Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Insecurity Or Selfishness? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Insecurity Or Selfishness? (10382 Views)

Insecurity Or What? / Insecurity Or Love? / Insecurity Or Plain Stupidity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by dayokanu(m): 4:38pm On May 28, 2010
@Poster,

I wont let any insecure bride spoil my wedding, we would select the bridesmaid together. Its her wedding as well as mine.

Any friend she is inviting to the wedding she must send me their full lenght picture if she cant find pretty ones, I would pay for models.

No fat babe, No ugly babe,

For me, My groomsmen would be all over 6ft 4. I dont like to look so odd and tall in the picture. Even if it means renting groomsmen. I have one already My brother he is 6ft4 at 21 maybe he can be my height when I am getting married, Get ready to see Dirk Novitzki, Dwayne Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Kobe bryant in Nigeria when Dayokanu is getting married.

Sharon, Your only hope of getting on the train is for you to wear 12 inches heeled Shoes tongue tongue
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by tkb417(m): 4:39pm On May 28, 2010
na so sauron short reach?
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 28, 2010
dayokanu:

@Poster,

I wont let any insecure bride spoil my wedding, we would select the bridesmaid together. Its her wedding as well as mine.

Any friend she is inviting to the wedding she must send me their full lenght picture if she cant find pretty ones, I would pay for models.

[b]For me, My groomsmen would be all over 6ft 4. [/b]I dont like to look so odd and tall in the picture. Even if it means renting groomsmen. I have one already My brother he is 6ft4 at 21 maybe he can be my height when I am getting married, Get ready to see Dirk Novitzki, Dwayne Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Kobe bryant in Nigeria when Dayokanu is getting married.

Sharon, Your only hope of getting on the train is for you to wear 12 inches heeled Shoes tongue tongue
ROTFL! Sth dey do you cheesy
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by dayokanu(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2010
I would even screen the girls invited to my wedding. Aside from the couples immediate Family, Only very pretty chics would be allowed in.

No fat single girl would be allowed in, No ugly girl would be allowed in, No pregnant girl, No bleached girl.

Kobe Bryant and LeBron must have a good impression of Nigerian chics.

There would be a second party for all comers where the others can join and have fun.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:50pm On May 28, 2010
I think this problem lies with the bride herself. If the bride thinks she is ugly then pls don't blame her.

But I think that most ladies always look good on their wedding day, even the ones who aren't there on ordinary days still manage to look really good on their wedding day.

As for me, my prerequisite for my bridal train is you've got to be beautiful or else dnt even expect to be part of my train. Might sound selfish but I want my bridesmaids to be on point n nothing less!
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by NeedHelp: 4:50pm On May 28, 2010
just curious who is the ugly KEMISTRY you are reffering to  shocked
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 28, 2010
dayokanu:

I would even screen the girls invited to my wedding. Aside from the couples immediate Family, Only very pretty chics would be allowed in.

No fat single girl would be allowed in, No ugly girl would be allowed in, No pregnant girl, No bleached girl.

Kobe Bryant and LeBron must have a good impression of Nigerian chics.

There would be a second party for all comers where the others can join and have fun.
Wow, so basically, no Nigerian chick undecided

Same rule should apply to the men jor.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by mafolayomi(f): 4:55pm On May 28, 2010
good smiley thank God am not alone in this, there is not going to be anything like bridal train for me, its just going to be my chief bride's maid, and the flower girl, and d best man and d page boy for my man,and thats all.

