Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself (1839 Views)

Should This Break Up Letter Be Sent To Its Intended Recipient? / This Is Just So Annoying :'(....am I At Fault For This Break Up? / What Do U Think Of This Break-up Message? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Lacrissa: 5:38am On May 28, 2010
What does it mean if a guy tells you during a so called break that you are not even giving him time to miss you, yet was so upset because you traveled and spent time with another guy (friend) that happens to like you. He said he was not happy with it maybe if it was a girlfriend that's different and then I told him that I am ready to hear the worst, that he should just tell me he does not want anymore and let's break up, he keeps saying No, that let him think through and I am not giving him time to think or even miss me.

I am getting confused. Should I be patient or end it myself?
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by SAGoddess: 7:16am On May 28, 2010
The man wants you to leave him alone while he thinks about what he wants to do with you, he may have decided already and you missed all the signs, read between the lines girl. Your dude chose his words well to avoid breaking your heart but it seems you are not hearing what he is saying, leave him alone, if he is yours, he will come back to you, no need to chase after him, he is a grown man who knows what he wants and right now, it is a break from YOU! Don't contact him, deal with your emotions and anticipate he may be gone for good, prepare for the worst so you won't get hurt if he does not come back!

I hope the above will give you something to think about,
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by stuffs4me(m): 9:12am On May 28, 2010
yet was so upset because you traveled and spent time with another guy (friend)
undecided
Hmmmmm! girls! one of a kind. did u actually expect him to jump up for joy because u went somewhere and 'rolled in the hay' with some other dude?
well, u cant always eat ur cake and have it all the time
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Lacrissa: 4:12pm On May 28, 2010
stuffs4me:

undecided
Hmmmmm! girls! one of a kind. did u actually expect him to jump up for joy because u went somewhere and 'rolled in the hay' with some other dude?
well, u cant always eat your cake and have it all the time

How am I eating my cake and having it? He wants a break right? Whjat am I supposed to be doing? sit in my room and cry after I had told him I didn't want the break, or if he wants he should just tell me once and for all, it is over, let me open a new chapter and heal faster.

SA Goddess:

The man wants you to leave him alone while he thinks about what he wants to do with you, he may have decided already and you missed all the signs, read between the lines girl. Your dude chose his words well to avoid breaking your heart but it seems you are not hearing what he is saying, leave him alone, if he is yours, he will come back to you, no need to chase after him, he is a grown man who knows what he wants and right now, it is a break from YOU! Don't contact him, deal with your emotions and anticipate he may be gone for good, prepare for the worst so you won't get hurt if he does not come back!

I hope the above will give you something to think about,

Thanks for the above but is is very difficult. At least I made it easier for him to just tell me it's over but he keeps saying why am I expecting the worst? That it may not be totally my fault but him also resisting maybe because of the age that I should just be patient. My fear is just losing potentials or at a cross road not knowing if it's positive or wait till eternity for him to come tell me "it's over" when he could have just said it now.
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Faher(m): 5:57am On May 29, 2010
Lacrissa:

traveled and spent time with another guy (friend) that happens to like you.

You've just made it easier for your bf to end it with you. I hope that's what you wanted and you're happy? grin

Seriously, why would I be happy that my gf went to holiday with another dude, when it's not as if we're swingers, smh
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Lacrissa: 6:14am On May 29, 2010
Faher:

You've just made it easier for your bf to end it with you. I hope that's what you wanted and you're happy? grin

Seriously, why would I be happy that my gf went to holiday with another dude, when it's not as if we're swingers, smh

But you asked for a break right?
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Faher(m): 6:21am On May 29, 2010
Lacrissa:

But you asked for a break right?

Let's say you asked for a break and you still had feelings for me. Then I went and vacationed with another chick, that'll be insulting to you and would make you want to end the relationship (even if you never planned to).

put your foot in his Nikes and you'll see that what you did was wrong.
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by hollandis(f): 7:39am On May 29, 2010
Lacrissa:

What does it mean if a guy tells you during a so called break that you are not even giving him time to miss you, yet was so upset because you traveled and spent time with another guy (friend) that happens to like you. He said he was not happy with it maybe if it was a girlfriend that's different and then I told him that I am ready to hear the worst, that he should just tell me he does not want anymore and let's break up, he keeps saying No, that let him think through and I am not giving him time to think or even miss me.

