, you will do the same as well?

as a member and a believer of the core sisterhood principles, had it be me i wouldnt make them look ugly per se, but one thing is for sure aint nobody going to be looking more fly than me. its my day and i make the rules. and i own all the attention
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 12:57am On May 28, 2010
~Sissy~:

you know women na.  some bridesmaid can be tempting though and do intentionally try to out due the bride. so i dont blame the bride

as a member and a believer of the core sisterhood principles, had it be me i wouldnt make them look ugly per se, but one thing is for sure aint nobody going to be looking more fly than me. its my day and i make the rules. and i own all the attention

U are a meanie! cheesy
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by funkybaby(f): 1:01am On May 28, 2010
@post

to each their own.

am not really a big fan of a bridal train with so many 'participants'. left for me, it will just be my husband-to-be and i at the altar.

bridesmaid will prolly be my sister while i will handpick few of my young cousins to wear gown and coffetti or whatever it is called. my friends will have to make do with swiss voile aso-ebi.

if the bride sticks to this, then she has nothing to worry about anyone trying to outshine her  grin tongue

why should she be worried about such in the first place sef. thats just plain insecurity
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by mamagee3(f): 1:02am On May 28, 2010
That's Nigerian women for you!

They think everyone has some bad intentions for them or cooking up something evil.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 1:09am On May 28, 2010
funkybaby:

@post

to each their own.

am not really a big fan of a bridal train with so many 'participants'. left for me, it will just be my husband-to-be and i at the altar.

bridesmaid will prolly be my sister while i will handpick few of my young cousins to wear gown and coffetti or whatever it is called. my friends will have to make do with swiss voile aso-ebi.

if the bride sticks to this, then she has nothing to worry about anyone trying to outshine her  grin tongue

why should she be worried about such in the first place sef. thats just plain insecurity

Funkybaby, don't be stingy with your man o. cheesy grin

mama-gee:

They think everyone has some bad intentions for them or cooking up something evil.

Mamagee, are you handpicking worwor bride's maids on your wedding day?
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by mamagee3(f): 1:11am On May 28, 2010
^^I would be inviting my best Friends as my brides maid.

And believe me, all my friends are goodlooking but that doesn't mean I would try to encourage them to be fugly on that day.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sissy3(f): 1:15am On May 28, 2010
funkybaby:

@post

to each their own.

Lol, like your style jare

at the surface it sure do appear to be insecurity but its quite more complicated than that.

mama-gee:

No dear. this is not one of those "nigerian women" stuff. its everywhere

~Sauron~:

U are a meanie! cheesy

Lol. you cant blame us. we know what we're up aganist
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 1:28am On May 28, 2010
^^^

So you are saying it's not selfishness nor insecurity?
What is it then?
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by elderly: 2:30am On May 28, 2010
this is incredible
No wonder several prayer warriors have suddenly emerged with powerful warfare prayer points
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Odunnu: 4:07am On May 28, 2010
4 real?and i'v never observed ths?I'v been chief BM 2a friend ds year and I ddnt hv any feeling she was insecure or selfish.I was looking very good on dat day.I'l be observant frm now.Thnx 4ds knowledge
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by funkybaby(f): 7:59am On May 28, 2010
~Sauron~:

Funkybaby, don't be stingy with your man o. cheesy grin

ok. mo ti gbo grin

~Sissy~:

Lol, like your style jare

na so jare. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Girls Are Too Cheap, I Bleep 7 Girls Today - Nigerian Guy Says. Photos / I Am Starting To Doubt My Sexual Orientation, Please Advise / Footballers Or Musicians, Who Is More Popular??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.