My reasons being that i do not need so many maids, and d fact that my fiance is going to be expected to pay for their dresses, shoes and all dat. also, so many  troubles do com with dis bridal train of a thing, that some will expect u to choose them, and if u dont, enmity might start from there, and so many other things. of cause all my friends will surely be in uniform that day i.e by wearing the aso ebi and d head gear, and thats all  smiley
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by denzel2009: 4:57pm On May 28, 2010
dayokanu:

@Poster,

For me, My groomsmen would be all over 6ft 4. I dont like to look so odd and tall in the picture. Even if it means renting groomsmen. I have one already My brother he is 6ft4 at 21 maybe he can be my height when I am getting married, Get ready to see Dirk Novitzki, Dwayne Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Kobe bryant in Nigeria when Dayokanu is getting married.

and Lil wayne as the best man!
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On May 28, 2010
Wow, so basically, no Nigerian chick

Same rule should apply to the men jor.

na you talk am o Say all Nigerian girls are either fat, ugly, Pregnant or bleached. Let them catch you. You go dance ALANTA for freeway

and Lil wayne as the best man!

Lailai. Never. If Lil Wayne comes then Terry G, Father U-turn and Baba Fryo too would stake their claims
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Faher1: 5:11pm On May 28, 2010
I don't think she insecure and selfish, I think she have the right to pick whomever she want as her bridal team, and it her wedding,

There are men that like ugly women too, DON'T FORGET! right, Faher?

Queeneve, are your talking about me? I don't like ugly women o.
I just believe the word is poorly used.
People say women are ugly at times even when they look okay.

P.S: This is my new ID for now. Seun has banned my real profile for no reason
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by wazobiang: 5:21pm On May 28, 2010
@zebra543

on point!
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 5:52pm On May 28, 2010
tkb417:

na so sauron short reach?

Nor mind am. . . . .
I have told him several times that any man taller than i am is ABNORMAL. grin grin grin grin

NeedHelp:

just curious who is the[b] ugly KEMISTRY[/b] you are reffering to  shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/64120_kemi_3_jpgf37971c11201a08600626f125ce8e39b
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Travelista(f): 6:08pm On May 28, 2010
Ewww! Ugly bridesmaids accompany an ugly bride! To be fair, Naija girls aren't the only ones that do that; I have friends across several ethnic lines that have done the same thing, for the very same reason. Insecure chicks slay me and for the jealousy (because that's what it is) to extend to your so-called friends? No. Ma'am. The husband-to-be should be watching this like a hawk because if it was me, I'd think real hard about marrying such a insecure, petty person.

For me, I'll choose my prettiest friends to be in my bridal train; I'd hate to look through my photo album later and see myself shining while Lazy-Eyed Betty and Unibrow Ursula funk up the picture's flavor.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 6:11pm On May 28, 2010
Travelista:

Ewww! Ugly bridesmaids accompany an ugly bride! To be fair, Naija girls aren't the only ones that do that; I have friends across several ethnic lines that have done the same thing, for the very same reason. Insecure chicks slay me and for the jealousy (because that's what it is) to extend to your so-called friends? No. Ma'am. The husband-to-be should be watching this like a hawk because if it was me, I'd think real hard about marrying such a insecure, petty person.

For me, I'll choose my prettiest friends to be in my bridal train; I'd hate to look through my photo album later and see myself shining while Lazy-Eyed Betty and Unibrow Ursula funk up the picture's flavor.

My thoughts exactly. . . .

In this age of wedding websites and Megabyte digital pictures, i cannot afford an ugly bridal train.
Posterity won't forgive me. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by blank(f): 6:15pm On May 28, 2010
^^^^^^^

That's the way forward.
However, i just wonder, seems like everyone has that idea but where will the ugly ones find a guy if they are not on a bridal train?
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by yme1(f): 6:18pm On May 28, 2010
@post
i think insecurity is playing a big role here
if she doesn't take a hold of herself that might also lead to her losing the guy undecided
but what the fu-ck everyone wants the best for their wedding why is hers diff?
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 6:20pm On May 28, 2010
blank:

^^^^^^^

That's the way forward.
However, i just wonder, seems like everyone has that idea but where will the ugly ones find a guy if they are not on a bridal train?  