I am getting confused. Should I be patient or end it myself?
Are you a LovePeddler?
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by bigfather(m): 7:52am On May 29, 2010
Just becus he said he wanted a break,then you too a hike with another guy and you want him to to hug and jump all over you ? Gurlfriend, you've simply asked yourself out of the game. grin
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by hollandis(f): 7:57am On May 29, 2010
big father:

Just becus he said he wanted a break,then you too a hike with another guy and you want him to to hug and jump all over you ? Gurlfriend, you've simply asked yourself out of the game. grin
She doesnt LIKE him.Geddit tongue
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by bigfather(m): 8:04am On May 29, 2010
hollandis:

She doesnt LIKE him.Geddit tongue

like who ? d other guy or her boyfriend ?
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by makajibbz(m): 8:14am On May 29, 2010
Faher:

Let's say you asked for a break and you still had feelings for me. Then I went and vacationed with another chick, that'll be insulting to you and would make you want to end the relationship (even if you never planned to).

true spit, the break means,they're things goin on wit his life that he wants to solve or family trouble,
break doesnt mean vacation with a handsome dude who liks you, i hope he 4gives you!
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by hollandis(f): 8:18am On May 29, 2010
big father:

like who ? d other guy or her boyfriend ?
It is obvious she doesn't like her bf.She wants him to break up with her OFFICIALLY and FINALLY
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Lacrissa: 3:21pm On May 29, 2010
hollandis:

Are you a LovePeddler?

What sorta question? That's an insult1 and to answer, NO i'm not.

hollandis:

It is obvious she doesn't like her bf.She wants him to break up with her OFFICIALLY and FINALLY

If I did not like him, I wouldn't be here asking on what to do undecided

big father:

I did not go to hike any other guy. He's a guy I've known that wanted to help me with stuffs and was I stupid letting him know. I was even still keeping in touch where I was.

makajibbz:

true spit, the break means,they're things goin on wit his life that he wants to solve or family trouble,
break doesnt mean vacation with a handsome dude who liks you, i hope he 4gives you!

I did not plan to vacation with some other dude. Afterall I pleaded I did not want the break and also he said because of some of the harsh things I said when we argued and could also be his resistance because of the age difference that he wants to think through. I told him, if he wanted to end it, he should just tell me now, so I could close this chapter and he keeps saying no, how do I know he wants the worst?

Faher:

Ok so what would I be expecting you to do? Sit down in your room and be crying, while I make decision? Leaving you confused?
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by tolutara: 3:43pm On May 29, 2010
Lacrissa, Lacrissa, Lacrissa

I believe I have called you 3 times,

Girl, you are behaving like an unfinished and uncultured girl instead of being a lady.

A lady who respects herself and claims she loves this man will give him the time to think about his future with you. he has said as much,but you conveniently looked for an opportunity to hang with a dude that likes you and taking stuff from him (basically taking advantage of that Guy's feelings) but you want your feelings to be respected . No wonder he is cooling his heels with you. He can see he is not dealing someone matutre.

You are  not even smart enough to keep your mouth shut but you  told the man you are trying to keep you with another guy??( what exactly were you trying to achieve by tell him)?? , are listing to yourself at all . Then you have the audacity to ask him if he wanted to breakup. If he was smart, I hope he does. angry

I remember people here on NL told you give him the time he needs to make up his mind, but no, Lacrissa did not hang out with her girlfriends but instead a dude  or better yet, look inward and see if there was somethings she did to contribute to the issue at hand. She is there asking dumb questions .

Girl, you really have no business dating right now. You need to mature some more as you will only hurt yourself and others in the process, IMO. angry angry angry angry

So to your question if you should end it yourself, Newsflash Girl, you already did. Hope you are happy
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Faher(m): 3:59pm On May 29, 2010
^^^ You've said it all, Tolutara

Lacrissa:

Ok so what would I be expecting you to do? Sit down in your room and be crying, while I make decision? Leaving you confused?

You sound quite immature (no offense intended). What you should have done is wait, If you have to audacity to run off with someone else every time you have a dispute with your bf, then you shouldn't be in a relationship 'cos your future relationships will be tougher than this one. If you keep running off, you'll be forever single . Just my 2 cents
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Lacrissa: 4:04pm On May 29, 2010
tolutara:

Lacrissa, Lacrissa, Lacrissa

I believe I have called you 3 times,

Girl, you are behaving like an unfinished and uncultured girl instead of being a lady.

