Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Insecurity Or Selfishness? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Insecurity Or Selfishness? (10387 Views)

Insecurity Or What? / Insecurity Or Love? / Insecurity Or Plain Stupidity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by eyoniggar(m): 8:49am On May 28, 2010
@Sauron:

Both words used reflects in her judgment.

She is potentially unsecured and disgustingly selfish.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by 28Schweet(f): 9:14am On May 28, 2010
shocked @ all those ladies wanting to be the only beauty, are there going to be pictures to this shinding? i'd hate to have ugly looking people or badly dressed people in my wedding pictures,
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by nellaluv(f): 9:22am On May 28, 2010
@ topic. .
That's one of the rules in planning a wedding, never outshine the bride, it applies to all females, be it the bridesmaids or the guest, you don't dress to a wedding looking like a tramp angry all eyez would be on you the bride won't find it funny, i won't cool tongue , its nt kul!
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sissy3(f): 9:59am On May 28, 2010
~Sauron~:

^^^

So you are saying it's not selfishness nor insecurity?
What is it then?

its just one of those hidden rules. of course not everyone abides by it or is even aware of it but its there. no matter what you do on that day bridesmaid, mother, guests, friends etc dont just outshine the bride and draw all the attention to yourself. Lol.

to many it may seem/appear like a huge insecurity but IMHO, its not. 

it doesnt mean all her friends/bridesmaids should be allowed to look like aliens from the fifth world though.

nellaluv:

@ topic. .
That's one of the rules in planning a wedding, never outshine the bride, it applies to all females, be it the bridesmaids or the guest, you don't dress to a wedding looking like a tramp angry all eyez would be on you the bride won't find it funny, i won't cool tongue , its nt kul!

correct.

i was recently viewing this wedding profile of a couple, the brides mom was just very fabulous. she literally out-shined her daughter, many commentators literally forgot about the bride and all comments was on her fabulous mom. she took all the attention
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by funkybaby(f): 10:22am On May 28, 2010
~Sissy~:

i was recently viewing this wedding profile of a couple, the brides mom was just very fabulous. she literally out-shined her daughter, many commentators literally forgot about the bride and all comments was on her fabulous mom. she took all the attention

true.

another common trend is the bride's mother outshining (fashion-wise) the mother-in-law-to-be or vice versa on the wedding day.

personally, if i know that my mother-in-law-to-be is not as fashionable as my mum, i will ensure (by force)  grin that they both wear the same attire (aso-ebi). infact, if possible, down to the same shoe and bag and even have them made up by the same make-up artist.

i find it dissapointing when i attend weddings and i see the bride's parents or vice versa better (expensively/glamourously)dressed than the groom's parents undecided
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 10:29am On May 28, 2010
It's a silent/unwritten rule! Bridesmaids are NOT allowed to look better than the bride!

I dont think she's being selfish or insecure by leaving out her cure friends, maybe a little childish. I mean she's married already,what could possibly happen? Her hubby will decide to marry one of her bridesmaids after seeing her dressed up gorgeously on his wedding day

As for me though, my bridesmaids are going to look stunning, cos I know that even the most beautiful of them won't hold a candle near me! tongue cheesy
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by tkb417(m): 10:30am On May 28, 2010
The beautiful maids should be part of the effizy for my wedding

My wifey will not unilaterally decide to bring fugly women to our wedding cos she feels insecure

I will not agree to such cos my REP is at stake too
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by indie22(f): 10:31am On May 28, 2010
Happened to me once and it wasnt funny at all, one of my not so close neighbourhood friends was getting married and asked me to be in  her train, i wondered why as we were not particularly close, anyway i agreed and when it was time to do the fittings, she brought out this really ugly shiny green joke of a dress she had some surulere taylor, it looked cheap and garrish and i knew at that moment that i would not be attending the wedding, but i said nothing to her.

