Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Short Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Stories (1431 Views)

E. Fantasy(short Stories) / What To Do About Short Stories...... / My Short Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Stories by c0dec(m): 11:15pm On Jan 01, 2006
i'm not the novel-reading type. the only books i've completely read are all the J.R.R Tolkien's books that cover middle-earth
reason is i'm an extremely slow reader so i've patience with only excpetional stories such as Tolkien's. but ideally, i'd like to read more. so if you've got links to any good short story, please post it here.

BTW, you can read this story titled "[url=http://www.edogawa-u.ac.jp/~tmkelly/research_spider.html]The Spider Thread[/url]" written by a japanese legend Akutagawa Ryûnosuke.
Re: Short Stories by Seun(m): 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2006
Thanks for the recomendation. Before we click, it begins thus:
It so happens that one day the Lord Buddha is strolling alone on the shore of the lotus pond in Paradise. All the lotus blossoms blooming in the pond are globes of the whitest white and from the golden stamen in the center of each an indescribably pleasant fragrance issues forth abidingly over the adjacent area. Day is just dawning in Paradise.
Re: Short Stories by batolam: 7:06pm On Feb 02, 2007
Author: Eudora Welty
My favorite short story of her: Why I Live at the P.O.

(1) (Reply)

2007 Commonwealth Short Story Competition. / "a Man Who Was Almost A Man" / "Agbako Nile Tete"- I Need This Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.