Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,636 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Mearsk Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mearsk Recruitment (10936 Views)

Vacancies Available At Mtn, Mearsk And Oando / Moller Mearsk Test Format / Mearsk Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mearsk Recruitment by secretopen: 2:44am On Mar 20, 2007
PLS ALL NAIRALANDERS YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BEWARE OF MEARSK COMPANY THE DONT RECRUIT BUT THE WILL CALL YOU FOR TEST YOU WILL COME AND WASTE YOUR TRANSPORT YOU WILL PASS BUT THE WILL NOT EMPLOY YOU.I HAVE WITNESSS THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WHO TOOKTHE TEST AND PASS BUT NO RECRUITMENT.IF YOU DAUT ME APPLY BELLOW THE WILL CALL YOU ,YOU WILL WRITE BUT EMPLOYMENT TILL THE YEAR 40000

We thank you for the interest you have shown in the A.P. Moller Group.
Yours sincerely,
for A. P. M Ø L L E R
Best regards
Nathalie Yamb
Senior Employment, Training & Development Manager
APM Terminals Apapa Ltd
Container Terminal, Apapa Port
Apapa, Wharf Road
Lagos, Nigeria

Olusola Toyin Aina
Human Resources - Recruitment
APM Terminals Apapa Ltd
Apapa - Nigeria
Tel: +234 (01) 8995140 - Fax: +233 (01) 8995140

http://www.apmterminals.com

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee. If you are not the addressee you must not read, copy, use or disclose the e-mail nor the c[/color][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by Ignition(m): 10:59am On Mar 20, 2007
na beef talk, stop hating because it didn't work for you.
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by dd2: 11:44am On Mar 20, 2007
thats an unfair comment.i have a friend that works with them
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by siizzy(f): 3:26am On Mar 25, 2007
Please,does anybody in the house has an idea of how Maersk 2nd stage aptitude test look like? I did the First stage, 100 questions in 24 minutes and I've been asked to come for the 2nd stage soonest.
Please i need a reply from anyone that has an idea.
thank u all
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by ifeoluadeb: 8:18am On Mar 26, 2007
Please sizzy wen where u called for the second test? I wrote the first test on the 3rd of march and havnt been called yet. Is there any other person that has been called?
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by siizzy(f): 2:23am On Mar 27, 2007
Hi Ifeoluba,
i was called few days after d 1st stage
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by joyjames(f): 12:54pm On Mar 27, 2007
i applied in feb'07 and am call for a test am confuse now cos am in kano,
dont want to waste my time and money cos of all this story of APmoller been fake

pls someone should advice
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by abbgstar(m): 4:12pm On Mar 27, 2007
Its better 2 b optimistic, I work with the group and its not as bad as its been portrayed.
If your scores in the tests are consistently high and your personality profile matches what is required you will b called for an interview straight away.
If not another test will b scheduled for you. Just keep at it. A good multinational group to work with.
Tempus fugit, got to go.
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by mengi: 7:56pm On Mar 27, 2007
JOY JAMES, THAT NAME SURELY RINGS A BELL, PLS ARE YOU THESAME JOY JAMES THAT SCHOOLED AT STATE HIGH SCHOOL, IPAJA ROAD. IF YES THIS IS JAMES HOLLA ME @ 08067360926
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by doncee: 12:50am On Mar 31, 2007
THE TEST IS 50 QUESTIONS 4 10 MINUTES BUT ANY BODY GOING THEIR SHOULD BE CAREFUL BECAUSE THE DONT RECRUIT U WILL WASTE UR TIME, IF U DOUT ME GIVE IT A TRIAL AND SEND ME REPLY IN THIS FORUM
PLS TRY ANOTHER COMPANY GOD HELP ALL NAIRALANDERS EVERY BODY MUST GET A GOOD JOB IN JESUS NAME
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by RuuDie(m): 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2007
well, it ain't really true that they don't recruit; it's just that they don't recruit as many people as they invite 4 tests.
i've written 2 tests & attended an interview there, didn't get picked but i'm glad 2 say that 2 of my pals got in!
the 2nd test is pretty much like the first, same format; same kinda questions but i think it's a kinda tie-breaker, u know - when u've got a no. of people tied on the same scores they use it 2 decide who drops & who moves on.
if u need any info. about 'em, i could call my pals & find out. all the best!
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by tiyan: 11:53pm On Mar 31, 2007
IMPOSSIBILITIES is only the mind of fools. To me is worth giving it a try.
RuuDie, how did you apply.