Anyway on the eve of the wedding she asked that we all come and sleep over at hers, i made up an excuse and promised to meet them early enough in the morning, then i switched off my phn. It wasnt until her brother came banging on my gate the next morning, they'd obviously tried to contact me, that i decided to still attend the wedding. I reluctantly put on the too loose and not at all flattering outfit,  (picked out another hot dress from my wardrobe to change into) and met them at her dad's house as they were leaving for church, as soon as they had finished their vows and taken pictures (stupid girl was grinning like a satisfied cow), i politely excused myself went to a friend's house nearby and changed into my own clothes and removed the ugly fascinator, then went back to join the party.

You should have seen the silly girl's face when she saw me. She obviously exepected me to stay the full length of the party in her ugly dress. Pple kept asking me why i changed and i told them the dress ripped and i had no choice but to change, funny enough, no one asked how come i conveniently had a change of clothes.

Dont know if she did it on purpose but why anyone would want an ugly bridal train is just beyond me.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by funkybaby(f): 10:36am On May 28, 2010
indie22:

Happened to me once and it wasnt funny at all, one of my not so close neighbourhood friends was getting married and asked me to be in her train, i wondered why as we were not particularly close, anyway i agreed and when it was time to do the fittings, she brought out this really ugly shiny green joke of a dress she had some surulere taylor, it looked cheap and garrish and i knew at that moment that i would not be attending the wedding, but i said nothing to her.

Anyway on the eve of the wedding she asked that we all come and sleep over at hers, i made up an excuse and promised to meet them early enough in the morning, then i switched off my phn. It wasnt until her brother came banging on my gate the next morning, they'd obviously tried to contact me, that i decided to still attend the wedding. I reluctantly put on the too loose and not at all flattering outfit, (picked out another hot dress from my wardrobe to change into) and met them at her dad's house as they were leaving for church, as soon as they had finished their vows and taken pictures[b] (silly girl was grinning like a satisfied cow), [/b] i politely excused myself went to a friend's house nearby and changed into my own clothes and removed the ugly fascinator, then went back to join the party.

You should have seen the silly girl's face when she saw me. She obviously exepected me to stay the full length of the party in her ugly dress. Pple kept asking me why i changed and i told them the dress ripped and i had no choice but to change, funny enough, no one asked how come i conveniently had a change of clothes.

Dont know if she did it on purpose but why anyone would want an ugly bridal train is just beyond me.

what a scheming biatch.

i like what you did jare ! wink
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by tkb417(m): 10:37am On May 28, 2010
i wonder; i will not agree to having ugly dresses/brides for our wedding

if tongues will wag, then it has to be for positive things
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 10:38am On May 28, 2010
tkb417:

My wifey will not unilaterally decide to bring fugly women to our wedding cos she feels insecure

You sef too dey put mouth for women mata!  tongue

Werrin concern you concern wetin bridesmaids go wear on your wedding day?  undecided
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by tkb417(m): 10:41am On May 28, 2010
Ujujoan:

You sef too dey put mouth for women mata! tongue

Werrin concern you concern wetin bridesmaids go wear on your wedding day? undecided
wetin concern me how?

will i be the groom on the day or not?

why will i be sparkling and the guys/gurls behind will be looking like almajiris?

say wetin?
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by funkybaby(f): 10:48am On May 28, 2010
tkb417:

yeah, yeah. i feel you oh jare.

i can just imagine the screaming headline on Sunday's edition of City People

Lagos big boy, TKB, gets married to Toyosi tongue in a Victorian-styled wedding ceremony with a bunch of ugly girls as part of the bridal train. grin grin grin
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by tkb417(m): 11:03am On May 28, 2010
funkybaby:

Lagos big boy, TKB, gets married to Toyosi tongue in a Victorian-styled wedding ceremony with a bunch of ugly girls as part of the bridal train. grin grin grin
whats city people got to do with my REP

Toyosi ko, Labake ni tongue
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 11:05am On May 28, 2010
funkybaby:

ROTFLMAO grin grin
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by tkb417(m): 11:08am On May 28, 2010
Ujujoan:

ROTFLMAO grin grin
wetin? what is funny in what she typed?

e be like say una dey find me trouble

both of u tongue tongue
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by queeneve: 11:11am On May 28, 2010
Why do people always assume everyone want to look like Beyonce, have you seen other beautiful women beside BEYONCE?