A lady who respects herself and claims she loves this man will give him the time to think about his future with you. he has said as much,but you conveniently looked for an opportunity to hang with a dude that likes you and taking stuff from him (basically taking advantage of that Guy's feelings) but you want your feelings to be respected . No wonder he is cooling his heels with you. He can see he is not dealing someone matutre.

You are  not even smart enough to keep your mouth shut but you  told the man you are trying to keep you with another guy??( what exactly were you trying to achieve by tell him)?? , are listing to yourself at all . Then you have the audacity to ask him if he wanted to breakup. If he was smart, I hope he does. angry

I remember people here on NL told you give him the time he needs to make up his mind, but no, Lacrissa did not hang out with her girlfriends but instead a dude  or better yet, look inward and see if there was somethings she did to contribute to the issue at hand. She is there asking dumb questions .

Girl, you really have no business dating right now. You need to mature some more as you will only hurt yourself and others in the process, IMO. angry angry angry angry

So to your question if you should end it yourself, Newsflash Girl, you already did. Hope you are happy

Faher:

^^^ You've said it all, Tolutara

You sound quite immature (no offense intended). What you should have done is wait, If you have to audacity to run off with someone else every time you have a dispute with your bf, then you shouldn't be in a relationship 'cos your future relationships will be tougher than this one. If you keep running off, you'll be forever single . Just my 2 cents

Ok as harsh as you both sound, I understand where you are coming from. It was a job offer I got, which I told him I would not be in town for few days but kept in touch all through and I am already back. I did not run off with any dude. I still assured him, it was him I wanted while I wait but at the same time unsure If I'm prolonging my disappointment. I agree I should not have told him but it is a mistake, never to be repeated again.
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by MissyB1(m): 4:12pm On May 29, 2010
Child's play!
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by tolutara: 4:15pm On May 29, 2010
MS B,

u No see wetin I see,  na we ladies go dey say, men this Men that, gosh!!!!!, no wonder Men are not being honest with ladies anymore.

Dude said he needed a break not a break up, !!!! What she needs to do is to have him define the break , how long and the rules that govern it and
determine a time when they will review their time apart and make a decision how to forge ahead either separately or jointly.
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Faher(m): 4:19pm On May 29, 2010
Lacrissa:

Ok as harsh as you both sound, I understand where you are coming from. It was a job offer I got, which I told him I would not be in town for few days but kept in touch all through and I am already back. I did not run off with any dude. I still assured him, it was him I wanted while I wait but at the same time unsure If I'm prolonging my disappointment. I agree I should not have told him but it is a mistake, never to be repeated again.

Learn from your mistake
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Nenum(m): 4:22pm On May 29, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

well said Tolutara.

but i dont tink she did wrong telling the guy the truth.
cuz if after cooling his heels they get back 2geda n he latter finds out (dnt wanna imagine the outcome)

@poster, if he is yours he would cum back. (and trust me i adore ur honesty, as lying is one tin i can never take)

if i am asked to choose btw a LovePeddler and a lie teller (trust me d LovePeddler has just got a new bobo)
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by MissyB1(m): 4:29pm On May 29, 2010
tolutara:

MS B,

u No see wetin I see,  na we ladies go dey say, men this Men that, gosh!!!!!, no wonder Men are not being honest with ladies anymore.

Dude said he needed a break not a break up, !!!! What she needs to do is to have him define the break , how long and the rules that govern it and
determine a time when the will review their time apart and make a decision how to forge ahead either separately or jointly.

Ma Dear . . . . .  the poster, as well as her boyfriend, is confused!!! undecided  angry undecided
The Girl is always in one trouble or anatha, with her man. Na she get Boyfriend pass?  undecided

You said it all in Your previous comment . . . .Welldone!
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by tolutara: 4:30pm On May 29, 2010
Nenum:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

well said Tolutara.

cuz if after cooling his heels they get back 2geda n he latter finds out (dnt wanna imagine the outcome)

@poster, if he is yours he would come back. (and trust me i adore your honesty, as lying is one tin i can never take)

if i am asked to choose btw a LovePeddler and a lie teller (trust me d LovePeddler has just got a new bobo)

They are on a break.  She is allowed to hang out with friends but if she was not in the wrong place, why did she feel the need to tell him that she was  hanging with a guy that likes her? Make no sense.