1 Like

Re: Mearsk Recruitment by siizzy(f): 7:50am On Apr 01, 2007
There's an element of truth in what people have been saying about Maersk . I experienced it myself recently. I wrote d test and they got back to me few days after, 2days to be precised that i passed the test and would have to come for the 2nd stage two days after.
On that same day that i was supposed to go for the test they called me very early like 7.20am informing me that the test had been rescheduled and that they would get back to me later.
I was surprised to find another mail in my box the following day telling me that they were sorry and that they could not process my application any further because I didn't pass the test.{This is the same company that sent me text that I passed and still called me}
I later mailed them and they never bothered to mail me back . I went further to call them and they said they were very sorry about the whole thing ,that the mistake was from the person that sent d SMS and that it was a mix-up.
What can u then say about that?
I just believe that what'l be 'l be and God 'l surely make a way for us all and give us the very best.
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by larrymo(f): 9:27am On Apr 01, 2007
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by larrymo(f): 9:45am On Apr 01, 2007
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by siizzy(f): 10:02am On Apr 01, 2007
i'm okay, Larry.
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by larrymo(f): 10:13am On Apr 01, 2007
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by siizzy(f): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2007
Thanks Larry.
Wish u all d very best in all ur endeavours too.
Have a great day!
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by larrymo(f): 10:22am On Apr 01, 2007
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by omomoller(m): 10:26am On Apr 01, 2007
mearsk is good place to start a career but the pay is not encouraging at all.too long working hours and you get paid little cash.
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by iDenmark: 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2007
What kind of questions are in the test: numerical, verbal, spatial; short or long (connected to reading long text and checking the answer is true or wrong). Is it possible to fill all answers in such short time? How does the psychological test look like? Please give me an advice how to prepare to this interview.
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 22, 2007
This secret open guy who started this thread is just yanning nonsense. The truth is that they only call you for the second test if the difference between your two papers in the 1st test is more than 5 marks(or so). You know Nigerians always like the stupid answer to the simple question. When they don't call you after a test, instead of you to say you did not pass, you say they are a scam! maga.

For me I got called in for an interview in Lagos a few months after the test and was offered the job the next day. Sadly though, they wanted people who could start right away and I'm still servin in ABUJA so,
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by Pk001(m): 2:19pm On Oct 22, 2007
I wont say Maersk Doesn't recruit, but the fact remains that majoity of the people that pass there test are not called for the final stage of the interview. I am one of them.We passed their test together with some maritime academy students, while I was doing My National service. Thats over a year plus ,to be precised November 2005.We were 41 in Number.I have the letter with me. It was exactly one year after i.e. November 2006, they called first eleven for their interview . Non of them as i know was appointed.They havent called any batch among us since then. Maybe till november again.My name falls around thirty something. Maybe if i follow there own schedule, it should be november 2008 or 2009.i dnt pray 4 dat sha.

well each company has its own policy, but i dont believe that one is good enough. You don't invite person for a test, after spending much money, time and energy and you keep him waiting for so long without telling him anything, and you say they should not come to your office or call for any enquiry. Thats bad

Anyway i gat to move on. I got a place that i am working with for now.Even though AP moller(Mearsk) seems better, it doesn,t matter, exprience is not lost. I will still like to work with them if they are ready.

Let there be change in their attitude, as everybody is complaining.Its not good for their brand.
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by RuuDie(m): 5:30pm On Oct 22, 2007
i'm not g'onna say its beef talk but he's got a point there too which is not completely spot-on sha!

i've actually written tests at Maersk and actually made it up to the interview stage there. . . . . . friend of mine got selected, i didn't but one thing i noticed there was they kept bringing folks they had tested or interviewed from way back to join the freshers. . . . thats why in their ads they usually say "if u've applied b4, u need not apply again!"

haven't been called since then though. . . . . no regrets sha - twas' a good learning curve 4 me!
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by angelaam: 11:54am On Apr 16, 2008
Hello ,

Can anybody tell me more about those first tests ? what I can expect ? What is the mail topic of it ?