Removing her pretty friends to look like BEYONCE is obsessive, HOWEVER, IF THAT HOW SHE FEEL SHE WILL LOOK MORE BEAUTIFUL THEN LET HER BE, IT HER DAY, SHE CAN PICK ALL UGLY WOMEN IF SHE WANT, IT NOT YOUR WEDDING POSTER!

AND GET OVER YOUR OBSESSION WITH BEYONCE, MARIAH CAREY DID A SONG ABOUT THAT CHECK IT OUT!
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by iice(f): 11:14am On May 28, 2010
Insecure
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by queeneve: 11:16am On May 28, 2010
I don't think she insecure and selfish, I think she have the right to pick whomever she want as her bridal team, and it her wedding,

There are men that like ugly women too, DON'T FORGET! right, Faher?
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by iice(f): 11:19am On May 28, 2010
Are bridesmaids not friends?
A friend ought to know that you'll dim yourself because it's your friend's day.
A bride ought to know it's her day and she's getting to marry the one for her. Whatever the others look like, she should know she's the one in the eyes of the one who matters.

Women sef and their ish. Me na only men dey my own cheesy
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by tkb417(m): 11:21am On May 28, 2010
iice:

Are bridesmaids not friends?
A friend ought to know that you'll dim yourself because it's your friend's day.
A bride ought to know it's her day and she's getting to marry the one for her. Whatever the others look like, she should know she's the one in the eyes of the one who matters.

Women sef and their ish. Me na only men dey my own cheesy

gbam!!!
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by ayo84(m): 11:40am On May 28, 2010
i don't blame her oh, women are evil , that her friend can backstab her, don''t u know ladies derive pleasure in delibrately trying to steal their friend's boyfriends
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by RecentPost: 11:48am On May 28, 2010
@Poster,the lady was 100% right because she knows her man more than anyone else,if i were to be the groom and i notice that all the maids are better than my wife, i'll surely check in after the wedding. tongue tongue
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 11:50am On May 28, 2010
tkb417:

wetin? what is funny in what she typed?

e be like say una dey find me trouble

both of u tongue tongue

No mind us jor!  wink  cheesy
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by indie22(f): 11:52am On May 28, 2010
So looking your best at a wedding equals trying to steal your friend's man?

A bride that keeps herself preoccupied with other people looking nicer than her at her own wedding is shallow and insecure.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by GEW: 11:54am On May 28, 2010
some people are insecure and they manifest the insecurity without making efforts.
indie22:

A bride that keeps herself preoccupied with other people looking nicer than her at her own wedding is shallow and insecure.
does the rule book say people should not be insecure during wedding?
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Moyola(f): 11:54am On May 28, 2010
@ topic
. . .a bit of both undecided
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by debankss(m): 11:55am On May 28, 2010
May be she's scared of her to be hubby regreting his decision. The fear of the guy changing his mind at the last minute,  grin
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by iice(f): 11:57am On May 28, 2010
indie22:

I should think the wedding preparations and all that would be taking up her time.
I've seen people left in a daze because of trying to get everything in order and the wedding to run smoothly.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by trublu1(f): 12:01pm On May 28, 2010
@ poster

it's her day, her choice.  it's her that will be looking at her wedding pics and if for just one day she wants to feel that all eyes are on her - then so be it.

I do, however, agree with those that say she's insecure.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by snthesis(m): 12:38pm On May 28, 2010
@OP
wats ur obsession with Kemistry?
abeg free her.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Orikinla(m): 12:52pm On May 28, 2010
She should have it her way.
Nigerian babes do not trust themselves.
Some can even snatch your groom on wedding day and after the wedding they would be seeing and bunking.

In Naija anything can happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

LADIES!!!, How Do You Feel If This Happens? / Can A Mother Of Five Children Still Enjoy Sex, Really?! / I Just Found Out That My Ex Is A Baby Mama. And. (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.