As far as lying, she did not have to lie, because that info she shared with him was irrelevant to their situation but instead she felt she could make him jealous and hasten his decision but it backfired.

Maturity is Key word.
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by MissyB1(m): 4:39pm On May 29, 2010
tolutara:

Maturity is Key word.
According to her, the man is 12 older than she is.
Little wonder the Dude wants a break. I'm sure he couldn't put up with her jejune behavior anymore.  undecided

While You're in a 'break' process with John, You're sleeping at Peter's place.
Hello?!! One would expect You to be doing some rumination as well.

Why does he want a break? - Important question You shoulda been busy cracking.
You people sef!!  undecided
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Lacrissa: 4:51pm On May 29, 2010
Missy B:

According to her, the man is 12 older than she is.
Little wonder the Dude wants a break. I'm sure he couldn't put up with her jejune behavior anymore.  undecided

While You're in a 'break' process with John, You're sleeping at Peter's place.
Hello?!! One would expect You to be doing some rumination as well.

Why does he want a break? - Important question You shoulda been busy cracking.
You people sef!!  undecided

Missy B please take it easy. I've learnt my lesson but my intention was for something else. It was a job offer in a different State. Maybe it did not occur to me that way but like I said, let me take it as a mistake and lesson next time but he is not even about the whole thing anymore. The break was something else and him reflecting.

tolutara:

MS B,

determine a time when the will review their time apart and make a decision how to forge ahead either separately or jointly.

I understand you though no specific timing was concluded.

Missy B:

Ma Dear . . . . .  the poster, as well as her boyfriend, is confuse!!! undecided angry undecided
The Girl is always in one trouble or anatha, with her man. Na she get Boyfriend pass?  undecided

You said it all in Your previous comment . . . .Welldone!

which girl? referring to me??

Faher:

Learn from your mistake

Thank you Faher, I would.
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Lacrissa: 4:53pm On May 29, 2010
Nenum:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

well said Tolutara.

@poster, if he is yours he would come back. (and trust me i adore your honesty, as lying is one tin i can never take)

Thanks for understanding, maybe yes it was unnecessary but my intention was harmless. All the same, I've learnt.
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Absu(m): 5:12pm On May 29, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy :DJust having la1/2 day here.Think d poster is nt planning about settling down due 2 2much age on her side cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Lacrissa: 5:21pm On May 29, 2010
Absu:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy :DJust having la1/2 day here.Think d poster is nt planning about settling down due 2 2much age on her side cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

undecided what am I doing now that shows I don't want to settle?
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by MissyB1(m): 5:24pm On May 29, 2010
Lacrissa:

Missy B please take it easy.
Forgive ma outburst of words. smiley

Lacrissa:

I've learnt my lesson.
Great!
Now, sit Your man and explain the reason for Your action.
If he's not being reasonable about the whole thing and still insists on putting Your relationship on pause . . . .You can then decide what to do. Good Luck!
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by peacejona: 5:59pm On May 29, 2010
girl you just have to give him that break to know what he is up to but first of all you made a great mistake, which you have to be careful next time
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by Nenum(m): 6:04pm On May 29, 2010
@Missy B - nice one on the maturity line

@Tolutara - absolutely agree with your stance

@poster: well regardless of what happens, please try to kip dis honest trend of urs and always say everything.
(if u kip doing dat, one day you would find out that there is actually noting u wud see your self doing, dat u wouldn't be able to tell ur spouse about) that is a real plus on behavioural pattern in relationship.

as i said earlier i cud trade that (truth telling and telling all) for anything.
Re: Guys What Does This Break Mean To You? Should I Be Patient Or Just End It Myself by stuffs4me(m): 7:12pm On May 29, 2010
@poster: well regardless of what happens, please try to kip dis honest trend of urs and always say everything.
did she really say everithing?

@poster
Y do I keep havin this naggin feeling that u might not b completely honest about ur reasons 4ur vacation (now suddenly) "job trip", cos ur initial post was that u travelled and spent time with some dude that liked u.
r u sure the “job offer” was not an excuse to go gallivanting with the dude that liked u?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can One Identify A Good Wife? / Babes Help Me Out / Are These The True Characteristics Of Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.