Will be grateful , if you can send me some information on mail : angela50@gazeta.pl

Thx

Angela
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by victor4u(m): 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2008
Mearsk - APM Terrminals

1st stage - we were about 30 and about 50 I.Q questions in 20mins

2nd stage - we were 5, another 30 IQ questions in 10mins

3rd Stage - Jst myself n a lady, we were givn another IQ questions bt she passd, while i wasnt successful

bt i ws later cald for interview along wit her; we met wit the finance manager, cos they were lookin for an accountant.

For the lady, she rejected the offer cos their pay is not up to wat she currently earns. Accordin to her, they were offerin 2.5mil per annum

For me, after the interview, was nt cald again sad

Note - all the 3 test was in one day
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by efosanice: 6:35pm On Apr 16, 2008
how far with mearsk now, i submitted an application around march 2008 and i haven't been called for any thing now ,would they still call for 2008 or they are through with the whole employment stuff.
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by angelaam: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2008
Hi ,

I submitted application last September and was invoited for interview in May this year , so quite a long time. Be patient !!

BR
A.
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by nossycheek(f): 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2008
victor4u:

Mearsk - APM Terrminals

1st stage - we were about 30 and about 50 I.Q questions in 20mins

2nd stage - we were 5, another 30 IQ questions in 10mins

3rd Stage - Jst myself n a lady, we were givn another IQ questions bt she passd, while i wasnt successful

bt i ws later cald for interview along wit her; we met wit the finance manager, because they were lookin for an accountant.

For the lady, she rejected the offer because their pay is not up to what she currently earns. Accordin to her, they were offerin 2.5mil per annum

For me, after the interview, was nt cald again sad

Note - all the 3 test was in one day

I went through the 3 stages same day with 2 other candidates for different positions though. We filled some data forms, submitted pay slips for previous 3 months pay as well as 3 passports. I was told they will contact me in 2/3 weeks time but I haven't heard from them over 5wks but I am not bothered 'cos I don't think they can pay me the N5.5m I asked for an accounting position. The funny is that they didn't even try to negotiate or maybe the payslip they saw put them off.
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by victor4u(m): 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2008
nossycheek:

I went through the 3 stages same day with 2 other candidates for different positions though. We filled some data forms, submitted pay slips for previous 3 months pay as well as 3 passports. I was told they will contact me in 2/3 weeks time but I haven't heard from them over 5wks but I am not bothered 'because I don't think they can pay me the N5.5m I asked for an accounting position. The funny is that they didn't even try to negotiate or maybe the payslip they saw put them off.

Nossy, really I told u wat they are offerin is 2.5m per annum, I doubt if they can pay u 5.5m

lets get to talk more on messenger if u on - eva_victor2005{ online office hrs }
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by iyaegin: 12:50am On Apr 29, 2008
please how much does maersk pay their entry level pls someone should lemme know had a test sum weeks back n wanted to know wassup thanks
Re: Mearsk Recruitment by Nikkyb007(f): 12:20am On Dec 31, 2019
HELLO. I did the first stage of maersk test today, i would like to know more about the remaining process ...You can send a mail to ajiboyeadenike5@gmail.com quote author=RuuDie post=1006225]well, it ain't really true that they don't recruit; it's just that they don't recruit as many people as they invite 4 tests.
i've written 2 tests & attended an interview there, didn't get picked but i'm glad 2 say that 2 of my pals got in!
the 2nd test is pretty much like the first, same format; same kinda questions but i think it's a kinda tie-breaker, u know - when u've got a no. of people tied on the same scores they use it 2 decide who drops & who moves on.
if u need any info. about 'em, i could call my pals & find out. all the best![/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google To Train 100,000 Nigerian Software Developers / 5 Possible Reasons You’re Unable To Get A Job / Npower: All Outstanding September Payment Cleared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.