Nightclubs
Pubs
Viewing Centres
Shopping Mall
House-Parties
Wedding Receptions
etc. . . . . .
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by denzel2009: 6:21pm On May 28, 2010
blank:

^^^^^^^

That's the way forward.

Nobody is ugly,its just that we have different preferences!
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by blank(f): 6:22pm On May 28, 2010
denzel2009:

Relax abeg, dem get people, guys and girls that are so ugly its plain for all to see.
~Sauron~:

Nightclubs
Pubs
Viewing Centres
Shopping Mall
House-Parties
Wedding Receptions
etc. . . . . .

You go gree dance with wowo girl?
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On May 28, 2010
If a girl thinks her groom would within 6 hrs of wedding start hitting on one of her bridesmaid, them she has no biz getting married to him then.
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by denzel2009: 6:26pm On May 28, 2010
blank:

Relax abeg, dem get people, guys and girls that are so ugly its plain for all to see.

We are still saying thesame thing, as she worwor reach, some guys still dey chop am without spoon! Its not your own cup of tea!
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by yme1(f): 6:26pm On May 28, 2010
denzel2009:

true!!!!
i have seen lots of guys out there getting married to babes whom are not 20% pretty but thier love is still burning
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 6:26pm On May 28, 2010
blank:

You go gree dance with wowo girl?

Only when i am drunk. . . . . grin grin grin grin grin

y me:

@post
i think insecurity is playing a big role here
if she doesn't take a hold of herself that might also lead to her losing the guy undecided
but what the fu-ck everyone wants the best for their wedding why is hers diff?

A lot of women seem to agree with the bride - read from page 1.
Their point is. . . . .It's HER day and she must be satisfied with every schiznit.
If she happens not to be comfy with pretty bride maids then AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by mamagee3(f): 6:34pm On May 28, 2010
Good point, Sauron. grin grin
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 6:42pm On May 28, 2010
mama-gee:

Good point, Sauron. grin grin

When you married Taribo West in 2002, were your bridemaids looking pretty? cheesy grin
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by mamagee3(f): 6:43pm On May 28, 2010
~Sauron~:

When you married Taribo West in 2002, were your bridemaids looking pretty? cheesy grin
Marry me? shocked shocked

Since when? embarassed

I thought he was your brother-in-law nah!
embarassed
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by blank(f): 6:45pm On May 28, 2010
So sauron, ur brother na Taribo West.
Yet ur talking about ugly girls.
Hope u av plenty money. grin
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 28, 2010
Well ugly bride goes with ugly bride maids
Pretty brides wont want wowor face to spoil him wedding album nah
So tis not a matter of insecurity or selfishness, but its a matter of cutting ur coat according to your cloth
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by yme1(f): 6:47pm On May 28, 2010
~Sauron~:

A lot of women seem to agree with the bride - read from page 1.
Their point is. . . . .It's HER day and she must be satisfied with every schiznit.
If she happens not to be comfy with pretty bride maids then AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!
what ever rocks their boat undecided
my brides maid are gonna be as stunning as i am on my wedding day that i know is for sure cheesy
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by Sauron1: 6:49pm On May 28, 2010
y me:

what ever rocks their boat undecided
my brides maid are gonna be as stunning as i am on my wedding day that i know is for sure cheesy

U already know i won't settle for less. grin grin

blank:

So sauron, your brother na Taribo West.
Yet your talking about ugly girls.
Hope u av plenty money.  grin

How can?
Taribo used to be mamagee's husband until 2004.

mama-gee:

Marry me? shocked shocked
Since when? embarassed
I thought he's was your brother-in-law nah!
embarassed

No need to deny your ex-hubby now. grin
Re: Insecurity Or Selfishness? by mamagee3(f): 6:50pm On May 28, 2010
^^Are you accusing me of committing adultery? undecided

He's your sister's man, remember. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can A Mother Of Five Children Still Enjoy Sex, Really?! / NIN / Nigeria Girls And Big Stomach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.